...uh. This... thing right here. 0.27758007117438 27.8% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 281 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4196 4197 4198 > >> >>> »|

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post I :: Intro

WELCOME TO THE VOID!
...Again, if you've been to one of our related threads before. xD

We've moved into FC to better be lazy. |D
And while some of our artists are still with us and operating (at least, this one is. ;] ), we
tend to do more lazing around than request sketching. So~ It just makes more sense to
be where we can laze more and not lead on poor art hunters if we're not feeling up to doing
any sketching. xD;;

So, then.
Make yerselves at home.
Plenty o' food in the kitchen (if you can find it).
And uh... Don't destroy the couch.
It has history.

::INTRO::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post II :: Void History / In Loving Memory

The Paper Void

The first of related Voids in this thread's history was a thread known as "The Paper Void."
It was run by me, Lost Melfanian.
Located in the Art Freebies forum, the Paper Void was my first real thread of any kind (other than
a Q&A kind), and I loved it to itty bits and such. The name of it was inspired from a conversation
I'd had with one of my brothers, about how the blank space on an 8"x11" piece of printer paper
(our traditional "canvas" of choice) often seemed to be swallowing up whatever we'd draw on it.
Like a void. He had a picture, specifically, of a woman wounded in a battle or something, crawling
away, and she was never finished. It looked like the paper was swallowing her up. xD;;
Anyway~

I closed said thread to join a bunch of my artistic friends who were making a joint freebie thread.
But I'm still very possessive of the Void itself. You will hear me call the Void "mine" more than
once in here, more likely than not. P:

The Paper Void ran from Jan. 30th, 2009 'till Jul. 06th, 2010, when ITCV opened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Into the Craptacular Void

Commonly referred to as "ITCV."
The name was created by VonLied, the artist-friend who first thought to create a joint freebie thread
so that all of us artsy friends (of which there were five at the time) didn't have to thread hop to visit
each other. So, essentially, an excuse to be lazy/work together. xD
ITCV was a compilation of names, crunched down from the names of threads some of the artists
already had up and running at the time.

On Sept. 25th, of 2010, we learned of a terrible thing.
Our friend VonLied, had been confirmed as KIA. (For those who are new to the Void, here, he was
a Navy man. Killed serving the country, as many others have been, yes. But he was our Navy man.)
The loss I think has impacted all of the artists that had been there in different ways. I only guess
at what influence it may have had on others... but there is no doubt that this loss has had influence.
We built a shrine of remembrance for him in ITCV, which you may visit here.
We renamed ITCV's original topic name to include him, because without him we would not have been so
drawn together.
He was a beloved friend, and will always be missed.

As the time passed since our learning of this, the other artists have done a fair share of drifting in
and out. Two of those remaining had decided they would not be up to drawing any freebies any more
(mainly due to busy life-schedules). Another has become yet more of a lurker and can be hard to
catch when he passes through at all. And I, who had adamantly refused to give up on the thread at first,
have decided at last to leave it, for a way to ease some loneliness, as well as a way to more easily
conduct any editing that I may wish to do to the front page. Because every time I log ITCV's mule, I
think of Von, and I forget what my purpose was in the first place.

Thus, this thread is created: The Void, breaking from it's old place, while still keeping its history.
We will never forget VonLied.
I will never forget, and cannot regret any of the memories that were shared in ITCV.
I will always love my fellow artists and the friendships made through that thread.
But it's time to be lazy in a fresh place.
So,...

Into the Craptacular Void was open from Jul. 05th, 2010 'till Jan. 30th 2014, and...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... On Jan. 30th, 2014, this new Void was officially opened to the public.

Welcome to the Void, Everyone. 3nodding

::intro::MEMORY::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post III :: Rules & Void Etiquette

First & foremost:: Thou shalt follow the Gaian Terms of Service!
'Cause you legally agreed to do so when you signed up for an account here anyway.
Also, it's just not that hard to do. I mean, really?
Really.
Moving on then...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conduct yourself in this thread like... it's a big comfy lounge area.
A HUGE living room or den, if you will.
Hang out with yer friends.
Shoot the breeze. Chew the fat. Share the chips and the dips.
Have fun.

But keep in mind these things !

- I won't kill you for cussing, but keep it relatively minimal, and don't use it intentionally to hurt
users. That is considered harassment and harassment will not be tolerated.
- If someone has let it be known that you are bothering them, leave 'em alone. Simple as that.
Plenty o' trolls to be a jerk with in the CB if you're bored. Keep that out of the Void or I'll throw
you to the omni-noms.
- Refrain from dragging in any drama. We probably, generally don't want to read it.
- A little ranting if ye need to get something off yer chest is okay, but put it in a rantspoiler and
warn us if ye would please. This is not to say we won't read it and perhaps offer advice, help,
or a sympathetic ear (eye? haha), it is just to cut some page-scrolling.
- Refrain from posting quote towers. I prefer a max of 3 quotes per post. For those fighting with
the mobile app, if it's easier for you, please use spoiler tags to hide towers. Thank you.
- Refrain from stretching the page with huge pictures. Please put them in spoilers, or link them.
- Refrain from spamming/bumping pointlessly. We're FC, not CB. (lurking emote-posts are okay,
try not to double or overly-frequently post them, though. <3) "Spam" includes repetitive advertising
for your/another thread. ONE per page for this sort of ad may be allowed (with some leeway if
you shared it earlier and someone asks for it further down the page instead of reading the earlier
post), however if I catch you bumping the page in order to post another such ad, you will be banned.
- DO NOT fully quote any of the first page posts. 'Cause they're long and certainly likely to
stretch the page. Plus, that's just annoying. Yeah, it might seem like a small thing to you, but I
will ban you for it. So... please just don't do it. Save us all the trouble. <3
- DO NOT beg people for stuff in here. It's not a charity. It's a hangout.

If you have any questions about the thread, please ask them here. We will answer them here.
And your question might be common enough that your asking has saved some other people
from having to do so as well. Win/win, right? :]

::intro::memory::RULES::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post IV :: Honorary ITCV Lurkers

User Image
...who you may or may not see appearing in this thread, but we love anyway.
**pic @ right is the official art for the "One Old Voidling" achievement made for the Void, and if I had my
druthers everyone in this list would have it (if I could get enough Agate Tickets + if the rules would allow
me to give it to more than two(?) other Gaians). <3 <3

acfaerie
Clef
Zanaphine
^^^ Previously fellow artists of ITCV. Awesome folks, these. Awesome busy folks.

hegei
^^^ Previously a guest artist and regular of ITCV. Also an awesome person. Yes. <3

Arodynamics
~Da Llama Queen~
Dante.
Dark Angel Suigintou
drakokatze
Eragoon
Hell_Tutor
Kiro_Shinigami
Orgasmic Sex Spork
sir_Clip
UltaMatt
Yuuka Kurokawa
^^^ Previously awesome regular lurkers from ITCV. (list probably incomplete. I fail with names sometimes)

::intro::memory::rules::LURKERS::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post V :: Friends of the Void

( In honor of new Void lurkers! Who we have learned to love. <3 )

Li`l Pixie
Yukaspluk
RitariSusi
Mad~Madisson
Chicken N Biscuits
Designated Panda
Xxx - H i m e - xxX
CthulhuCultist

If you've come here since our move to FC, and ye stick around a while, ye'll probably (eventually) be on this list. :]

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::FRIENDS::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post VI :: Lurking Artists & How-to's (if applicable)

[ . . . . The List . . . . ]

■ Freebie /// Clef /// Quote or PM me. NOTE: Official Bunny Lurker! ninja ...may take a while to respond.
■ Freebie /// ~Da Llama Queen~ /// Don't contact me: If ye're in the Void, ye're fair game.
■ Freebie + Shop /// Lost Melfanian /// Don't contact me: All Void posts are fair game.

If you're looking to be a Lurking Artist, read this::

Artists will be listed by type & username. If you have a shop, a link will be provided to it in this post. No banners, though.
If you wish to deal art here, I will need quick info from you about how a person might contact you to request art.
ANY ART given IN THE VOID is to be intended as FREEBIE ART*.
Hence why art shops are linked out through here.

If you do commishies + freebies, keep any and all commission info between you and your buyer, please (meaning.
use PMs to discuss specific prices and/or details and etc., please.)
If you don't want to give any freebies whatsoever, then just give me a banner for your shop (200x40 pixels, or if you
want, I can customize a stamp for you), and I'll put it in Post XII, which is the appropriate place for affiliates. :]

I'd like to keep info here short and sweet, so I'll need/keep here::
- Username + Shop Link ...? (if applicable)
- Freebie and/or Commissions Artist ...? (if you're up for commissions aside from your freebies, but don't have
a shop, you must choose something personal (PMs, quotes, or profile comments) as a means of contact from
potential buyers. )
- Contact method ...? (PM, quote, profile comment, or otherwise as confirmed by the artist. Keep it short, or
I'll shorten it.)

You may PM me (Lost Melfanian) with the above details if you are considering being a lurking Void Artist.
Be sure and name said message "RE: Becoming an Artist" so I will know not to disregard it. :]

*only exception to the "freebie art" rule is if we run a mini-art-auction in this thread.

If you are looking for art here, READ THIS::

This thread is intended as a HANG OUT thread. Hence it being placed in the FC forum.
This means we artists should not have to come here and read any "draw me, kthxbai" posts.
If you are thinking of getting art from any of our awesome creative peoplez, DO follow the instructions
related to them. Specifically.
If I read ANY non-specific, spammish art requests like that, said person WILL BE BANNED.

That said, if you're asking to see some of whoevers' art and tell them how purdeh it is, feel free.
Compliments are nice. lol. ;3
Feel free to ask an artist if you wish to see a sample of their work, as well.

If you are looking to get a commissioned piece from any of our combo artists without a shop, please
keep all commission info between you and said artist (meaning: use PMs., you may quote here to ask,
if they have allowed quotes as a means of contact, but talk prices and such privately. Thank you.)

"Tipping" for any free art you've received here is obviously not required. Otherwise it wouldn't be
free art, and it wouldn't be a "tip," but the artist would probably appreciate such a generous way
of saying thanks, if you feel so inclined. :]

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::ARTISTS::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post VII :: Nothing to see here...

**CONSTRUCTION NOISES**

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post VIII :: Here to see nothing...

**CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES go BWOOOOP-BWOOO**

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post IX :: Post Action Games & How-To's

Random Number Generator Game : "Match-up"

.:: How to play ::.
This game is played using the "Random Number" Post Action.

I will post an item or more (w/ MP linked item image), and RNG a number between "1 - 25."
You must RNG the same number, with the same odds as I have posted.
First person to match my number wins whatever item(s) from the original post.
I will continue to post regularly with the item as a reminder that it is still an available prize.
Quote me if/when you win (if I'm offline), so I may confirm and send ye your prize. :]

* You may RNG more than once until you win, provided someone else hasn't won already.
* Winning at this game does not disqualify you from playing other games.
* Remember we'd rather ye not spam, so please chat a bit while you make any attempt.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* *~ an artistic variant ~* *
If the prize depicted contains a ticket or game token, you are RNGing for a piece of art! :3
Here are the prizes depending on the item shown::

User Image :: Good for Bust Line Art, or Lightly Colored Head Shot.
User Image :: Good for Waist-Up Lineart, or Lightly Colored Bust
User Image :: Good for Knee-Up Lineart, or Lightly Colored Waist-Up
User Image :: Good for Full Body Lineart, or Lightly Colored Knee-Up
User Image :: Good for Lightly Colored Full Body

- Art can be of an OC or avatar, whichever is preferred by the ticket/token winner.
- Pre-saved reference images always a plus. :]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Game #, Prize(s), & Winners in Spoiler Below:
#1: User Image - won by: Eragoon
#2: User Image - won by: Eragoon
#3: pending a prize. . .

If you're a regular and would like to run a game here, let me know the game and
details and I'll set it up for ye here. The more the merrier. :] )

For those that may be confused how to play, these games are played with the Post
Action options from the drop list that appears on the right when you reply to a thread.
Just select the appropriate action when you post. 3nodding

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::GAMES::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post X :: Pop-Quiz!

These will be short quizzes (10-15 questions) and are meant to be just for fun!
So no prizes unless otherwise stated in the quiz spoiler.
If you are first to answer every question correctly, though, you will be allowed to choose the next quiz topic!
Er, if you want to. Completely up to you. xD

You may answer every question in one post, or one-question per post, whichever works for you.
Keep track of your questions/answers, though. I will not do this for you.

[ Topic :: ? ? ? ? ]
prize : N / A

01 )

02 )

03 )

04 )

05 )

06 )

07 )

08 )

09 )

10 )

[ pending quiz content ]

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::QUIZ::event::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post XI :: Random Events

May be anything from mini-auctions/giveaways (always Void-hosted) to cosplay/themed days or anniversaries.
Void Events may be run by regulars, or suggested by regulars. It's all for the fun-factor, really. ;]

:: Upcoming Event ::

[ pending . . . ]

Do note: You can only receive avi art from art events if Mel/the artist confirms saving your avatar.
Can't sketch you if we haven't seen you.

Past Events:

Just an info log so when next year comes around, we can remember / plan better. xD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Annual Happenin's
March 10th - the Void's official "Blue Bash" (a.k.a. Trin's birthday)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All in the Past
Triple-6 (a dress-up event from page 666)
Dice Roll (a dress-up & game event from page 777)

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::EVENT::links::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post XII :: Let's see what's in that corner.

Our banner quilt(s) houses 200 x 40pix banners. Wanna swap links? Lemme know. :'3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^^^ Seasonal Threads! (...get updated per season) ^^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - + script links + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ "The Golden Thread" ] [ "Ring of Demons" ] [ "Kreatix" ]

Like the Void? Bring yer friends!

Void Banners::

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885/][img]https://goo.gl/TycpES[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885/][img]https://goo.gl/QWH4oj[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885][img]https://bit.ly/2QG0H1F[/img][/url]

Void Stamps::

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885][imghttps://goo.gl/YwuQyD[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885][img]https://goo.gl/fKa9tR[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90020885][img]https://bit.ly/35hAhJ3[/img][/url]

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::LINKS::banned::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post XIII :: The Unlucky Ones

A list of banned persons.

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::BANNED::thanks::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post XIV :: Special Thanks To . . .

(Anyone listed here is to be thanked for specific things. Nothing generic.
Generic awesome people go in the Honorary Lurkers or Friends posts.)

. . . to Clef. Still. For the courage that helped me make my very first thread. It's easier now. lol.
. . . to Era. For helping me out with editing this thread, and for the "VOID in red ink" stamp idea. xD
. . . to Trin. For helping me out with editing this thread, and allowing me the use of her guild for the Void Library. <3

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::THANKS::postxv::

Voidling Shapeshifter

Post XV :: The "Just in Case" / "Ribbon-cutting" post.

::intro::memory::rules::lurkers::friends::artists::[new+construction]::games::quiz::event::links::banned::thanks::POSTXV::

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff