Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]

Friendly Explorer

(Hey Cas, I'll be sure Alyssa takes her up on that! : D)

Alyssa would continue to walk, forcing Cas to walk along behind her-luckily Alyssa was taking determined, small steps, so there was plenty of time to keep up. "He ignored me." Was all she said to Cas, eyes flicking to the corners to look back at her. "All I wanted was quiet. All I ever want is quiet."

There was a strange desperation to the last part of her sentence-and for the briefest of moments Alyssa was undeniably human, lost in the wide world of Gaia. But just as quickly as the flash of weakness appeared, her face hardened. "You are correct. Things are calm. I will step outside and ensure they stay that way." Her tone was absolutely chilling as she picked up speed, moved more briskly. She was almost to the door, and then-well, then Bakari spoke to her, making some very good points.

Alyssa didn't look at him, just continued to stare at the door with that same look of determination, having stopped to hear him out, in the very least. She stood a moment, thinking, calculating-and concluded he was correct. Killing the wolf man would hardly help her concentration-better to let the slight go unavenged and resume her work than to start a worse ruckus. Still, she felt so angry.

Alyssa took Cas' advice and exhaled, taking in a new, deep breath free of her earlier rage. She nodded at the man, her shield vanishing on a whim as she half turned to return to her work when-

Jingle

Her shield reappeared instantly, the girl half startled and prepared to level an attack on James should it be him-but instead a look of surprise took hold of her face-and then an obvious feeling of dread.

A tall, rather well structured man entered the shop, having just passed an officer of some kind with a nice enough young man-and now entering to look to his side and blink in surprise at the tall, tall figure of...Anubis? in the shop. His lips curved into a curious, affable smile, allowing the rest of the bookstore to scrutinize him.

He was a little over six feet tall and rather muscular, wearing a neat, older styled suit of grey wool. His dress shoes were two toned and he had a pair of gold rimmed spectacles in his right breast pocket. His hair was short and a yellow blond color, parted on the side and combed into a handsome style. His eyes were a frosty greenish grey and very warm, welcoming.

He seemed like a very nice man-and in him was a strong but not overpowering sense of magic.

The man turned his attention to Alyssa almost at the same time-his friendly smile fading into a disapproving frown.

"Alyssa, there you are. Why are you out in Durem alone?" His disapproval was fair, given she was a ten year old child without supervision. He gave her a hard look. "And what..." He reached to touch her, the shield-when it flickered off to leave the girl staring at him, no longer surprised-but expressionless, her eyes steely and hard. "Were you about to fight? With magic?!" He seemed anxious and worried about this, as any caregiver ought to be.

"No, Richard, I was just returning to my studies." Alyssa bit of coldly, visibly annoyed to be questioned.

"Uncle. Uncle Richard." He sounded slightly hurt, looking around the shop. "What exactly are you studying here? And are you bothering these nice people?"

"They are bothering me. I was just leaving-" The girl responded curtly, attempting to brush past him-but the larger man grabbed her arm, not hard, but certainly not about to let her bypass him either.

"We've talked about you going out alone. Lexi was with Ellen, I surmised you were out again-did you walk all the way here?" He asked her distractedly, looking to the nearest adult-which was the Anubis lookalike fellow next to him. "I'm sorry if she's been any trouble." He said with apologetic charm-but at that same moment Alyssa ripped her arm from his grasp, staggering back a few steps. "You have no right to apologize for ME!" She hissed, her Uncle's eyebrows shooting up at her obvious hatred-and before the poor beleaguered uncle could react she darted past him and out the door.

"Young lady-!" He opened the door to find the alley empty of any small blonde mages. Richard looked around, exasperated-then let the door close and turned back to the store, embarrassed. "I...she's a handful." He said awkwardly.

Beloved Friend

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Blaze was getting ready to play with the doberman after he calmed down some seeing that all the new canines were friendly. But his ears perked up and he looked at the door when he heard his name called. "Apologies but it seems I need to get going. Looks like we are going home for the night." He said to Hexa, "Nice meeting you. I hope you get to meet James. He is a great guy. You might end up liking him." He added in. He teased her a little bit with that last part. Blaze knew she was part wolf demon he didn't really know that Hexa didn't know that.

"Blaze lets go. Its getting late." James said when a man opened the door. "Later guys. I need to go get some shut eye." He called into the shop as Blaze ran out and over to James' Ford Raptor. After opening the door so Blaze could get in, James got in himself, started up the truck, then drove off into the night.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Appearance: [x]
The Dogs: [x]

"It's okay!" Hero said with a smile. At least someone knew how to handle unruly children. "Oh? Have you found any ways of opening it yet, or do you need to gather the things to do it?" Hero honestly knew very little of higher magics, but she found them interesting anyway.

But then the girl dragged Cas away, toward the door again. The girl blinked, watching as the girl stopped to listen to Bakari, and then her uncle came in. Oh thank God, he'll be able to--Oh... nevermind, no he won't, she thought as the girl bounded out the door, leaving her uncle to awkwardly apologize for his niece's behavior. Hero waved away the apology. "Yo, normal kids are a handful. I give you props for raising one with magic powers!" As she finished speaking, she smiled at the man.

Tsaba allowed herself to be pet by Cas, but when the woman was dragged away, her dark eyes turned back to Bakari. The red Doberman approached, sitting at the jackal's feet, her head cocked back to look up at his face.
If you were crafted by Anubis, then that means you can hear my brother and I, right?

Deber jumped into a play bow at Blaze's feet, his tail nearly smacking Hexe in the face.
Play! Play! But then the door opened, and the wolf ran to James. The departure of the wolf didn't deter the dog's excitement, however, as he turned to play bow at Hexe. Let's play!

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Appearance

At Wilton's apologies, the Jackal simply raised his hand and waved dismissively. "It is fine. To confuse me with Anubis happens often, but it is a mistake that must be rectified immediately." He explains, returning his hand to folding his arms in front of his chest. Almost everyone he'd met had immediately mistaken for the God... it was not offensive, but it did indeed need to be corrected immediately before the worship happened once again. During the time of the Pharoahs, Bakari had been worshipped, yes, but they knew his position. Through him, they worshipped Anubis. Bakari was here as Anubis' hand and influence in the world, acting and enforcing his will.

At the man's apologies for her nieces actions, Bakari waved his hand dismissively yet narrowed his eyes and met the man's gaze. "You would be wise not to dismiss her so easily. Young she may be, but I and most agreed with her. Her only fault was the anger with which she protested." He informed, shrugging ever so slightly as he rolled his shoulders. The uncle had arrived late to the situation, so obviously was not aware of what had happened. The idea that the girl might have troubled Bakari was amusing, though. Timelessness had given Bakari the gift of unlimited patience.

Hearing a sentence directed at him from the red doberman-that-wasn't-a-doberman, Bakari turned his gaze to the creature and listened. There was some inherent power to the creature, but as to what, he wasn't sure. They smelled of Catholicism, however... the Jackal wrinkled his nose faintly before nodding silently to the creature, giving it no other reply.

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

Alright. Bye Blaze! Hope you can come play later! She responded to the Wolf while wagging her tail. She saw how excited the Doberman was but she couldn't understand what he was trying to say to her for some odd reason. However his body language was practically speaking for him. Let's play! She told the Doberman before attempting to play wrestle with him.

Hexe didn't know that some of the artifacts were sensitive and she wasn't paying attention to the humans either. If they weren't playing with her she didn't care for the moment. However should someone scold her or try to get her to stop, she would obey even if they didn't issue a command.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie was so glad that Bakari and Cas both stepped in to try to calm Alyssa down...but that good mood was ruined when her uncle Richard came in and made the child storm out. I kinda feel sorry for Alyssa in a way, because she obviously doesn't relate to people very well...but that's all the MORE reason for someone to teach her right from wrong, and why social niceties are still important in today's world. She needs friends...friends who can be real with her.

Natalie hung back quietly, not really sure what to do or say. She did, however, lay a reassuring hand on poor Wilton's shoulder. "It's okay," she said gently. "Bakari really is a great person."

((Sorry for crummy post. My brain is mush right now. crying ))

Friendly Explorer

Richard wasn't sure how to take that. He studied the tall figure a moment, then spoke. "Perhaps not, perhaps not..." He said, thoughtful and a little troubled. "She does have a rather quick temper."

He didn't know what to do with her, these days. He was sure she was still grieving, but she wouldn't talk to him. She didn't want anything to do with him, it seemed, and he couldn't understand why. Ellen was such a warm and friendly child-but not Alyssa.

He didn't understand what had happened to the delightful, if a little unworldly toddler he had once brought gifts for from his travels.

And now she was dabbling in magics and getting into trouble. He would have to have a serious talk with Lexi about better supervising the child. A very serious talk indeed.

"I had best follow after, try to catch up. She's too young to walk alone." He said almost to himself, worriedly.

Richard clearly had no idea Alyssa could teleport herself. No idea at all!

Tactical Tipper

After the jackal's acceptance of his apology, much of Wilton's tension was gone. The last thing he needed was to get on the bad side of a god. Or a god's avatar. Or anything like that. He was just happy he survived!

Apparently, the terrifying ghost girl from earlier was actually a terrifying mage girl. Honestly, Wilton wasn't sure that was any better. An older man, apparently the girl's caretaker, had appeared and attempted to diffuse the situation. It didn't work perfectly, but in any case things seemed to have calmed down once the girl fled the building.

When Natalie attempted to reassure him, he smiled weakly. "Thank you, Miss Natalie. It seems like Bakari forgave me, so I guess I'm okay now," he said, sighing and then dropping into a nearby chair. He crossed his legs and rubbed his temples in an attempt to relax. "I supposed I'll have to try and get used to this kind of thing, since I work here now. Although I haven't been able to talk with Ross about the details. He always seems busy with something!"

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Hero turned when she heard Tsaba's voice, just in time to see the jackal wrinkle his nose at the red Doberman and nod. The girl raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Tsaba..?"

The dog turned her attention back to Hero, a long, perked ear twitching.
He was crafted by the hands of a god, making him an Astral being. The words made the girl's brow furrow again. She knew that other gods aside from Yahweh existed, and that they created their own creatures, but she had never met one in person before. "So that's why he can hear you? Because he was made by a god?" At her words, the dog let out a bark. Of course. Angels were the first beings created by God, and they were crafted to live and serve at his side. This emissary is very much the same: created by a god to live and serve in and out of his realm. Though, he will most certainly look down on us and anything created by Yahweh, since we're an adolescent compared to the god he serves.

Deber paid no mind to the conversation happening. All that mattered was Hexe and their play wrestle. He would let himself be pounced on, and he would snap his jaws playfully at the wolf, barking and whining happily as they jumped and wriggled about.
Friend!

She turned back to the uncle of the girl who had just been in the shop. "Good luck, man! Ten year olds are small and easy to hide, but they're a lot better at picking hiding places than six year olds," Hero said, trying to make a joke out of a heavy situation. It was only after the words left her mouth that she realized that they might worry the man more, and her smile died from her face. "Err... I mean, uh..."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie smiled to Wilton. "I know what you mean about Ross bein' busy a lot," she said. "But it gets better. He's just goin' through a rough time right now. And like I said, Bakari's a sweetheart!"

Richard turned to leave so he could find Alyssa, and Natalie gave the man a sympathetic smile. Then she noticed the collar on the floor, which she guessed belonged to the dog in here. Maybe I should call the doggie's family and let them know we found her!

She picked up the collar and went outside to make a phone call or two, since she noticed a number on the tag...

((Bedtime for Alvie. Good night, everybody! emotion_zzz ))

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

Hexe was having a blast as they play wrestled around at one point she made as if to jump on Deber but instead jumped over him to give way to a game of chase. Happy barking could be heard as she ran about. She didn't even notice her collar was taken by Natalie.

Friendly Explorer

Richard's worried expression-and then weak smile for Hero's benefit might serve to make the poor gal feel even more awkward.

"She is pretty clever." He said gently, aware she felt bad-smiling at her to ease that. "I better start looking now."

And then Richard stepped out to try and find his wayward niece.

(*Pets Hero*)

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Hero shifted uncomfortably at Richard's reaction to her words. Ah, s**t. As he took his leave, the girl gave the man a weak wave. "G-Good luck!" When the man left, Hero groaned and smacked her forehead. "Please be more awkward next time, Jezebel. I'd really appreciated it," she muttered under her breath as she went off into the shop to work, leaving Tsaba to lay beneath a table to snooze.

Deber play bowed as Hexe made to jump at him, helping her jump over him. The white Doberman stumbled over his own feet as he chased the wolf, barking happily as he lopped after her, tongue lolling as usual.

(( Tiny post! ))

Tactical Tipper

Wilton waved goodbye to Natalie as she picked up the dog's collar and left. At least she seemed sane and normal! Wilton hoped Ross was okay, wondering if his absences were due to some crisis or other. He considered any other tasks he would need to attend to. Since Natalie had grabbed the collar, he wouldn't need to contact the husky looking dog's people. Reminded of the wayward canine, he looked up to see her playing with a doberman, a dog he hadn't noticed before. He smiled genuinely, seeing the dogs happy made him feel better as well.

Since we went to the trouble of dragging a case full of equipment here, he decided not to drag it back home. The slight man stood and walked a few paces over to his case, briefly opening it to pull out a paper and pen. He wrote a note explaining that they were his things and then drug the large, wheeled box into the kitchen, where the cauldron was kept. After placing it near the cauldron, trying to find the least obtrusive place, he put the note on top. Hopefully, he could speak with Ross about business soon.

After dealing with his equipment, he glanced around quickly. Well, I think that's all my business for today, can't do much without speaking to Ross, he thought. He had made his way to the exit before he remembered to turn around and give the remaining customers a quick wave goodbye. Wilton then turned and left, awkward attempt at goodbyes over. Good job Wilton, he thought as he walked from the shop, nailed that one. He added another tally to his mental chalkboard of failed social interactions.

((Night y'all))

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
|_| ??? /|_|
|_| ??? /|_|

The air in the middle of the shop rippled and distorted itself before what looked to be a digital light manifested. Slowly, the data stream started to form something. A body. A person. A person with pointy ears. Looked to be an Elf. The figure was male, though in a way plain looking. His eyes started off closed, but once the light vanished and the distortion in the air it opened.

I'm in... a shop? Strange place to start out. He thought. He started clasping his hands. Blinking his eyes and looking around. He shifted in place, doing a sort of 'running in place' motion as he checked out the effects of the parameters he had selected. It seemed he'd need to do more than that if he wanted to figure out the limits.

First thing was first, he would need to check things out. And he meant everything. His limits, the surrounding area, this shop. Which happened to be very curious. Again, he wondered why he was in a shop. Especially one that seemed to be for magic items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff