Visitors

+1 1 100.0% [ 82 ]
Total Votes:[ 82 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 160 161 162 > >> >>> »|

Friendly Dabbler

Takkita
AAHItsAddy

True..on the charm bracelet of life. Lol
I know I gave up way too soon, but most threads here that are successful have a theme.
Although most is used for chatter anyways.
I love the simplicity of this thread.
^__^ Aw thanks. You're welcome to stay however long you want. Days, weeks, months, years....forever.... twisted

So I am going with the name Trinket, I just need to figure out how to make it appealing. Lol
& Yay I can stay1 4laugh

Friendly Dabbler

Chill Mascot
AAHItsAddy
Chill Mascot
AAHItsAddy
Chill Mascot
AAHItsAddy

Thank you! smile
*Hands you my luggage.*
I'm Addy, nice to meet you.
Pleasure is mine. *takes luggage to Addy's room*

*Follows you to my room.*
*sets your luggage in a suite*

You're welcome to decorate however you care ma'am. If you need anything I am at your service.

Thank you very much.
*Pats your head & decorates my room like a Disney castle.*
hm. Well then. . .enjoy. *disappears down the hall wrangling up loose llamas*
Llamas? surprised
I can has a llama?
AAHItsAddy
Chill Ditz
AAHItsAddy
Chill Ditz
AAHItsAddy
Ooh new hangout!
Hello everyone. How are you?
Squeeeeeeeeeeee! It's a new person! Want to taste the best cat salad ever?????

You eat cats?!?
But I like to pretend I'm a cat sometimes. Don't eat me. razz
Oh yes, it tastes fantastic in stir fry.

Ok. Lol
So how are you today?
Wonderful. About to eat ice cream with fish eggs. mmmm fancy ice cream.

How are you?

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
AAHItsAddy
Takkita
AAHItsAddy

True..on the charm bracelet of life. Lol
I know I gave up way too soon, but most threads here that are successful have a theme.
Although most is used for chatter anyways.
I love the simplicity of this thread.
^__^ Aw thanks. You're welcome to stay however long you want. Days, weeks, months, years....forever.... twisted

So I am going with the name Trinket, I just need to figure out how to make it appealing. Lol
& Yay I can stay1 4laugh
Do you have imaging software like Photoshop or GIMP? Banners help more than just writing out the titles of each section.

My own thing I do is I reserve the entire front page and delete the posts I don't need. That compacts the front page.

Go through the FC forum like Lady LaurelIe suggested, and make a list of things you like and figure out why and how you can adapt that into your own thread.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
Ditz don't be gross emotion_puke
I'm not gross! You just don't have a taste for the refined!

Beloved Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Takkita
Hmm, sounds a little harsh for a nurse (unless she was having a bad day or something, I dunno); but even if she was, that's no excuse to take it out on a patient.
I'm glad you had some nice nurses during your stay though as well. :]

As for the knife situation: Something must've have triggered them to take those precautions. In the mental health area, safety is a big priority (Maslow's Hierarchy).
If you decide to continue with a nursing degree, you'll learn about it. :]

That's a good mindset to have. :] One good thing about nursing, you're never stuck ... tired of an area, venture out & learn about another.

Beloved Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
emotion_puke

Refined on what continent planet, Ditz?
Sorry, but your taste is out of this world.

whee

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lady LaurelIe
Jayden: Ahh yes, that makes sense ... and what Lucky said, only a few more hours! You can do it! ... then enjoy a nice relaxing weekend? :]

Oooh, what are you writing about?
The stories at the moment are fanfiction for an anime called Log Horizon. I don't usually write fanfic so I'm not sure how good/bad it's going.

& sorry I missed the question before, I was distracted. sweatdrop

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Takkita
Jayden Kogane

Yeah. I bought some scones to feed them. I have leftover crackers and some cheese if they want that. They changed the time to 6:30 so I could have supper first.

I got my words in...then I had to shut down my computer, turn off lights, brush teeth, etc...

Yes you do. I'm not sure. Would it be better to start over? I have to parts I need to just start over for my fanfic...

Back to work now...
yay scones! And they'll probably bring junk food to share or at least for themselves so life's good. It sounds like you're going to have a good night with them.

yeah it takes me about half an hour or more to get ready for bed once I turn off the computer.

I'll need to work on an outline first I think and try to remember all the details as I go. My writer friend said that she's in the past has lost all her work before and had to start over. The second writing often times turns out better than the first. So I kinda hope that works for me too.

Well I know there will be gummy bears... I was told so.
We'll see...I've just been feeling a little... alone lately so we'll see. I keep hearing about them getting together and doing things & I'm not invited. They only pretty much talk to me every second thurs. I thought they were my friends but I'm starting to think I was wrong and I'm just an acquaintance and not important at all. I'll just sit quietly and speak when spoken to.

Yeah... between "goodnight" and bed there's quite a few things to do...it takes time.

Good luck!

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
Lady LaurelIe
Takkita
Hmm, sounds a little harsh for a nurse (unless she was having a bad day or something, I dunno); but even if she was, that's no excuse to take it out on a patient.
I'm glad you had some nice nurses during your stay though as well. :]

As for the knife situation: Something must've have triggered them to take those precautions. In the mental health area, safety is a big priority (Maslow's Hierarchy).
If you decide to continue with a nursing degree, you'll learn about it. :]

That's a good mindset to have. :] One good thing about nursing, you're never stuck ... tired of an area, venture out & learn about another.
Yeah I try to focus on the positive experiences instead. One of the staff - not a nurse, just a psych tech or whatever they're called that was assigned to me my very first hospitalizations, gave me a hug. Well I asked him if I could have a hug. I had just found out they were sending me to the state hospital for longer term care and I was scared. We talked a long time about my PTSD and what to expect there, I was still scared and asked him if it would be alright to have a hug. He agreed but we had to go where the other staff didn't see because there's supposed to be no contact. It made that night a whole lot easier to deal with. He's like my third favorite staff member there. My absolute favorite I'm nearly never assigned to, but in the mornings he takes everyone for an activity that's really lighthearted. His favorite to do is a game where we hit a balloon around the room. When you hit it you have to make an animal noise. He always picks a turkey and he's amazing at it. The second favorite is just cause I'm most familiar with him and know what to expect. The third favorite is just a nice guy who seems to be there to make a difference. I see him at a local coffee shop sometimes when I go in. He goes there on his break and he's pleasant, I've invited him to sit with my friends a couple times but he refuses because he's on break and needs to not have to socialize for a while. I dunno seeing staff outside of that place is kinda nice for me, then when I see them in there they're more human.

I still no matter how many times I see her have never been able to bring myself to like my least favorite person there. She yelled at me when I was really dizzy and couldn't stand, she wasn't my staff and took my arm and basically threw me into my staff and told them to take me and that I ruined her group session. Some girl patients like her a lot, I just don't see why though. She's only nice on her own terms. I always call her "Miss" with her first name because I really don't like her and feel a compulsion that if I keep showing her respect maybe I'll actually develop respect for her. She says she won't retire until she's dead or they force her to. {shudders}

Yeah I understand they have to keep everyone safe, including me. But there's a difference between self-harm and suicidal gestures. I've attempted before in the past, trust me if I wanted to die I wouldn't have even said anything to the staff. It would have been completely different. I told the psychiatrist the next day when he brought it up that a staff member had reported that I threatened to kill myself. I had a very logical reason for why I wanted to hurt myself, it really isn't logical, but at the time I thought it was. I forget the response from the psychiatrist though. I think it was something pacifying though, but not condescending. It just bugs me when people get it wrong in their reports. I used to work at a nursing home in dietary. My job was to report how much people ate and I had gotten in trouble because a CNA thought I was making up numbers since at the end of the week I always sat at the window to add up all the numbers. The charge nurse that talked to me explained how important it is to not make up figures since it's a legal medical document that doctors use to monitor their patients. So, if food intake is that important, how important do you think it is to get a life and death matter right? That's my reasoning anyways. I'm really passive and a bit passive-aggressive. Would be nice if I could make my point to the people that it matters to. Working on it though.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
Jayden Kogane
Takkita
Jayden Kogane

Yeah. I bought some scones to feed them. I have leftover crackers and some cheese if they want that. They changed the time to 6:30 so I could have supper first.

I got my words in...then I had to shut down my computer, turn off lights, brush teeth, etc...

Yes you do. I'm not sure. Would it be better to start over? I have to parts I need to just start over for my fanfic...

Back to work now...
yay scones! And they'll probably bring junk food to share or at least for themselves so life's good. It sounds like you're going to have a good night with them.

yeah it takes me about half an hour or more to get ready for bed once I turn off the computer.

I'll need to work on an outline first I think and try to remember all the details as I go. My writer friend said that she's in the past has lost all her work before and had to start over. The second writing often times turns out better than the first. So I kinda hope that works for me too.

Well I know there will be gummy bears... I was told so.
We'll see...I've just been feeling a little... alone lately so we'll see. I keep hearing about them getting together and doing things & I'm not invited. They only pretty much talk to me every second thurs. I thought they were my friends but I'm starting to think I was wrong and I'm just an acquaintance and not important at all. I'll just sit quietly and speak when spoken to.

Yeah... between "goodnight" and bed there's quite a few things to do...it takes time.

Good luck!
Gummy bears emotion_kirakira

hmm maybe they just don't want to give you a ride and it has nothing to do with being a friend or not. I have friends that do a lot of things without me, I don't get invited to do very much. I just enjoy the times I am invited. Sounds like you're not feeling good today and a bit passive-aggressive. Sometimes you got to be the one to initiate the conversation. If you just sit there saying nothing, even if it's cause you're shy or reserved, people start forming opinions that just don't fit the situation. They might think you don't enjoy their company so are afraid to invite you elsewhere. It's just a thought though, take it with a grain of salt. You know your situation better than I do.
AAHItsAddy

Llamas? surprised
I can has a llama?
Certainly, if you maintain it. If I find a sick llama stare you lose your llama privileges. Understood?
Lady LaurelIe
emotion_puke

Refined on what continent planet, Ditz?
Sorry, but your taste is out of this world.

whee
You're silly. I'm from your bedroom!

Beloved Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Takkita

Positive experiences are much better than the negative ones, of course. ❤︎

I’ll say, your stories are interesting & kinda help to shine some light from a patient’s perspective. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff