Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
The mute man simply twitched an eyebrow at the sounds he heard, he was not very fond of them, but when he saw the elf reaching slowly for her daggers he simply scooted out the way. grabbing the bread and water he opened the loaf and pulled out a piece of bread taking a bite of it and a sip of water. He was curious to see how this would turn out, yet instead he kept his eyes on the food in front of him.
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Holy tension. It felt like everything in the bar area had froze the moment Thanatos entered in. The man's - deity's? - eyes bore into Mohan, causing him to feel a sense of dread, like he was staring death in the face. But he noted that Thanatos seemed agitated, much like how Kai was when she was trying to restrict herself from devouring this world.

You, shapeshifter... A word?

Mohan looked to Saria, catching her wary glance, and then moved his eyes back to Thanatos. He slowly stood up, keeping his hands visible as if someone had a gun on him, even though that wasn't the case.

"Yeah, h-hi." He stammered awkwardly. "Name's Mohan. I-I'm guessing Kai sent you...?"

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Thanatos's eyes darted to the elf, watching like a hawk on a twitching rodent down below. Predator on prey, but without the ravenous hunger. His hands were visible and unarmed, though he had forgotten to manifest protective covering on them. He knew he wasn't the friendliest looking patron to pass through this place, but he didn't have the luxury to be. At least not this time. His eyes returned to the doctor as he stood, and a little bit of the tension in the pale man's shoulders alleviated. If they knew Kai, then they were at least allies. This wasn't the hostile-like situation he was imagining and getting worked up over.

"Thanatos." Thanatos's Greek accent rolled with tangible relief as he introduced himself, the jade of his eyes darkening to a minty green hue. "I received Kai-Lynn's distress signal, though the only thing she sent me were images of this manor, and your face. Forgive my... tension. Not often is my little sister in distress."

Thieving Rogue

Sister? Saria watched the interaction between the fumbling doctor and Thanatos. She saw the man relax, and she, in turn, relaxed a bit as well. She did not grab hold of her dagger, but still kept her hand conveniently close to her waist. She turned her focus back to the mute man, although her attention still remained divided to hear out the conversation between Thanatos and Mohan. So Thanatos was related to Kai. Good, that meant they were definitely allies. But Thanatos still had that rigid feeling to him and the elf remained on alert.

"Sorry for the interruption, Sir." Saria said to the mute man. "My name is Saria. That's a nifty trick you've got going for you. Are you manipulating sound waves?"
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Mohan nodded as Thanatos spoke. He rolled his shoulders back, forcing himself to calm down a bit. Obviously Thanatos was feeling as awkward as the rest of them. He cleared his throat before responding.

"Yeah, um, we've had an issue with Nytmaer." Mohan explained. "He sort of, got out, I guess. I'm not very familiar with how Nytmaer interacts with Yuni. But he got out and made a hell of a scene. Took down nearly all of us. Kira was injured very badly, and now she has some sort of infection that we believe is from Nytmaer. It's not allowing her to heal properly. So because she can't heal, Kai is in this constant state of hunger. She's currently wiping out life on other planets, trying to stay away from Earth."

He paused, allowing Thanatos to take in what he said.

"Kai told me to tweak Yuni's medicine, focusing on purifying agents like iron and silver. And Kai's frost seemed to have an effect from what I saw. Kira is upstairs in the lab sleeping if you'd like to take a look yourself."

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
The man looked up at Saria and nodded before lifting his head further to expose the extremely long scar across his throat. He never really showed anyone his scars unless he could trust they would keep it to themselves. It appeared so with the bartender, placing both hands on the counter top his fingers flowed like water as if stroking keys of a piano, with each stroke of the finger musical notes played to form words in the mind. "It is the only way I have to speak, as you have just seen." He normally kept quiet, but it would seem that it wasn't an option anymore. He switched places on the counter and began to play a melody he had running in his head, it was Beethoven's fourth symphony in E-major, a piece he found to be quite relaxing. The sound waves would travel through the air touching the minds of anyone near him.

Thieving Rogue

lizardman ((mummyman3))

A blue brow quirked as the man showed off the scar across his neck. So he somehow lost his ability to speak and then harnessed the ability to manipulate sound waves? Interesting. That suggested that such a skill was teachable, perhaps not an ability within himself but the use of magic or spells.

"That's a hell of a scar." she responded. "So how'd ya learn to manipulate sound waves? I met a girl who was able to do that once, but she was born mute and with the ability." She poured herself a mug of coffee casually, still keeping her attention on Mohan and Thanatos, listening to their conversation.

"I'm sorry, sir, I seem to have missed your name." She said to the mute man apologetically before taking a swig of her coffee.

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict seemed to be passed out where he was on the couch. It was nothing after all.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Thanatos's black eyebrows knitted together as he listened to Mohan explain the situation. In truth, Kai's brother had little experience handling her 'issues' like Yuni and Nytmaer. Sure, he knew of faerie magic and curses and how to handle them just as well as her. But that didn't mean he could do anything. However, with Kira being the one infected, he and his own counterpart might be the only ones that could have helped...

"Iron, silver, and frost?" The man noted aloud, a hand rising to rub at his chin thoughtfully. He seemed to express emotion a lot more openly than Kai, appearing troubled in thought. "From a Faerie god, I would assume this to be some magical ailment. I am not familiar with the god itself and its child-host, but I am familiar with the faerie type. Their kind and magic are old, very old in many realms."

Said child-host gave a suddenly obnoxious snore in her sleep, curled up in an awkward position under a table that would only be comfortable with that much flexibility...

Ideas were beginning to form in those green eyes, and Thanatos straightened up some. "I will have a look. Upstairs, you said?"

In a show of social awkwardness and rusty etiquette, Thanatos was already heading up the stairs in his silent-creakiness. The Manor didn't seem to age so much now that he wasn't as tense, just minor little creaks in the wood now.
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Mohan nodded as Thanatos spoke. He was growing more comfortable around him now that he was showing a bit more emotion. He wondered which was the eldest sibling; Kai or Thanatos?

"Yes, that's right." He responded as Thanatos already began making his way up the stairs. He followed behind quickly, allowing Thanatos to lead up the creaking steps. "To your left, last room on the left."

As Thanatos lead and Mohan followed quietly behind, they would enter into the lab and the doctor would make his way to his desk where he still had the petri dish with the frozen infection inside.

"This sample appears to be quite dead now." He explained. "I tried using Yuni's medicine on it and it reacted violently, like it was trying to reach out and take hold of us. That's when Kai froze it, and then she had to leave. It's been quite dead since."

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
The man thought for a moment wondering if he should even give his name, he never bothered to stay long but now this place has his interest. The sheer fact that someone is related to Death himself made him a little suspicious to the interactions between individuals. He cocked his head to the side with a deep thoughtful derpish look, before taping the table top to give his story, and it was interesting. "My family was born with magic on my mother's side my father's side of the family was not. I learned over the course of a year how to do it from my mother, it was after my little incident involving a blade and total isolation." He stopped tapping and turned to look at the counter, his hands up to his chin. He has not called his mother in almost three years, that made him worry. His mother had quirks of her own, like not going out at night when she wants to go get something from the store. He never knew why she didn't just go and why always sent him, considering magic is in the family. He was wandering into deep thought as made weird faces and bit down on his lip, now those were things he had to clear from his head. reaching over he grabbed another slice of bread and began chomping down on it. He then tapped again at the wooden surface, "My name is David." He said as he went back to eating.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Following the directions of the doctor, Thanatos made his way to the lab and silently entered it. The amount of technology was overwhelming. He never understood why Kai always engrossed herself in the mortal advancements, why she collects their currencies for various services. But his exposure at her labs gave him a basic understanding of the medical machines and what they could be used for.

The faint vibrations of life energy coming from the bed Kira rested in made Thanatos tense up some. She wasn't his counterpart. He would have to be careful when interacting with her.

"So it has resistance to the child-host's medication?" Thanatos wondered aloud, moving over to the angel's bed and peeking around the curtain. "Kai-Lynn's frost is made to steal the life out of what it touches. She leaches the inorganic energy out of things when around the living, such as kinetic energy that brings warmth."

Pushing back the curtain, Thanatos sees Kira with her dark eyes looking weakly at him. A tiny smile graced her lips, which seemed to tense the man more.

"Thanatos... How good it is to see you..."

The genuine tone she had made Thanatos chuckle hesitantly, reaching up to rub the back of his neck. "If only on better terms, hm? I am told you have a nasty infection?"

Kira sighed some, trying not to rub at the spot on her chest. "Mm... it feels like claws raking through my very veins, and hands squeezing my hearts..."

"Doctor Mohan and I will fix this. Fret not, Dove."

Tricky Noob

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
It was a cute little manor, clad in white and full of charm. It looked old, Victorian Era, yet it felt so inviting. Nzy had passed the building in Barton Town many times over, always debating weather to throw herself inside or not. She felt that maybe she would be out of place in such a charming little home. Dressed in simple thrift store finds, she wore leggings under a pair of worn in dark shorts and a pale purple t-shirt that had a cupcake on it. Nzy felt normal enough, maybe her rabbit ears and tail would throw off some of the people-- maybe it wouldn't... it was a strange world these days.

Taking in a deep breath, Nzy willed herself to give the place a try. "Don't be a chicken," she muttered to herself. She gently bounced on her heels, attempting to give herself combat boots a jump start. "Go, go, go!" she gasped to herself and practically ran through the door, her hands held up in front of her as if to ward off a monster that would attack her for even entering. Her eyes remained shut as she shook nervously in her new atmosphere.

Omnipresent Poster

KlumzyBunny
It was a cute little manor, clad in white and full of charm. It looked old, Victorian Era, yet it felt so inviting. Nzy had passed the building in Barton Town many times over, always debating weather to throw herself inside or not. She felt that maybe she would be out of place in such a charming little home. Dressed in simple thrift store finds, she wore leggings under a pair of worn in dark shorts and a pale purple t-shirt that had a cupcake on it. Nzy felt normal enough, maybe her rabbit ears and tail would throw off some of the people-- maybe it wouldn't... it was a strange world these days.

Taking in a deep breath, Nzy willed herself to give the place a try. "Don't be a chicken," she muttered to herself. She gently bounced on her heels, attempting to give herself combat boots a jump start. "Go, go, go!" she gasped to herself and practically ran through the door, her hands held up in front of her as if to ward off a monster that would attack her for even entering. Her eyes remained shut as she shook nervously in her new atmosphere.

Vintrict had decided to get up from his perch on the couch. He was walking off to another part of the building, hands in the pockets of his dress pants. The sharply dressed man walked idly until the door to his left burst open. His blue eyes widened as a woman came flying through. She was standing there, eyes closed off as if she was blinded by something. A silence followed as he didn't know how to react to it. His white hair, which swayed a little, settled back down against his upper back. He took notice of the features of her that stood out, rabbit-like features that certainly was different from what he normally saw. The six foot one gentleman eventually opened his mouth, one of his eyebrows raising .

"Can I help you?"

Tricky Noob

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Vintrict

When nothing happened, the girl slowly dropped her hands and stood a little straighter, her hazel brown eyes bouncing around the room anxiously. She took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself but almost instantly a man's voice made her jump. A sharp gasp escaped her lips and she held herself, looking over to the source of the noise. There, just to her other side, stood a tall man with white hair. He was a giant, quite a few heads taller than her. He asked if she could use any help and she relaxed, nervously pulling at one of her ears.

"S--sorry," she stammered, biting her lip now and looking away from the man. His presence was rather intimidating. He looked like a business man, or someone of importance. Nzy wanted to give him a pair of sunglasses and tell him the President was looking for a new body guard. She was sure he would do the job fabulously, "I've seen this place a few times and I was a little scared to---" she paused, not wanting to admit that she was actually afraid to enter the building, "To uh, you know just come in and... you know what? It doesn't matter." Nzy flashed a nervous smile and began rocking back and forth on her toes. The girl clearly had too many nervous habits. "Do you guys have um... Coffee? and um... books...? I'm better with a book in my hands. I swear."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff