Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Shade

Susue
Well, you're an adult so it'd be weird if you found it highly relatable unless your workplace still abides by 80s stereotypes of teenagers. xd John Hugh movies are just renowned for the context of their release dates and how he was one of the first directors who made movies about teens for teens. But, like I said, I haven't seen the gist of these movies since my like pre-teen years. I watched a few minutes of The Breakfast Club with a younger sibling who had never seen it and my only impression was "well, that's cute, i guess".

god this is the longest conversation i've ever had on the breakfast club. make it stop. gonk

i rewatch stuff i really liked as a kid like well, some disney movies or Ren & Stimpy, but for the most part...gotta leave it to the past. there's too much new s**t to spend my time watching. emotion_dowant

p.s.
me too emotion_donotwant

Haha, well, I'm kind of an odd duck. I'm more or less the same person I was as a teenager. I grew up fast and pretty much went straight from innocent child to jaded adult in terms of world-view. In some ways, you could also make a case for arrested development and say that some parts of me are eternally stuck in that "angst" area of disenfranchisement, but I don't view that as necessarily having to be a teenage condition; it's called depression when you don't move on from it, and I know I'm not the only person in this thread who's experienced this kind of life cat_lol
So even if I'd seen it as a teenager, I can basically guarantee I'd have found it just as trite.
But that doesn't mean I'm against movies about teenagers or for teenagers. Lots of coming-of-age stuff still appeals to me, even as an adult. I just... don't think The Breakfast Club was all that great cat_rofl

This is also my longest conversation about this movie, haha. I watched it with an ex-boyfriend (when we were seeing each other still, I mean) and he tended to take certain things personally or turn everything into an argument (no wonder it didn't work out, eh?) so I didn't want to express a negative opinion and have it turn into some big thing rather than just a difference in age/taste. He was a bit older than me so The Breakfast Club brought up those nostalgic feels for him, I think. I can't remember what I said about it, or even if I said anything. But if I did, it was probably something fairly neutral and non-committal cat_lol

Sometimes I really enjoy body mods that let us have very dynamic stances and stuff, but other times I'm just like "Why did you put those together, damn it?!" Those could have easily been two different poses as shorts and shoes classified_fu
I know people have been begging for different arm and leg positions for years, and I'm also excited to have them, but I also feel Gaia went a little nuts with it and are now applying the concept to everything and robbing us of some great single poses as a result. It's kind of like everything Gaia puts their hands on - if they see any sign of positivity in something, they ******** run with it until they've beaten the dead horse so badly, the meat has all been flung away and its a skeleton.

Alien Invader

Navean
Susue
Well, you're an adult so it'd be weird if you found it highly relatable unless your workplace still abides by 80s stereotypes of teenagers. xd John Hugh movies are just renowned for the context of their release dates and how he was one of the first directors who made movies about teens for teens. But, like I said, I haven't seen the gist of these movies since my like pre-teen years. I watched a few minutes of The Breakfast Club with a younger sibling who had never seen it and my only impression was "well, that's cute, i guess".

god this is the longest conversation i've ever had on the breakfast club. make it stop. gonk

i rewatch stuff i really liked as a kid like well, some disney movies or Ren & Stimpy, but for the most part...gotta leave it to the past. there's too much new s**t to spend my time watching. emotion_dowant

p.s.
me too emotion_donotwant

Haha, well, I'm kind of an odd duck. I'm more or less the same person I was as a teenager. I grew up fast and pretty much went straight from innocent child to jaded adult in terms of world-view. In some ways, you could also make a case for arrested development and say that some parts of me are eternally stuck in that "angst" area of disenfranchisement, but I don't view that as necessarily having to be a teenage condition; it's called depression when you don't move on from it, and I know I'm not the only person in this thread who's experienced this kind of life cat_lol
So even if I'd seen it as a teenager, I can basically guarantee I'd have found it just as trite.
But that doesn't mean I'm against movies about teenagers or for teenagers. Lots of coming-of-age stuff still appeals to me, even as an adult. I just... don't think The Breakfast Club was all that great cat_rofl

This is also my longest conversation about this movie, haha. I watched it with an ex-boyfriend (when we were seeing each other still, I mean) and he tended to take certain things personally or turn everything into an argument (no wonder it didn't work out, eh?) so I didn't want to express a negative opinion and have it turn into some big thing rather than just a difference in age/taste. He was a bit older than me so The Breakfast Club brought up those nostalgic feels for him, I think. I can't remember what I said about it, or even if I said anything. But if I did, it was probably something fairly neutral and non-committal cat_lol

Sometimes I really enjoy body mods that let us have very dynamic stances and stuff, but other times I'm just like "Why did you put those together, damn it?!" Those could have easily been two different poses as shorts and shoes classified_fu
I know people have been begging for different arm and leg positions for years, and I'm also excited to have them, but I also feel Gaia went a little nuts with it and are now applying the concept to everything and robbing us of some great single poses as a result. It's kind of like everything Gaia puts their hands on - if they see any sign of positivity in something, they ******** run with it until they've beaten the dead horse so badly, the meat has all been flung away and its a skeleton.

Well, since the movie relied so heavily on stereotypes I find it hardly relatable, but I can understand for how it's time it was highly revered amongst young people. I have a hard time relating to most coming of age stories since I was the kinda kid who grew up too fast. Even when I was really young my mom called me her little adult. rolleyes I definitely have had the same range of interests and hold a lot of the same opinions that I did in my preteen years, but I can definitely acknowledge how I've grown and changed, especially considering I had a late teens wild child phase I very much grew out of. lol
I don't think the movie is very good, but I can understand how people liked it within the context of film history and nostalgia usually helps.

I'm so addicted to body mods that a part of me doesn't care. But then I see how repetitively they use similar leg mods or how HEY I JUST WANT THOSE SHORTS and I am sad. Lol

Hallowed Shade

Lulz, I never went through a "wild child" phase. My soul is way too old for that s**t. I've always hated being around people, going out, parties, etc. I can't stand, and never could, to be around drugs or alcohol or people using either for... well, we'll say lots of reasons and just leave it at that while we're talking publicly cat_lol
I can understand people who go through that phase, and I get why it happens from a psychological standpoint and blah blah blah, but I certainly don't relate to it. Only my being an empath allows me to understand those sorts of things. I suppose I tolerate it in other people, but I won't get close to anybody while they're still in that phase. And so many people never grow out of it. I don't judge people on it in-and-of-itself ("hey, if it works for them and doesn't hurt anyone, by all means" is my attitude on almost all things, but unfortunately, many people become very selfish during that phase and do things that could or do hurt other people, such as drive under the influence or become violent or whatever) but I don't want to be around it, that's for sure. Again, various reasons.

Haha, I do love some of those mods to be sure! They're convenient and, if used well, can create a lot of impact. But in general, I'd prefer my legs to be separate from my pant/skirt/short part. Oddly I feel slightly less prejudiced against full arm mods with shirts/jackets attached. Which I just realized right now. Hm. But I'd still rather have them separate if I stop and think about it.

Ugh, this makes me really want to play around with some new items I bought, but I really should be doing chores classified_fu

Fishy Trash

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I like the Brat Pack movies, but just as a general like I have for many movies.
They never were OMG THE DEFINING MOVIE OF MY LYFE.
Pretty in Pink was my favorite~

And I never had a wild child phase. x3
Maybe like... mild wild child, and if that is the case, I am still in the phase.

Alien Invader

My wild child phase was really weird. It was like I was fully aware of how awful I was behaving, but didn't give a s**t. It was like all the years of general disdain and responsibility just exploded and I willingly became a person that I wasn't. If anything the experience taught me how judgemental people can be. I've been really lucky that I was raised to accept peoples' circumstances and have encountered a large array of different kinds of people in my short life so when people mad awful assumptions about me because I partied a little too ********, I'm kinda pissed just thinking about it. Lol I've been around a lot of different kinds of people and it provided me with a lot of variation in life experience from a young age. I think it helped me not to hold things against people.
Too bad I was not given the same benefit of the doubt. rolleyes Oh, well though.

Hallowed Shade

Lulz, people have made a lot of assumptions about me too. Like, I'm really into weird, dark s**t. I have a black sense of humor. I'm pretty ******** morbid. And the kind of music I listen to. And starting when I was 18, I've had tattoos and piercings. From a young age, many people automatically assumed I was and am into "hardcore" s**t like drinking or drugs, or that I'm really kinky in relationships/bed, when in reality, I couldn't be far enough away from drugs or alcohol and I'm really romantic and vulnerable. I like to be taken care of by my man (while also taking care of him too; I'm a 50/50 kind of girl) despite the hard exterior most people see. I correct people if they bring it up whether they believe me or not, but honestly, I don't really give a s**t if they want to think that or not since I don't care what anyone thinks of me (excepting my loved ones, of course). Don't judge a book by its cover might be a cliche, but damn if it isn't true cat_lol
The face we give off in public or at work or in a group is rarely who they really are. Though I have a fairly accurate ability to sense who people are deep down, like if they're a good person or not. Sometimes I know a person is so not a good person but everyone else around me is fooled by them and I have no idea how. I'm like "HOW IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS TO YOU?! classified_fu "
Charisma don't work on me, yo! classified_fu

I definitely know what you mean about peoples' circumstances. Broken people tend to attract broken people. We're all like moths brought to the same flame, but some people end up on the other side, you know? So even though I don't like being around people who are "party types" or whatever, if they're rebelling or escaping because of difficult circumstances, I get that. Even as an adult (or maybe especially as an adult?) I realize how much easier that road is, or, rather, appears to be. I simply continuously choose not to take it because way too early in life, I saw where that led and what it did to me and my family as caused by one person. So.

Man, this thread got real deep cat_lol

Alien Invader

I started wearing all black when I was 11/12 years old and that didn't really go over well at a small Catholic school, but because of it I adopted a "I don't give a s**t" attitude about other peoples' opinions from a young age. I am so thankful I went through high school not giving a s**t. rofl I confused a lot of people because I was gothy and nerdy and listened to punk and metal and played varsity tennis (a gothy jock?! OH MYYYY). People assumed I was into drugs way before I ever was, which I used to find amusing. I feel like there was a bit of a culture change in the mid 00s that made piercings and tattoos a lot more mainstream and now people actually give me s**t for not having any which I find odd. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "it's so weird you don't have any tattoos" I'd have like...at least 30 dollars. rofl lmao I don't know what it is about me but people find me very easy to talk to and I'm told I give off an air of confidence so people actually think they can say hella rude s**t to me and I can handle it. It's really weird, but I've learned how to take it all with a heavy grain of salt. I've actually had guys tell me I'm too pretty to be so nerdy or too pretty to wear so much black. Like what the ******** does that even mean...Luckily, I've been sporting a "******** you" attitude from a young age so it doesn't really bother me, but it does make me make a questionable face from time to time in conversation. LOL I'm just glad more alternative ways of dressing are more commonplace because the stink eye stares have drastically dropped in the past 5-8 years. lol That and sometimes I can enjoy shopping which is refreshing. emotion_awesome

I try not to let first impressions of people sway me much. A lot of my closer friends were actually people I disliked in high school so even if I suspect someone truly is an a*****e--I won't assume it until they show me the cold hard facts of their assholery. rofl

Oh, I know, sadly. .-. I feel like I got through the flame fairly unscathed, which is tremendously lucky. I don't really feel like it's an easy road, but I was never able to fully disregard the possible consequences of my actions so I went through the entire drug addict thing with a heavy dose of Catholic guilt. I actually really don't like talking about those years of my life too in depth because I know how harshly people will judge me for it so I'm really not going to go into much more about it. I avoid people who party a lot now mostly because I know it can trigger me back into that lifestyle. I much prefer the life of an introverted stoner girl--even though my smoking habit has gotten in the way of some friendships...oddly only with people who had drinking problems so it was kinda...funny to me. LOL I hate drinking and I can't be too close with people who drink all the time or who HAVE to go out every weekend. I like day outings over most night time one's--unless it's a concert.

and omg it did we gotta stop LOLOL

Dailanie 's Waifu

Generous Fashionista

Butts.
dramallama

Alien Invader

YEAH BUTTS A MUCH BETTER TOPIC OF CONVERSATION!

Personally I am a fan of butts. I am a butt girl. lol
I was walking behind a girl at school and she had these thick thighs and the most amazing a** and I debated telling her how awesome her lower half was but decided it could be sexual harassment. Lmao

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
I dunno... I really liked the Breakfast Club.
And the more I've learned about it, the more I've enjoyed it.
It really did the, "we're all ******** up and if we talked about s**t we might not let society dictate who we hate quite so much", thing better than most movies I've seen.

Alternately: User Image

In a relationship with t3h marth

Versatile Shapeshifter

I think we all just want a bit of john bender~~~

tuni fish's Pardner

Questionable Investigator

Dailanie 's Waifu

Generous Fashionista

Aekea Scarface

emotion_awesome

Dailanie 's Waifu

Generous Fashionista

I'm absolutely loving my current's face combo right now.

And I totally found it by accident. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces