Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]

Trash Smoker

"He looks like a corpse." Harper said calmly before walking to the bathroom to clean the blood off his face.

"Somethin ain't right with that man." Thorin said from his spot infront of the couch. "Ya thinkin we tell the lad that man be his kin?" Thorin asked Natalie from his seated position. The dwarf stroked his bushy orange beard as his lute rested against his side. Ross.... That was the man Getoth told him to see about becoming a blacksmith here. Perhaps he could get that magical rat to join in as well as have Teague as an apprentice.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

*v* Yumi *v*
*v* The Shapeshifter of One-Thousand Forms *v*

"Silmara!" Yumi exclaimed excitedly, returning the hug. The swiftness in which she returned the action made it seem almost natural. Yumi looked up and saw a woman. It was the woman who had given the cookies. They'd meet before, but that was a while ago. What was her name again? Natalie? It was Natalie right? "But I am Silmara! I'm the youngest of us four." She exclaimed to her in response. While the hug was broken, there was still an arm hanging around the real Silmara.

The arm around the other Silmara was relaxed. It was something she did with her family. So in order to make whatever she was doing work, she had to make it seem like a natural thing to do, which for her wasn't all that hard. There was a happy grin on her face. She wondered what they would be doing next.

Angelic Hunter

Jaden and Lyla ran around with no real plan. They didn't bother to talk to anyone, instead they looked for toys and games. They grabbed various relics and started laughing. They moved objects from their normal places and moved nametags for important antiques. The children were four years of age and knew exactly what they were going.

"Lyla... Jaden! Don't distrupt our shoppers."

His voice grew fatherly as he beamed a smile to the human spy. He looked two the many new faces and realized... He had no idea who she was speaking of.

Tactical Tipper

Wilton heard a woman's voice assure him he wasn't hallucinating, which was quite a relief. He scrutinized the apparent twins, unable to detect a difference between the two. If he wasn't so irritated he might have found their affectionate behavior cute, not that he would admit that to anyone. His eyebrows raised when one of the duplicates claimed they were sisters. " Yes, well... pleased to meet you both,"He stated dryly. Something didn't seem right, he noticed that the helpful woman seemed skeptical but he saw no immediate reason to doubt the claim.

He looked around for the shop owner, lifting an arm and hoping to catch his eye when he heard Natalie mention him. Official business was more important than the riddle of the Silmaras, he thought, moving away from the table and towards the owner. "Ah, yes, hello. I came here seeking employment a few days ago. I left my qualifications with a woman named Iris," he called out. "I would be happy to go over them with you, if you would like," he added. Realizing he had forgotten his name, he introduced himself as Wilton Albrecht.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie smiled. "Pleased to meet ya, Wilton! I'm Natalie," she said. She looked from Silmara One to Silmara Two, back and forth between the two girls. There was waaaay too much mischief in both their eyes for their story to be on the level, but as neither one was trying to kill anyone, Natalie decided to just quietly keep an eye on the situation.

To Thorin, Natalie shook her head, saying, "I don't know what to tell ya one way or the other. Havin' long-lost family is a big deal, and he might want to know. But it's up to Harper if he wants to tell." Natalie knew what it was like to have long-lost family, and she was so happy when she'd found out that Cade and Jed, already dear friends of hers, were her relatives too.

She thought for a moment. "That corpse-lookin' fella...he drive a funny-lookin' car?"

The little ones, Lyla and Jaden, were playing with artifacts, and Natalie was surprised that Ross wasn't having a heart attack as they moved stuff around. Poor, poor Iris. I am so glad she's not here, because I think we'd have to call an ambulance for her! She would FAINT!

"Maybe I should skedaddle for a bit," Natalie offered. "I'm gettin' a little tired, so I might need to go home for the evening."

((I have one more post in me before sleepytime.))

((Edited! ^^))

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

The real Silmara smiled at the double happily. "Here's your singing top back. Did you want your party cannon now or before you go?" She asked handing the double a top. The toy was shiney but there were two holes on it. As the top spins some of the air passes over the holes producing the high pitched sound.

The sound of children also caught Silmara's attention. She brought out two clockwork toys and left them on a table for the children to play with. One was a clockwork bird that hopps around and flapps it's wings when wound up. The other is a drummer that plays it's small drum with soft taps.

Trash Smoker

The man came out of the bathroom all cleaned up. "Let me rephrase that. He now looks like a corpse. He looked like some average douche in a suit before he punched me. I kinda flipped when he leaked the info." Harper informed her. "And she is right Thorin. It is my place to inform the kid not yours. I have amazing hearing so you shouldn't really talk about anything you don't want me to hear."

Thorin was quiet and looked a bit embarrassed before he got to his feet. The dwarf was on a mission now, to get a new life. "Scuse me, Ross!" The dwarf shouted as he jogged as quickly as his short legs let him. "Lad ain't the only one lookin for work. I be lookin to get hired as a blacksmith. Iffin ya need one." The dwarf said when he got in range of Ross.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

*v* Yumi *v*
*v* The Shapeshifter of One-Thousand Forms *v*

"I'll take it now, I'd be disappointed if I forgot it on my way out." Silmara's double said. Yumi showed no expression that she didn't know what the party cannon was. If she did that, it might break the illusion. She accepted the singing top with great joy. She'd wanted to be able to play with this, and now she was getting the chance. Perhaps she'd have to reveal the form she'd met Silmara with and make sure it was okay that she actually keep it.

Yumi peeked over at the small gathering. The guy, she barely heard his name as "Wilton", and then she found out that the other guy was named "Ross" when the dwarf guy walked over and joined. There was a small twinkle forming in her eyes when she looked over. Maybe Silmara was on her line of thought.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Lord Alan Kinoki
After hearing the explanation for the third card, Alan leaned back. This time he seemed calm. Overly calm. But not a forced calm. As if, something he had suddenly realized seemed to click. And maybe it was beginning to make sense. Or maybe it wasn't. Alan's mind was vast, it was deep, it was marvelous. But it was also jumbled, and twisted, and in some cases, corrupt.

After another brief respite where he seemed lost in his own thoughts, he nodded to Isis. "Yes, please. Tell me what you see." The cards were the cards. Anyone could flip a card. Anyone could tell you how a card was supposed to be taken. But everyone, always had a different take when you started adding cards to the table. Each combination of cards had a hundred different explanations if asked from a hundred different people. It simply is the way of it.

Iris nodded. "The High Priestess symbolizes your quest for knowledge and need for internal reflection. The Death Card symbolizes a sudden change in your life. A new chapter is beginning. The Heirophant symbolizes the need to do the right thing and a possibility of receiving or being a teacher or mentor. Does that sound correct so far?"

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie was seething inside, though she was trying not to show it. Drago had a LOT of explaining to do, and Natalie was going to get answers out of that psycho one way or the other.

"I've got a phone call to make, you guys," she said softly. "I'll be back in a bit..."

Still carrying Ross's file with her, she went into the ladies' room and locked herself in a stall before she let a certain sociopathic robo-man have a piece of her mind!

((Sleepytime for Alvie. Good night, everybody! emotion_zzz ))

Tactical Tipper

((Sorry y'all, I gotta go. Just realized how late it is. I can respond to stuff tomorrow if that's kosher, can't think of any reason for Wilton to leave...))

Genius

"Does that sound correct? Well, in order to give an answer I would have to assume that you and I are understanding what it is you say on a level that is similar. Because, let's face facts, in order for this to be correct, it has to be universal. And how can you, in complete accuracy, say that everything we've just had unfold before us is correct in every aspect that exists in the known understanding of what your existence is?" He was not being an a**. But she asked him a question that was so broad it could not be realistically answered in the given lifetime of a mortal. So he had to get her to understand that. Because the first part of expanding one's mind is to expand their understanding of what they understand.

But then again, if one took into account the fact that he was here looking for something, then the obvious understanding of the correctness of the first card was profoundly written in the destined fate laid out before him. So then the second card, unbeknownst to all but himself, would also reflect a general correctness in the sense that he had traveled here, not out of free will but out of a desire to fulfill the gap that was slowly ebbing into his niche and irrevocably forcing him to undergo such a quest to find 'something' to fill that emptiness. Which brings us to the last card. A need to do right and a possible Student/Teacher relationship. Alan was never one for right. But, his sense of honor was second to none. Honor and Right often traveled hand in hand, but not always. In this regard, the card was wrong. Alan was, and always will be, a being of Chaos. It is in the very fabric of his creation. But, in the literal sense, that is simply how he is, not how he can be. The future is never written.

< ( ^_^ ) > ... ( > ^_^ ) > ... ( > ^_^ < ) ... < ( ^_^ < ) ... < ( ^_^ ) >

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Catherine Moore
The Huntress

Appearance: [x]
Clothing: [x]
Weapons: [x][x]

Catherine had found more scrolls and had spent the entire day reading, so engrossed that she was oblivious to everything that hadn't been on the papyrus before her.

She had just finished rolling up the latest scroll she devoured, setting it gently aside. She rubbed her eyes, realizing how tired they were from reading so much. The huntress stood up and blinked, only to see absolute chaos.

There were children screaming about the shop. There were two Silmaras as well. Natalie had dashed off to the ladies' room, and there was a man who had a panicked look on his face approaching an angel, who was shouting at the children. What in the name of Artemis--How did I read through this mess?

Catherine considered leaving when her ice-blue eyes fell on the immortal man Harper. Ah yes, she had wanted to talk with him before. Perhaps now was her time.

The 5'6" woman walked over to the man. Her parka, bow, and gun still rested at the table where she had been reading her scroll, leaving only a simple white tank top tucked into a pair of baggy Army green pants. The tank top left her arms bare, exposing the thick muscles there, carved from many years of rigorous physical activity and special training. If one was looking strictly at her face, they would believe that she was no more than seventeen years old, give or take a year or two.

She approached just as the man seemed to finish his conversation with a gruff-looking dwarf. What good timing. "A great-grandson, huh," she said, a thick Scouse accent coloring her words. "That would put you near a hundred years old, or older."

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
User Image

Silmara smiled. "Let me get it for you then. Now remember to activate the confetti you light the fuse, not pull it." She said as shewent to the red wagon to remove the party cannon. She pushed it over to the double and smiled widely. However her sstomach began to growl. "Alright sister dear, I am going to get some dinner. You can come with me if you like or you can stay here and play. I will be back later." She said with a smile.

Trash Smoker

The man adjusted his tie upon hearing the voice. Calmly he pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it with the lighter he kept. Harper turned to face the woman as he exhaled a cloud of smoke and leaned down. "Stay quiet about my family. And yes older by a couple hundred. Why does it matter to you or do you enjoy spying and injecting yourself into conversations?" Harper asked before taking a drag from the cigarette.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff