Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fated Paladin

Laili

Just a quick question: Did XIII-2 Lightning come with a base to support her? My Lightning does have one minor issue with her hobbled ankle which makes standing on her own a challenge. In that photo, her elbow and her gunblade are supporting her (since she's in the corner of my room.)

My XIII-2 Serah didn't come with a stand. I'm reading through a XIII-2 thread on a SE merch forum, and apparently Lightning didn't either. If you're having trouble with Lightning, maybe look into getting an adjustable doll/figure stand. I use an older Play Arts stand for my Serah, and I've seen similar-looking stands at craft stores and online. I'd probably try to find one in a store first, though, just to make sure Lightning would fit in it.

My Gabranth has a hobbled ankle, too, and he's a b***h to stand. He has such big manly feet, that it's not too much of a challenge unless I bump into my display case like a moron, but I can imagine how much of an issue that is with smaller feet like Lightning.

Friendly Bookworm

Kether Taninniver
Laili

Just a quick question: Did XIII-2 Lightning come with a base to support her? My Lightning does have one minor issue with her hobbled ankle which makes standing on her own a challenge. In that photo, her elbow and her gunblade are supporting her (since she's in the corner of my room.)

My XIII-2 Serah didn't come with a stand. I'm reading through a XIII-2 thread on a SE merch forum, and apparently Lightning didn't either. If you're having trouble with Lightning, maybe look into getting an adjustable doll/figure stand. I use an older Play Arts stand for my Serah, and I've seen similar-looking stands at craft stores and online. I'd probably try to find one in a store first, though, just to make sure Lightning would fit in it.

My Gabranth has a hobbled ankle, too, and he's a b***h to stand. He has such big manly feet, that it's not too much of a challenge unless I bump into my display case like a moron, but I can imagine how much of an issue that is with smaller feet like Lightning.

For now she's doing well as you see displayed. I figured as much that if the XIII-2 Serah didn't have one, neither would Lightning. But I'm cool with it. She looks awesome anyway!

Versatile Receiver

Absolute Claws

what kind of band doesnt have bass, jeez
a s**t ONE
Lightning Returns spoilers ahead:

So I have finally returned now that my fear of spoilers has subsided (and a lot of good that did, both Snow's and Bhunivelze's boss battles were spoiled because youtubers don't understand the basic ******** concept of spoiler tags). And I am so mad that Lindzei, Etro, Mwynn, and practically Pulse too, do NOT make ANY appearances throughout this tripe of a trilogy.

Toriyama should be fired. That is all.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Kuja9113

So I have finally returned now that my fear of spoilers has subsided (and a lot of good that did, both Snow's and Bhunivelze's boss battles were spoiled because youtubers don't understand the basic ******** concept of spoiler tags). And I am so mad that Lindzei, Etro, Mwynn, and practically Pulse too, do NOT make ANY appearances throughout this tripe of a trilogy.

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Etro is dead. Mwynn is dead. Lindzei and Pulse is understandable, I guess.
Cupcakesu
Kuja9113

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Weren't they Bhunivelze's weapon? Etro technically made an appearance on the murals.

Versatile Receiver

Cupcakesu
Kuja9113

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Didn't Etro only die at the end of XIII-2?

Also I have never heard of Mwynn until now lol
REGINA SPEKT0R
Didn't Etro only die at the end of XIII-2?

Also I have never heard of Mwynn until now lol

The only part of Etro that was left alive in XIII-2 was the heart inside Caius. I think the rest of her was already dead or whatever.

edit: ew it did the thing

Versatile Receiver

MooMooJuice

The only part of Etro that was left alive in XIII-2 was the heart inside Caius. I think the rest of her was already dead or whatever.
This reinforces that after XIII I did not know what was going on

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
REGINA SPEKT0R
MooMooJuice

This reinforces that after XIII I did not know what was going on

No, it reinforces that XIII is the only canon game in the series and all the others should be ignored.
Cupcakesu
Kuja9113

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Well I'll put it this way, after hearing about the full mythos however many years ago, I was hoping that they would actually incorporate it into its sequels, but they didn't. Sure Bhunivelze makes an appearance and sure Etro, briefly Pulse and VERY briefly Lindzei are all mentioned at some point in the trilogy, but that's it. Had I not read the mythos on my own time I'd never even know there was one, which begs the question: why even bother creating a mythos anyway?

Pulse is very briefly seen when they are initially given their brands in FFXIII, and the game gives zero indication that that's even who that is. I assumed it was Anima until I read that it's supposed to be Pulse.

A statue of Lindzei exists in the Narthex just before the final fight in FFXIII, but that's the only real indication we have of what he/she actually looks like. And again, the game gives no indication that that statue is supposed to represent Lindzei.

Etro is frequently talked about in FFXIII-2 and is a fairly major plot point, but we never actually get to see her and she dies off screen. The only thing we have to go off of is that Yeul was created in her image. So it's safe to say she looks like Yeul. Probably.

And Mwynn is never even mentioned once throughout the entirity of the trilogy. She may have died several thousand years before the trilogy's events, but hey, Jihl, Cid, Serah, Nora, Bartholomew, and several hundred Yeuls all died too, and we saw all of them at least very briefly after each of their deaths. I see no reason why we couldn't have seen her in a flashback, or at the very least seen her Chaos consumed corpse somewhere. Mwynn's inclusion into the story could have made for some very much needed character development for Bhunivelze (defying God, how original), and the only indication we have of what she may or may not look like is that Etro was accidentally created in her image. So if Yeul looks like Etro and Etro looks like Mwynn, then it's safe to say that Mwynn likely looks similar to Yeul. Maybe.

But I guess we'll never know.

REGINA SPEKT0R
From what I understand, Mwynn was Bhunivelze's mother. She was the big G God before he was, and for whatever reason they got in a fight and he killed her. Her death sent her to the Unseen realm where she was swallowed by the Chaos. Meanwhile Bhunivelze created Pulse and Etro, but accidentally created Etro to look like Mwynn. Angry at his mistake, he gave Etro no powers and in distress she killed herself, which then sent her to the Unseen Realm. There Etro found Mwynn beind consumed by the Chaos, and with her dying (re-dying?) breath, Mwynn told Etro she must contain the Chaos and keep it under control.

Or something along those lines.

MooMooJuice
That is almost a fair point, except that Bhunivelze's weapons are merely representations of Pulse and Lindzei. As I mentioned above, Pulse is briefly physically seen, and he is much more than half of a sickle/scythe/thing. Likewise Lindzei if you look at his/her statue. As for the murals, same deal. Pulse and Lindzei are also depicted in the murals, and they look nothing like their in-game (albeit very brief) counterparts. And Etro looks nothing like Yeul either. I imagine those murals are nothing more than what a real live person's interpretation of their respective deities would be. No one actually knows what they would look like so they create thier own images of them.
It may be worth remembering that the mythos was not created exclusively for XIII. I don't know how much the gods are mentioned in Type-0, but there is still XV. It may still use some parts of the legend we haven't seen yet.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
MooMooJuice
It may be worth remembering that the mythos was not created exclusively for XIII. I don't know how much the gods are mentioned in Type-0, but there is still XV. It may still use some parts of the legend we haven't seen yet.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

If you played Type-0 you'd probably forget it was part of FNC at all. It uses "l'Cie" and I think "fal'Cie" in passing. I don't remember if Etro's name popped up somewhere.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Cupcakesu
MooMooJuice
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

If you played Type-0 you'd probably forget it was part of FNC at all. It uses "l'Cie" and I think "fal'Cie" in passing. I don't remember if Etro's name popped up somewhere.

The whole point of Type-0's plot was trying to open Etro's Gate.

SPOILAS pfft as if it's even coming here for you to play anyway.
So I'm sorry to b***h again, but I just found out there was a secret ending in LR that I apparently missed.

And I just watched it.

And I am now on my way to Toriyama's house to personally ensure that he is murdered for his crimes against the Final Fantasy franchise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff