...retro gaming! 0.067615658362989 6.8% [ 19 ]
...button mashing! 0.067615658362989 6.8% [ 19 ]
...procrast- [be back in 5] 0.16014234875445 16.0% [ 45 ]
...uh. This... thing right here. 0.27758007117438 27.8% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 281 ]

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

sir_Clip

I respond to this? I thought I did. This is what I don’t understand about history they say now we are more accepting as such which in my opinion there was more accepting back when it wasn’t just paraded everywhere… well except Rome but people didn’t talk about it back then… like I think it’s gross how accepting it was to have not concubines and it was popular to have so and most of the time those boys were mistreated

The level of acceptance really depends on a lot of things really.  In ways, we are less accepting depending on the civilization we're talking about.  A lot of native people had more than 2 genders before colonization happened.  I know of at least one same-sex couple that didn't just exist in Ancient Egypt, but they had a burial celebrating their love for each other.  However, in Ancient Rome same-sex attraction was somewhat common, but it was still not allowed on the level it is now.  There were so many rules about what was proper and improper.  I am reading a lot about queer history lately and it's all really fascinating.  Before WWII Germany was a very welcoming place for queer and trans people.  Then Nazis took power and the first thing they did was burn all the books related to queer studies.  It was a huge setback.

To a degree we've moved past that and people are coming out sooner than they would have when I was growing up.  So, things are better to a degree?  I do know that poverty and homelessness disproportionately affect people of the LGBTQ+ community.  It's a really complicated topic.

drixels's Senpai

Dapper Prophet

Designated Panda
sir_Clip

I respond to this? I thought I did. This is what I don’t understand about history they say now we are more accepting as such which in my opinion there was more accepting back when it wasn’t just paraded everywhere… well except Rome but people didn’t talk about it back then… like I think it’s gross how accepting it was to have not concubines and it was popular to have so and most of the time those boys were mistreated

The level of acceptance really depends on a lot of things really.  In ways, we are less accepting depending on the civilization we're talking about.  A lot of native people had more than 2 genders before colonization happened.  I know of at least one same-sex couple that didn't just exist in Ancient Egypt, but they had a burial celebrating their love for each other.  However, in Ancient Rome same-sex attraction was somewhat common, but it was still not allowed on the level it is now.  There were so many rules about what was proper and improper.  I am reading a lot about queer history lately and it's all really fascinating.  Before WWII Germany was a very welcoming place for queer and trans people.  Then Nazis took power and the first thing they did was burn all the books related to queer studies.  It was a huge setback.

To a degree we've moved past that and people are coming out sooner than they would have when I was growing up.  So, things are better to a degree?  I do know that poverty and homelessness disproportionately affect people of the LGBTQ+ community.  It's a really complicated topic.
oh wow see I learned a little somthing

outlaw trinidy's Husband

Punctual Protagonist

sir_Clip

oh wow see I learned a little somthing

Yeah, I spend a lot of time learning about queer history.  You know considering I myself am queer.  I feel it's important to know our history.

Snuggly Bibliophile

27,200 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Dapper Dabbler

Zanaphine
:peeks:

:pokes:

Voidling Shapeshifter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...Holy cheese crackers,..
I didn't post through all of February.
...Did I even log in in February?

WHAT YEAR IS IT???
Eh, nvm. I got a calendar.
Still.
Weird.

*shuffles into the kitchen to restock the fridge*

Dapper Dabbler

Lost Melfanian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...Holy cheese crackers,..
I didn't post through all of February.
...Did I even log in in February?

WHAT YEAR IS IT???
Eh, nvm. I got a calendar.
Still.
Weird.

*shuffles into the kitchen to restock the fridge*

We were down to a few slices of cheese.

Voidling Shapeshifter

Deacon Moore

Yeah~ And ye probably didn't want those anyway.
*tosses the slices in a hole in the air, sets down a bag and starts putting cans on a shelf*
Got some drinks in there, if ye feel like rummaging.

Ferocious Doll

"Good evening..." She trailed off having not been here in quite a long time.

Voidling Shapeshifter

_Gotherine_The_ Foxx_

*mutters with herself about where to stack the ravioli*

Welcome in~ 'Fraid ye caught me a mite distracted, but please make yourself at home.

Voidling Shapeshifter

*stashes salty snacks in a cupboard*

Ferocious Doll

Lost Melfanian
_Gotherine_The_ Foxx_

*mutters with herself about where to stack the ravioli*

Welcome in~ 'Fraid ye caught me a mite distracted, but please make yourself at home.
She walked in taking off her massive over coat tucking her classes into the pocket and taking her hair down.

"Don't mind me to much I just need a little time to unwind." She said pinching her brow unfurling her wings with a snap crackle and a pop. "Oh that's just so much better."

Voidling Shapeshifter

_Gotherine_The_ Foxx_

*glances toward the newcomer with a smirk as she puts away cans of mixed veggies*
Oh, of course. S'what the Void tries to be good for: releasing tension. Whether via
relaxation, contemplation, or screaming out into it. Heh.
Had a long day?

Voidling Shapeshifter

*stashes away sweet treats while nibbling on a cinnamon roll*

Ferocious Doll

Lost Melfanian
_Gotherine_The_ Foxx_

*glances toward the newcomer with a smirk as she puts away cans of mixed veggies*
Oh, of course. S'what the Void tries to be good for: releasing tension. Whether via
relaxation, contemplation, or screaming out into it. Heh.
Had a long day?

"Oh well you know how things go. Out of the fire into Dante's Inferno" She said settling her self down flexing her wings over the back of the chair. "I think the screaming into the void option works best for me I'm in a bit of a cross roads that has been laid out for me and I know my fear of success can be crippling for me. Not because I cant do it it's one of these I don't deserve it. I think there's something beaten into the generation of have nots." She said tilting her head to her behind the counter stowing away canned goods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff