Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aoko Aozaki

623DD can be reacted to. Pretty much all of your "bait it" concepts are useless because of this.

If you're talking about punishing DPs....yeah, I can agree with you there.

Quote:
Of course, if they're dead-set on doing something without confirming it'll hit, I just delay-cancel into something like 63214[BD] or 214C instead. Just gotta give them enough time to do something while you're starting up, so you'll catch them during the vulnerable frames.

Interesting. I'll keep note of that, thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Still, 623DD is okay for the left/right mixup and gives her a really strong oki game. Just gotta make sure they'll block it.

Which is why I made that long post prior to this one. For me, I condition them to block, then work my way up for a mixup like 623DD.

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
i never knew kof was this technical. im guilty of button mashing sweatdrop
kain-bluedge

This isn't Street Fighter IV razz
Anonymous Character
kain-bluedge

Option selects, everything is safe for meter (which is gained stupid fast), and ultras.
Man, how could you say that doesn't take skill? /sarcasm

I haven't played XIII in a while though. Mind testing if 2B 5C 623DD is a frametrap?
Aoko Aozaki
Anonymous Character
kain-bluedge

Option selects, everything is safe for meter (which is gained stupid fast), and ultras.
Man, how could you say that doesn't take skill? /sarcasm

I haven't played XIII in a while though. Mind testing if 2B 5C 623DD is a frametrap?

Nah, it's only good as a mixup. If your opponent reads it, he/she can easily jump above it and punish you on landing, so it's really bad as a frametrap (as far as I've seen).

Edit: Oh, are you implying on playing online? Sorry, Aoko, I don't even have a PS3/360, let alone a KOF XIII game. I get my experiences from my local arcade.
Anonymous Character

Nah, it's only good as a mixup. If your opponent reads it, he/she can easily jump above it and punish you on landing, so it's really bad as a frametrap (as far as I've seen).

Edit: Oh, are you implying on playing online? Sorry, Aoko, I don't even have a PS3/360, let alone a KOF XIII game. I get my experiences from my local arcade.

Oh no, not online. I meant like, if the link and the 623DD would be a frametrap from the 5C. Seems like it might be.

If they jumped out of it, assuming it's a frametrap, they'd get hit with a nice jumping counterhit from a move that would do a knockdown. So, good damage right there.
Isn't Shiki Kai kinda risky if blocked though?

There seems to be a recent patch. Seems like it improved the netcode quite a lot, but it really needs further testing. Furthermore, it seems like it's only out in Europe for now. Source.
Aoko Aozaki
Anonymous Character

Oh no, not online. I meant like, if the link and the 623DD would be a frametrap from the 5C. Seems like it might be.

If they jumped out of it, assuming it's a frametrap, they'd get hit with a nice jumping counterhit from a move that would do a knockdown. So, good damage right there.

Oh, gotcha. Hmm....never tried it with 5C, I'll test it out on my friends whenever we have a meetup again. It might work out as a frametrap, since the blockstun of 5C should be long enough for me to get a hit from 623DD.
Aenthin
Isn't Shiki Kai kinda risky if blocked though?

There seems to be a recent patch. Seems like it improved the netcode quite a lot, but it really needs further testing. Furthermore, it seems like it's only out in Europe for now. Source.

Shiki Kai == What? If you're talking about dive, no. It's perfectly safe depending on the angle it hits.

Eh. I'll wait until it's worldwide and try it out a bit.

And yeah, the 2B 5C 623DD might be a frametrap 'cause the 5C's hitstun. At the very least they couldn't do something slow.

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Aoko do you play the game at all?

Anyway, shiki kai is the one-two rising kick that can set up to an aerial combo, but the start-up is s**t and unless I cancel it from something else(like C-ver. Oniyaki) rarely hits.

Also, Online is a b***h...

waiting_for_ever.jpeg
Oh sorry. I misread 623DD as 236DD. This is why I hate numerical notation.

Anyway, the patch seems to be silently spreading across Europe and Asia. It will probably arrive in the US soon. Meanwhile, SNK has posted the patch notes. Translation by The Professor of MMCafe:

Quote:
The patch is only for PS3 at the moment. The Xbox360 will be getting it as well, but there's no solid date as of yet.

Rough Translation of the List of changes
Ranked Match: You can now set your rooms so that players with low bars or low disconnects can’t join in.
Custom Match: Your room and filter settings will be temporarily memorized by the game.
Connection Display: The Antenna’s level display has been improved (I guess this means it won’t lie like it used to)
Online Connection: The stability of online connection has been overall improved (Note that it says stability, not speed.)
Player Data: Fix(es) have been made to “Player Data” (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn’t say.. probably the reset bug)
Replay: Fix(es) have been made to “Replay” (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn’t say.. my guess is the delete bug: you deleted files on the 1st page no matter what you did.)
Misc: Some fixes have been made to “Customize”, and also to issues caused with certain characters.

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I'm guessing it's fixed most of the online hit frame issues(Athena getting invisibility for a sec or two when she does Teleport. Or Clark grabbing things even if you're already far away)

And none does it say about speed...Dammit why can't japan build better netcode???

AND GIVE ME MY SHINGO GODDAMIT!!
shikimagura
Aoko do you play the game at all?

Anyway, shiki kai is the one-two rising kick that can set up to an aerial combo, but the start-up is s**t and unless I cancel it from something else(like C-ver. Oniyaki) rarely hits.

So you're talking about Kyo, which wasn't on the subject. Plus, nobody cares about move names outside of the super-common stuff (ranbus and the like).
If I recall his 236DD 5C is trap depending on the delay.
Also, your next post whined about Japanese netcode building. The netcode they build is great... but only on their own standards where everybody has fiber-optics.

Aenthin, it's not fault of the notation that you misread it. It's your own fault.
I never said it was the numeric notation's fault. I just said I hate the numeric notation.

Seems like some of the US players got their patches too.
A little late but a new video from SNKP has posted a new video with some gameplay systems people might want to learn. Some seasoned players may already know this but there might be some still that you might learn.

Translation by The Professor of MMCafe:

Quote:
- When you cancel into HD mode from a normal, you’ll automatically dash if it’s done as a buffer or during hitstop. But if you do it after the hitstop, a normal B or C attack will come out depending on which button you pressed early when doing B+C. If you pressed it perfectly together, a C will always come out. Same rule applies when doing it in the air.

- Your hurtbox/guardbox during a block is larger than your neutral pose. You can whiff the opponent’s attack at times by crouching without blocking, wheras if you block it’ll hit.

- If you finish off an HD combo by doing an HD cancel, there’s a penalty time where the drive meter doesn’t build up. If it naturally depletes at the end, the penalty time doesn’t apply.

- Alternate blocking is covered by the video (switch between standing and crouching while you’re in block, and you can extend the blocking time).

- The hurtbox during hitback motion is the same for all characters. Other damage motions (like in the air) are different by characters, so it doesn’t mean that there’s no character-dependent combos in the game.

- Some Neomax gain anywhere juggle property when Maxcanceled. This also means that you can whiff the super and kara Maxcancel it to give the Neomax an anywhere juggle property.

- The early frames in crumple motion is susceptible to throws.

---------------------------------------

Also, a new tier list has arrived.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas