Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Panagrammic

I was just having this issue. I couldn't log into any of my accounts. Obviously I got back on now, but this is my main account that I was trying to log in with the most.

I use Firefox
I usually click "remember me" but this time that I just logged in, I didn't check it.
And yes I have autofill for the password, if you mean that it automatically places your password in place when you add the username. (But I should note that I did type in my password and username manually too)

I did try to reset my password, and that seemed to be working fine, but it didn't let me log in after that either.
Yea, I'm having problems with logging in as well.

Browser - Firefox
Remember Me - No
Autofill - Firefox standard issue Password Filler

It wouldn't let me log in using firefox 4.0, telling me 'error:not connected to database' or something like that. I'm online now using the web browser for EVE Online, which is a variant of Chrome.

EDIT: I've heard of this magical thing where you can log in using your email? How does this work?

EDIT V2.0: It works on my Firefox browser now, after tearing a fit. Any way to avoid this?

Invisible Raider

11,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Okay, I tried for an hour to login, but all it ever said was database error: not connected to server. So, I changed my password thinking maybe I just forgot. Well it excepted the new password and so I tried it again, still denied me login. Well, I searched around the forums and saw someone posted they unclicked the remember me button. So I typed in my username and password, then clicked the remember me button and unclickded it. BRAVO IT WORKED. I'm using safari and Firefox, lastest updated version

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JoJo Pumpkin
This happened to me yesterday, my password was right because i have it saved, and i haven't changed it, but yet it continually kept telling me that "password or username is incorrect". So i sent the 'forgot password' email, clicked the link, and got the "invalid key" page. So i tried again and then it said that an email was sent recently so i couldn't send one again, I eventually got to a page where i could change my password, so i changed it to what it had been to begin with only to get the constant "incorrect password or username" afterward anyway. To make matters worse, I couldn't contact gaia about it because OH what do you know? You need to be logged in. So i tried to make a new character(like the help page TELLS you to do when you can't get on your main) and then it said "items cannot be granted at this time" and I couldn't make the new character which is needed to contact gaia of your problem. There should be an option to just straight out EMAIL gaia your problem, instead of that help/contact thing they got going that just kept leading me around in circles every time i clicked "my problem isn't listed here".
I can log in today for some reason, but yesterday was a complete mess.

Quoting this cause I totally agree with it. You guys (Gaia staff) really ought to have some kind of way for us to contact you if we can't log in at all. I came across the same issue. I was terrified I had been hacked and when I realized I needed to log in or make a new account, well...that's a lot more trouble than it needs to be. Honestly, I don't have email accounts waiting around to be used for new gaia accounts lol. I would have had to make a whole new email account too.

CosmicCrowNaeva's Datemate

Sexy Waffles

29,115 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Waffles! 25
  • OTP 200
*looks around* so I see I'm not the only one who had login problems this morning(Google Chrome user). took me well over 20 min. to get onto Gaia this morning. neutral is there any chance that the Gaia mods are re-vamping the site without telling us?

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200
Kojima Michiyo
JoJo Pumpkin
This happened to me yesterday, my password was right because i have it saved, and i haven't changed it, but yet it continually kept telling me that "password or username is incorrect". So i sent the 'forgot password' email, clicked the link, and got the "invalid key" page. So i tried again and then it said that an email was sent recently so i couldn't send one again, I eventually got to a page where i could change my password, so i changed it to what it had been to begin with only to get the constant "incorrect password or username" afterward anyway. To make matters worse, I couldn't contact gaia about it because OH what do you know? You need to be logged in. So i tried to make a new character(like the help page TELLS you to do when you can't get on your main) and then it said "items cannot be granted at this time" and I couldn't make the new character which is needed to contact gaia of your problem. There should be an option to just straight out EMAIL gaia your problem, instead of that help/contact thing they got going that just kept leading me around in circles every time i clicked "my problem isn't listed here".
I can log in today for some reason, but yesterday was a complete mess.

Quoting this cause I totally agree with it. You guys (Gaia staff) really ought to have some kind of way for us to contact you if we can't log in at all. I came across the same issue. I was terrified I had been hacked and when I realized I needed to log in or make a new account, well...that's a lot more trouble than it needs to be. Honestly, I don't have email accounts waiting around to be used for new gaia accounts lol. I would have had to make a whole new email account too.

Yeah the only e-mail account I have is the one i'm using. And at times when it wont LET you make a new account(like when I tried to) there has to be an easy way to contact gaia in case HEY, I actually was hacked or something. I'm sorry Gaia, but you need to seriously have a straight out e-mailing system.

Dangerous Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Brandisher 100
I have a fifty fifty chance at logging in. But one day I couldn't log in and thought my account was hacked cause I was in the middle of thanking a buyer went it logged be out for some reason. But that only happened once
- which browser are you using? Firefox and i tried Internet Explorer and Safari
- do you have "Remember Me" turned on? Yes
- do you have any sort of password autofill turned on in your browser? No

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
biggrin whee My Got Fixed!!! whee biggrin

heart heart heart Thanks!!!!!!!! heart heart heart
Sooooo Much!!!!

6,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
it happend something like that... i tried using firefox AND google chrome, when i tryed logging in.. it said invalid password... i tried several times until i decided to send an forgot ur login e-mail... when i got the e-mail i clicked the link and i typed my new password, it said :

Permission Error
Your current password is incorrect. You need to enter your password if you are changing your email, username, or password. Fix it and try again?

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
idk but i wish i did!!!

maybe u got banned or sumthing??

1,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
I can log in, but I created my acount by "conect with facebook" And i can't create a new password, because i don't know what my "current password" is, is not the same from facebook.

If i try to change it, this appear:

"Your current password is incorrect. You need to enter your password if you are changing your mail, username, or password. Fix it and try again?"

Edit: problem fixed for me.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

9,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I recently turned on IP verification on my other account by the name of Celestarre. Last night I could log in just fine on my laptop and my Android phone.

This morning it told me my password was invalid. I have Firefox 4 set to automatically save my passwords and enter them when I type in the corresponding username. I sent myself the "forgot your login" email to change my password. I did, hit accept and it was done. I then tried to log in again and it's still telling me that my password is invalid.

I'm freaking out.

Mega Superfan

Seems to be working now. But I'm turning off the IP verification. >=/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out