Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
JAY

Apartment.

Awakening to see the Ninja sitting on the floor in front of her bed, she had to blink twice and rub her eyes thoroughly to make sure it was real and not some alcohol induced hallucination. Taking her closed fists from her eyes, the woman looked again, he was still there, he must of followed her the whole time...In stealth mode of course, but she swore when she passed out she had heard his voice, but blew it off as an imagined thought.
Her loneliness playing mind games with her, subconsciously trying to ease her pain, but no it had happened...He had said the words 'Goodnight Jay.' This made the woman smile warmly, for the first time since she could remember she had not slept alone, even if he looked to be rather uncomfortably sitting on the wooden floor, actually how had she not fallen over him? Shrugging at her own questions she would silently crawl over the bed to where he sat.

But rather than disturb him she simply pulled a couple of pillows over, one to rest her head on and the other to cuddle, curling herself around it she would slowly drift off to sleep, a stupid grin plastered to her face as she did so. But should he have awoken he would hear the whispered words,
"Thank you.."

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

►►►IT'S JUST A PHYSIOLOGICAL REACTION
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CALL THIS LOVE? IT'S ONLY CHEMISTRY

Few places on Gaia can really be considered safe, and those who feel safe in such places can consider themselves quite lucky. Even a place like this, modern and in the midst of Durem, had enough potential threat to make you second-guess if it's worth coming in. If it's worth stepping through the door and facing whatever crowd-- large or small-- surely waiting inside. It's not always about the fear of potential physical harm, either. The human was tall and skinny and as nerdy as they come. He was not drastically handsome, but he was a good looking guy if you could get past the glasses and the suspiciousness in those hazel eyes. If you could get past the plain clothes and the lack of muscle and the simple fact that nothing about him was extraordinary except the fact he wasn't extraordinary. A rare feat on Gaia, one might say.

He had reason to step cautiously. Reason for that hands-in-pockets posture, shoulders drawn inward and body language that of a person who was wary of others.

There weren't very many people present and this might have consoled him, figure relaxing somewhat while the twenty-something blond made his way to the most obscure table to plop his narrow butt down in a stool. Scanned about for 'no smoking' signs before digging a crumpled pack from his shirt pocket, striking a match, and lighting a smoke. A nervous tick showed in the tapping of a fingertip lightly on the polished surface of the table. Eyes scanned right, then left.

Something was on his mind. Had been for a bit now and was still being mulled over; recycled thoughts for the umpteenth time like an answer might suddenly pop up where it hadn't before. Jaw muscle flexed, anxious. Eyes cast a sidelong gaze at the bar. Flashy, fancy, not too fitting for a simple looking man. At least it wasn't one of those old taverns that seemed built from a fairytale stemmed from the 1600's. Modern was good. Maybe.

For him.

Wasn't sure about the other one, and wasn't sure about the way people were here. For now, he'd get a feel. Try and people-watch a little while he sought that ever-evasive conclusion silent behind lips and pacing circles in his mind.

LOCATION: table MOOD: observant

[[OOC ]]
User Image

"Alright, so," Kuronue popped out of nowhere behind the paranoid crackhead human smoking at a table, black hair blown out of his face with a sigh. He leaned on Toda's shoulder and yanked a crumpled scrap of paper from his pocket to dangle before him, scrawled with notes in a script the man couldn't read. "I found one so far. Took me forever to figure him out, let me tell you. The guy kept asking questions when he was supposed to me answering mine." He snorted, shaking his head. Dull blues glanced down to study Toda's face profiled in that haze of smoke, brow arched. Waiting. Listening.

"Point is they do exist. Just need to...you know." He gestured with the paper, nearly igniting the edge on the cigarette. "Find more." Which seemed to be the hard part.

"Anyways. Where've you been?"

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nearly choked on that drag. A cloud of smoke he hadn't the chance to inhale properly spilled past lips thickly, eyes wide and expression startled. A glare shot up at Kuronue, pale brows drawn. "I told you not to sneak up on me like that, you jackass." Attention shifted to the note as he spoke, words dwindling as distraction took hold. The hell was this chicken scratch? But the ex-bat explained enough and he shrugged nonchalantly, sinking back against the chair to take a proper drag of his smoke. "Yeah, you found one. What does that say? Says they're a rare and dying breed. The sort people like to make fun of and kill. You know what they do to folks like that where I come? We've got social movements named after people who've been murdered for their tastes." A slow exhale as he waited for that to leave the impact that he expected. Or have it fly right over Kuronue's head, more likely.

"Here, they just get the s**t kicked out of 'em or turn into women themselves. You can't rely on social justices in a world that can't even comprehend the idea of peace and acceptance."

[[OOC ]]
User Image

Kuronue stared at him through the smoke as he prattled on about social movements from a different dimension. Clearly, this was important stuff. Clearly, he should have been paying closer attention. But something about the play of dim barlight through gray haze on those features was distracting.

Then Toda stopped talking.

Kuronue blinked.

"Well, it's good thing we're not in your world, isn't it?" Logical enough, right? On that note: "Besides, the rest of the room didn't seem to care. All except one chick, but nobody liked her anyways." He plopped his a** on the tabletop to loop an arm around one knee, tired from running around all the time. Stupid human form and it's s**t endurance. "Even if they are rare, I don't think it's because they're being murdered. Or eaten. Or dragged behind carts or whatever it is your people do to them."

The glance was sidelong and smug as he looked down at Toda, grin twitching to life.

"Nobody beat you up for what you did back at Rosewood, did they?"

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

A flat stare fixed on that smug face, scolding through lenses and haze of smoke alike. Carefully scoured the other's blues. He wasn't sure if he could believe any of it, but that hardly mattered given the latest and horribly politically incorrect accusation.

Ashes were tapped into ashtray and he cocked his head to the side, tone monotonously threatening. "What are you talking about, Kuronue?"

[[OOC ]]
User Image

Wince. Oooh. That too-polite tone of threatening monotony. Fragile, like glass ready to shatter and drive its shards into your balls dignity. And every other bit of soft, poorly protected anatomy.

Kuronue crossed his legs with a cough. Hesitated a moment, apparently to choose the next words wisely.

"When you kissed me, you moron. Don't you remember?"

Good job, Kuronue.

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

Commence facepalm and overall reddening of features. It took a moment, silently sitting there as his mind poorly tried to recollect itself in the face of such an accusation. Truth or otherwise. He preferred to convince himself it was otherwise.

A finger jabbed at the ex-bat's chest. Shook in his face. "Now listen here you perverted a*****e, don't go twisting my actions around, and how dare you accuse me of such a thing and in a public place, have you no decency? It's like you completely lack in morals and mannerisms, and I shoulda expected it from your type, you sick b*****d of a rapist!"

A moment of pause passed as he remembered to breathe.

"Just because I do somethin' doesn't mean you can go and decide what it means or how to label it, maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind, or maybe you just aren't in the right frame of mind! Either way it ain't like how you think it is, so buzz off!"

[[OOC ]]
User Image

It was all very confusing.

"What?! Rapist? The ******** you--" Kuronue snatched Toda's collar with a snarl, free hand slapped down on the tabletop between them. The ashtray was knocked to the floor. "You kiss me and now I'm the bad guy? Are you really so incapable of facing your own feelings that you deny your own memories?" He cursed in his native tongue as he shoved him back. If he'd been in his true, youkai form, the force would have been enough to send him sprawling to the floor. He lamented this for one short, glassy-eyed moment, envisioning the fight in his mind.

It wasn't much of one.

"You've got an excuse fer everythin', don't ya. Fine. Tell me how you meant it then, since I've got it so wrong. Go on then, scientist. Why don't you enlighten me."

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
JAY

Apartment ----& Bar

Awakening from her short lapse back into slumber, the young woman rolled over lazily, stretching her harms over her head and arching her back in attempt to realign her spine. Feeling as well as hearing the familiar cracks which informed her that she had done just that, pushing herself up into a sitting position she would yawn whilst looking about the room.
Nothing had changed, why would it? Why did she ever expect it to be different upon regaining consciousness? Shaking her head woefully at her own jumbled thoughts she slid off the bed and made her way down the stairs, trying to stop her head from spinning by rubbing the bridge of her nose with her left fore finger and thumb, but it would not work, it never did. Once again she would be left with a hang over, all because she simply could not help but over indulge when it came of the sweet nectar that was alcohol. It didn't even have to taste good, if it got you drunk...then Jay would drink it.

Stumbling to the kitchen she would flick the jug on and prepare a cup of very strong coffee, not even bothering to change out of the clothes she had slept in. The same white baggy s**t, white underwear and even overly large socks, something she really needed to fix, by doing something as simple as buying clothes that actually fit her. Sighing with delight as the jug finished boiling, making the all too common 'Click.' sound as it did, Jay would pour it into the mug she had chosen, all black aside from the white lettering on the front, 'QUEEN b***h' which stood out like dogs balls.

Holding the handle with practised grace she would make her way out of the apartment, walking down the hallway to the bar...Where it seemed they had quite the odd gathering of customers, a living shadow, a half breed elf, kit, and now a man and something else down at the far end, just out of the woman's sight. Shaking her head at the fact that yet again her bar was filled with non-humans, it was a wonder she didn't have a mental breakdown about it, since even the humans she did come across had some kind of woohoo power.

Groaning a little as her right hand fumbled about in a cupboard beneath the main counter, a look of extreme concentration formed upon her facial features as she continued to search for something....
[********] she would yell out to no one in particular, just venting her frustration at not being able to find her packet of cigarettes. trust this to happen, now what was she supposed to do?
Kicking the door shut, and then skilfully hopping around on her left leg as pain shot through the toes on her right, "SSshhhhiiittt" she would manage to force through gritted teeth, lowering the damaged foot back down and limping out from behind the bar.
While this had all happened, not a single drop was spilt from the coffee mug, this woman was pro, having bravely suffered through numerous hangovers in her short life, and this one would be no different.

Looking around she wondered where the hell she had stashed the smokes, had she been drunk enough to actually forget where they were? Well yes, yes she had been...Otherwise the woman would be relaxing with one right now. But instead she was left wanting...
Suddenly, like a shark smelling blood, the woman would snap her head to the left, those dark brown eyes falling upon the light haired man sitting across the way at one of the seven tables. He was smoking, the sweet chemically enhanced smell of tobacco floated through the air to gently caress her nostrils, luring her over with the promise of a taste.

An odd sight this woman would be, silver streaked black hair tied back into rather uneven pigtails, baggy shirt and underwear...Also the socks, which in fact provided little insulation from the cold concrete floor beneath her. Holding her steaming cup of coffee like it was the last thing she owned, clutching it to her chest with both hands, savouring its warmth, Jay would approach the man without any hesitation. Glancing up at the other male who was there for but a moment, he definitely was not human, which was no surprise to her, but the light haired man wearing glasses she was undecided about, he appeared normal...But what was normal here on Gaia?

Shrugging away the unanswerable questions which seemed to make her head throb that little worse for ever thinking of them, Jay would now be standing at the opposite end of the table, smilign somewhat painfully as she began to speak, "Excuse me...But do you think I could buy a smoke from you? I seemed to have lost mine." Her voice sweet, innocent...Strained. She was being as polite as possible in order to achieve her goal of acquiring a cigarette.
(( Contrary to the picture I'm using, Kuronue is, due to a series of unfortunate events, quite human at the moment. He looks the same, save for the wings and the ears.

Sorry for not making as much clear enough. ^__^ ))

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

How dare that b*****d make such accusations! He'd kick his a** to--

'Excuse me...But do you think I could buy a smoke from you? I seemed to have lost mine.'

Saved by the belle. Head turned and he swiveled a bit, nearly knocking his own chair over in the process, and abruptly stood. While the man was very tall for a human (roughly 6'2) he was far from large in build. The lanky sort more than anything. Skewed glasses were adjusted back into place and he puffed a stray of blond from his face. "Hey, yes, sure. Hello." Exasperated mutterings of injustice slipped under his breath, his own smoke hanging from the corner of his mouth while he dug the pack back out and offered it to her. A book of matches followed and he gave a slight shrug. "I don't do lighters."

Well, interference had come to the rescue. But that interference was dressed in nothing but a t-shirt and undergarment and when this registered he promptly reddened. Directed his gaze to the wall on the opposite end of the room, chin lifted and posture rigid. "I suppose you must live here then? Nice place, real nice. I like the uh. The framework. The design, you know. I mean of the building. Of course, ahah. I see you have coffee? Smells good, what brand? I mean can I get some? Unless you-- Oh, sorry. I should ask someone serving the bar. Ahah. Eh..."

[[OOC ]]
User Image

Disaster averted?

Dammit. Kuronue growled into his fist from his perch atop the table, turning only as much as was necessary to regard the poorly dressed girl with all the enthusiasm of a disgruntled cat. He listened to Toda make a fool of himself blathering on about nothing before clearing his throat.

"You mind?" The drawl was aimed at the girl, brows high. "Last thing I need is some chick popping in to give this guy yet another excuse to ignore me." Arms were folded under a cocked head, posture that of a juvenile delinquent ready to challenge yet another authority figure telling him to get out from under the bleachers.

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
((I will be back soon, sorry about this. ))
Darkest Silver
((I will be back soon, sorry about this. ))

(( Mmkay then. Would you mind if we carried on the scene in the meantime? That way we aren't stuck. Or will you be back soon? ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff