Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
I'm a proud independent for the reason that both parties aggravate me. Most conservatives I see on TV or in the paper are just down right dumb and most liberals that I see the same way are paranoid. Now, I tend to lean to the left because in order to progress and get better, change is a necessary thing. Would I vote a republican this election? Only if it was Chris Christie. He said in an interview on the Daily Show, "Republicans and Democrats have to work together. Of course we will disagree, but we have to work together to do what's best for the American People." FINALLY. Someone gets it. On the democratic side, I'm with Bernie Sanders all the way. Yeah, free healthcare would raise taxes to the extreme, but sacrifices have to be made to progress. Besides, no one should go into surgery (or anything else of the sort) and have to come out worrying about a $50,000 bill. No one should make money on someone else's suffering.

So, with all that said, I guess the short answer is yes, but only if they have some common sense.
Silver Ace Revolver
I'm a proud independent for the reason that both parties aggravate me. Most conservatives I see on TV or in the paper are just down right dumb and most liberals that I see the same way are paranoid. Now, I tend to lean to the left because in order to progress and get better, change is a necessary thing. Would I vote a republican this election? Only if it was Chris Christie. He said in an interview on the Daily Show, "Republicans and Democrats have to work together. Of course we will disagree, but we have to work together to do what's best for the American People." FINALLY. Someone gets it. On the democratic side, I'm with Bernie Sanders all the way. Yeah, free healthcare would raise taxes to the extreme, but sacrifices have to be made to progress. Besides, no one should go into surgery (or anything else of the sort) and have to come out worrying about a $50,000 bill. No one should make money on someone else's suffering.

So, with all that said, I guess the short answer is yes, but only if they have some common sense.

does it make sense that a doctor, who goes to school for exactly the same number of hours as 100 other students, studies just as hard, can charge you 100 times as much per hour? Then again, our society is too tangled to ********. It's just a mess. Like that day I heard a guy talking about his job. Getting paid a bloody fortune to pull a lever. Every time he pulled the lever, he got a couple hours wage. He had a big box of these things he stuck in the machine for aerospace. He pulled the lever. Took him seconds to switch from one component to the next. Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Over and over. I'm guessing someone figured out they could spend 200 grand on a robot to replace his a** and still come out ahead.

When you move up the economic food chain in today's society, you always find these gaping holes that basically imply someone is getting unfairly rich and someone else down the line is suffering disproportionately. Not to mention most of the jobs today are fake. They don't produce anything. They just manage people who analyze other people's numbers which are analysis of other people's products. It's basically feng shui people skills with manhattan distance. Certainly there's a gallon of BS to swallow to qualify, and plenty of dicks to suck to get hired, but for example, the data chics at the nearest medical clinic just sit there and chat about gossip on the phone and play video games. That's what they do. That's what most people do.

There are billions of people on earth who's whole jobs are basically a scam.
If the alternative is voting for Hillary then I might consider it for the first time in my life.
Michael Noire
Silver Ace Revolver

does it make sense that a doctor, who goes to school for exactly the same number of hours as 100 other students, studies just as hard, can charge you 100 times as much per hour? Then again, our society is too tangled to ********. It's just a mess. Like that day I heard a guy talking about his job. Getting paid a bloody fortune to pull a lever. Every time he pulled the lever, he got a couple hours wage. He had a big box of these things he stuck in the machine for aerospace. He pulled the lever. Took him seconds to switch from one component to the next. Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Over and over. I'm guessing someone figured out they could spend 200 grand on a robot to replace his a** and still come out ahead.

When you move up the economic food chain in today's society, you always find these gaping holes that basically imply someone is getting unfairly rich and someone else down the line is suffering disproportionately. Not to mention most of the jobs today are fake. They don't produce anything. They just manage people who analyze other people's numbers which are analysis of other people's products. It's basically feng shui people skills with manhattan distance. Certainly there's a gallon of BS to swallow to qualify, and plenty of dicks to suck to get hired, but for example, the data chics at the nearest medical clinic just sit there and chat about gossip on the phone and play video games. That's what they do. That's what most people do.

Doctor's don't go to school for the exact same amount of time as 100 other students, and a LOT of the answer comes down to what are their degrees in?
A doctor will do twelve years of high school, four years of college, THEN four years of medical school, then will be an intern/residency, which can last from one to four more years to complete.
Then they get the wonderful advantage of having to carry malpractice insurance, which is far from cheap.
And lets not forget that they aren't 'pulling a lever', as you so eloquently (and vaguely) described a competing job. They are literally the difference between life and death, and misery and joy.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Shinobi Z Jetson
Xiam
Since they've degraded into "The Stupid Party," no.

They'd have to have a really ******** good candidate for that to happen. And they don't.
What makes it "The Stupid Party"?

emotion_facepalm The fact that Donald Trump is still a contender is proof enough without me having to clear out my sleep-addled brain to explain all the ******** bullshit they've got going on.
I don't vote for a party, I vote for a candidate. If there were a Republican candidate I ever liked, I would vote for that person (however, the odds of a candidate I like ever running for the GOP are pretty astronomical).

Questionable Codger

Shinobi Z Jetson
Ammo Amy
La Chocolate Bliss
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE
I don't vote Republican or Democrat. I vote for individuals I believe are qualified for the office for which they're running.

And I definitely won't vote for anyone who tells me that government is the problem and can't do anything right since electing that person is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It's interesting to note that the people who say they want smaller government tends to be the ones wanting to put more government in your bedrooms and women's vaginas.

Let me guess. You are pro-choice? Do you see yourself aborting your child one day?

What would what I do with my own body have anything do to with anything? I don't need big government wasting money by putting their noses up in my lady parts.

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ammo Amy
Shinobi Z Jetson
Ammo Amy
La Chocolate Bliss
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE
I don't vote Republican or Democrat. I vote for individuals I believe are qualified for the office for which they're running.

And I definitely won't vote for anyone who tells me that government is the problem and can't do anything right since electing that person is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It's interesting to note that the people who say they want smaller government tends to be the ones wanting to put more government in your bedrooms and women's vaginas.

Let me guess. You are pro-choice? Do you see yourself aborting your child one day?

What would what I do with my own body have anything do to with anything? I don't need big government wasting money by putting their noses up in my lady parts.

I think this guy has forgotten that trump is pro-choice, too. rolleyes

Yoshi Mitsuragi's Husband

Ammo Amy
Shinobi Z Jetson
Ammo Amy
La Chocolate Bliss
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE

Well, not allowing something isnt big government nor would there be much money spent to enforce little to no abortions.

I, also, wanted to know if you would ever see yourself doing that and if that factors in to what you believe.

When i was more pro choice, I never really saw a reason to have a girl that I had sex with and then created a kid with, to then have an abortion. So I see that I am actually more pro-life and at this point, I only really believe in abortions for rape victims.

If you were to tell me a reason that I should think about allowing abortions for women who arent rape victims, Im open to change.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
God, no! crying

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
No. I have a 158 i.Q. and decided i am going to study infectious diseases in a university. I actually have a brain and morals.

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
If they were the best option, absolutely. But I'm pretty left winged so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

4,575 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
No, I believe in equality

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Michael Noire
Silver Ace Revolver

Doctor's don't go to school for the exact same amount of time as 100 other students, and a LOT of the answer comes down to what are their degrees in?
A doctor will do twelve years of high school, four years of college, THEN four years of medical school, then will be an intern/residency, which can last from one to four more years to complete.
Then they get the wonderful advantage of having to carry malpractice insurance, which is far from cheap.
And lets not forget that they aren't 'pulling a lever', as you so eloquently (and vaguely) described a competing job. They are literally the difference between life and death, and misery and joy.

Well, this escalated quickly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces