other (please explain) 0.065857885615251 6.6% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 577 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16 >

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Maybe Envy's meant to have an ambiguous gender for the remainder of the Anime? Like Crona from Soul Eater...

IT ADDS TO THE FUN. emotion_awesome

Enduring Explorer

26,525 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
I think envy is a boy. Lust does make a comment on his outfit in one of the two versions (can't remember which) I don't see breasts, the voice and the "envy" over Hohenheim and Ed in the 1st series "'cause he felt he was the 1st son and should get all Hohenheims affection!
An Invisible Shapeshifter
Now that there actually is a FMA subforum, I can repost my thread in the anime forum here.

THE AGES OLD DEBATE:

What is Envy's gender?

I believe that from the previous thread, a bunch of people thought Envy was genderless cause Envy was a homunculus.....

But each of the homunculi took on some form of gender....

And I still can't tell. Does Envy have breasts or not?

(By gender I mean biological sex. But feel free to discuss whatever Envy's gender is as well

Envy being a homunculi, - affects both genders equally. Are the genders of the homunculi whatever gender is more "affected" or probably just what the artist portrayed them as, or going by mythology?)

By mythology, what is Envy usually?

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Envy is either male or genderless. He can take whatever appearance he chooses. He just chooses that one because his "real" appearance (the giant globby dog thing) is ******** ugly.

Rainbow Scarface

8,200 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Envy is male. However, in the anime, he's voice acted by a female.

Lonely Explorer

homunculus are mocks of humans in every way, they definitely aren't genderless.

I would say envy is male, just because he's a freaky green shrimp deep down doesn't change what he is on the outside, a guy with serious identity issues. Envy was always my favorite homunculus because of the way he personifies envy, the way every man envies every women even if he doesn't admit it, they can express themselves much more freely and they can create human life.. men, and homunculus can't. Homunculus means 'little man" If you didn't know. It makes sense the two would be mixed in one.

I cried when envy died. emo an anime never made me cry before that and hasn't made me cry sense. It was fitting though, as much as I love envy he was a twisted evil ********. heart

Familiar Player

hes just a girl, and a scary girl at that. emotion_donotwant

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
kewltashigirl
Envy is male. However, in the anime, he's voice acted by a female.

Edward and Alphonse also have female voice actresses (Paku Romi and Rie Kugimiya).

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
An Invisible Shapeshifter
Now that there actually is a FMA subforum, I can repost my thread in the anime forum here.

THE AGES OLD DEBATE:

What is Envy's gender?

I believe that from the previous thread, a bunch of people thought Envy was genderless cause Envy was a homunculus.....

But each of the homunculi took on some form of gender....

And I still can't tell. Does Envy have breasts or not?

(By gender I mean biological sex. But feel free to discuss whatever Envy's gender is as well

Envy being a homunculi, - affects both genders equally. Are the genders of the homunculi whatever gender is more "affected" or probably just what the artist portrayed them as, or going by mythology?)

By mythology, what is Envy usually?

Envy is a dude.

Eloquent Humorist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
He's a male.

Melodious Exhibitionist

16,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm pretty sure Envy's a guy....

Dapper Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
i had to send a text to captain kyukyu to confirm his gender
ENVY IS A CROSSDRESSING PALMTREE XD

Hilarious Friend

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Flatterer 200
the homocluous has changed so many times he really has no problem being a guy but looking like a chick. i know i wouldnt in his shoes (even tho he dont wear shoes)
It's a guy, but I have a hard time not doubting that...

Shy Regular

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
In the old original anime, Envy was revealed to be a male at the end when his true form was shown.

In Brotherhood and the manga, Envy is genderless, even being called an "it" by others around it.

There are characters that differ from eachother in the other anime, so people need to specify which show they are talking about when they speak of a character. Some are pretty much the same though, such as Roy and Riza.

I really don't know why SOO many people are confused by this when all they have to do is pay some attention when watching.
envy is soo male in both fma n brotherhood van calls him son

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces