Feral Mage

9,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Envy's gender is palm tree. ninja

Now that is funny rofl

Originally I thought Envy was a girl due to the palm tree-ish hair, he has a boy's body and voice, and when he is disguised as a more normal looking human its usually the form of a guy. I'd say Envy is male but leans towards androgynous.

Space Warrior

13,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
It pretty much depends on what you're watching.

If you're watching the first anime version of FMA, envy's true form is that:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He's obviously a male (that likes to crossdress occasionally) cat_rofl

On the other hand, if you stick with the manga and the Brotherhood anime (which I prefer since it's the original), Envy's true form is that wormlike chameleon thingy:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I cannot see any gender, can you? cat_sweatdrop So, yeah, I guess it's genderless. I don't remember any mention in the manga about Envy having a certain gender, either. It's just a creature that took any form it liked.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Michuo
None of the homunculus have genders, they are just the seven deadly sins that Father discarded, so that he could become "a perfect being".

Quoted for truth. They're all genderless, therefore Envy is genderless. Some of them just happened to take on temporary forms of others who had genders.

Shoujo Krampus

38,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Hiya everybody.

1,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
since envy is a homunculus n it says on fma wki page that envy is a boy im gonna say he possibli a boy but hei u never no maybe envy is a girl that's jux my guest n opinion let me no if im wrng plz sweatdrop biggrin

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
As a shape-shifter, it's whatever gender it wants to be. He was confirmed male in the original anime for sure, but his origins are totally different in the manga and Brotherhood. Out of respect for anyone who's not finished it, I've hidden this. Highlight for minor spoilers:
The human form we're most used to is probably a male, but the true form seems to be totally genderless.

Apocalyptic Visionary

XxTheRedeemedxX
Everyone beat me to it... sad

But yea, in the original FMA, he's a male because he was Ed's and Al's brother, as said by Hohenheim. (Because the homunculi were the failed attempts to bring back a person, and... Yeah.)

In the manga and in Brotherhood though, he's gender-less, said by Roy, Father and Ed at a few points in the series, if I remember correctly.

But for all intents and purposes, I just say "he" because its easier and he looks more male. razz

^This smile

2,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I think that Envy is genderless because they only ever refer to him as being a male (voiced by a woman in the English dub) in anime because he is shown to be son Hohenheim had with Dante while in the manga they only ever refer to Envy as 'it'
Technically, he IS a man-- but he spends so much time being a woman (especially his wardrobe choices)... I think he's a transvestite-- but since it's Envy we're talking with here, I will dub him EXECUTIVE Transvestite. Because he's just that classy
Michuo
None of the homunculus have genders, they are just the seven deadly sins that Father discarded, so that he could become "a perfect being".

This.

Envy is an Envy, or perhaps a palm tree.
Either way, Envy is genderless.

So yeah, now everyone can fap I guess. rofl

Edit: Also, keep in mind that just because dubs/manga scans/translations say "he" or "him. Keep mind there is no genderless pronoun in the english language, so they have to settle with something.

Same case for Chrona, from Soul Eater.

Original Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
I think Envy is both simply because he can transform into both xD IDK

Anxious Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Hermonprodite? redface

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
This is funny, cause me and my sister always said "oh no, edward is fighting the guy-girl!!!" i was never sure what to make of Envy, since he-she had the body of a girl but the voice of a guy..we assumed Envy was male, so we just called Envy an "It"

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
Male was his original (human) body... but in the Brotherhood/Manga there never really is a gender for any of the sins. So closest to male. smile

Robotic Exhibitionist

Genderless. I think everyone is forgetting that Envy is a little green shrimp.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff