Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Kuja9113
So I'm sorry to b***h again, but I just found out there was a secret ending in LR that I apparently missed.

And I just watched it.

And I am now on my way to Toriyama's house to personally ensure that he is murdered for his crimes against the Final Fantasy franchise.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

What was wrong with the epilogue? neutral

Oh right, nothing, because
everyone assumes he brought Lightning and co. to earth when all he did was tell the designers to put her in "some sort of European-looking location" which just so happened to become an amalgamation of various areas in France that looked nice.
Cupcakesu
Kuja9113
So I'm sorry to b***h again, but I just found out there was a secret ending in LR that I apparently missed.

And I just watched it.

And I am now on my way to Toriyama's house to personally ensure that he is murdered for his crimes against the Final Fantasy franchise.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

everyone assumes he brought Lightning and co. to earth when all he did was tell the designers to put her in "some sort of European-looking location" which just so happened to become an amalgamation of various areas in France that looked nice.
Yes, that's true, he technically "left it open to the players interpretation", but he didn't deny that it's meant to be Earth. And if nothing else, it's wayward, much like many other things in the trilogy.

But hey, I'm not here to spoil anyone's fun, and if you liked it, cool. Just offering my two cents.

Versatile Receiver

Kuja9113

And I just watched it.

I thought it was cool lol.
It's so open to interpretation but I thought it was nice to think that maybe FFXIII is a precursor to our own world, somewhere out there in space. And also Lightning is still out there somewhere in our world.

Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Before I read the Europe thing I thought she was in Japan. The countryside looked more regional-Japanish than French IMO on my first viewing but watching it again it does kinda look like France. It's mainly the red poppies though that give me that impression.
REGINA SPEKT0R

I saw a screenshot floating around Tumblr, someone had found the real life building SE had based a building in one of the shots on (The building was from France). Assuming it is Earth, it makes sense to be France. Lightning's name is Eclair. : P

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
The epilogue clearly takes back in the Australian outback, yo.
Just finished the second main mission and enjoying the game. I have one problem with this game... Hope needs to shut the ******** up. He is sometimes ******** annoying I want to tell that little s**t to do something else rather than being in lightnings face 24/7.

Fated Paladin

I don't know much about what the French countryside looks like, but I do know that I've seen tons of world maps in my life, and that planet shown in the end looked pretty familiar. I definitely saw a river that looked a lot like the Nile on a continent that looked a lot like Africa, followed by a shot that looked an awful lot like the Strait of Gibraltar.

If they didn't want it to literally be Earth, they shouldn't have made the continents look so similar to our own, and instead made unique continents if it was just supposed to be Earth-like. But if it is supposed to be Earth, then I'm totally viewing it as a Spirits Within prequel. emotion_awesome

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Kether Taninniver
I don't know much about what the French countryside looks like, but I do know that I've seen tons of world maps in my life, and that planet shown in the end looked pretty familiar. I definitely saw a river that looked a lot like the Nile on a continent that looked a lot like Africa, followed by a shot that looked an awful lot like the Strait of Gibraltar.

If they didn't want it to literally be Earth, they shouldn't have made the continents look so similar to our own, and instead made unique continents if it was just supposed to be Earth-like. But if it is supposed to be Earth, then I'm totally viewing it as a Spirits Within prequel. emotion_awesome

Humans designing a planet similar to Earth? Why would they do that, they should have based it off a planet they've know their entire lifespan in this universe, and that they know better than any other. You know, like Gliese 581 c.

Raidus
Just finished the second main mission and enjoying the game. I have one problem with this game... Hope needs to shut the ******** up. He is sometimes ******** annoying I want to tell that little s**t to do something else rather than being in lightnings face 24/7.

Yeah, should've given us Serah and Noel to talk about how if they fix a paradox that is a paradox in an area causing a paradox, then the paradox will be fixed thus meaning the paradox will be removed in that area so it can be free of paradoxes. have i ever told you how much i hated xiii-2s dialogue.

Or just Sazh. He's a cool guy.

Fated Paladin

Absolute Claws
Kether Taninniver

Humans designing a planet similar to Earth? Why would they do that, they should have based it off a planet they've know their entire lifespan in this universe, and that they know better than any other. You know, like Gliese 581 c.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make a planet similar to Earth, especially since most of the other games in the series took place on Earth-like planets. I'm saying that if the New World is supposed to be a completely different planet from Earth, it would be better if they'd have designed unique landmasses for it like they've always done, instead of giving it continents unmistakably similar to Africa and Europe and expecting people not to mistake it for Earth.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Kether Taninniver
Absolute Claws
Kether Taninniver

I'm not saying they shouldn't make a planet similar to Earth, especially since most of the other games in the series took place on Earth-like planets. I'm saying that if the New World is supposed to be a completely different planet from Earth, it would be better if they'd have designed unique landmasses for it like they've always done, instead of giving it continents unmistakably similar to Africa and Europe and expecting people not to mistake it for Earth.

Maybe they, like most rational people, don't give a ******** and just see it as a cute nod to the idea that Earth is better than the shithole that is XIII's world.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SE: "Hmm, shall we use these designs for Lightning in the new game?"
Toriyama: "No, we can only allow bikinis!"
SE: "But .."
Toriyama: "BIKINIS"

Versatile Receiver

LOL AT THE PENGUIN ONE WTF
Kether Taninniver
Absolute Claws
Kether Taninniver

That planet is almost definitely supposed to be Earth. I'm pretty sure I saw the U.S. in there too. Even if I could ignore the fact that it already has pre-established trains and modern day cars and real life chateus and all that stuff, the concrete proof for me is the English er, French (?) letters and numbers that were definitely not a part of any of the Pulsian/Cocoonian/Etrosian alphabets.

Absolute Claws
WHY didn't I get to play as Nun Lightning?! scream

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I just lost to Bhunivelze's second form, and have been getting my a** handed to me by the arcangeli so I can't even complete 1/3 of one of the trials. Me thinks I'm under leveled despite having done the lion's share of the side/canvas quests, but I am really unhappy about playing through this damn game a THIRD time.

Does anyone know if they make the bosses easier on Easy mode? I've never had to play a game on Easy mode before but this is ******** ridiculous. They shouldn't have eliminated the party system. ><

God knows how many more tries it's going to take to actually beat the game. sweatdrop

*dodges spoilers*
youkoonna
I just lost to Bhunivelze's second form, and have been getting my a** handed to me by the arcangeli so I can't even complete 1/3 of one of the trials. Me thinks I'm under leveled despite having done the lion's share of the side/canvas quests, but I am really unhappy about playing through this damn game a THIRD time.

Does anyone know if they make the bosses easier on Easy mode? I've never had to play a game on Easy mode before but this is ******** ridiculous. They shouldn't have eliminated the party system. ><

God knows how many more tries it's going to take to actually beat the game. sweatdrop

*dodges spoilers*
Have you tried the Hourglass thing that takes you into a New Game Plus? It's right by the doorway that leads to the final battle. I know that's not ideal but it could be useful as an act of desperation? confused I think that Bhunivelze is way too hard compared to the rest of the game (which was mostly pretty easy imo). I definitely wasn't a fan of the difficulty balancing in this. Easy mode would surely lower the difficulty, but before you resort to that, try this strategy if you have the appropriate materials:

Schemata 1:
Garb: Cyber Jumpsuit
Accessories: Ghostly Hood and Guard Glove

Schemata 2:
Garb: Quiet Guardian
Accessories: Preta Hood and Runic Ring

Schemata 3: Your choice, but preferably something that can deal a lot of damage.

All of those are relatively easy to get, but if you weren't looking for them it's possible you may have missed them. The garbs can be bought in Yusnaan and the accessories are obtained through various battles and item chests. The purpose of thise schemata is invulnerability. The Cyber Jumpsuit Schemata will make you invulnerable to physical attacks and the Quiet Guardian will make you invulnerable to magic attacks. With the exception of certain attacks, this will be immensely helpful in the final fight as you can just switch between them to avoid damage. They will be practically useless in terms of damage output though, so your third schemata should be really effective at damage output (I used Yuna's garb and it worked wonders).

Also what I did was equip any effective debuffs on my invulnerable garbs (I think Imperil and Deshell worked against him) as well as Mediguards to help heal if they took damage. And for your third Schemata, make sure to equip Aurora and spam the crap out of it on his fourth form (Overclock it twice and do a full ATB guage of casting and he should stagger). I also equipped an ATB charge to my third schemata so that I could attack more frequently.

Make sure to bring a crap load of good healing and revival items with you and hopefully you'll be able to beat him. I hope this works for you! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff