• Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Empyreal Entity
purplemonkeyz
*gasp* I'm a big fan of Incorporated!! surprised heart

xD Just felt like putting that.

I agree! =O

I read Incorporated in like two days and I fell in love with the plot! *-*;

Majah, your ficcie is very unique. I have never seen that been done before. Now I have two top favorite authors with two unique story plots. ^_^ <3

Wow thanks ^_^ I am glad you like it. I'm not finished with the next chappie, though.

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:

"Incorporated"
by Majah

:Chapter Sxiteen:
"Fujitaka's Secret"
[ Link in FF.net ]

Sakura stepped out to the isolated hall. She leaned at the closed door behind her for a while and inhaled deeply. She could still hear Li Syaoran's muffled voice from inside the room. He was probably talking to the InterVEST organizers. She should hurry back.

But how do I go back? What kind of excuse shall I use?

She thought of what the young man said about loosing an earring and asking George to back her up. On reflex, her hand moved to fetch her cellphone and dialed her butler's number.

A few minutes later, George's skeleton-like frame emerged from the connected hallway.

Sakura hopped towards the butler. "Oh George, I'm so glad to see you. You'll never believe what has been happening here..." She was about to say more when Li Syaoran stepped out of the room from where they've talked earlier. She gasped a little and looked at George intently to see his reaction.

But as expected, the zombie-like butler was calm and composed. His face was in its usual expressionless demeanor even in most troublesome situations.

Li Syaoran raised a brow. "Oh...you're still here." His gaze fell from Sakura to the older man beside her.

"Hoe!...I...ah...was about to do what you suggested earlier." She gave her butler a side glance. George's reaction didn't change a bit. He remained still and quiet.

"I see." Li Syaoran moved closer to them. "I believe...this is the second time we've met." He said to the other man; hands tucked inside his pants.

Sakura blinked in confusion and looked from one person to another. Li Syaoran did mention before that he had found out about George, but she wasn't expecting them to have interacted personally. Once again, she had that same feeling when Yukito and Li Syaoran greeted each other using their online names.

"It zeems to vee." George finally spoke.

One could almost see question marks popping out of Sakura's head.

The Li gave a small laugh. It was obvious that the girl didn't know since she was unconscious back then. "Remember what I said earlier? Maybe I should indulge you with more details. We've met in the incident in Central Park. You passed out inside your bear costume when I practically crushed you to the ground."

-insert image flashback of Syaoran almost taking off Sakura's bear mask when he was halted by a white bony hand as he retold the tale to her-

"You've got quite a grip, old man." He finished to say.

"I vay luk old, vat I'm still quite kay-pable to vrotek mah miztress." The butler retorted.

"And I commend you for being so." The younger man said. The butler was taller than him so he had to slightly look up to the other. "Aren't you going to protect your mistress now?"

"Does she nid any vrotek-ting at zee moment?" George asked directly.

"Do you know what's happening?" Li Syaoran asked and to Sakura, "You did tell him, didn't you?"

"Umm..." She stumbled for words. "...not yet...I was about to when you came."

"I see." He arched his head to look back at the butler. "Then you should be protecting her...given the circumstances of our bloodlines."

"I zink..." The butler started to say. "...I hav an idea of vatz happenin'. Arr yah, vay any chance...Helroi Zamaski-is?"

"Yes, I am him." The Li confirmed. "So what's going to be your next course of action?"

"Am not comp-elled zoo anzer yoo, vat for zis occasion...I vill." George looked at him unwaivered. "Mah next corz ofv action vill still vee...to zupport mah miztress in any way I ka-an."

"How loyal of you." The other man remarked. Then he noticed Sakura staring at him. "What?" He asked her uncomfortably.

"Wow...you understood every word George just said." The emerald-eyed lady exclaimed.

"Huh?" Li Syaoran gave her weird look. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Well...umm..." For a moment there, she doesn't know how to make things sound nicer. She couldn't very well say in front of George that he has a funny accent that most people have difficult time understanding. Even Yukito, who had been with them for quite some time, still struggled.

She was saved when George cleared his throat. "Zis is zaking longer. I believe eberi-one arr lukin' for yah now."

Li Syaoran snapped back to the reality of the situation. "Yeah. Well then, it was nice meeting you again, George." He reached out a gave the butler a pat on the chest using the back of his hand before proceeding towards the darker part of the hall.

"Hoe! Where are you going?" Sakura asked after him.

"Err...going back. Don't tell me, you actually want me to go out there with you."

"But..." Her finger pointed at the dark hallway beyond him.

"Oh." Li Syaoran gave an amused grin. "There is a service elevator at the end." He explained. "I figured we shouldn't be coming out the same place even in different time intervals...just in case someone is watching."

"I see." Sakura nodded.

"You are free to try that dark scary elevator with me if you want. I admit it may prove to be cozy." He suggested playfully out of no where.

Sakura's mouth dropped open. "Hoe! How can you joke around at a time like this!" She stomped towards him.

George rolled his eyes almost as if it will fall off its sockets. It seemed that both individuals' InterVEST traits were starting to surface against one another and forgetting for a minute, the sensitivity of the situation. This could take longer.

Li Syaoran blinked. "I...uh..." He looked like a man who had just blurted out something he wasn't expecting to say. "Did I just said that out loud?" He smiled boyishly; scratching his head.

"What do you mean by 'did you just said that out loud'?" Then Sakura gasped and cutely clasped her chest. "Don't tell me you are harboring naughty thoughts of me inside of you."

"Ack!" He turned around to face her. It was noticeable that his cheeks were slightly red. "Now why would I think of that from a Kinomoto!"

"Well how should I know!" She pointed a finger at his face. "Gah! Then why are you blushing!"

It was Li Syaoran's turn to drop his mouth open. "I am not blushing!"

"Yes, you are!" Sakura's emerald eyes quivered.

"No, I am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

George heaved a sigh.Were these the minds behind SkyLark? The butler suddenly became aware that they were starting to shout at each other. He walked towards the adjacent hallway to close any possible doors that may allow people from the outside to hear. He was almost satisfied when he caught a door ajar at the corner of his eye. It was the room across the one Li Syoaran emerged a while ago.

"This is childish!" Li Syaoran snapped back.

"I don't think there is anything childish with those thoughts of yours." Sakura clasped her face with her hands and twirled away from him. "I----yaaaaaaaahh, Li Syoaran you are a per----vert!"

The young man almost lost his balance. A nerve was starting to pop out of his head. "Damn it, woman! Someone might hear you!"

George once again cleared his throat. "An' eberi-body might az wel hir zee both of yah." His voice sliced through the air as he stressed the possibility.

Both Sakura and Li Syaoran were startled at how eerie the butler's tone echoed towards them. The young man straightened his posture once agan and adjusted his coat. He inhaled deeply and was back to his usual cold attitude. "Your butler is right." He started to say. "There is no point in continuing this conversation."

"Yes." Sakura crossed her arms on her chest and snobbishly riverted her gaze from him. "We've settled things and that's it."

George raised one graying brow. These two never ceased to amaze him on how both can jump from one demeanor to another. They've done it inside the game and now they were doing it again IRL. He once more shot a glance at the ajar door.

"Your accent..." Li Syaoran interrupted the butler's thoughts. "...it is somewhat familiar to me."

"Ril-ly?" The butler remarked.

"Yes...but it is something we can talk about some other time since I know that I would be seeing your mistress more often than before." And to Sakura he said, "By the way, I've decided to pass this tonight." He pulled a long white envelope from his coat.

"Hoe!" Sakura glanced back at him. "Isn't that the marriage contract between Damaski-is and Agatha?"

"Yes..." He placed it back inside. "...there is no point in prolonging it. And if you don't mind, I would like to skip the extravagant marriage proposal planned inside the game between our characters. I think we are both not in the mood for such things given the fact of our IRL situation."

"That is understandable." She replied matter-of-factly.

"Good." And with that he proceeded towards the dark hallway and unto the elevator without even saying goodbye. As soon as its doors closed behind him, Li Syaoran slumped back against the cold railings and ran a hand on his face.

"Damn that perfume." he muttered under his breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sakura hoffed. "Of all the nerve! Did you just see that, George? After all that, he just left without saying goodbye!"
Her butler placed his hands up in front of him. "It iz veter vor him zoo leave. Mizz...am now positibly zure zat ur family iz lukin' for yah."

Her shoulders drooped down. "You're right, George."

"Vat was zee plan, zee mastre' suggested?"

"Hoe! George, how come you didn't call him that earlier?" She said teasingly.

The butler smiled a little. You could almost hear slight crackling of his bony jaws. "Mayvee, I vill zomeday...vat not tis time."

"You're weird, George." The young lady commented. "Well anyway, I know you might have guessed it but SkyLark is a 'go'. I shall tell you all about it later, for now...here's the plan..."

After telling the older man about how to execute their little excuse, Sakura took off an earring, gave it to the butler and hurriedly left the hallway to go back to the Welcome Drinks room. The ghoul-like man remained inside the isolated hallway to buy some time to make the search for the lost earring plausible.

He walked towards the room with the slightly ajar door that he noticed earlier.

"Yah might azz vell come out. I know ur in zer." The butler said.

A deep sigh can be heard from within before the door finally creaked open and Fujitaka stepped out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen!" A smart-looking woman with dark brown hair and shiny maroon gown took over the microphone in the center stage. "People from the North Entrance!" She raised a glass of champagne she held in one hand towards the people and they cheered. "People from the South Entrance!" She motioned the glass towards their direction and as expected they also cheered. "East and West!" And the room boomed once again.
The spirited lady laugh whole-heartedly. "I know you're all as excited as I am to be here... in InterVEST's most grand event ever!"

Some guests even whistled as if forgetting the fact that they belong to high-classed families. This made the woman in front more delighted. "We apologize for the delay. We weren't expecting such turnout of guests." Then she suddenly revited to a more serious tone. "If anyone of you started jumping up and down, don't blame me if the floor beneath you started cracking and you all fall down a floor below." She smiled cheerfully again. "We simply are in the brink of exceeding this room's weight quota." After that, she winked. "I'm just joking of course."

All the people inside the room laughed. Indeed, the Grand Ballroom was jam packed, but still, the marvelous decorations which hung from the ceiling and on the walls were breathtaking.

They've relived the enchanted forest of Luxem. Sakura thought to herself. She went back just in time to catch everyone going inside the Grand Ballroom. Li Syaoran really did a good job holding up the event.

Both her brother and Yukito were waiting for her anxiously. It seemed that they had been looking for her. She did find many missed calls in her phone. She just made an excuse that she couldn't answer since her battery had ran out. The earring plan worked and she only end up getting scolded.

"This is quite marvelous." Yukito exclaimed at her side. "The whole forest was recreated upto the tiniest detail."

"What is this forest?" Touya asked curiously.

"The forest of Luxem." The silver-haired man informed him. "It is a special level that only elites with enough strength can access. There are many rare items that can be found in that place. Most cost millions in the open market." He continued smiling. It was obvious that he had been there and had found many things to make money from. "They even got the large tree of knowledge's huge vines right." He pointed at the center of the ceiling.

From the stage, the large tree itself stood majestically. It glistened in a silvery color. Plants and flowers of white and icy blue color adorned its feet. Its entwining vines and dream-like branches stretched throughout the ceiling. At the center, the lighting effects gave a magical glow. But that's not all, even the attendants/waiters/waitresses were all dressed as pixies.

"I gather, its cold there." Her brother said observantly.

"Yes, it is." Yukito slightly chuckled. "You noticed from the snowflakes?"

"Obviously." The other man said remotely. "You'll be very happy here, chipmunk." Darting his remark at Tomoyo who joined them after all the guests merged inside the ballroom.

"Yeah right. Whatever." Was the only reply he got from the raven-haired girl.

Touya raised a brow inquisitively. He was about to say something when the chirpy woman on stage spoke once more; disrupting the cheering crowd.

"I should first introduce myself." She took the mic off its stand and started walkingaround thestage. "I am Akizuki Nakuru, and I am InterVEST Corporation's Head of Marketing and Public Affairs." Then she whispered, but since she had the mic on, shecan stillbe heard. "...it means most of the things you see in this event are my doing." She bit her lower lip and winked seductively at the people before her.

Everyone applauded...most of the men that is.

Touya just smirked haughtily.

"You're being a snob as usual, son." Fujitaka suddenly butted in. George was following him close behind.

"Hoe!" Sakura was surprised with her father's sudden entrance. "We thought we lost you in the crowd, Oto-san. And George...did you find my earring?" She said charmingly to the man.

The butler raised a hand and dangled the other half of her earring on the tip of his fingers.

Sakura hopped towards him gleefully and took the jewelry. "I'm so glad."

"I was cut off by some of the men I do business with, and before I knew it, I lost you guys." Her father said; smiling apologetically. "Good thing George here found me sniffing around for my family's scent."

"Inzeed." The butler said reservely.

"Well, welcome back, then." Yukito nodded, but it was apparent that his attention was focused on what the woman on the stage was saying.

Tomoyo, on the other hand, just smiled faintly. This didn't pass by Touya's observant eyes.

"Hey...anything wrong with you?" Her brother asked. His voice unbelievably gentle.

"Nothing. Don't mind me." Tomoyo sharply glanced away.

"Fine. Suit yourself." Touya retorted and glanced the opposite direction himself.

Sakura, who was standing between them, could only sigh.

"As you all know," Nakuru continued to say in front of the crowd. "We in InterVEST promised a ground-breaking announcement tonight. A leap in technology as all of you may call it." She said mysteriously.

People inside the ballroom whispered to one another.

"Rumors might have reached the pads of some veteran players." She magnetically remarked. "Well I think it is time to end those rumors. So listen well everyone especially our registered players and even rogues coz you might want to get involved in InterVEST formally after hearing this announcement."

The whispers in the crowd grew louder. The woman raised a hand; motioning everyone to be silent.

"InterVEST had finally worked out a very 'generous' deal with the government and most of the existing establishments/facilities in real life. That is why a new city inside InterVEST shall rise...the largest city ever built inside an online game." She smiled; enjoying the attention. "As you all know, the mountainous valley near Ilgoin County had always been deserted...remote...haggard...But as of today...this very moment while our InterVEST technical guys are on stand-by." She motioned an arm towards the upper box at the right side of the stage, where a few menwere currently wired inside the game. "...this dead land shall be no more!"

The people could no longer remain silent as most started whispering once more. This time, Nakuru didn't stop them and she gave a go signal to the technical group.

On cue, the glowing light at the center of the ceiling suddenly changed color. From the inside, four metal poles started going down until it was in eye-level of the crowd. The tube found on each tip of the poles opened and emitted a lazer beam. It seemed to be a light show but it was not. The poles were there to make a holographic representation of what's currently inside InterVEST.

"Press that button and open the city, Carl!" She exclaimed at the head developer on top which nodded and did as told.

On the mark, the hologram at the center suddenly flashed its final form.

"Everyone...I present you...the Ultimate Patch of InterVEST...the city of Arakkis!"

The guests' mouths dropped open in awe with the sight that greeted them.

The hologram depicted a vast city; tall buildings at the center yet with hectares of ranches around it. It was like combining the advanced city with the remote yet prosperous country side. And all of them were in 3D! But what's more puzzling was the name of the establishments, haciendas and city properties. All of them existed in real life.

"Yes, people..." Nakuru nodded. "All the things you see inside this game city also exists in real life." She confirmed. "Want to know why?" She made sure she has eye contact with everyone. "Because it IS the same properties in real life. Meaning...the stocks these establishments have onlineand their income in real life are ALL INTERCONNECTED. The money you will be gaining within the game will have exact the same value as real life money. And it extends upto ownership. So...if you own...let's say..." She looked within the hologram. "...St. Michael's Hospital inside the game..." The woman pointed at the spot where a 'St. Michael Hospital' stood. "...you will also own the real St. Michael's Hospital in real life...and Doctor Sanders over there..." She waved at the famous erderly surgeon. "...we'll be your head resident doctor."

A large buzz errupted throughout the crowd. There were many 'Is this real?', 'Oh my god', 'I can't believe this', 'they can pull something like this off?'.

"Yes...yes...people...the answer is yes to all of your inquiries. But of course, no one can automatically own these assets, coz all of you must consider the fact that existing people own these land in real life. It's a good thing, though, when we found out that most of them were avid InterVEST players." Nakuru laughed. "Well, I might say...this is going to exciting. It shall be a fight for real life assets inside the environment and comforts of your computers. Isn't it grand?" She cooed lovingly.

(continued in next post)

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The room was filled with excited murmurs. Sakura could actually here people starting to plan things on what to do.

I hate it when Damaski-is is right. She thought grimly. Apparently, both of them did get a good head start.

"My goodness." Yukito remarked. Sakura looked at him. How will Cedric Tavenzouh reactto everything?

She doesn't have to wait for Touya asked the question for her. "Are you going to get involved?"

Yukito narrowed his eyes. "I'm not going to lie. I am an elite player and I do have existing properties within the game. If they are going to make this kind of setup...it would be a great opportunity for me as well."

Yeah...it will be unlikely for a Viscount to back down on this. Sakura suddenly felt a chill ran down her spine. She turned around just in time to see Tomoyo eyeing her intently. She smiled nervously at her bestfriend.

"BUT..." Nakuru continued to say. "...there are requirements before anyone of you can enter this city." She cleared her throat to make sure everyone shall get it. "...First...you must be a registered player. Meaning rogues cannot have these priviledges. We shall be dealing with real life assets here, so we must at least know your real names. Full-players shall have full benefits with their real identities exposed to everyone. Half-players will have half thebenefits since they don't like their real names to be known to everyone, but rest assured that InterVEST Corp. knows it. Second...you must be married inside the game."

Fujitaka almost lost his grip of the champagne glass he was holding.

"Kinomoto-tosan?" Tomoyo assisted the older man near her.

"I'm fine, thank you, Tomoyo-chan." Fujitaka gave her a nervous laugh.

Yukito, on ther other hand, just kept blinking. "What? Did I hear her right?"

"She said you need to be marriedinside the game." Touya repeated for him.

Yukito's eyes were full of puzzlement, Sakura couldn't help but to feel guilty. Oh Yukito...

"Hold your horses people...I know you are all confused of this second requirement." The woman held a hand high. "I shall explain it all to you." She paused to swallow then spoke once more. "InterVEST is a roleplaying game. It has been apart of many features for all this time, so it is only expected that 'roleplaying' should be fully utilize in our new city. In order to avoid the impersonal feel of technology, a social structure must be formed within the game. And what's there to strenghten this structure but conjugal status of players? Don't worry people...if you get married inside the game, it doesn't mean that you're actually going to be married in real life as well."

There were relieved expressions on the crowd.

"But of course, if 'something' develops between the two parties while in roleplay...there is nothing wrong in getting married in real life as well." She giggled. "There must always be room for love."

"This woman is annoying me." Touya remarked.

Sakura gave a nervous smile.

"Oh...before I forget. Same sex marriage is not allowed among characters. But don't worry, I know there are players out there that signed up using their opposite gender IRL. It's okay. InterVEST doesn't care any less what you are in real life. As long as the couple will be a man and woman inside the game." Then she chuckled mischievously. "I know there are guys out there pretending to be girls inside the game to gain items. Don't lie...I know these things. Same with females using male characters to avoid getting hit on by men. It's plainly alright." Nakuru nodded.

"And that's about it. Those are the only two requirements InterVEST asks of you. Your true identity and massive roleplaying skills." She continued to say. "If any of you have any questions, our game support group are available 24/7."

Sakura could feel the crowd around her going ballistic. Many determined faces were talking to each other in a storm.

"Well I guess, I won't be entering this new city then." Yukito suddenly said.

"Hoe!" She looked up at him.

The silver-haired man placed an arm around her waist and smiled down to her. "I can't very well be married to anyone else but you. Real or not."

"Hoe..." Sakura didn't know whether she would laugh or cry. How could she do this to Yukito? Even before she found out that Damaski-is was Li Syaoran, she still thought of her rival as another man...another young man...which in truth...she might have taken fancy with and ...enough for me to say, 'yes'.

The chirpy woman once again called in everyone's attention. "I know that all of you are planning things but I would like a moment of everyone's time." An attendant went up the stage and gave her metal tablet. "I'm suppose to do this after dinner, but I think I wouldn't want to disrupt the evening after making this huge announcement. So without much further due, I shall go on ahead in introducing full-players name as promised inside the forums. This is a start to promote open interaction of real-life identities. Some might already know who they are in real life but to make things formal..." she started leafing out pages from the tablet on her hand. "Shall we start?"

One by one, full-players got announced. Amazingly, all of them can be found inside the room. Some where prominent people, some just ordinary ones trying to make a living. Then it was Yukito's turn.

"Cedric Tavenzouh...our dashing Viscount of Maran..." Nakuru started to say.

People started to wonder. Sakura could hear excited queries mostly from the female population. She couldn't blame them. Even though, she hadn't met him inside the game nor did any business transactions with him, she was very much aware that Tavenzouh was quite a bachelor inside the game. She should be proud, but some reason...she felt down. Why didn't I come across Tavenzouh instead of Damaski-is? It would have been perfect! We could live a happy life together.

"...is none other than..." The woman continued up front. "...Tsukishiro Yukito."

There were lots of gasp. It was the brilliant engineer of the Kinomoto Developers Corp. Sakura could see some women look at her boyfriend lovingly. There were many approving nods from her father's colleagues. She forced a smile on her face. She needed to smile. She must smile.

Yukito, not used with all the attention, just gavea shyacknowledgement to everyone.

The dark-brown haired woman continued mentioning names on her list. Sakura's bet was that the list was in order of city of origin within the game and wasn't done alphabetically. Then finally...it was his turn...

"And the last but not the least...Helroi Damaski-is..." Nakuru said with a pause.

Everyone fell silent. Sakura could see Tomoyo's eyes grow wide. She was fortunate that her bestfriend wasn't told yet of what happened in the hallway with her brother and Yukito. Or else she might have scolded her there and there. So before she blurt out things she shouldn't after hearing who Damaski-is is, Sakura inched a little towards her and clasped her bestfriend's hand. In return, the raven-haired girl just looked at her questioningly. Sakura looked at her intently and bowed her head apologetically hoping she got the message.

"...the much feared and powerful veteran of InterVEST..." the woman on stage proceeded to say. "...is...Li Syaoran."

There were sharp intakes of breath in the crowd. Some rich individuals only nodded. They were probably the ones who do business with Li Syaoran in real life. Tomoyo's mouth gaped at Sakura and clutched her hand hard. Sakura could only bite her lip in response. For a moment there, she thought her bestfriend will scream, but she was relieved when Tomoyo remained silent.

The guests started to rivet their head towards the center of the room. Sakura glanced up to see Li Syaoran standing in front of the hologram. He was sipping from his glass and eyeing the new city intently.

Touya cursed. "What is he doing there...standing like some cool person."

Yukito could only frown.

Then suddenly Li Syaoran reached inside his tux and pulled out a white envelope.

Sakura's mouth dropped open. He is not possibly going to pass it now? When he said earlier that he was going to submit it, she was kind of expecting for him to do so after the event.

But it seemed he did plan to get things over with when he stretched an arm towards Nakuru.

"Eh?" the woman inquired.

"I am not going to prolong this, so I am passing it now. Might as well make the announcement about it." Li Syaoran said.

People around them were dying of curiosity as to what the envelope contained.

Nakuru opened the envelope and read the documents inside. "I see." She smiled after that. "It seems dear Damaski-is here can't wait any longer. Such enthusiasm, I might add." She placed her mic back on its stand and spoke. "It seems we have our very first resident of Arakkis. This thingI am holding in my hand is none other than an InterVEST conjugal contract between two players."

Again, the room was filled with "what!'s and "you must be joking" remarks.

"As of this moment, Helroi Damaski-is is a married man inside InterVEST."

"Wai!"

"Already! That was fast!"

"Who is he married with?"

"Helroi Damaski-is is now officially marriedto Agatha inside InterVEST." Nakuru continued.

"AGATHA!"

"No way!"

"How could that be?"

Then suddenly Yukito spoke up. "Agatha is a rogue. Although she is as powerful as any elite player...she is not officially registered in InterVEST."

Sakura could feel Tomoyo crushing her hand. I think I'm going to be sick. She said tearfully to herself.

Yukito was joined by other players in his statement.

Li Syaoran smirked and glanced at Yukito sidewards. "That's what you think."

Yukito blinked. "?"

"It is true that Agatha is a rogue." The woman on the stage demanded the attention back to her. "Okay...maybe I should replace that. Agatha WAS a rogue."

"Was?"

"As of this evening, we've received a registration confirmation from her. Agatha registered as a half-player."

The room boomed with murmurs.

"That's not all." Nakuru said. "The legalities of her assets had been dealt with and as per any contract made inside by InterVEST players...Helroi Damaski-is' and Agatha's assets had been agreed on to be combined and merged into one corporation named SkyLark. And this..." she shook the papers Li syaoran just gave her. "...seals everything. To Mr. and Mrs. Helroi and Agatha Damaski-is...my congratulations to both of you for your newly gained resources to compete for real life ones inside Arakkis. May this be an example to everyone...so hurry up and find someone to tag with."

Someone at the back exclaimed. "I can't believe this! Why Agatha of all people? Isn't she suppose to be one of your rivals, Damaski-is? I can't believe you are actually trusting her."

"Yulesses, how nice of you to point that out." Li Syaoran remarked.

The one who just pointed that out was Yulesses Grevor. He was known to be another veteran who was always trying to get into any kind of business transaction with Damaski-is.

"If you are hoping that I would merge with you, sorry to disappoint you, but eventhough Agatha is a rogue, her assets within the game are far more larger than yours. Actually, almost comparable with mine." He continued. "We already know each others worst behavoirs there is nothing left to fear or fake out. I would rather have someone like that than someone only pretending to be nice and then snap at me when I least expected it."

Sakura felt warm inside. Can she really say that she had been truthful inside the game? Did she really showed her very worst to Damaski-is? The answer is yes. She did. So if all those bad things were known...what's left to discover...the good ones? She glanced at the man before them. Is there anything good with a Li?

"Is Agatha someone special, Yukito?" Touya asked his bestfriend.

"Yes..." Yukito's eyes never left Li Syaoran. "...she is. What's admirable about her is that she can take out any elite anytime she wanted. And to think she was just a rogue. Even some veterans would think twice before crossing her path. And all this time, she was in war with Damaski-is. So they had agreed on a truce. This is very unexpected."

If this was some other occasion, Sakura would have jumped for joy on how high Tavenzouh regarded her, but currently she felt like disappearing in the face of the earth. Curses...why do Li's love the spotlight this much?

Yulesses Grevor could only ball his hand into a fist. "Damn it." He muttered under his breath.

"O---kay..." The woman on the stage disrupted the interchange. "...I think that is enough for now." Over-enthusiatically, she gestured her hands around. "Why don't we just go on ahead with the festivities. Maestro please!"

The orchestra below the stage started to play a lively tune.

"Enjoy the food----!" She said lovingly before leaving the stage.

Eriol was observing everyone from his position at a shaded glass-covered box, opposite from the one the technical group gathered. Li Syaoran really knew how to manipulate a situation to his advantage. Actually, it was quite amusing to see.
"That was intense." Nakuru suddenly barged in from where he was.

"You have no idea how exciting everything looked from up here." Eriol grinned mischievously.

"I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Dah-ling!" She said as she closed the door behind her.

"Uh-uh...what did I say about calling me..."

"About calling you dah-ling..." Nakuru finished for him. "I know, I know." She fanned her hand in front of him. "Old habits are hard to break overnight." Then dreamily, she changed conduct. "No matter...I'll be getting my paws on that handsome architect tonight." You can almost see hearts flying around her.

"Cancel it." The navy blue-eyed man bursted her bubble.

"What!"

"There are changed of plans. I don't think Syaoran and I could stay any longer in this event." He said.

"Hmm?" Nakuru blinked up at him. "Why? What happened?"

"Mei-ling just called. She couldn't contact Syaoran so she relayed the news to me." Eriol supplemented. "Li Yelan just fainted and was rushed to the hospital."

"Eh!"

Fujitaka slumped down at the comfortablechairinside his study. He felt worned out and his head ached. The evening proved to have challenged his calm side. After all the revelations of InterVEST full-players and announcement of the controversial game city, his family decided to go home and call it a night. There were too many excitements that just happened. He breathe in heavily. His eyes watched the dancing flames inside the fireplace. It was the only light inside the room. The night was deep and for some reason, despite of having a tiresome evening, sleep would not come to him.
There was a knock on the door. "Go ahead, George. We have much to talk about."

The ghoul-like butler stepped inside the room. The shadowy environment helped in exagerrating his eerie aura.

"Iz zer rilly zings zoo talk avout?" The butler remarked.

"As usual, you're so calm." Fujitaka smiled at the older man.

"I zink yah handled zings vack zer, very calm az vell." He walked closer towards Fujitaka.

"Pull a chair, George. And have a seat." The head of the Kinomoto said.

The butler did so and sat across the tired looking man.

"You know..." Fujitaka started to say. "I couldn't believe that someone of your stature would go as far as being our butler."

George smiled. It was different from his usual perk. This time it seemed solid and more humane. "I stil' honor mah duties to zee organiza-shon."

"Ah...the organization." Fujitaka narrowed his eyes. "You truly amuse me of how loyal you are in the so-called organization."

"Yah might zot unzerstand it. Yu ar' young 'n hardly anyvwan from zee Kinomotos nor Lis velieved in it anymor'. It iz zomething yah could zay...forgot-ten."

Fujitaka bowed his head and reached inside the drawer of the desk near the fireplace. He took out a wooden chest and placed it on his lap. "The organization died the moment our two families betrayed one another." Then he opened the small box; exposing an antique knife and a tarnished old picture to George. "This..." he clutched the chest hard. "...died with it."

"Oh...'tis gud. I zidn't know zat yu know zis much from zee past." The butler's normally lifeless eyes glinted. "Iz 'tis why yu zidn't zoo anythin' when yu found ur daughter alone vid Li Syao-ran?"

Fujitaka sighed. "I don't know, George." He started enumerating things. "I don't know why I've accepted your application to be our butler knowing that you own your own hacienda in another country. I don't know why I've ever let Sakura get too much involved with InterVEST."

The older man gave him a questioning look.

"Yes...I know she had been playing much deeper than she claimed to be." Fujitaka nodded. "I pay the bills in the house, and it includes internet service provider ones. I find it puzzling how this house connection can take up much bandwith. So I checked with the ISP and found out that Sakura's extension takes up most of it. I've asked for a specific url she always goes to and my desk got filled with InterVEST log files."

George couldn't help but laugh. "And hir I zought, yu ar' zechnologically-challenged inzividual."

"This is no laughing matter, George. I am not finished yet." Fujitaka said in a serious frown.

"Yez, pleaze...zoo go on."

The other man sighed. "George, you knew right from the start that...that Li boy is Damaski-is, didn't you?"

"Zat iz correct."

"And you let my daughter get deeply involved with him!" Fujitaka motioned exasperatingly. "You promised...when you came here that you are going to look after her."

"I am zill lukin' avter her."

"By practically shoving her to a Li!" He could no longer hide the agitation in his tone.

"Iz being wid a Li iz az vad az yu claim to vee? Iv so, zen why zidn't yu stepped in earlier ven yu followed her 'n found her vid zee boy?" George smartily pointed out.

Fujitaka was silent for a moment. He massaged his temple before answering again. "I don't know." He said weakly.

The older man gave an eerie chuckle. "I'll zell yah why." Then he reached out and grasped the wooden chest on Fujitaka's lap and faced it back to the Kinomoto. "Vecoz, deep inzide...yah still velieved in zis."

The brisk action caused the flames at the fireplace to waver. For a moment there, Fujitaka was greeted by two smiling faces from the very photograph pinned inside the trunk above the knife which carried his family's crest. There were two men standing side by side in the picture. Both looked happy and proud of the jackets they wore on their bodice. The jacket has an emblem embroidered on it. Fujitaka ran a finger across the part of the said emblem.

"Do you still carry it? This symbol?" He asked the butler.

"Yez..." Then George gripped a chain inside his shirt. A gold ring dangled on its end. He gripped it hard. "...alvayz...cloz to mah heart."

Fujitaka looked once again at the old picture. He never really looked at it that much since his father had always kept the forbidden thing in their cabin up North. His eyes fell on the man on the left side of the photograph. He couldn't help but smile as he observed the man. "Lis really have that arrogant aura around them."

George raised a brow and peered at the yellowish image. "hmmm...I guezz...it comez in a vackage. Vat yah got zoo azmit. Zee grandson iz far more handzom zan zee great great great grandfather." He placed a bony hand under his chin. "Vat zon't worry, yu arr far more attractive zan ur great great great grandfather." He said pointing at the man in the right side.

"I don't know whether to be happy or to be sad with your remark, old man."

George leaned back to his seat. "Zon't worry, ur daughter iz having zee same zilemma."

Fujitaka sighed once again and closed the wooden box. "My grandfather once told me a bedtime story. About two friends who had lost their trust with each other for some reason that both could no longer remember. Do you know this reason, George?"

"Zoo vee honest...I zoo not."

"Yet, you still strive to bring those two friends back together again?"

"I cud only hope...to zee zis emblem..." he raised the old ring which dangled on the chain around his neck. "...up in zee wallz of zee two houses once again...'n I velieve..." he continued to say. "...zat I am not zee only one who haz zis kind of goal."

Both men grew silent. Only the crackling of the fire was evident inside the room.

"George..." His head was bent down.

"Yez?"

"Your family had supported our family ever since. So I will..." Fujitaka smiled up to the older man. "...leave my daughter in your hands."

The butler gave a small smile himself. "I vill never live 'er zide."

"Maybe...inside me...I still do hope. To bo honest I am growing tired of this endless fued."

George nodded.

"That is why...I shall remain quiet about the whole thing in regards to Sakura and see what that Li boy can do."

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:

"Incorporated"
by Majah

:Chapter Seventeen:
"Together Again"
[ Link in FF.net ]

The siren of a fast approaching ambulance filled the peaceful surroundings as it turned from the curve and entered the hospital?s premises. Syaoran slid a hand beneath the white drapes to peer below. Nurses and other medical attendants hurriedly ran towards the said vehicle to fetch the new patient. Syaoran squinted to see more clearly, but the bright rays of the dawning sunrise prevented him. He eased himself at the side of the window to observe the scenery beyond the tall buildings which surrounded the city hospital. Trees beckoned the structures as if to compensate the growing advancement of the urban area.

?It?s almost morning.? A woman?s voice whispered behind him.

Syaoran nodded at his sister?s remark.

Mei-Ling stood near him with her hands clasped together. Her form seemed to look exhausted but her eyes remained sharp. The deep blue oriental dress she wore added alertness to the whole demeanor. His sister projected a younger version of their mother?s strictness.

Their mother...

The chestnut-haired Li glanced towards the center of the room. There, in the middle, a luxuriously arranged bed can be found. On it, a figure slept unmoving. It had been like that ever since he arrived last night.

Unknowingly, Syaoran started clutching the curtain hard.

?It?s her vertigo. You don?t need to worry that much. She would be fine as long as she is always with someone.? His sister remarked calmly.

?You call falling on the floor and loosing consciousness fine?? He hissed in a low voice to avoid waking up the resting patient.

The hospital room was vast, much like a mini hotel, but this was to be expected since their family had always been regarded as VIPs. Since it was larger than normal, a tiny sound could echo around the room. Especially now that only he, Mei-Ling and her mother were its occupants. The rest of the family was instructed by the doctor to wait in the adjacent room as not to stress out the patient when she wakes up. Only the eldest daughter and the favorite son were allowed to stay inside.

?Sssh!? His sister grabbed his arm and shook it in restraint. ?You might wake her up.?

?I think she should wake up so I can calmly say that she?s alive.? He retorted trying to keep his voice down.

?Of course she is!? It was Mei-Ling?s turn to hiss back at him in the quietest manner that she can muster. ?How silly can you get? Vertigo is an illness that grows with age. It is just a state of loosing balance which can cause dizziness. She?d had this for quite some time now.?

?I still can?t believe that I?m not informed about this.? Syaoran whispered sharply, apparently realizing that it was not wise to be loud in the current situation.

?She didn?t want you to worry. And besides?? Mei-Ling hid her eyes underneath her lashes. ??you were always busy.?

He fell silent for a moment. He had always dreaded going to the family house. He knew he would always end up being scolded by Li Yelan regarding matters such as returning back home and taking over the family?s most priced Publishing Company. Top everything with elders pressuring him in finally settling down being the heir to the Li surname and all; he had every reason to always make up excuse of being busy. Even if he was not?

?The tone of your voice makes me sound so horrible.? Syaoran remarked.

Mei-Ling smiled coolly. ?Aren?t you? Not always but most of the time, that is.?

The younger man gave her a side glance before looking at the elderly woman on the bed. ?Okay fine?? He sighed. ??you have a point.? He started walking towards the foot of the bed. ?But I?ve always kept up with my duties as a Li.?

?Of course,? She clasped her hands together again. ?We?re all so proud of your creative schemes.?

Normally, Syaoran would have snorted and smiled mischievously. But after what happened the night before, he wasn?t quite sure if any Li should be proud of him. Kinomoto Sakura?s face flashed on his mind. Damn it?why do you have to be Agatha amongst all the people in the world! Why a Kinomoto!

?Is anything wrong, Xiao-Lang?? Mei-Ling?s voice interrupted his thoughts. ?You seemed disturbed.?

Syaoran jolted back to himself and scratched his head. ?Nothing, I?m just feeling guilty.?

?Hmmm?? About what??

?About my knowledge deprivation of my own mother?s health ailment.? He answered her with ease. It was true that he was feeling guilty, but that wasn?t the major thing that was making him feel like that. Being someone who had faced the harsh world of business with two-faced transactions, squiggling reason out of anything was a breeze. He had no problems telling white lies since he believed that it was necessary, but?

Why I am lying this much to my family now?

Well, he haven?t lied that much yet but since he was the sort of person that thinks ten steps ahead, he knew he will be?lying a great scale from now on.

Again, Kinomoto Sakura?s face swam inside his head. He cursed inwardly.

?Don?t trouble yourself with such a little thing.? His sister joined him at the foot of the bed. ?Like what I said, it is not a grave condition. It only means that our mother?? She took her time before speaking again. ??is getting old.? She stressed the last three words obviously hinting about something else.

And Syaoran fully knew what her words truly meant.

?Xiao-Lang?? Mei-Ling started to say.

?I know.? He answered immediately.

?No, I don?t think you do.? She frowned up at him. ?Because if you do, you shouldn?t be wasting precious time in your petty little company.?

Syaoran was hurt with that remark. He knew that Mei-Ling was one of those people who disapproved of him going on his own and breaking away from their family?s tradition, and that his company couldn?t compare to the totality of the Li family business empire, but to consider what he currently has as ?petty? or ?little? was quite harsh. Quite an understatement actually, since his company has a whole tall building all to itself.

?My dear sister?? He turned his head to the opposite direction. ??you need to choose your words more carefully.?

?Do I?? Instead of considering what he just said, Mei-Ling retrieved her hand and walked sternly at the right side of the bed. She raised the blanket to cover their mother?s chest; tucking it just below Yelan?s chin. ?Compared to what the Li Family has, it is not that much little brother. Plus, I don?t see getting anything serious from any computer game. I must admit that you amazed me in that area?getting clients via kids stuff.?

A nerve threatened to pop out of his head. Clients via kids stuff? Inside, He was getting mad. He treasured his relationship with his sister amongst anything else. Even above his friendship with Eriol or his mother, but Mei-Ling does go overboard sometimes.

Syaoran gritted his teeth. ?You shouldn?t be talking about things you don?t really know.? His tone was sharp but still modulated.

Mei-Ling raised a brow. ?Then tell me that what I said isn?t true.?

?It is not.? His eyes locked at his sibling. ?If you can live with handed down wealth that?s not even yours, then fine, but don?t expect me to do the same.?

?The Li family?s wealth is ours.? She reservedly snapped at him; minding the sleeping the person before them. ?I still can?t believe you think that way. Especially you?you?re supposed to be taking over as the head of the family. You should be in our mother?s place. She should be resting by now?free from the stress of the family business, but look at you.? His sister glared at him.

Syaoran was taken a back at how angry Mei-Ling looked at him. Maybe their mother?s condition was serious after all. She was worried more than she admitted. The calm supportive aura she had earlier was gone.

He had dreaded the day he would hear these things from his beloved sister. All this time she had patiently remained quiet and gave him his space. He had been thankful that she never joined the pressure his mother and the elders had been giving him, but he knew one day even Li Mei-Ling would speak up.

?You could?? He started to say in a whisper. ??take over instead of me.?

?What??

?You?re the eldest, dear sister. You should inherit it.?

?I am not a man.? She stressed out.

?What do you think of our mother? A log? I don?t believe in that crap.? He turned his back at her and walked over the window. He placed his hands inside his pockets as he casually spoke. ?You are as capable as I am.?

Mei-Ling briskly went beside him and turned him towards her. ?Our tradition prioritizes men among women first and foremost.? She hissed again. ?Don?t start giving me women rights sermon, Li Xiao-Lang. You are the least person I expect it from. Just have the backbone to return and run everything.?

Even though, she was talking in a low voice, the emphasis and sharpness were very obvious.

?That is what I have been doing.? Syaoran snapped back. ?I am trying to have a backbone. Do you think I can achieve this by simply accepting what was being spoon fed in front of me? No?? He shook his head. ?I am not going to be another Li heir. I am going to be someone with my own name and reputation which I believe I am starting to have in the company you call ?petty? and ?little?.? His eyes locked on hers. ?You weren?t there last night in InterVEST?s event. You have no idea what had just been announced. You just wait until the media releases it. You?ll see what this kid?s stuff game can do in our industry. Just?you?wait.?

They stood there, glaring at each other with determined eyes. Time passed with neither of them saying another word.

The stillness was only disturbed when Li Yelan stirred on her slumber. Both offspring went back to the matter at hand. The elder woman gave a slight groan.

?Mother?? Syaoran hurriedly went to side of the bed. He knelt down and grasped her hand. ?How are you feeling? Are you okay?? He asked worriedly.

Mei-Ling, on the other hand, just stood there watching.

?Xiao-Lang?is that you?? Yelan opened her eyes slowly.

?Yes, mother. It is me.?

?Where am I?? She asked.

?You?re in the hospital, mother.? His sister suddenly spoke. ?You fainted. It was another vertigo attack.?

?I see.?

?Mother?? Syaoran started to say. ?How come you didn?t inform me about this?? A deep frown crept on his forehead. ?You should have told me.?

?My Xiao-Lang?? His mother looked at him softly. ??this is just a small thing. There is no need to be alarmed.?

?You call loosing consciousness a small thing, mother!? He repeated the words he threw at Mei-Ling earlier.

?Xiao-Lang! Don?t-?His sister tried to restrain him but Yelan lifted her free hand.

?It?s okay, Mei-Ling.? The patient smiled. Her beloved son?s eyes were full of worry. ?I?m fine as long as I am not always alone.? She gave same statement as what Mei-Ling pointed out earlier. ?Do not worry, I am fine.?

?But?mother?? The young man was not fully convinced.

Just then, their mother tightened her grip on his hand and looked at him strongly straight at his eyes. ?It is not open for discussion, Xiao-Lang.? She said.

Once again, Syaoran was mesmerized at how authoritative his mother sounded. Despite the fact that she was confined in a hospital bed, her firmness surfaced amongst anything else. The young man could do nothing but to lower his head in defiance, but his frown never left his face.

Yelan spoke again. ?How long have you been here??

?Since last night.? Syaoran answered.

?And that game event you went to??? She anxiously asked.

He knew that his mother wasn?t really interested in the actual event. He was quite aware that the thing she had been anticipating to hear was the ?plot? results.

Syaoran smiled apologetically as he met his mother?s eyes. ?I rushed here, you see?? He purposely dangled his sentence.

Yelan, in return, raised a brow. ?So, you weren?t able to do ?it??

?Unfortunately...? Syaoran replied meekly.

The patient sighed. ?It cannot be helped.? She moved her hand away from her son?s grasp to touch his face instead. ?Your mother is more important to you than any Kinomoto, ne??

Inside, Syaoran felt terrible. Did he actually use his mother?s sudden health occurrence as an excuse of not being able to proceed with his little scheme?

Yes, you just did! He scolded himself.

He glanced at his mother and met her loving gaze for her son.

How could you! Guilt rose up from his stomach. How?could?I?? His gaze wavered.

Yelan noticed this. ?Tush...tush?It?s alright. I understand your priorities.? She obviously interpreted everything in a different way. ?There will be other opportunities to come.?

Syaoran felt his heart grow heavy. Other Opportunities? Not in a million years. SkyLark?s contract was iron clad and even if he would be dubious enough to scheme Agatha?s demise, the scope was too large for him to handle alone. He needed her with her remarkable InterVEST skills.

I need?Kinomoto Sakura?

?Xiao-Lang!? Mei-Ling?s voice interrupted his thoughts.

The young man looked up and met a pair of questioning eyes.

?Huh?? He blinked.

?Mother was asking you about what that game of yours announced.? Mei-Ling gazed at him unbelievingly. It seemed as though her younger brother spaced out all of a sudden.

Yelan, on the other hand, just looked at her son intently.

?Oh.? Syaoran said blankly. He cleared his throat before answering. ?There are lots of things that had been happening inside InterVEST. And now they had just crossed the borders between what?s virtual and what?s not.?

?Hmmmm?.?? His mother narrowed her eyes. ?What do you mean??

He was about to go to full lengths of explaining everything but his gaze fell on Mei-Ling. The words she used before crept back to his mind. What?s the use? Why explain these things to her family? They don?t really care. He knew that Li Yelan was just being motherly to him, which was why she was asking him now. He knew his family well. He knew how they think and act.

So with this, Syaoran started to get up from where he knelt. His mouth was set in a grim line as he spoke.

?I think it is better for both of you to wait for the media announcement. I think I don?t have the strength to explain everything now.?

?Eh-? You?re not going to tell us?? His older sister exclaimed while narrowing her eyes Yelan-like. Did she just detect a change of attitude from him? She started to form her words again when their mother raised a hand to halt her.

?That is alright.? The patient said. ?Xiao-Lang is obviously very tired. He rushed from that grand event to this hospital. I understand if he feels weary.? Yelan smiled. ?I?ll make sure to read the morning paper about it.?

Syaoran nodded. Everyone suddenly became quiet. An awkward silence filled the air.

Just then, a knock interrupted the people inside the room. All eyes went to the door.

It opened slowly and Eriol?s head peaked from behind. His observant eyes scanned the whole perimeter.

?Am I disturbing you all, by any chance?? He remarked with an apologetic smile.

?Eriol-kun!? Yelan brightened. ?Nonsense! Come in, come in. I haven?t seen you for quite a while.?

Syaoran exhaled a relief. Eriol?s impeccable timing stroke again. He couldn?t help but to smile.

His friend stepped inside the room. ?Yelan-sama,? He slightly bowed then nodded to Mei-Ling. ??Miss Mei-Ling.? He said politely to Syaoran?s sister.

?Hiiragizawa.? Mei-Ling acknowledged indifferently.

Syaoran watched the scene before him. He had always been amazed on how his mother had liked Eriol. It was rare for his mother to grow fond of anyone, especially a friend of his. As the Li heir, her mother had always been protective of him. She was very careful on the people her son mingled with. She had been picky and most of the time his friends ended up facing an ice queen.

But with Eriol?

?So how have you been!? Yelan exclaimed happily. ?Come nearer so I can see you.?

The lawyer placed a hand at the back of his head and smiled charismatically. ?Yelan-sama, I?m supposed to be the one to ask you that.? He walked towards the bed passing by Mei-Ling. The woman just turned her head to the opposite direction sobbingly.

Despite the uneasy situation Syaoran had been earlier, a much larger smile crept on his face. The three people before him were quite amusing to see. His mother might have accepted Eriol with open arms but Mei-Ling was hostile towards the lawyer.

He remembered the time he had asked her about this.

---His graduation day a few years back, flashed inside his mind---

?Why do you hate Eriol this much?? he asked his sister.

?Because I disapprove on how he can manipulate people.? Mei-Ling answered snottily.

Syaoran chuckled. ?I think it is a gift. He is going to be a full pledge lawyer someday and that trait of his is going to be quite handy.? He nodded approvingly.

?Hmph!? Mei-Ling turned to her heels. ?He better not use that ?ability? against mother and you.?

?He?s a very close friend of mine. He wouldn?t do that to me.? Then he laughed some more. ?And besides, I can?t believe that you think that low of me. Have I ever been manipulated before??

His sister was silent for a while. She crossed her arms on her chest and leaned back to him. ?You?better not.?

?Haha?I won?t.? He said reassuringly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yelan gave a small laugh. ?Have you forgotten how strong I am, Eriol-kun??

?Of course?how unworthy of me to think otherwise.? His friend grinned.

Mei-Ling rolled her eyes. ?There must be some purpose why you knocked and popped in here, Hiiragizawa.?

Syaoran immediately spoke in Eriol?s defense, remembering how grateful he was to the lawyer?s timing earlier. ?I think Eriol has a right to see how mother?s doing, dear sister.? He said blandly.

The deep-blue haired young man raised a brow and looked from one sibling to another. Syaoran knew that his sudden cold attitude towards Mei-Ling didn?t escape Eriol?s observant eyes. Nevertheless, he knew that the other will remain quiet.

?He is not family. He shouldn?t be allowed in here.? The woman retorted airily.

?Mei-Ling-? Yelan started to say but Eriol interrupted her.

?She is right.? He said calmly and composed. ?Family members should be the ones to first see you.? He smiled. ?This brings me to my original purpose.? He adjusted his glasses. ?The rest of your daughters are waiting in the adjacent room. The doctor said they can come in as soon as you?re awake. Since they heard voices inside, they assumed that you?re already are. Unfortunately, though, they were too scared to knock,? He eyed Mei-Ling. ?That?s why I did it for them.? He finished saying with his charming smile never leaving his lips.

?Of course, of course.? Yelan nodded. ?You may send them in, Eriol-kun.?

The lawyer bowed and opened the door. He nodded to the people outside. No second sooner, the room was filled with four more young women. They vibrantly mobbed their mother?s bed. Their worried voices rang through the air.

?Oh-Ma-ma?are you okay??

?Do you need anything, Okasama??

?How are you, Mama??

Their mother got hugged and kissed. For a moment, Syaoran, Mei-Ling and Eriol got outcast.

?I?m fine, my daughters?I?m fine.? Yelan?s tone swam across the room.

But this seemed to have no effect as her daughters continued to swarm around the bed. Eriol, on the other hand, took this opportunity to go to Syaoran?s side.

?Something wrong between you and Mei-Ling?? He whispered to the youngest Li.

?What do you think?? Syaoran answered in a low tone.

?Really? That?s quite rare.? Eriol remarked; slightly surprised. Then he saw Syaoran giving him a grim expression.

?O-kay?? The lawyer placed his hands inside his pockets as he glanced back to Yelan?s bed. ?May I suggest we take our leave, then? I hate to bring this up at this kind of moment, but we still got a lot of things to do. The news was all over town and even guests who went home from the event immediately logged in after last night trying to catch up with what Damaski-is and Agatha just did.?

Syaoran looked back to his mother who was still getting mobbed with undivided attention, then to Mei-Ling who was desperately trying to give their mother some room to breathe.

?You?re right.? Syaoran replied. ?There are lot things I should take care of, especially now that my true identity was revealed. Most likely that I?ll be the one to get bombarded with challenges than her.?

?Her? You?re talking about Agatha?? Eriol inquired.

?Who else?? Syaoran?s shoulders drooped down.

?Well, you can always convince her to register as a full player. In that way, her true identity will be revealed as well. The attention and pressure will be divided equally to the two of you.? His friend suggested thoughtfully.

?NO!? Syaoran exclaimed rather loudly; forgetting where they were.

People inside the room were surprised at the sudden outburst. All heads turned to where Syaoran and Eriol were standing.

The chestnut-haired young man blinked. He wasn?t expecting himself to blurt out.

?I was just?uh?? He stammered.

All eyes looked at him questioningly.

?I was?uh?? He was lost for words. What the hell was he supposed to say?

Eriol looked at him with another amused expression. This was quite entertaining to see; how the guy reacts to the whole Agatha-Damaski-is thing. Inside, he knew very well Syaoran?s true reason, but he mustn?t let the other discover his agendas.

?I um?? The young man continued to say in front of his family.

Inwardly, Eriol was shaking his head. Is this how the great Li Syaoran copes up with the truth behind Agatha?s true identity? He was kind of expecting him to be more composed. But then again?it only means that my dear friend is more attached to that girl than what Mr. Reed and I had anticipated.

The lawyer fought hard the smile that had been threatening to invade his face. He must do something before the other made a fool of himself that may lead his family to start having some suspicions.

?I?m sorry.? Eriol suddenly spoke. All eyes turned to him instead, including Syaoran?s. He patted his friend?s back. ?I was asking Syaoran if we can go now, knowing that Yelan-sama is alright and she is in proper care. But he doesn?t seem to want to leave his dear mother that he kind off shouted at me with a sharp ?NO?.? He laughed.

Syaoran?s mouth dropped open.

?See?? Eriol pointed towards his friend?s face. ?He still couldn?t believe I suggested such a thing.?

?How unthoughtful of you, Hiiragizawa.? Mei-Ling said coldly.

?My apologies.? Eriol started bowing his head slightly. ?There are lots of things to take care of as aftermath of the grand event last night, and our dear man here just made the papers again.?

?Oh! That is right!? One of Syaoran?s sisters exclaimed. ?I just heard from Uncle Chi-yon from the publishing house that all the papers today have a headline about that Invest thingy!?

?InterVEST.? Syaoran stressed. Apparently, the guy was back to his usual calm form. Whatever wavering attitude he got earlier was gone. Inside, he was thanking Eriol for thinking quickly. Normally, he would have squeezed himself out of such a situation. He just couldn?t explain why his brains got stuck.

You know very well why. Syaoran inner self lurked once more. It?s your allegiance to that Kinomoto. He swallowed hard and cleared his mind. This is not the time to think about those. It would only get him into trouble. Eriol had been clever enough to give a reason, even making himself look bad in front of his mother. He mustn?t waste it.

?Why? What did you do this time?? Mei-Ling asked anxiously. But all she got was an exasperate look from her younger brother. ?Oh for goodness sake, Xiao-Lang! Are you still not going to talk about it!?

?There are so much to tell.? Eriol butted in again.

?Am I talking to you?? Mei-Ling hissed at the lawyer.

?That is enough!? An angry voice interrupted both of them. An elderly man stood at the door. He was wearing a long lab coat with his graying hair sticking out at one side. A stethoscope hung around his neck. ?I would not permit Mrs. Li to be exposed to this kind of environment; full of tension and conflict.?

?Dr. Hotaka.? Syaoran greeted. His sisters all gave the man warm smiles. The doctor had been the Li family?s doctor. Actually, the whole Hotaka family was involved in the medical field. It was like their legacy; being passed down from one doctor to another.

?Don?t you all use your charming smiles at me.? The doctor strode inside the room irritably. ?I gave in to you all of your requests to see Mrs. Li, but if she is going to be mobbed like this?? He eyed Syaoran?s four overly-happy sisters. ??and be pressured with these arguments?? This time he shot his piercing gaze towards Mei-Ling, Eriol and Syaoran. ??it is better that I order the nurses not to accept visitors at all!? His thunderous voice boomed inside the hospital room. Such a strong scary man, Dr. Hotaka can be.

Syaoran immediately jumped in. ?We are sorry, Dr. Hotaka. So many unexpected events lately that we cannot help it.? Then his gazed back to his mother. ?Maybe Dr. Hotaka is right. We shouldn?t be acting this way in front of you, mother. You should rest.?

?Xiao-Lang?? Yelan said softly.

He smiled. ?Well it seems that the circumstances suggests for us to appropriately leave for the meantime and let you be.? He went over to her and held her hand once again. ?I will visit you again, I promise.? He kissed her forehead before letting go of the hand.

?You?re actually leaving?? Mei-Ling butted in.

Syaoran looked at her. ?It seems so?? Then to the older man he playfully patted. ?Right, doctor??

Hotaka immediately nodded. ?Right. Now?GO.? He even gestured for Eriol to go out.

The lawyer couldn?t do anything but to bid his farewell to Yelan and stepped outside. He was followed by Syaoran, not a second sooner.

As the young Li closed the hospital door behind him, he heard the doctor?s commanding voice once more. ?All of you?stay away from that bed!? It was followed by complaints from his sisters.

?That doctor is quite scary.? Eriol remarked. ?Sometimes I wonder why he still has patients.?

?He is a very good doctor, Eriol.? Syaoran answered. ?One of the best?.I am confident to leave my mother in his hands.?

?Right?? His friend said absent-mindedly.

Both men started walking down the white hospital corridor towards the underground parking area.

?Syaoran?? Eriol started to say.

?Yeah??

?Why the sudden reaction a while ago?? The lawyer asked innocently.

?It would be safer??Syaoran replied in a toned down voice. ??or rather?less troublesome if Agatha didn?t register as a full-player.?

?Why is that??

?Because if her identity gets revealed, I might as well say goodbye in being a Li.?

The lawyer?s brows shot up.

?Get inside the car and drive, Eriol.? Syaoran said gloomily. ?There are much to talk about.?

Back in the hospital room, the rest of Yelan?s daughters were still in a hot argument with the doctor regarding their permission to stay with their mother.

Mei-Ling was about to give her sisters a hand when Yelan called out to her.

?Mei-Ling?? Her mother asked in a modulated voice but enough for the woman to hear.

?Yes, mother??

?There is something wrong with Xiao-Lang.? Yelan said.

Mei-Ling looked down. ?I think it is because of our argument. I did say pretty harsh words to him earlier when you were asleep.?

?I?m not a deep sleeper, daughter. I am aware of what the two of you were talking about.?

?Oh.? Was the only thing she could say to the older woman.

?Do not despair.? Yelan clasped her daughter?s wrists. ?I appreciate how you tried to convince Xiao-Lang.?

Mei-Ling smiled.

?But?that brother of yours is very stubborn. I guess that is a trait he got from me.?

?He should be returning to the clan, mother.? Mei-Ling said weakly.

?And here I thought you supported him when he left on his own.?

?I did support him, but it doesn?t mean that I approve of it. I love my little brother so much that I couldn?t resist backing him up.? She explained. At the backdrop, the poor doctor was still getting harassed by her four sisters.

?But you didn?t a while ago.?

?I need to back you up, too.? Mei-Ling replied softly.

Yelan smiled at her eldest. ?Do not worry. It?s alright. He will return when he feels that he had proven whatever it is he wanted to prove.? She paused as if to gather her thoughts. ?But??

?But what??

?His attitude earlier?.no?not really the attitude.? Yelan frowned.

?What are you trying to say, mother??

?It?s more of?his reaction?his eyes?? Yelan continued to say. ??there was something bothering him. And it is not because he had that argument with you. I feel that it is something else.?

?I?m not sure I quite understand you, mother.? Mei-Ling remarked.

?It is what you can call?a mother?s instinct.? The older woman stated. ?Mei-Ling??

?Yes??

?This InterVEST event last night?? Yelan started to say.

?Hai??

?I want you to find out what really happened.? She narrowed her strict orbs. ?Every single detail.?

?Okay. I don?t think it would be too hard. I heard Xiao-Lang was someone extremely popular inside that game.? Mei-Ling nodded.

?No, daughter??

?Huh?? The woman looked at the patient questioningly.

?Believe me when I say, that it is more than that.? Yelan firmly said.

?More than his reputation??

?Yes.? The elderly lady closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. The thing she always does when trying to tune into her offspring?s responses. ?I feel that Xiao-Lang is hiding something from us.?

Mei-Ling?s deep eyes began to flash a determined look. ?Whatever it is, I shall do everything in my power to discover it.?

At exactly five minutes before eight in the morning, Sakura raised down the Kinomoto estate?s huge curving stairs. The maroon sea of expensive heavy fabric seemed endless to Sakura as she hurried to the bottom. It was a good thing that the steps were carpeted or else she might have created quite a racket.

Last night was not a very good night. In fact, if she has to weigh everything, she might as well conclude that it had been a horrible night. And to think that any InterVEST player should have regarded it as the most exciting event that happened in the gaming industry; she, Agatha, should have been thrilled.

It would have been perfect if Damaski-is turned out to be someone else. Again, she silently asked the heavens, why oh why didn?t she get attached to Cedric Tavenzouh instead of Helroi Damaski-is? Actually, she would also gladly accept if it was the other way around with Yukito being Damaski-is and Syaoran being the viscount. But no?the fact still remained that Li Syaoran was Helroi Damaski-is. And her character Agatha was officially married to him.

I?m married to a Li inside InterVEST.

She felt like crying. How could she? How could she do this to her family? How could she lie to everyone??especially to Yukito and Tomoyo.

Then again?

She suddenly stopped and gripped the smooth railings of the stairs. That time?inside the dark room?alone with him?

---the image of her and Li Syaoran sitting side by side in front of the tall window flashed on her mind?

His words crept back to her.

--?Coz whether I like it or not?you?ve become a part of my dreams.?--

Sakura felt her warm and tingly inside. Her emerald eyes wavered with the recollection.

Did he really say that? She played the scene over and over again inside her head. Yes, he really did say it?.Did he actually mean it?

It would have been easier for her to absorb if it was some other guy. Someone without an ?unfriendly? relationship with her family. Someone harmless and kind. Someone not a Li.

She had been thinking too much ever since they went back from the event. She had barely slept a wink. Most of the time she would blame herself for being too careless and aggressive. It was so unlike her. Whatever happened to the usual smiling sweet girl?

You?ve grown tired of the smiles; your perfect monotonous life brings to you. Her inner self answered for her. There is more to life that what you see within the four walls your family had drawn around you. It continued to say. You want a smile caused by deeper things than from receiving new clothes or having a perfect boyfriend. It continued to taunt within her. That is why?

?That is why?? She whispered to herself.

That is why you don?t really feel that grave in your current situation with him, despite of what you claim to think.

?With him??

Yes?with him. Her inner self seemed to stress. I? She thought and regretted the next words. ?honestly don?t mind that much.

Once again, the young Li?s words filled her mind.

---??you?ve become a part of my dreams.?---

This time Sakura felt her cheeks turn red. It was the first time a guy had actually said that to her. It seemed so direct and honest that it scared her. Even Yukito doesn?t say those words to her.

To become a part of someone?s dreams?

?Miss, I hayt zoo zay ?tis zoo yah, vat you really luk weird giggling lyk zat in zee middle of zee stairs.? A lifeless voice suddenly spoke from behind.

?Hoe!? Sakura jumped from surprise and almost lost her balance. Good thing she had a hand clasped on the railings. ?GEORGE!?

?Vaat??

?For the nth time?DON?T DO THAT! I swear, George, if I ever die from heart attack, I?m going to haunt you in your sleep!? She complained cutely at her butler.

?Vat Miss, waat zoo yah hav me zoo? I can?t very vel liv yah lyk zat. People may zink of yah crazy for giggling wiz no apparent rizon.?

?I am so- not giggling.? Sakura argued.

?Yez, you wer.?

?I am not.? She pouted. Has she really been giggling unconsciously?

The ghoul-like butler heaved a sigh. ?Am not him, yah know. I can?t go on lyk zis vor long.?

?Him?? Sakura blinked.

?Ur hazband.?

The emerald-eyed girl gasped and clutched the butler?s sleeves. ?George!? She said sharply but trying to lower her voice. ?Don?t say that around here.? She whispered. ?Someone might hear you!?

?I hav no azer choice. You wer veing defi-cult.?

?That is so unfair.? Sakura whimpered. ?And he is not my real husband, you know. It is just a role inside the game.?

The butler gave out a peculiar sound which was supposed to be something close to a snort.

?George!?

?Okay, vine.?

The clock downstairs started to chime. Eight light bangs indicated the eight hour of the morning.

?Hoe!? Sakura clasped her mouth. ?I need to go, George.? She quickly returned to her previous pace towards the end of the stairs.

?Ver ar yah goin?, Miss??

Sakura reached the bottom the stairs when she shouted back to the butler ?I need to go to Tomoyo.? She winked. ?My reason is you know what, George.? And with that she left the zombie-like man.

Fujitaka and Touya were already at the terrace by the time Sakura reached their table. It was customary in their family to eat breakfast outside.

Fujitaka put down his newspaper in surprise while her brother?s mouth dropped open when she pushed the glass door open in a ragged manner.

?I must be dreaming.? Touya remarked; the bread he held in one hand got suspended in mid-air. ?You?re already up??

?Father, Oni-chan?ohayo!? She said panting. She quickly picked up a toast. She bit it and started running towards their garage. ?Father, Oni-chan, Ja-ne!? She waved a hand of farewell.

?Wha-t? Wait! Sakura!? Her brother called out.

?I?m sorry! I?m sorry! But I need to go over Tomoyo?s house!? She said as she ran away from the two men.

Fujitaka only smiled. ?Have a good time.? Then he went back to reading his paper.

Touya gaped at their father, but his expression turned into a serious one when he saw the headline of the paper Fujitaka had been reading.

?InterVEST Had Taken Over The Fortune 500 Companies; Li Syaoran Gets An Ultimate Head Start With SkyLark? was written in bold letters across the top of the page.

Sakura jumped inside her two-seater top-down white car and fired the engine. She has no time to deal with her brother?s troublesome inquiries. Right now, all she knew was that she needed to see Tomoyo as soon as possible.

?You?ve got to be kidding me!? Eriol exclaimed as he drove across Main Street.

?Would I joke around this kind of topic, Eriol!? Syaoran replied in a frustrated tone.

They had left the hospital for quite some time now, but they haven?t arrived in their destination even though it was suppose to be just a fifteen minute ride. The reason was that Eriol ended up driving in circles as Syaoran insisted that they do so because he doesn?t want to be cut off as he narrated last night?s ?events? and this morning?s ?conflicts? to the other.

?Okay?okay?I believe you.? His blue-haired friend said defiantly. ?You know, the pressures are piling up at your back. Such timing for your sister to brought up that family business thing.?

?You think I didn?t know that?? Syaoran slumped back at his seat. He ruffled his hair as he tried to enumerate in his mind the things he had got himself into.

?What are you going to do now?? The other inquired as he stopped the car in the intersection.

?What can I do?? Syaoran leaned his head on the car?s tinted window and placed a hand under his chin. ?It?s not like I can back out from SkyLark. The initial buying out of stocks had already started for the corporation and whether I like it or not, I?m stuck with Agatha.? Then he cleared his throat. ??with Kinomoto Sakura.?

?You could still perform your duties as a Li and at the same time?carry on with SkyLark.? The lawyer thoughtfully said.

?Hmmm?? Syaoran raised a brow.

?You know what I mean.? He looked at the chestnut-haired man in the passenger?s seat. ?Scheme another scheme. Dispatch the Kinomoto Princess then take over the corporation on your own using?? He purposely let his last sentence hanging.

??Section 41.? Syaoran finished for him

Eriol smiled dubiously. ?Ri-ight.?

The businessman snorted. ?You think I haven?t considered that??

The traffic light turned green and Eriol stepped on the gas once again. ?So you did think of using the Conjugal Code?? This is highly entertaining. He thought.

?Of course.? Syaoran answered blandly. ?But as you can see, I ruled it out.?

?Why??

?Eriol?you also know all of my plans for SkyLark. Do you really think I can handle it all on my own?? The chestnut-haired man heaved a sigh.

?Are you actually implying that you need Agatha? That you need a Kinomoto?s help?? He purposely stressed out his last words.

Syaoran looked down. It took him a while to answer the other regretfully. ?Yes.? He said which almost came out as a whisper. ?I?m sure I need Agatha, but I?m not sure if I need a Kinomoto.?

Eriol was suddenly confused. ?Agatha and Kinomoto Sakura is one person. What?s the difference between them? If you need the other, you will also need the counterpart.?

?I?m not expecting you to understand, Eriol. You?ve always played InterVEST just to help me out as my lawyer. No strings attached, I guess. But?if you are an experienced player?I mean really?really?experienced one?you?ll be aware that people?s personalities change when they go online and place their cyber mask on their face.? Syaoran explained. His eyes were dreamy as he spoke. ?Even the person, himself, sometimes didn?t realize that he starts acting differently. There are two things that could happen.?

?And they are?? Eriol asked.

?It?s either you put on a fa硤e about someone you?ve always wanted to be or you start acting the true self you?ve never known to have existed inside you.?

?And which are you?? The lawyer glanced sideways.

Syaoran was silent for a moment. He wasn?t sure whether he would want to answer that question. Even though Eriol had been his friend for quite some time now, he felt that it was still too personal to share to the other man.

?I don?t know.? He lied.

?And which is Agatha??

?I don?t know, either.? This time it was the truth. Syaoran doesn?t really know were to classify her.

Eriol gave an ?ummm? but nevertheless did not pursue the topic. The city was alive and awake at the early hour of eight. Office workers were walking at the sidewalk. Coffee shops were filled of people wearing different type of coats. Vehicles were starting to fill the street.

?It?s a good thing my car is tainted or else people might stare at us for wearing formal tux.? The lawyer commented; straying out of the topic for a while.

Syaoran gave a small laugh. ?It?s not like we have any time to change last night.? As if on reflex, he started tugging his bow tie loose which was followed by him taking of his black formal jacket; throwing it at the back sit and unbuttoning his white shirt half-way. ?We need to leave in a hurry from the grand hotel to the hospital.? Then he grew silent.

Eriol stirred the wheel as they made another round. He made another stop in another intersection as the traffic light turned red. ?Don?t worry. You?re mother is a strong woman.? As if to read Syaoran?s thoughts.

?Yeah??

Just then a small top-down white car speed off in front of them at the opposite side of the intersection. A familiar stylish auburn hair caught both men?s eyes as it got blown back by the wind.

Syaoran?s eyes widened.

?O-kay?? Eriol?s gaze followed the lady?s car. ?I feel goosebumps creeping up my arm.?

The chestnut-haired Li immediately sat up straight and grabbed his friend?s arm. ?Quick, Eriol! Follow her! This is a good chance for me to talk to her.?

?What!? The lawyer couldn?t believe what he heard the other man say. Before them the traffic light turned yellow. Not a second sooner it will become green. ?Can?t you just call her or something??

?Don?t argue, Eriol. You heard me! Turn! Turn!? Syaoran cringed on his sit and arched his neck towards the right just in time to see the car?s red tail lights.

?But we are in the left side of the road! I can?t just turn right from where I am.? The lawyer was getting nervous. The traffic light turned into a ?go? and the cars behind began firing up their horns impatiently at them.

?I don?t care!? Syaoran exclaimed. ?Step on it before we loose her!?

?Damn it, Syaoran! If I get busted by the cops for reckless driving, I?ll make you pay for it!? And with that Eriol obeyed and made a daring right turn which resulted for them to almost get hit by the cars speeding forward. Syaoran gripped the front seat handle to balance himself. Several loud horns rang on the air as the lawyers? black Mercedes drastically made it to the far right lane.

At the corner, officers in patrol got alerted from the unexpected havoc.

?You?re a lawyer, Eriol. You?ve been able to squirm out of any case you?ve handled. A traffic violation will be a cinch for you.? Grinning triumphantly to the other.

His friend gritted his teeth. ?The things you make me do??

Syaoran looked back at the traffic enforcers. ?Don?t worry. It seems they saw that special plate number, Li employees have. I don?t think they are going to chase us.?

Eriol glanced at his side mirror. Indeed the officers went back to what they had been doing before he turned boldly. Syaoran grinned at how relieved the lawyer looked.

?See?see?? The businessman patted his friend on the shoulder. ??it wasn?t so bad working for me.? There had been times wherein Eriol told him that he regretted being the man?s lawyer. His friend doesn?t really say that often, only when he asked him to do things ?beyond reason?.

?I am compiling everything up.? The lawyer said grumpily. ?I?m really really going to get you someday for all the troubles that you?ve kept causing me.?

?Yes. Yes. I?ve already lost count on how many times you?ve said that.? Syaoran chuckled. ?Now?? He squinted for the little white car ahead of them. ?Where are you my little princess???

Eriol raised a brow as he noticed how lively the man sounded; quite different from his down attitude earlier.

Sakura was tapping her finger on the wheel as she drove to the street which leads to Sun Valley Hills where the Daidouji Estate was situated. She never bothered turning the radio on for she was desperately trying to rehearse the lines she would be using to explain everything to her bestfriend.

?I?m so?so?in trouble with Tomoyo.? She made a sour face. ?How the heck did my life got so complicated in a matter of days??

Then her eyes fell on her cellphone which was plugged in hands-free. ?This is all your fault Damaski-is!? She pointed accusingly to her phone as if it was the chestnut-haired man. Then she fell silent for a moment. Maybe I should start calling him??Li??

She was still deep in thought when she turned to a smaller road. The area was a small middle-classed subdivision. She needed to pass through here in order to get to Sun Valley. She was grateful that this shortcut was available for it has less traffic compared to the other parts of the city. It was also less crowded, especially at this early hour. Only a few residents go out every now and then.

Sakura breathe in some fresh air as she slowly stopped her car in front of a rail track. A bell signaled an incoming train, so she waited patiently for it to cross. It gave her more time to run through her script. Her fingers tightened around the hand wheel as she does so.

The girl seemed preoccupied that she didn?t notice a black Mercedes as it halted beside her car.

?Penny for your thoughts?? A deep voice suddenly spoke from her left side.

Sakura turned her head towards the origin of the voice and gasped.

There on the left side, not that far away from her vehicle, Li Syaoran was looking at her from a rolled-down car window.

?Li!? She exclaimed wide-eyed.
Meigumii
purplemonkeyz
*gasp* I'm a big fan of Incorporated!! surprised heart

xD Just felt like putting that.

We should start a fanclub for Majah-san's fanfics whee heart

Oh my. We should. surprised
Majah
I love you guys. crying heart
I love you, too! =^w^=

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:

"Incorporated"
by Majah

:Chapter Eighteen:
"Meeting Secretly, Regularly"
[ Link in FF.net ]

It had been quite some time after the train had passed by, but neither the white convertible nor the black Mercedes drove towards the other side of the track.

Sakura was gripping the steering wheel hard. She had been preparing herself to look straight at lilac orbs not amber ones. She gaped as she stared at Li Syaoran’s amused eyes.

“Well?” He impatiently said.

“Well what!” Sakura unbelievably replied. “You’re the one who just popped out of no where…not me.”

“Hmmm?” He anchored his hand below his chin. “For all I care, it’s you that popped out of no where. I was just being the polite one as to greet you first.” He looked serious by frowning down at her but his eyes was giving away the fact that he was trying too hard in hiding his laughter.

Sakura scowled. “Who do you think you are…looking down at me like that?” She snottily turned her head away. “Oh…yeah…I forgot…you’re a ‘Li’.” She made a taunting face while she said his last name.

This time, the chestnut-haired man frowned for real. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Oh...I don’t know, Li…maybe you should ask yourself that.” She blinked innocently back at him.

He narrowed his eyes. “Are you trying to start something with me, Kinomoto?”

“I don’t know…you tell me.” She haughtily said.

For the next few minutes, both of them just glared at each other. They would have remained like that if not for the sound of someone clearing his throat inside the black car.

“Umm…I hate to interrupt this lovely moment…” A man wearing glasses beside Li Syaoran sarcastically spoke. “…but other people might want to use this road and they might be piling up any moment now…so maybe perhaps we could continue these enchanting glares somewhere else?”

“You’re right as usual, Eriol.” The chestnut-haired man replied and straightened the way he sat.

Eriol? Sakura thought. She leaned forward a little to get a better view of the man driving the Mercedes. He looked lean and quite good-looking. He had this sophisticated aura which was accented by his black-rimmed glasses. He sounded young but Sakura made a fast observation that he might be older than Li Syaoran.

“Hiiragizawa Eriol…just in case you’re wondering.” The man smiled at her. “But you’re welcome to call me ‘Eriol’.”

His name rang a bell inside Sakura’s head. Hiiragizawa Eriol…Hoe! So this is Li Syaoran’s famous lawyer. I’ve heard many things about this man... Unfortunately, they were not all good. Nevertheless, the man politely introduced himself to her so she should reply to him.

“Kinomoto Sakura.” She said plainly.

“And I’m Li Syaoran.” The chestnut-haired man said with great annoyance.

Sakura stared at him unbelievingly then rolled her eyes.

“What?” He asked irritatingly.

“I already know who you are, Li. You don’t have to keep reminding me.” She retorted.

“Well, you did claim that before last night…you don’t have any idea who I really am.” He said with a smirk.

“Hoe! What do you mean “I did claim”? Don’t tell me you are still harboring the idea that I planned all of this!” She angrily asked him.

“Well, you can’t blame me…it’s not like I can just trust a Kinomoto.” He remarked.

Sakura scowled once more. “And what makes you think I trust a Li!”

Eriol sighed. This could take long. Heaven knew how large Syaoran’s cellphone bill had become ever since he started to call Agatha, IRL. And these petty arguments were the cause of most of it. Of course, it didn’t involve the “Kinomoto” or “Li” parts but arguments were still arguments.

“People…” The lawyer interrupted once more, but this time with an authoritative tone. “…I would like to remind that we are still denying the public their rightful access to this road…?” Thank goodness it is still an early hour of the morning…or else, this kind of scene would be eye-candy for the loving residents of this small subdivision. He added to himself.

“Your lawyer’s right.” Sakura faced forward again and looked at the railroad tracks in front. “Do you want something, Li? Surely there is a reason for delaying me this long.”

“What makes you think I want something…” Syaoran started to say but Eriol cut in; much to the other man’s surprise.

YES…he has a reason for delaying you, although, I’m not aware what it was yet…but I’m sure he definitely has a reason.” The lawyer said.

“Hey! Aren’t you supposed to be on my side?” The chestnut-haired man exclaimed.

“All of us will be stuck here all day if I don’t do something.” Eriol tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. “Now…stop beating around the bush and tell her whatever it was you wanted to say to her.”

“Fine…” Syaoran said grumpily and took a deep breath as he started arranging his thoughts.

“Well?” Sakura raised a brow.

“It’s…umm…” The man stammered. “…I...um…”

She looked at him weirdly.

“Don’t tell me, you made me break a traffic regulation for …’I…umm’s !” Eriol mimicked his friend’s last words.

“Eriol, you’re starting to be a pain!”

“Oh…am I?” The lawyer sarcastically looked at him.

This time it was Sakura’s turn to interrupt. “Guys!” She said in a rather forceful voice. “I don’t have all day.” She remarked when she finally got both men’s attention.

Eriol gestured for Syaoran to go on.

“Alright already.” Then he leaned on the car window to address Sakura more clearly. “Well that’s the thing…I need your day.”

What?” Both Sakura and Eriol exclaimed.

Syaoran glared at his friend; giving him a silent warning to back off. This, in return made Eriol raise his hands in defiance. The chestnut-haired man focused his attention back to the lady in the convertible whose emerald eyes were filled with confusion.

“I need your day.” He repeated.

“I’m not sure I understand what you are saying, Li.” She replied.

“Okay…then let’s start with something simple.” He cleared his throat. “Are you doing anything this morning?”

“Yes…as a matter of fact, I am quite busy. I am actually on my way to an appointment right now…I won’t be here if you haven’t kept me this long.” She said accusingly at him.

“I see.” Then, he asked again. “Is that appointment of yours…of grave importance?”

“I don’t think I need to answer your every question…but since this particular appointment has something to do with you…I will answer it. Yes…it is of ‘grave importance’… as you termed it.”

“Oh? If it involves me, don’t you think I have the right know it as well?”

Sakura doesn’t really feel prolonging their conversation for it had proved to be very exhausting. If she keeps up like this with him, she won’t have anything left for her bestfriend. So she decided to tell him straight out.

“I’m going over to my bestfriend’s house to explain our little situation.” She said blandly.

“With Tomoyo?” Eriol suddenly asked.

Both Sakura and Syaoran looked at him in surprise.

“You know her bestfriend?” The other man inquired. The lady just stared at him in disbelief for addressing Tomoyo by her first name.

“We’ve met more than once…yes.” The lawyer said casually, but his eyes glinted; remembering his own mischief with the lady.

“Funny…Tomoyo never mentioned anything about you.” Sakura said with a frown.

“Yeah…funny you never mentioned anything to me about her either.” Syaoran narrowed his eyes, but his lips started to form into a smile.

“Well…it was really not that important.” Eriol answered. “Just a couple of unforeseen incidents.”

“And what exactly are these…’unforeseen incidents’ that seemed to have gotten you in first name basis with my friend?” Sakura vigilantly asked. She was also starting to get worried. Why hadn’t Tomoyo said anything to her about this man? Had she been too preoccupied with InterVEST and Damaski-is that she neglected her own bestfriend?

At the corner back from where their cars came from, a truck started to emerge. It was obvious that it was going to take the same route by the railroad tracks as they did. This caught Syaoran’s eyes at the rear view mirror.

“I’m sure my dear friend, Eriol has some very good explanation, but for now I would very much like to consider his previous suggestion earlier in taking this conversation somewhere else.” The chestnut-haired man pointed at the approaching truck.

“But…” Sakura started to say. “…you’re crazy if you think I’ll go with you.”

“Well, you don’t have any choice.” Syaoran said. “Don’t you want to know how someone who’s very close with a Li got involved with someone very close to you?”

“That’s not fair! You’re using him as an excuse.” Sakura accusingly remarked.

“Yes. I am using him.” Syaoran directly said.

She opened her mouth in disbelief. “I can’t believe you hurriedly admitted that!”

“There is no point in denying it, Kinomoto. Now may I remind you…railroad…truck…fast approaching?” He looked at her questioningly. Eriol, on the other hand, just shook his head. It was so ‘Li Syaoran’ to jump into opportunities even though he has no previous knowledge of the details in question.

“Okay fine…where do you want to go?” Sakura finally gave in.

The chestnut-haired man smiled triumphantly. “There is a vacant parking lot not far from here. Let’s just drive over there and continue this conversation. I’m sure your bestfriend won’t mind waiting for a few more minutes.”

“Fine…fine.” She said nonchalantly.

“Good.” He nodded. “After you.”

“Hmph.” And with that Sakura stepped on the gas and drove towards the said place.

Syaoran rolled up his window and patted Eriol on the arm. “You got some explaining to do.” He said in a serious tone.

The lawyer changed gears and started to follow the white top-down car in front of them. “It seems like it.” He said with a smile.

“Yamazaki! Which part of ‘I DON’T WANT YOU HERE ANYMORE’ don’t you understand!” A young woman in her early twenties shouted at a disheveled man wearing a worn out denim jacket.
“Oh come on, Chiharu…surely you don’t really mean that.” He smiled goofily at her.

“Don’t ‘oh come on’ ‘oh come on’ me. I’ve had it with you! I’m tired of these…these…” She violently waved a couple of tabloid pages in front of his face. “…LIES!” Then she threw the papers on his face.

“It’s not like they are about you, Chiharu.” He said in his defense.

“It may not be about me, but they are about other people who supposedly have decent lives. And look at what you are doing to them? Spreading false rumors just to add controversy to that blasted tabloid you work for!” She remarked angrily as she pushed box after box of the man’s belongings out of her apartment.

“Controversy sells, my dear, and you know it. This tabloid you’ve been cursing puts food on the table.” Yamazaki retorted back.

“I’d rather starve to death than to continue to benefit from that maggot.” She firmly said and continued throwing his things out at him.

Yamazaki tried to catch every piece of his belongings but his girlfriend was hurling them with such tenacity that most of them ended up landing on the sidewalk. “Are you telling me that we are actually breaking up just because I work for a tabloid? I’m sorry then…if I’m not some rich guy that has his own company.”

This made the woman stop for a while. She stood up squarely and looked at the man standing at the steps before the door. “You still don’t get it, do you?” She spoke to him with sad eyes. “I don’t need a wealthy man…I don’t care if you are as poor as a mouse. All I ask is for a good honest man….someone who can support his words with facts and determination. Someone who fights for what he believed were true…someone that was like you...years ago.”

Yamazaki placed both of his hands on his hips and glanced down at his feet. “Chiharu…I cannot bring the past back.”

“Who says you can’t?” She asked hopefully.

I can’t.” He purposely avoided her eyes. “Too much damage had been done to my reputation.”

“You are only adding damage to that reputation of yours by working for that stupid tabloid!”

“That tabloid is the only one that took me in! I admit that they invent quite indecent things about prominent people, but hey that’s life…the readers love it and it sells.”

“And due to that, you also leaned in inventing lies about people.” She said placing her arms across her chest.

Yamazaki just shrugged.

“I’m surprised, Yamazaki…that you’re not in jail for slander or libel.”

“Hey…that’s another nice thing about the tabloid. They take care of these legal issues quite efficiently.” He replied with a smirk.

“Ugh!” Chiharu shook her head and continued dumping his things at him.

“Chiharu…” Yamazaki whined. “I can never be the reporter I once was.”

“Then I can never love you the way I once did.” She said as she shoved the last of belongings at him.

“You can’t do this to me, Chiharu. You just can’t.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes…really.”

“Then watch me.” And with that she slammed the door on his face and locked it without another word.

“Chiharu…oh come on, Chiharu!” Yamazaki continued to knock on the door but there was no answer.

Finally, he gave up and stared at his things scattered on the sidewalk. A shirt of his even laid hanging on a branch of a nearby tree. From across the street, he saw neighbors peering at their windows with curious eyes as they watched their little scene.

He tapped his foot impatiently and frowned at them. This made the neighbors go back to whatever it was they were doing.

Great…just great…

Yamazaki slumped down at the doorsteps and raffled his messy hair. “Neighbors...” He cursed under his breath and scratched his unshaven chin.

At that early hour of the morning, children were already in school, and the only ones left were their parents who were preparing to go to work. Overall, the surroundings were peaceful and quiet. He wouldn’t be surprised if people from a block away heard his and Chiharu’s argument.

He heaved a sigh and contemplated for a moment. It was obvious that his girlfriend doesn’t want him any longer. He once again surveyed the perimeter and brushed a hand on his face.

No use in sulking. He thought. Sooner or later, I know that this is going to happen. I can’t expect a nice respectable girl like Chiharu to stick with an embarrassment like me.

With another sigh, he started picking up his belongings. Fortunately, Chiharu had been kind enough to provide him with boxes, so all he had to do now was to toss everything from one box to another.

A few minutes more and he was done. He looked up at the apartment’s window for one last time, but sadly, there was no pretty face looking out.

“I guess…this is it.” He whispered. He reached down and picked up a box and then another. There were still two boxes on the ground but he couldn’t carry any more. He decided to leave them there for now. He only took the ones that contained some important stuff.

What’s left of the important ones, that is. He snorted to himself.

“Well…goodbye to you, Chiharu.” Yamazaki mumbled. “May you find a more worthy man than I could ever be.”

Inside him, it stung a bit, but he shook his head to brush off the feeling.

No use in sulking…no use in sulking. He reminded himself.

And with that, he started to briskly walk towards where he left his rundown jeep…a few blocks away, under a birch tree near an unused parking lot.

Sakura was glaring at the man inside the Mercedes. By this time, both cars were parked in what seemed to be a dirty vacant parking lot. She had passed by this place every now and then. She learned from Tomoyo that it was no longer in use and hardly anyone goes there since the fence which surrounded it was rickety and the shrubs had been long unattended.
“It seems that this is a good place to talk.” The chestnut-haired man remarked; purposely ignoring her glares.

“Very isolated.” The blue-eyed driver of the black car nodded.

“Stop stalling, you two!” She exclaimed and darted piercing glances at both men.

Syaoran’s lips twitched into a smile. “You sure don’t look as sweet as I perceived you to be. And here I was thinking that the Kinomoto heiress was not even capable of shouting at someone with that innocent expression and lovely emerald eyes.”

Sakura felt her cheeks grew hot a little. She knew that he meant that she was different from how people saw her, but she couldn’t ignore the fact that someone thought her eyes were lovely. It was not like people never complimented her before. It was just the fact that it was Li Syaoran who actually said it.

It doesn’t help either that he started gazing intensely at her. They were properly parked and the view of each other’s cars was clearer. Being out like this in the open, especially in a tap-down convertible, was making her uneasy.

Concentrate, Sakura! She scolded herself. This is not the time to get nervous about little things. Be the Agatha he had known you to be!

“Now that you’ve realized that…get over it.” She hissed at him.

“Touchy…touchy…does your father and brother know about this side of yours?” He asked.

“That is none of your business.” She met his stare squarely and mustered all her might to lock gaze with those amber eyes.

This was the first time she had looked so closely at Li Syaoran; straight and unblinking. Last night, the room was too dark to actually study the other person. A chance in the hallway was not probable either because both of them were too preoccupied in planning what to do next to be even thinking about such a thing.

But now…Sakura couldn’t help but to notice the details she paid no heed before on their family’s archenemy.

He appeared really young to be someone who owned such a vast empire. His eyes were quite alert and strict but she noticed a glint of exhaustion in them. Strangely enough, she could feel herself starting to get lost on those amber stones. Somehow…she felt warm with her uneasiness slowly drowning away…

“Perhaps, I should say how I had gotten acquainted with Miss Tomoyo?” Eriol suddenly remarked.

“What?” Both Sakura and Syaoran said in unison. Surprisingly, the question came out in almost a whisper from both individuals who were still gazing at each other’s eyes.

This caused the lawyer’s brow to shot up. “Am I interrupting something…just now?” He asked in an amused tone.

The Li and the Kinomoto glanced at him with unreadable faces. Both gave him the impression that they don’t seem to know who he was. All three were silent for a while.

“I guess I was interrupting something.” Eriol finally concluded with a chuckle.

Both blinked at him; a couple of times more before realizing what the lawyer meant.

It was Sakura who riveted her gaze first and pretended to reach for her cellphone. Syaoran, on the other hand, cleared his throat.

“I think you should tell us how you get to meet Kinomoto’s bestfriend.” The chestnut-haired businessman remarked.

“That’s what I’ve been planning to do but both of you kept ignoring me.” Eriol replied while pretending to give him a ‘hurt’ look.

Syaoran, who seemed to be back in his old self, shot him a deadly glare in return. This only made the lawyer to chuckle some more, but then he knew what it was best for him to do, so he eventually raised his hands in defiance. He was doing this quite often that day anyway.

“I’ve met Tomoyo for the first time in the airport.” He started to narrate.

“In the airport?” Sakura asked. She can’t believe she let herself space out like that. But no matter, like the other man, she was back to her old vigilant self.

“I believe…she had quite a trouble with customs…imported textiles, I think…if my memory serves me right.” Eriol supplemented.

Textiles? Airport?

“Hoe! You mean the new goods from Constantine!” Sakura remembered the day Tomoyo had to leave Marianas Isle to attend to some shipment problem.

“The very ones.” The lawyer confirmed. “I knew a high-ranked official within customs, so I gave your dear friend hand.”

Sakura couldn’t believe her ears. “You helped Tomoyo?”

“Yes.”

“Did you know who she was back then?” She asked once more.

“Yes.” Eriol said again.

“…and her connection with the Kimonotos?”

“Yes.”

“And you still helped her?” It was Syaoran’s turn to ask.

“Yup.” The lawyer nodded.

“You’re lying!” Sakura blurted out.

“No, I’m not. Actually, you can ask her and she will tell you exactly the same thing.”

“I can’t believe that someone this close to a Li actually helped someone close to my family!” She exclaimed.

“Well I can’t believe that someone in your family is actually married to a Li…” Eriol retorted with a knowing smile. “…online.”

“Hey! That’s not fair!” Sakura argued. “I didn’t know that Damaski-is is actually a Li!”

“Oh but you did know!” Eriol snapped his fingers. “…the very last minute…you knew the truth and still went on ahead.”

Sakura opened her mouth and then closed them again. She didn’t know what to say to the guy. He seemed to have a rebuttal in everything she said.

In the midst of it all, Syaoran just kept looking from one person to another. He doesn’t know whether to get mad or to laugh or to cry. The exchange just made him realize more of the impact of what he and Agatha just did.

What he and Kinomoto Sakura just did. He corrected himself.

“You!” The emerald-eyed girl suddenly turned her attention to him. “Aren’t you going to say something?”

Syaoran once again propped his hand under his chin and looked down at her in the convertible. “He is my abominable lawyer. It will be useless to try to win against him in an argument.”

“Ugh…I can’t believe this! You’re actually submitting to him?” Sakura gaped. “Aren’t you suppose to be the ‘great Li Syaoran’” She purposely used a taunting tone for her last set of words.

Syaoran frowned. “No, I am not. Don’t you start assuming what I do or not do, Princess. You know nothing about me.”

“Then what are you doing!” It was obvious that Sakura was getting enraged.

“Oh this is too entertaining.” Eriol remarked with a grin.

“I am just letting him state the facts.” Syaoran said calmly.

“The facts…” She murmured.

“Yes, the facts.” The chestnut-haired man sighed. “The fact that we still agreed to go through with everything despite knowing that the other belongs to a family that is ‘not in good terms with the other’…”

Completely hostile with each other, Li.” Sakura pointed out.

“I am trying my best to shine some light here, Kinomoto.” Syaoran gritted his teeth. “Be considerate.”

“Fine.” She said.

He nodded and continued enumerating. “The fact that my friend seemed to be an acquaintance of your bestfriend and actually helped her out…”

“We also ate lunch together after that.” Eriol suddenly butted in.

This made both Sakura and Syaoran look at him with startled eyes.

“It was lunch time back then…or rather …past lunch time…but neither of us had anything to eat so it was only expected for us to dine somewhere.” The lawyer said thoughtfully.

“I am so…so…going to check this with Tomoyo later on.” Sakura remarked with unbelieving eyes.

“Erm…” Syaoran weirdly looked at the man beside him.

“What?” Eriol said innocently.

The chestnut-haired man leaned closer to his friend and whispered. “You didn’t….by any chance…tried to hit on that Daidouji dame, did you?”

“N—o….” The lawyer diverted his gaze to the dashboard.

“Damn it, Eriol.” Syaoran cursed under his breath; making sure that the girl in the other car couldn’t hear what he was saying. “You did hit on her!”

“I did not.” (- .-)

“Oh really…then why can’t you look at me straight on the face!”

“Hey! What are you two whispering about over there?” Sakura’s voice interrupted their exchange. “That better not be about Tomoyo!”

“Of course, it’s not.” Eriol answered with a smile. “Syaoran just remembered a SkyLark issue that needs to be dealt with ASAP. I think this is the reason why we’ve kept you from your appointment for this long.” He continuously lied.

Smooth, Eriol…smooth. Syaoran thought as he shook his head. The man was such a playboy. He didn’t even let the bestfriend of his enemy pass.

“What issue?” Sakura frowned. Her voice became serious. “Did something go wrong in buying out initial stocks? I’m sure everything was planned out quite well for the next 72 hours.”

Syaoran was surprised to see the sudden change of demeanor on the Kinomoto’s side. For a moment there, she looked like she had forgotten whatever it was they had been arguing about and suddenly grew worried about SkyLark’s whereabouts. . The warm feeling of someone other than himself had gotten attached to a project that he had dreamt for so long, overwhelmed him.

He smiled inwardly. He finally saw her.

He saw Agatha.

“That is correct.” He nodded. “It was all carefully planned out for the next 72 hours, but what about after that?”

“What do you mean?” She blinked up at him. “Once we started buying the foundations for SkyLark, everything will follow. The well-oiled machine will start functioning.”

“I am not actually…contented with that.” He said.

“Hoe?”

“You have businesses which belonged to opposite industries as mine. So by merging both our assets…it would be like SkyLark owning something from each industry.” Syaoran started to explain.

Oh boy…now I’m starting to get left out. Eriol chuckled inwardly. I’m forgotten. Damaski-is and Agatha had taken over. Goodbye to Kinomoto and Li.

“Isn’t that the plan?” Sakura asked.

“I want more.” The chestnut-haired man stated.

“Explain…’more’” She narrowed her eyes at him.

“Having this kind of setup enabled SkyLark to own a few of that new city’s real life establishments…but not all of it.”

“Meaning…?”

“I want to take over that new InterVEST city.” Syaoran said with determination.

“WHAT?” Sakura exclaimed.

“You heard me.”

“But you can’t just take over everything, Li.”

“Who says I can’t?” He looked at her challengingly.

Sakura tilted her head for a moment as she considered what the man was suggesting. It was not really impossible…only hard to do. Very…very hard.

“You are aware that normal people that may hear you will think that you are crazy.” She pointed out.

“Yes…but then again…lucky me coz neither of us is normal.” He said to her with a plotter’s dark grin.

Sakura was once again silent. Her mind started to weigh the pros and cons of the whole thing.

“This will take more analysis, Li.” She finally deduced. “Another set of steps on which real life establishment to buy out first that will cause a chain reaction for the rest of the businesses.”

“Exactly...that is why…I need your day.” Syaoran repeated his earlier statement.

Sakura looked at him thoughtfully. It was clear that this man was dead serious. The Li aura was gone. She couldn’t feel a trace of the archenemy heir whose reputation often preceded him.

For now…she saw him.

She saw Helroi Damaski-is.

And with this, everything became the usual. It was like talking to someone she had known for quite some time.

Yet this time…without the monitor…without the keyboard…without any electronic device between us. She told herself.

“Just plain air.” Sakura murmured.

“Excuse me?” The man asked.

She laughed a little before answering. “Nothing.”

“No…you laughed. It must be something.” He insisted.

“It’s not important.” She lazily looked at him. She drummed her fingers on her car’s door as she spoke. “I’m going to do a quick observation here…if I may.”

“Go ahead. You currently have my time.”

“Well, that’s the thing.” Sakura started. “You seem to have all your time. I mean, no one will exactly look for you or check on you if you suddenly disappeared. You are independent, Li…very much unlike me. You see…no one in my family knows about my utter addiction to InterVEST. As far as they know, I only logged in the game every now and then to past time…and nothing more. Even my boyfriend, whom I just found out recently, turned out to be Tavenzouh, doesn’t know either. I bet no matter how good-natured my Yukito seemed to be, he would throw fit when he finds out I’m married to Damaski-is.”

Syaoran cringed at the mention of Tavenzouh’s name, but he opted not to say a word about him just not to break the lady’s calm flow of thought.

“My life comprises of home, friend’s house, family events, family tours, boyfriend dates…those stuffs and all of them are known by either my brother or my father. Meaning, I can’t just disappear for a whole day without them knowing where I am. So I can’t just give you a day, Li. Do you understand what I am saying?”

“I see.” Syaoran rubbed his chin as he thought of everything for a while. “But you are on your way to Daidouji’s house, correct?”

“Yes. I was about to explain to her our little situation.” She confirmed.

“Is it wise to tell her about us?” He asked. “Less people who knew…the better.”

“I have no choice. She saw me before…talking to you…online.” Sakura’s shoulders drooped down.

“Really?”

“Yeah…well…she saw ‘Damaski-is’ talking to me. So when you got announced in the event as ‘Damaski-is’, she went pale. I thought she’s going to blurt everything out, but thank goodness she didn’t.” She said recalling the previous night’s events. “So you see, aside from the fact the she’s my bestfriend and that I owe her an explanation…it would be good for both of us that she got informed and remained quiet about the whole thing.”

“Now…isn’t this much better than having petty arguments. I wonder why the two of you didn’t have this kind of conversation earlier.” Eriol suddenly butted in.

Sakura was about to say a nasty retort to the lawyer but Syaoran spoke even before she can.

Don’t start, Eriol.” He said firmly. He didn’t shout nor raised his voice. It was just a plain authoritative tone which seemed to have dismissed the presence of the other man in an instant.

“Is she aware that you are going over there, now?” Syaoran continued to say.

Sakura blinked. She was awed on how serious the man looked that she decided not to make any informal comment. He wasn’t looking at her, but instead he was looking at something in front of him as if deep in thought.

“No…I wasn’t able to tell her last night that I’m going to visit her. I just thought I should just wake her up first thing in the morning.” Sakura answered.

“I see.” Was the only thing the other man said.

Sakura gazed intently at Li Syaoran who was currently too occupied with what he was thinking to notice. She rested her head on the car window frame with her arms as cushion.

“You may have my day, Li…” Her emerald eyes faintly sparkled. “…if you can device a plan or an excuse to tell my family, boyfriend and bestfriend.”

“How often does Tsukishiro check up on you?” He asked straightforwardly.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…he is you boyfriend, isn’t he? Surely…he calls you everyday or every hour or whatever.” He remarked with slight irritation.

“Hoe…umm…He calls randomly. It depends actually…if he and Oni-chan are in a project…it’s okay for me if he doesn’t call for a day or two…or more…” She replied.

Syaoran snorted. “You’re kidding, right?”

“No…” Sakura looked confused. “Why would I kid around? I’m trying to answer your questions honestly, Li.”

“Seriously…I mean… a day or two…or more? What if he doesn’t call for weeks?”

“If he’s really busy…I understand.” She said thoughtfully. “But that rarely happens.”

For a moment there, Syaoran got annoyed of the thought of any man depriving himself of talking to this emerald-eyed creature before him.

What kind of boyfriend is that? If she was mine, I would call her everyday…even sneak some time off work…and… Holy s**t…what I am thinking! Syaoran shook his head to erase the thoughts.

“What’s the matter? Are you alright?” She asked; bewildered on the change of his body language.

“Erm…yeah...of course.” He cleared his throat. It would have been okay if his little conscience didn’t speak again.

You are already calling her everyday…ever since she started using voice chat on you during that chat meeting in Ilgoin city. It said accusingly at him. And you have a large cell phone bill to prove it.

“How about you go with Syaoran now, and I’ll just pick up Tomoyo.” Eriol suggested out of no where.

“Hoe!”

“That’s a great idea, Eriol! Finally…you have proved yourself to be useful in our little dilemma!” Syaoran exclaimed. Inside he was also grateful that Eriol’s words interrupted his thoughts.

“Don’t tell me that you and Tomoyo are close enough that she will just agree to come with you!”

“No…I don’t think she would gladly come with me.” The lawyer replied.

“And here I was thinking that the two of you might be closer since you seemed to be in first name basis with her.” Syaoran said.

“There is another story about that first name thing…but…” He motioned a halt finger at Sakura. “…I think you should find that out directly from her and not from me.”

“Good point. I haven’t sat down and talked to her for quite a while now.” She agreed.

“So if Miss Daidouji wouldn’t just agree to come with you, Eriol….then I suggest you call her, Kinomoto.” Syaoran commented.

“Hoe! What would I say to her? That your lawyer is going to pick her up? I think she’d freak out.”

“You don’t need to tell her about me.” Eriol said with a devious smile.

“Huh?” Sakura blinked. “I’m not sure I understand.”

Syaoran, on the other hand, was ten steps ahead and reading his friend’s trail of thoughts. “Marvelous, Eriol! Just marvelous!”

“?” Question marks flew around Sakura’s head.

“Just tell her that you are coming to pick her up….perhaps have lunch later on.” Eriol nodded. You can almost hear the ticking of the inner works of his mind.

“But I thought…I’m going with Li now?”

“Eriol will drive your car.” Syaoran answered for his lawyer.

“Hoe!”

“Then I’ll take Eriol’s car and you come with me.” The chestnut-haired man added.

“Good thing both cars are tinted.” The lawyer remarked in a casual tone, but his eyes were starting to give away a mischievous sparkle. It was a good thing that Sakura was on Syaoran’s side of the car to even notice it.

“We’re going to switch cars!”

“Y-u-p.” And with that Syaoran got off the black Mercedes and leaned on Sakura’s white top-down, much to the girl’s surprise.

“Wait! What are you doing?” She said in slight panic tone.

“I am pulling your car’s top back, so Eriol will be concealed when he picks up your bestfriend.” By this time, even Syaoran has a glint of deviousness in his eyes.

“But…but…” Sakura stammered, but it was too late. Syaoran’s hand was fast.

“No ‘but’s, Princess…you said I can have your day if I provide you with a plan and an excuse. So far, your family won’t be looking for you…knowing that you are with your bestfriend. But to make everything plausible…you need to be with her…so to solve our problems for this day….we just simply need to take her with us. You can explain everything to her along the way, too. That will be hitting two birds in one stone, don’t you think?”

The top of Sakura’s white convertible was restored and the windows were pulled up. Syaoran reached for the driver’s side door and opened it.

“Shall we go? Or are you breaking your word, Kinomoto?” He looked at her challengingly.

“I am true to my word, Li.” She stepped out of her car and faced him squarely.

“Good.” Syaoran smiled darkly at her.

“It would take more than a day to pull this one.” She relayed her deduction.

“I realized that. Actually, the most convenient thing to do is to meet regularly and to discuss our strategies, but as for today, my only goal is to get you to come with me and plan on ahead. We’ll discuss our next set of meetings later.” He said to her. “Plus, I would also like to tell you something, Kinomoto.”

“What is it?”

“My family knows that I am greatly involved with InterVEST. My identity as Helroi Damaski-is is currently public knowledge. But…no one knows who you really are…nor my involvement with you….a Kinomoto. If my family founds out about this…I would probably get disowned. So don’t you dare go on thinking that you are the only one risking a lot in this deal.”

“You’re even risking to get disowned for SkyLark, Li Syaoran?” She asked him with a slight smirk.

“I would risk anything for SkyLark, Kinomoto Sakura. Even my own life near an enemy.” He answered her intensely.

“Then I guess…your secret…is my secret…and my secret …is your secret.” She said as she looked up at the man standing before her. Her emerald orbs tried to seek a mutual pact from his amber eyes.

Syaoran placed a hand on top of the hood of the white car and leaned on it; making his face only inches away from Sakura’s as he spoke. “If you deal with me within InterVEST, Princess…I would like to remind you that we will eventually go on role-playing as the married couple we are supposed to be within the game. So I suggest that you get used to the fact that there are no longer… a ‘my’ and a ‘your’.”

“There aren’t?” She said in a small voice.

“None…” He moved closer. “…because there can only be an ‘ours’. Remember that.”

On the other side of the black Mercedes, Eriol sighed for the nth time. Great…I’m nonexistent once again. He thought to himself as he started walking towards the other car.

Not far from the parking lot, a man wearing a disheveled denim jacket was crouching with a non-flash camera on his hand behind an overgrown shrub. He focused his lens on the scene before him. He was too far away to hear what they were talking about, but he only knew one thing.

Anything that involved a Li and a Kinomoto together…was a scoop of the century.

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I finally able to post things here....finally caught up. blaugh
Majah

3nodding Wee ~

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Laine_Purple
Majah

3nodding Wee ~

Laine...are you a reviewer in ff.net? If so...what's the nick you used over therE?
Majah
Laine_Purple
Majah

3nodding Wee ~

Laine...are you a reviewer in ff.net? If so...what's the nick you used over therE?

hmm ~ nope ~ hehe ~ 4laugh
Yay! You caught up already. whee
Caught up yay! whee

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Laine_Purple
Majah
Laine_Purple
Majah

3nodding Wee ~

hmm ~ nope ~ hehe ~ 4laugh

Oh so you just found out about it here in gaia? wink Thought you were someone in ff.net.

Empyreal : what about you? are you someone from ff.net or here in gaia?

Mei: Yeah...finally caught up. Dang...I was suppose to write last night but I have a terrible headache. sheesh....I must update before I go on my trip (which is within two days. gonk )
I actually read your ficcie in ff.net. I don't have username/log in name there, but I reviewed your last chapter as Empyreal Entity. >.>; I don't usually do that. I usually use a different name which is not mine (BriAnna)... weird? Yes, I know I am. o.o;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff