Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
(( D8 I hope my/his/our characters aren't problematic. They tend to be... bad at socializing. Both of them. But it's all IC, I swear. ))

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jay raised an eyebrow at the two, the first man seemed to have some kind of problem talking to her, even though she had gotten a smoke, accepting the matches with a nod of gratitude. Lighting the cig and taking a deep drag, the bright orange ember at the end signalling the depth of her inhale, smiling softly as she thought about making the man a coffee, he had been spot on with his observations, so why shouldn't she be hospitable.
The woman never understood how people could be shy or bashful, this was a world where people constantly walked around in more revealing items of clothing than her own night clothes, then again he seemed to be as normal as her...The man on the table how ever had been rather rude, Jay was always such a nice person, never wanting to deliberately injure people, but this was her bar...Well she managed it, and she was not going to let the man get off with just a simple warning.

Hung over and finally enjoying a smoke, Jay would place her coffee down beside the odd looking man, before leaning in to quietly speak directly to him, "Now you listen here kid, I am not trying to steal his attention...I simply asked a favour, now if you would be so kind as to get your ******** behind off my table! I will be more than content to leave you two to what ever it is you were discussing."

Her words were not the threat, it was her voice, husky and dangerous, not to mention the sadistic smile which followed as she finished speaking to him. Turning her attention back to the light haired man she would wink playfully, "I'll be back with a coffee for you, thanks for the smoke." And with that said she wandered off to the bar.

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

►►►IT'S JUST A PHYSIOLOGICAL REACTION
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CALL THIS LOVE? IT'S ONLY CHEMISTRY

And then Kuronue's rudeness progressed to a nearly unfathomable degree. A tight, polite smile attempted to twitch its way across the blond's face, one arm clamping around the darker haired man's shoulders. "Ahahah... thank you, yeah. Heh. Appreciate it." A curt nod was given to the woman as she left for the bar, and he turned on heel to drag the ex-batman to the door, 'click' of the latch sounding as it closed them off from the inside.

Back pressed to the surface and he looked to Kuronue as if the man were mad. Took one last drag from his cigarette and tossed it into the street. "Is it really necessary for you to make such a scene? Why's this s**t such a big deal, huh? So I might've done that back then, so what? You got a problem with it?" A threatening glare shot from behind those lenses. "'Cause if you do just ********' say so. I don't have the time for all this picking apart things, there's more important stuff to deal with. I still have to find a job to support our asses anyhow. We both need to find one. And just because you found one person who was expressly okay with that sort of stuff, it doesn't mean everyone is. Like you said, there was obviously a chick who wasn't. And in case you forgot, we're both human right now, and as for me, I've always been human and I'm always gonna be human, so I don't have the luxury of just being myself or whatever, you got it? It's not like you can just put someone out in the open! Not in a world like this, just waiting with its jaws open for any chance to eat you whole. It's stepping on glass all the time, goddammit."

Ranting. Frustrated and mildly out of breath. Arms crossed over his chest. "Can't you just. Respect my feelings, alright? Because I'm trying to respect yours, and I'm trying to work with this s**t the best way I know how. But you can't expect me to turn my whole life around to accommodate yours. Not anymore than I can expect the same of you."

Foot tapped.

"Anyway. If you've got a lot to say or whatever, then at least wait until tonight when we can talk in private, alright? There's probably a hotel or something around here to crash at. So just. I'll hear you out or whatever but. I mean if it's a lot, then just wait until there's some privacy. I don't like talkin' about that kinda stuff around people. Alright?"

LOCATION: outside MOOD: even more awkward

[[OOC ]]
User Image

Whatever was so odd about young human man sitting on a table Kuronue would never know. Maybe his hair, long and black and drawn up in a high tangled ponytail. Or probably his clothes, a mishmash of hand-stitched remnants of other garments fashioned in the style of a thief of Makai. Whatever the case, the chick would've been more intimidating had she pretended to be nice about her rage. All these overt gnashings of teeth and postures of power had little effect on one used to such displays-- at least until she could back them up.

So he continued to sit there, glowering at her, as she made her retreat. He'd won, obviously. Else he'd have been sprawled on the floor by now.

Then Toda dragged him outside.

And ranted.

"..." He swallowed. Blinked. Swallowed again. Sure was a hell of a lot to get down, damn. Continued to stare, fishmouthing for something to say. Fingers groped the air before being shoved deep into ripped pockets, silenced. Teeth grit and he grunted something under his breath. A spot on the concrete was glared at as echoes bounced off the silence between them.

Shame. Brows knit. Jaw flexed. Blues flicked up to catch the gleam of glasses, hazels hidden somewhere behind. "I don't...have a problem with it. Seems more like I'm the problem, actually. You've got all these rules I don't know until I break one, ********. I-- right." He took a breath. "Later. S'fine. Let's get some coffee or something." He trailed off, glaring at that crack in the concrete again.

It was clear he had more to say. But he didn't. And he hoped that made an impression, for whatever it was worth.

Dangerous Businessman

Shit was sort of dead around the Carnival, and so Bishop would check out Firecat's. Partly because he hadn't yet experienced that one bar and because his comrade ran the joint. Bishop hadn't checked on her since she left the carnival after that fight. The door swung open as he entered the bar. Today he wore a fitted red top with no sleeves and yellow sharks on the side. A pair of baggy yellow short hanging just passed his knees. He still wore his custom steel cleat boots and his hand were freshly wrapped in boxer's tape. A red bandanna that blended with his hair was tied about his forehead, relieving him of impaired vision due to his freshly cut chin length hair.

"Yo!"

H
e called out as he approached and sat immediately at the bar, A Kamel Red idling in his left hand. He looked over the drink library as Jay handled to gents at a table. Surely if they gave her a problem he wouldn't mind smashing chairs on their heads. Then again, he might be willing to voluntarily to that to just about anyone.
Darkest Silver

Nell relaxed and automatically felt calmer when she saw him with a full on smile again, and listen to his theory on whether he was a good guy or a bad guy.. which never really answered her question. But no matter, she repeated the thought of his name, 'Kit, seriously couldn't be too bad even for a demon....' she turned to face him as he sat down, still leaning on the counter. Was she really beginning to trust this man? 'It couldn't be that dangerous...'

Hearing his question, she had to laugh slightly. "Well, according to your theory.. I'll say I'm perfectly good." His smile tempted her, she did want to get to know him more, "But then, we both know that's probably not totally true... " She had started leaning towards him as she caught the sight of his gaze once more.. "what do you think, am I bad, or good?" She bit the corner of her lower lip as a light sigh escaped them.

((I'm getting out of the house, but if I can get some wifi I'll be able to post... ))

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well damn, that was surprising. He expected more fight than that. Couldn't figure out what to do in the face of bad-dog-syndrome, instead standing there complacent and puzzled while adrenaline fizzled out like the cigarette on the street. A moment of quiet passed and he finally gave a slow, albeit perplexed nod. "Yeah, coffee sounds good. Been a while since I've had some nice, fresh coffee."

Hands stuffed themselves in pockets much like the youkai had done (aside from taking a moment to open the door) and he shuffled back in. The human only stopped at the table to right things, push his chair back in and put the ashtray back, then meandered on over to the bar to claim one of the... very flamboyant stools.

Felt kind of awkward sitting at such a decked out place, after all the dismal taverns he'd been through. An elbow rested on the counter, chin propped atop palm. "You think we'll ever get our own place built? On that land, I mean."

LOCATION: bar MOOD: still sorta awkward

[[OOC ]]
User Image

Kuronue followed in silence to prop himself against the bar, elbows hard on the counter while hands dangled over the edge. He shrugged, scanning the room's newcomers. "Dunno. Depends if we can get the cash, I guess." Then a grin threatened, though he pointedly didn't look at Toda. Wouldn't have been able to keep the face straight.

"Though that's not really a problem anymore."

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

Not a problem since when? He distinctly recalled wading in horse-s**t cleaning stables for money, and it wasn't a whole lot of money to begin with.

A suspicious gaze roved his companion, hazels narrowing.

"What are you talking about?"

LOCATION: bar MOOD: suspicious

[[OOC ]]
User Image

"Oh."

A smirk widened as he glanced down at Toda, casual fingers jerking at the edge of that white strip of cloth he liked to wear loose around his hips. Its use, perhaps, became clear when along the outer leg of his pants were revealed small, compact pockets, one of which was stuffed so full of rolls of shiny yellow coins that the gold gleamed out between stitches. The rolls were tightly bound to prevent jingling, which was why he'd been able to conceal them this long.

"Nothin'."

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Jay damn near choked on her coffee as Bishop waltzed on up to the bar, her eyes widening in shock, [******** me.." She would mutter in between short coughs, trying to remove the hot liquid from her wind pipe. It had indeed been a while since she had seen him, wondering if he had forgotten about their deal...then again she had been trying to get back to the carnival, if only to show him the picture of the demon wolves.

Leaning forward on the counter she would smile slyly at the brawler, "Round two eh?" speaking as casually as she could, at least the bar hid her lack of clothing, this was someone who she considered incredibly dangerous. He had beaten her badly that day, even if she had gotten first blood, something she was still proud of regardless.

Pushing her coffee aside the woman would grab a decanter of whiskey, a light golden coloured one, something special indeed. Pouring it into two custom made crystal glasses, half filling them before placing the decanter back down on the bar top. "So what brings you here?" she would question, taking another drag on her cig before letting the smoke slowly pass through her lips in a thick cloud.

Nodding at the man who had re entered the bar, a wink accompanied the nod, quickly turning to retrieve the cup of freshly made coffee (Courtesy of the espresso machine.), placing it before the man in all its steaming glory. Thinking about her earlier deal she would pop the till and pull out a gold note, placing it next to the cup, "Thanks again, and give me a yell if there is anything else you need."

Returning her attention to Bishop she would lift her glass and tilt it in a 'cheers' motion before taking a sip.
"heh heh heh..." a shadow moves through the floor boards assuming the body of a humanoid complex. his glowing yellow eyes peer at all in the bar around him with lengthy hair and pointy ears his body takes form from the twisting shadows around him "ah sweet emotion, the taste i can even savor from here" another deep-throated laugh escapes him his hands seem to be gloved as a trench-like coat flows from his shoulders.

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kuronue began to flash some leg and Toda looked entirely uncomfortable. At least until he spotted why, eyes immediately popping wide. "Wha..." Holy s**t. "But how?" But where? And when? That sneaky little s**t. The blond sat there gaped for a good moment, only brought back to the present when the woman now behind the counter pushed a cup of coffee in his direction. Jaw snapped shut and he looked to the steaming brew, fingers fumbling to draw it a bit closer. Bewildered, still, as she slid a curious golden note to him. "Eh?" Memories of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory flitted across his mind, though briefly. "What's this for?" Hell if he did anything for it. And what was it? Some kind of money?

If this thing gave him access to a giant warehouse of candy he might just s**t himself. For the moment he slowly rose the coffee to his lips, sipping the hot liquid while eyeing the note.

And still trying to get over the whole sudden 'oh my ******** Kuronue's rich' thing.

Too much for a sensible scientist-type of his nature to really process at once, each little bit cycled over the next in a jumble that resulted in: "Uh..?"

LOCATION: bar MOOD: beside himself

[[OOC ]]

Dangerous Businessman

Darkest Silver
"Round two eh?"

"If ya' choose to take on Tzak The Ripper again, you know how to find me."

H
e mused, gladly accepting the glass of whiskey. He enjoyed the VIP treatment he felt he was getting. Regardless of him and Jay's new found friendship, he would still be sure to cover his own charges and/or leave more of a donation than a generous tip. Sipping his whiskey as she did, he set the glass down. Smashing the end of his cig in a nearby ashtray, he went ahead and lit a fresh one. He was in quite the chain smoking mood. That and obviously sober for the moment.

"So wha's new?"
User Image

Kuronue preened. "You know, the usual. Couldn't just leave it lying around, could I?" He shrugged, smile flickering only when the b***h owner gave Toda his coffee and a strange golden note. He didn't expect anything from her in the way of hospitality, but it wasn't normal for owners to start forking out the cash from their registers. His expression mirrored Toda's question; yeah, what's that for?

At least until he noticed the shadowy emotion-eater materialize not far off. A brow arched at the creature's giggling but he tensed all the same; even the most ridiculous of villains had their merits. A certain raven came to mind and he shuddered, blue gaze steady on the monster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff