Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aenthin

Pretty cool video.

Fixed tier list

Dangerous Lunatic

I am a huge Ash Crimson fan, but I can't play the game worth s**t. I might as well sell my KoF games...
Chase Your Demise
I am a huge Ash Crimson fan, but I can't play the game worth s**t. I might as well sell my KoF games...

So you'd rather quit than learn to play?

CoD or SF4 are the games you're looking for if you don't like learning.

Dangerous Lunatic

Aoko Aozaki
Chase Your Demise

So you'd rather quit than learn to play?

CoD or SF4 are the games you're looking for if you don't like learning.

Definitely not, I would much rather learn than quit, but they don't have a tutorial at all. They will tell you how to basocally guess and I have to button mash until I get it right. I have no real way to understand Ash's moveset or how or why they work. I don't have any friends who play this game who could teach me, and it is my first fighting game.
Chase Your Demise
Definitely not, I would much rather learn than quit, but they don't have a tutorial at all. They will tell you how to basocally guess and I have to button mash until I get it right. I have no real way to understand Ash's moveset or how or why they work. I don't have any friends who play this game who could teach me, and it is my first fighting game.

I barely understand Ash, but generally he's pretty easy. Use fireballs to cover spacing, avoid his 2~8B/D, and use a lot of his 5C / 2C / 2B / 2D.

Pretty generic stuff actually.
Ash plays like Guile from Street Fighter, and like what Aoko said, just use fireballs for spacing. Also use his kiss (I believe it's 214 A/B/C?) to compliment your zoning game. Although I wouldn't avoid 2~8B, as it helped me a lot in my matches when I wanted to avoid rushdown.

But if you want to get really fancy with him:

Dangerous Lunatic

Aoko Aozaki
Chase Your Demise

I barely understand Ash, but generally he's pretty easy. Use fireballs to cover spacing, avoid his 2~8B/D, and use a lot of his 5C / 2C / 2B / 2D.

Pretty generic stuff actually.

The thing is, I don't understand the 5C / 2C / 2B / 2D stuff because I have all of his game for the PS2 or PS3. So he doesn't really work that way, I have to button mash like mad. I am best with Whip when it comes to button mashing, but the only thing I can do with her is make her smack people but I can't actually use any special moves. I own KoF 2003, and I can't even get past Kusanagi (the first boss) and it's the same with the rest of my other KoF games (I collected the ones with Ash in them) and I've owned 2003 for nearly two years now and still. Never defeated Kusanagi. Even by accident. Never even came close. Even with a team of three I still fail.

Anonymous Character
Ash plays like Guile from Street Fighter, and like what Aoko said, just use fireballs for spacing. Also use his kiss (I believe it's 214 A/B/C?) to compliment your zoning game. Although I wouldn't avoid 2~8B, as it helped me a lot in my matches when I wanted to avoid rushdown.

But if you want to get really fancy with him:

I have never played Street Fighter. King of Fighters is my first actual fighting game, especially left to right. I am really horrible. And I am just not sure about those numbers. Having it on the PS2/3 is really confusing to me. And I would love to play like that with Ash... But I am the complete opposite, I completely suck.
Anonymous Character

Forgot about his kiss.
ALWAYS cancel 2D into kiss when it hits. It prepares some really good oki game.

Chase Your Demise

I'd help you practice Ash using 2003 on Supercade if you'd like. He's better in 2003 anyways (stronger anti-air, better pokes, command grab, super links, etc) versus XIII (stronger combos, better oki).
But yeah, you really only have to learn the way around his pokes. Once you figure that and his BnBs out, he's really easy.

Dangerous Lunatic

Aoko Aozaki
Anonymous Character

Forgot about his kiss.
ALWAYS cancel 2D into kiss when it hits. It prepares some really good oki game.

Chase Your Demise

I'd help you practice Ash using 2003 on Supercade if you'd like. He's better in 2003 anyways (stronger anti-air, better pokes, command grab, super links, etc) versus XIII (stronger combos, better oki).
But yeah, you really only have to learn the way around his pokes. Once you figure that and his BnBs out, he's really easy.

I would love this. That way I don't have to sell all the Ash games I have collected! How can you do that, are you going to PM me?
Chase Your Demise
I would love this. That way I don't have to sell all the Ash games I have collected! How can you do that, are you going to PM me?

Sure, why not.
Chase Your Demise
I have never played Street Fighter. King of Fighters is my first actual fighting game, especially left to right. I am really horrible. And I am just not sure about those numbers. Having it on the PS2/3 is really confusing to me. And I would love to play like that with Ash... But I am the complete opposite, I completely suck.

The first thing you got to do is stop button mashing and learn how to time things. The thing about KoF is that it's not button-mash friendly, especially not KoF 2003 which generally has stricter, tighter controls.

Second thing you've got to learn is the terminology. Aoko uses the numerical notation for direction inputs. I use a different notation altogether. To make it easy for you, just imagine you're Player 1 on the start of the round and look at your number pad on your keyboard.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

6 generally means pressing the forward button. 2 means pressing the crouching button. 4 means pressing the back button. 236 means you have to press the down then slide your thumb towards the down-forward and forward motion in that order. 5 means you don't have to press any direction (neutral state).

Then there are the attack button inputs. A means light punch (Square), B means light kick (X), C means heavy punch (Triangle), D means heavy kick (Circle).

You'll learn more of notations all over the internet. GameFAQs have tons of those for example.

Here's another Ash tutorial that might help you. Note that a lot of his gameplay, including his Sans Cullottes combos, does not work in 2003 yet.

Chase Your Demise
I own KoF 2003, and I can't even get past Kusanagi (the first boss) and it's the same with the rest of my other KoF games (I collected the ones with Ash in them) and I've owned 2003 for nearly two years now and still. Never defeated Kusanagi. Even by accident. Never even came close. Even with a team of three I still fail.

Kusanagi can be a pain once you first fight him but, once you figure out his attack patterns, he's actually quite easy. Pro-tip: Ash can lock him down with nothing but his C-button Ventose (charge b,f+P) and Thermidor super (qcf,qcf+P).

3,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
i hate kusanagi all the same... with his two kicks upward,then his standard three air kicks, then sometimes he'll grab you by the neck and light you on fire... i hate him,

he has quite the ego as well.....
Aenthin
The first thing you got to do is stop button mashing and learn how to time things. The thing about KoF is that it's not button-mash friendly, especially not KoF 2003 which generally has stricter, tighter controls.

2003 is by far the most strict KOF I've ever played. There is almost no form of buffering, so you'll have to do things as they are. I'd hate to do a 1632143 in it.
It's part of the reason Leona is trash. Her IOH is far more difficult (almost impractical, really) because of the buffering, or lack thereof.
"Koko desu ka?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces