Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

"Yeah, what you said!" Yuni confirmed, remembering Kai mention something of a bubble or intradimensional rifty thingy... The... well, she wouldn't be a teen anymore, despite her still being so short... the kittenteen shifted to sit cross leggedly on the counter, feeling fidgety as usual.

"Runnin' is good though. Lot's o' fun to run~" The question of how long she's been away had her counting on her fingers slowly. "Ah... I guess it'd 'ave been about five, six years? Give or take some months? How long's it been for you?"

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

His past was a very touchy subject and so Douglas remembered to do something nice for Saria whenever the opportunity came after she decided not to tease him with it. "Ah so that explains it." The elf said with a chuckle. Why of course knowing the right people seemed to be the best way to get things in life! From jobs to be ol' houses like the one his new friend had.

"Oh no!" The elf said in mock terror as that turned into laughter as he couldn't keep up the ruse. "How will I ever escape this evil, elf eating library. Oh I know. I'll take it's mistress hostage." He walked up to Saria and looked at his fellow kin. He was only a few inches taller than her so their eyes weren't level when he titled his head ever so slightly down. "Well I know this isn't professional of a kidnapper but I'll take your offer to stick around for this festival." And with that Douglas took the lead and answered the woman's answer as he walked downstairs to the bar. The sound of elvish wine had left him curious.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Saria, too, played with mock horror, playfully getting ready to "defend" herself as Doug came closer for his attempted kidnapping. But she was grinning so much that her eyes squinted and formed the tell-tale smiling wrinkles around the corners of her eyes - all signs of true enjoyment. It had been a long time since Saria had really joked around like this with someone.

He took the lead and Saria followed behind, humming an old elvish tune softly as she did. She paused on the second level though, glancing down to her bedroom.

"Hey, I'm going to change into something a bit more festive. It'll only take a minute! You can either wait for me, or meet me in the bar. Doesn't matter!"

Before Doug could respond, she slipped away down to the large bedroom at the end of the hallway. She pressed her hand against the door for a moment and her eyes flashed green, removing the living foliage barrier that blocked her room from intruders, before opening the door and disappearing inside.

A couple of minutes later she would step out, no longer wearing her green-and-brown ranger outfit and hood, but now donning a much more summer appropriate attire. It was a classic Elvish summer dress, brown in color with turquoise lace accents and the typical Elvish stitching. Her blue hair was mostly down, half up in a intricate three-layer braid, while the rest curled down around her shoulders. She basically looked like a hippie or gypsy, but that was what Elves were anyway.

If Doug had waited for her, she would smirk again before following him down into the bar. If he hadn't waited, she would simply hurry her way into the bar to see the excitement the festival had brought in so far.

Annndd it would look like no excitement, really. Mohan and Yuni were talking behind the counter, and it would seem that Mohan had already opened one of the wine bottles. Well, at least they had plenty to go around.

"What kind of wine do you like? The specials we have are mostly fruity wines, so if you're not a fruity kind of drinker then you might not enjoy them." She asked Doug.

Appearance: Long blue hair (styled in a half-up three-layer braid), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Clothes: Elvish leather-brown casual dress with turquoise blue accents
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

User Image
"Five or six years?!" Mohan exclaimed, eyebrows arching in a surprise. "Well, now I feel kind of bad that this reunion wasn't a bit more emotional." He said with a laugh. "It's only been a few months on my end. After I knew Kira was going to be okay, and.. what was his name, Thanatos? He was around, and Kai was regaining her strength, I had to go... er, take care of some business. When I came back, the place was kind of abandoned." He shrugged.

"I figured you guys had taken off, and Saria usually ends up finding her way back here--" And right then was when Saria made her way back into the bar. He looked up, noticing the outfit change, and how she looked... well, not like a hunter. She was acting different. He quirked a brow at her and Doug before he heard her mention wine, so he pulled out the bottle he had just opened in preparation to fill an order.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

Now he wasn't stupid to ignore her first option. But it did remind him that he seemed dressed rather casually. His plain white t-shirt didn't even have a logo to show whether or not it was expensive or not. "Okay." Douglas simply said as he saw the blue haired woman scamper off to her room. Her neat trick with the living wall of greenery made him wonder how much water it needed and if burning it would work better than ramming through it. Yeah, this elf had an interesting way of looking at things.

Still Doug knew well enough to keep in place and was to be found staring at the screen of his smartphone when he looked up and saw Saria in a dress and complex braid. "Turquoise." Was his only comment before he smiled. "You look nice." The elf then added innocently. But once she took her turn leading them to the bar Douglas was quick to say something else. "I didn't even know you were having a festival. You're not going to overprice the booze are you? Because I can go get drunk somewhere else!" He threatened with a laugh.

"I'm not much of a wine drinker but something sweet that hides the alcohol is good." The elf's blue eyes looked at the two other people and he made an internal note to remind himself not to say anything about attendance figures to Saria.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

"I told you we were having a summer solstice festival back at the Alibi." Saria countered as she walked up to the bar, slipping behind it next to Mohan and Yuni. She nodded at the two, dismissing Mohan from manning the bar since she knew he really didn't like doing it. She rummaged around for a few minutes before pulling out a bottle of blueberry rum.

"Do you like blueberry?" Saria asked. "I got a mixer that hides the alcohol dangerously well. First drink's on me - since you covered my food earlier."

Appearance: Long blue hair (styled in a half-up three-layer braid), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back
String x Theory

VEEB0MB3R

User Image
Freedom! At the nod-of-dismissal, Mohan excused himself from behind the counter, instead pulling around and sitting on one of the barstools. He grabbed another cracker-and-cheese combo, popping it into his mouth.

"Hey, I'm Mohan." He introduced to this Doug fella that Saria had been showing around the place. Now that Mohan had more than 20 seconds to look at the guy, he realized he was another elf like Saria. That would explain why she seemed so excited to hang out with him. She always got really attached to her kin.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

"Well yeah but I like thought you were still in the planning stages." A weak excuse still. Douglas found himself a bar stool and sat down nodding in agreement with Saria's choice. "Fire away then. I'll just get drunk on the first drink then." Now he wasn't really going to explain her freebie by chugging down a Long Island Cocktail but the banter between them was just kept going. When the man who had been manning the bar spoke Douglas was quick to give a friendly smile(yes there was a subtle difference for the elf who seemed to always wear a smile) and answered with. "Douglas F. Grumman." A strong handshake was given if the man took the wood elf's hand.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Mohan Yorke_x

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

With a nod, Saria moved to mix a stronger-than-usual blueberry rum cocktail with coconut water, lemon lime soda, muddied fresh blueberries, a slice of lemon, and a couple sprigs of mint leaves. Poured over ice and sliding the glass across the counter so it landed at Doug's seat. "Tell me what ya think." She said with a smirk, placing a hand on her hip again. She was clearly confident in her bar tending, also her ridiculously fresh ingredients since she could literally grow everything from the palm of her hand.

As Mohan struck up his conversation, Saria took his empty mug of coffee from him.
"Another coffee, Mohan?" She asked.

Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back
VEEB0MB3R

User Image
Mohan shook Doug's hand. For a fellow elf, he didn't really look the part. White t-shirt and jeans. And his name wasn't particularly Elvish, but Mohan wasn't one to pry.

"Nice to meet you, Doug." He said politely. "So where did you two meet?" He asked both Doug and Saria at the same time. Saria had gone missing for a few months and then comes back with another elf, so that was kind of surprising. He nodded at Saria's offer for another coffee. "Can you spike it too? A little rum chata would be great."

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

Douglas caught the drink and immediately raised it towards his lips. The cocktail wasn't bad, with nothing being overpowering the other tastes in the drink. Still all the ingredients combined hid the bitter taste of alcohol until the end. "It's good. Really good Saria." Know he wasn't just being nice since he only gave praise when it was deserved. Taking another sip he listened to Mohan asked where the two elves met. Well he would defer the answer to Saria since Douglas didn't really want to talk about the circumstances.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Mohan Yorke_x

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

"I had wandered into this beautiful greenhouse." Saria explained when she caught that Doug was deferring the question. She pulled out a bottle of Rum Chata, pouring a shot into a freshly brewed coffee for Mohan and sliding the mug to him as well. "Was drawn there because of the flora, obviously. It was a little restaurant like place. He walked in shortly after me and I noticed his ears, so I had to strike up a conversation."

And then Saria would grab the fruity wine that Mohan had opened earlier, pouring a glass for herself and taking a sip.
"Doug here needs some lessons on how to be an elf again. I thought it was cute, decided to bring him home."

She grinned, still teasing him. It was like Doug and Saria couldn't converse without it being a game, which was fun.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Yuni couldn't help but burst into laughter at Mohan's reaction, thoroughly amused now. She sobered quickly, scratching at the back of her messy slate haired head. Her hair, actually, looked like it had been roughly cut with a blade. Uneven and choppy. It was a mess, really...

"Yeah... Once Kai got back, she took Kira 'nd me 'way. Said we were gettin' too much... attention." Yuni said before Saria and her man-friend entered the bar. She blinked owlishly, taking in the manor owner's appearance. "Damn, Saria. Lookin' good."

Yuni was thinking Saria dressed up expecting Ralic, though she wasn't sure how things were. So, she slipped off the counter in favor of a barstool, spinning in the seat. "Oooooo~ Is the pool open for lots o' fun~? I can get glowsticks...."
User Image
Mohan caught the spiked coffee, taking a sip. The cream liquor added a sweetness to the coffee, and the alcohol calmed him a bit. He nodded as Saria told her story, listening to the way she told it. She was definitely acting differently, and Mohan assumed that her memory probably wasn't back to 100%. He wondered what she could remember...

He looked to Yuni as she asked about the pool. "Did you learn to swim during those 5 years or so you were gone?" Mohan asked. He wasn't here when Yuni first... fell.. into the Heartless, but he had heard the story several times now. "Think Kai and Kira will come back for the festival? Has it also been five years for them?? Wait, do they even age?" Mohan still had a host of questions about those two.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

"I'm uh good at assimilating is all." The elf countered before raising a brow at the nekojin who had commented on Saria. Now the elf just assumed she was wearing a dress because that's what she wore when she wasn't looking like a stereotypical ranger. In fact Douglas wondered if she had some knives on her just in case. The male elf himself was carrying a multitool just because. "So. Y'all live here?"

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Mohan Yorke_x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out