Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Receiver

MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
How strong should I be to beat the final boss? I think I was about 3000+ in strength and magic after getting the ultimate weapon/shield. I tried to battle him, got to his final form easily enough, then could not for the life of me get him to stagger.
Are the magic abilities you get in the trials worth using on him? Considering how much ATB they use, I was worried they wouldn't be helpful for staggering (I haven't used them to see if they get multi-hits or not).

Also, I'm trying to make sure I have this right: I don't need to go through the ultimate lair to get the extra ending? (I keep finding slightly different answers when I check online)
Just keep spamming your best stagger abilities. Trust me he takes a LONG time to stagger. Maybe put Aerora on 2 or 3 schemata and start just spamming it. He WILL stagger eventually but you have to be relentless.

I watched a walkthrough that spammed overclock so I guess I'll try that next. I just wasn't getting past yellow when trying to stagger him and it would completely deplete when I was trying to guard attacks so I was getting frustrated. ; _;
I had a spell and a guard on every schema. I only guarded against the first attack and let myself absorb the rest of the hits (if they don't knock you off balance I generally just take the damage because I'm so paranoid about the stagger gauge running out)

Captcha: rodents of unusual size
wat
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
How strong should I be to beat the final boss? I think I was about 3000+ in strength and magic after getting the ultimate weapon/shield. I tried to battle him, got to his final form easily enough, then could not for the life of me get him to stagger.
Are the magic abilities you get in the trials worth using on him? Considering how much ATB they use, I was worried they wouldn't be helpful for staggering (I haven't used them to see if they get multi-hits or not).

Also, I'm trying to make sure I have this right: I don't need to go through the ultimate lair to get the extra ending? (I keep finding slightly different answers when I check online)
Just keep spamming your best stagger abilities. Trust me he takes a LONG time to stagger. Maybe put Aerora on 2 or 3 schemata and start just spamming it. He WILL stagger eventually but you have to be relentless.

I watched a walkthrough that spammed overclock so I guess I'll try that next. I just wasn't getting past yellow when trying to stagger him and it would completely deplete when I was trying to guard attacks so I was getting frustrated. ; _;
I had a spell and a guard on every schema. I only guarded against the first attack and let myself absorb the rest of the hits (if they don't knock you off balance I generally just take the damage because I'm so paranoid about the stagger gauge running out)

wat

I keep my schemata pretty uniform. One attack, one spell, one guard. And either a debuff or extra spell in the fourth slot.

Versatile Receiver

MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice

wat

I keep my schemata pretty uniform. One attack, one spell, one guard. And either a debuff or extra spell in the fourth slot.
I did that for 2/3 of the game, atm Gunner Yuna is set up like that, Purple Lightning is all spells, and Martial Monk is all attacks. It's not good for bossing LOL I die a lot
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice

wat

I did that for 2/3 of the game, atm Gunner Yuna is set up like that, Purple Lightning is all spells, and Martial Monk is all attacks. It's not good for bossing LOL I die a lot

I tried messing around with my setup a few times. It would be great to be able to set it up more similar to paradigms, but when I'm concentrating on guarding attacks and filling the stagger bar, I'm not paying attention to what schemata I'm on and what abilities are where.

Versatile Receiver

MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice

wat

I tried messing around with my setup a few times. It would be great to be able to set it up more similar to paradigms, but when I'm concentrating on guarding attacks and filling the stagger bar, I'm not paying attention to what schemata I'm on and what abilities are where.
I usually set Aero/ra/ga to Square but I ALSO SET ALL MY GUARDS TO SQUARE gonk I can't handle when I change the placement of my abilities either, I start spamming the wrong ability because I'll have Thundaga on X for one schema and on triangle for another.

Versatile Receiver

Here's a really good FAQ with equipment locations in case you guys need it:
http://www.trueachievements.com/walkthroughpage.aspx?pageid=6004

Versatile Receiver

WOW Caius is a lot easier on NG+

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice

And now you've got advice for the boss, you can't come back here until you 5 star it emotion_awesome
victory! ; _;

Friendly Bookworm

So, I wanted to show you someone new to my little bookshelf... Friend of mine was cleaning her stuff out and gave me first pick and awesome deals on Final Fantasy goods. For $25 dollars... my little Lightning now has...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Her bigger XIII-2 self!

Just a quick question: Did XIII-2 Lightning come with a base to support her? My Lightning does have one minor issue with her hobbled ankle which makes standing on her own a challenge. In that photo, her elbow and her gunblade are supporting her (since she's in the corner of my room.)

I got other goods in the box. Trading Arts Mini Tifa and Dissidia Zidane (you can see him on the left) came too. I gotta ship Mini-Tidus home to my friend for her to have.
My Hands came up on my playlist. Uhg LR would have been perfect if they played that song at the end.

Versatile Receiver

Laili
So, I wanted to show you someone new to my little bookshelf... Friend of mine was cleaning her stuff out and gave me first pick and awesome deals on Final Fantasy goods. For $25 dollars... my little Lightning now has...

Her bigger XIII-2 self!

Just a quick question: Did XIII-2 Lightning come with a base to support her? My Lightning does have one minor issue with her hobbled ankle which makes standing on her own a challenge. In that photo, her elbow and her gunblade are supporting her (since she's in the corner of my room.)

I got other goods in the box. Trading Arts Mini Tifa and Dissidia Zidane (you can see him on the left) came too. I gotta ship Mini-Tidus home to my friend for her to have.
All Play-Arts figures usually have stands.

That is an awesome deal though for $25

Friendly Bookworm

REGINA SPEKT0R
Laili

Her bigger XIII-2 self!

All Play-Arts figures usually have stands.

That is an awesome deal though for $25

Had a coworker who has never seen anything Final Fantasy before see this picture and she said "DON'T LET AN 8 YEAR OLD TOUCH HER!" "... No one plays with them. I display them." "Oh good. She's quite a work of art."

Yes she is... smile

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I really want to get the Lightning Returns playarts version of Lightning. *-*

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100

what kind of band doesnt have bass, jeez

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces