• Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Valthier Twilight Shadow
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Valthier Twilight Shadow
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Well obviously just because you're there, that doesn't mean you support it. You could be a reporter or simply curious about their thought processes. But yeah, if you support that sort of mindset or action, you're a p***k and a bad person

The far right panders to the very religious, including the religious who use that religion negatively. The far left panders to the people who simply want as much given to them as they can. The majority of the country fall between the two, and struggle to force their chosen party to cater more to them. Most people who consider themselves republicans don't support the suppression of gays, and most people who consider themselves democrats don't support everything to be free to them. But that's what the parties move towards, with most people feeling ostracized by both sides of the isle

well, you're actually incorrect about the far left. but you seem to be showing all the signs of being right-wing yourself, so I am guessing that you have a view of the left that is coloured by right-wing propaganda. I'll just make it easy for you and tell you what's going on -- you're being lied to.

as for the right wing.... well, while most self-described conservatives/republicans don't have any problem with LGBT people, the problem isn't simply that the republican party is ignoring the voters. it's that most likely republican voters (particularly primary voters) actually do hate the LGBT. if more peopel ******** voted, both parties would get much more representative of the American populace, because, like you said, most people in America are somewhere in the middle. but most people in America also don't bother to vote. hence, super extreme party platforms.

I was raised by conservatives so I understand at least the viewpoints of my parents and of talk radio show hosts, but I haven't lived at home for years and I'm not a republican or a democrat

Lied to? How so? The far left calls for government funded everything just about

yes, it does. but what that means has been lied about by the right-wing. government-funded just-about-everything will not be a burden to the working class, or to middle-class small business owners. it is quite the opposite. when public programs are paid for by tax dollars, it is much cheaper and more efficient for every individual than if they had to pay into a private system. and, because of this, the money that people spend can go around to more things, and people will still have more disposable income which they can spend commercially, and thus keep the life-blood of the economy pumping. everyone prospers and does better off.
That's assuming a few things

1. The government's purpose is partially to supply certain things to everyone, no matter what. That's obviously true, but the issue is about where you draw the line. Is it the government's purpose to provide free education, including university? Why should my money be taken from me to pay for someone's lazy a** who won't work?

2. The government can increase taxes without dampening economic growth or development. It doesn't work like that. Raise taxes, development slows

3. The government is efficient. Compare the postal system to UPS or FedEX. Tell me the government can do a more efficient job than private companies

I think public education adn healthcare are rights that everyone deserves access to. also, the claim that the poor and working class are largely lazy, and that increased public welfare will take money away from hard-working citizens and pay for lazy jackasses who won't work to waste it is frankly ludicrous and has been shown to not be the case. we can only gain from this.

and I disagree with you that raising taxes always leads to slower economic development. history shows that increased taxation and public funding leads to increased productivity and efficiency. it comes down to what we spend our tax dollars on. if we spend our taxes on public programs, everyone prospers. if we spend it giving tax-breaks and subsidies to private interests, the very rich get richer (but unsustainably so) while everyone else gets poorer, and the economy suffers. conservatives worry so much about inflation, but they don't give a rat's a** about the spending power of the dollar. as long as the spending power increases at a faster rate than the inflation rate, we are doing better. so inflation isn't a problem if we handle the economy properly. but in order to do that, we have to regulate the corporate powers that be so that they cannot abuse the system at everyone else's expense.

and finaly, as a frequent customer of the shipping industry, I can tell you right now that the USPS is far more efficient, satisfying, and high-quality than FedEx and UPS.

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Valthier Twilight Shadow
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Valthier Twilight Shadow
My Dog Mr. Kitty
True, that's why I made it clear that it was still a very bad and immoral stance to take. Just that one was a bit worse than the other

when you are talking about killing people just because they are gay, then whether or not it's a law doesn't make it any more or less awful. ******** you.
Did I say it didn't make it awful? I actually said the exact polar opposite of that. ******** me? ******** you for ignoring what I say and presenting a straw man of what you wish I had said

you said that one was worse than the other. which means that, while both are bad, you think that if it's state-sanctioned then it isn't as bad as if it's a random vigilante.

however you wanna spin it, that's you saying that killing gays isn't as bad if it's legal. and that is an unacceptable thing for you to believe. I am sickened and horrified that you would believe that.

it is no different. it is no different whether it is legal or not. killing peopel for being gay is murder, whether it is legal or illegal.

The difference is one will never happen and the other could cause deaths within the hour

you really think it won't happen? that's really kind of you to say and think. but the problem is, people are trying to make it happen, and have been trying to make it happen for a long time. 3 of the current republican presidential candidates went to a conference where that very kind of idea -- the idea that homosexuality should be a crime punishable by death -- was literally preached. bills have been introduced to state legislatures to make homosexuality punishable by death. and conservative voters are becoming increasingly more hostile to the LGBT. so when you dismiss these threats out of hand and treat them like trivial matters, you are only making the pathway to a republican party that makes killing gays legal easier. remember, that the only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Unbeatable Lunatic

If the republican in question was a better option than his or her opponent, sure. Usually both options have some issues I find myself divided on, I may agree with a republican when it comes to gun control, but disagree when it comes to their stance on gay marriage. It depends partially on what laws will be coming up during their term, the effect voting for them will have in the long run, and a mixture of all both candidates stances on various issues.

Clean Noob

Yes I would vote republican (more conservative).

Why?

Because the republican party stands for the middle class. A free market system. The republican party works for the people. Whereas the democratic party works for themselves.

Yoshi Mitsuragi's Husband

Up until this year, I would have never in a million years have voted Republican and I live in a red state.

However, after seeing the identity politics of the left for what it is and there complete lack of recognizing Islamic terrorism, namely with Obama leading the way, I just had enough.

I looked into what voting Republican (conservative) was like and I saw that the main difference is that Democrats advocate for government programs and spending while the Republicans are against such actions, opting for more freedom.

And when it comes to how the Democrats treat things like Social Security and Medicare, among other things as though they have a blank check at a time where we are falling deeper into debt, it's delusion on all sides.

This election cycle, Bernie Sanders is the liberal darling. I was all for the guy until I saw conservative media cover him and actually began to reveal that things like free health care and education would completely bankrupt and destroy the country.

If we could pay for it, then I would be all for it but most of the people who are still for Bernie Sanders has yet to realize that estimates put just his health care initiatives at $18 trillion dollars. That would double our nation debt.

You can even see it when it comes to the right being cautions about Syrian refugees and the left trying to play a moral superiority card with the refugees.

It is strange to me, as an American, to think of protecting another country citizens at the risk of my own countries civilians. Soldiers, sure. They are there to defend the country but that is so civilians don't have to.

Then you can look at gun control... there are so many things that the left stands for that I realize that I dont care about. Hell at this point, Im even pro-life in cases that aren't rape and even then, I would support funding to help pay for abortions when it comes to rape but outside of that, if it was consensual sex between two partners, then you get what you pay for there.

Xiam
Since they've degraded into "The Stupid Party," no.

They'd have to have a really ******** good candidate for that to happen. And they don't.
What makes it "The Stupid Party"?
Not until they get the Christian conservative noose off their neck.

Liberal Raider

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
No. Because Republicans like Donald Trump are arrogant, ignorant and bigoted.

They cut funding for veterans, children and the elderly. They cut funding for the poor. They cut the social security program, which in fact, ALL of us will be using when we are old. They cut education. They cut the healthcare system. And they only cut taxes for the rich, so the wealthy can keep most of their money while not giving any to this nation's public infrastructure. If the Republican's had it their way, we wouldn't have public roads, transportation, education, libraries or hospitals. Everything would be privatized.

Only people that live in fear that the world is against them will vote Republican. And I'm not a coward.

Vote Bernie for 2016!!!! 3nodding
Shinobi Z Jetson
UThis election cycle, Bernie Sanders is the liberal darling. I was all for the guy until I saw conservative media cover him and actually began to reveal that things like free health care and education would completely bankrupt and destroy the country.

Poorer countries than the United States have had "free health care and education" and not gone bankrupt. The kind of of health care Bernie advocates would actually be cheaper, overall, than private health insurance. You are being lied to.

That beside, I don't know how you can look at the last few decades and conclude that "Democrats advocate for government programs and spending while the Republicans are against such actions, opting for more freedom."

And I can't help notice that you're OK with abortions - as long as the woman isn't a slut.

azulmagia
Shinobi Z Jetson
UThis election cycle, Bernie Sanders is the liberal darling. I was all for the guy until I saw conservative media cover him and actually began to reveal that things like free health care and education would completely bankrupt and destroy the country.

Poorer countries than the United States have had "free health care and education" and not gone bankrupt. The kind of of health care Bernie advocates would actually be cheaper, overall, than private health insurance. You are being lied to.

That beside, I don't know how you can look at the last few decades and conclude that "Democrats advocate for government programs and spending while the Republicans are against such actions, opting for more freedom."

And I can't help notice that you're OK with abortions - as long as the woman isn't a slut.

Can you explain what is going to pay for free health care for +300 million?

I can say that Republicans in this incarnation of them are against many gov programs and against adding big government programs like the ACA. I am, also, against the ACA because it penalizes you for not having health care.

The last big gov program the Republicans have been responsible for was the Patriot Act and the NSA which is bad but at least was to defend Americans. Basically, Republicans are for National Defense being high which I am also for.

I am OK with abortions for women who have been raped because they were forced into it and should have the option of reporting the rape and getting an abortion soon after. If they choose to keep the child, fine. Other than that, the sex is consensual and you should be responsible for it, imo. If you dont want kids but want to have sex, there are contraceptives and I agree with using that. But if you arent going to go through with doing that, than I cant see myself agree with the abortion anymore.

Either way...

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

Quote:
Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

I feel that to be a fair assessment of both sides of the spectrum and I tend to be conservative.
Shinobi Z Jetson
azulmagia
Shinobi Z Jetson

I can say that Republicans in this incarnation of them are against many gov programs and against adding big government programs like the ACA. I am, also, against the ACA because it penalizes you for not having health care.

The ACA began as a conservative program. Reason magazine was in favour of it. It's the basis of RomneyCare. The only reason any right-winger is against it, is because Obama introduced it. And Single Payer would still be cheaper than it! The ACA is also NOT a government program. It is about mandating buying private health insurance. You can't even recognize a government program when you see it!

And the irony is that Reason magazine was perfectly capable of recognizing that in making people buy private health care, they are getting people to buy a product everyone already uses anyway, when the go to the emergency room at a hospital. Now, the "libertarian" editors of Reason are on the side of free-ridership!

Quote:
The last big gov program the Republicans have been responsible for was the Patriot Act and the NSA which is bad but at least was to defend Americans. Basically, Republicans are for National Defense being high which I am also for.

So, Orwellian police state, good. Providing health care for all, bad. You have the EXACT same attitude as Judge Roger Vinson, who is one those kooks who argued that if the government can make you buy health insurance it can make you do anything...and then sided with the NSA's spying on the American people. I find it incredibly hypocritical that you're bending Republican at the exact same time its leading contender is sounding more and more like a honest-to-God fascist every week now!

And you've got to INCREDIBLY naive if you think reading everyone's mail has anything to do with "defending Americans". The only thing spying on the populace does if defend them from freedom.

Also you're forgetting Terri Schiavo. Kasich says he wants a government agency to promote "Judeo-Christian" values. There are many, many more government intrusions into people's freedom that conservative politicians want. It's all there if you only have the eyes to see it. For that matter, there's lots of welfare programs conservatives support. Take the Mortgage Interest Deduction. It is a $70 billion dollar program, 77% of which goes to homeowners making more than $100,000 a year.

Conservative don't want small government, they want big government for the rich and a police state for everyone else. Lucky for them, they have plenty of stooges like yourself, who are too ignorant to know when they're being ******** right up the a**.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE
I don't vote Republican or Democrat. I vote for individuals I believe are qualified for the office for which they're running.

Questionable Codger

La Chocolate Bliss
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE
I don't vote Republican or Democrat. I vote for individuals I believe are qualified for the office for which they're running.

And I definitely won't vote for anyone who tells me that government is the problem and can't do anything right since electing that person is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It's interesting to note that the people who say they want smaller government tends to be the ones wanting to put more government in your bedrooms and women's vaginas.

azulmagia
Shinobi Z Jetson
azulmagia
Shinobi Z Jetson

The ACA began as a conservative program. Reason magazine was in favour of it. It's the basis of RomneyCare. The only reason any right-winger is against it, is because Obama introduced it. And Single Payer would still be cheaper than it! The ACA is also NOT a government program. It is about mandating buying private health insurance. You can't even recognize a government program when you see it!

And the irony is that Reason magazine was perfectly capable of recognizing that in making people buy private health care, they are getting people to buy a product everyone already uses anyway, when the go to the emergency room at a hospital. Now, the "libertarian" editors of Reason are on the side of free-ridership!

Quote:

So, Orwellian police state, good. Providing health care for all, bad. You have the EXACT same attitude as Judge Roger Vinson, who is one those kooks who argued that if the government can make you buy health insurance it can make you do anything...and then sided with the NSA's spying on the American people. I find it incredibly hypocritical that you're bending Republican at the exact same time its leading contender is sounding more and more like a honest-to-God fascist every week now!

And you've got to INCREDIBLY naive if you think reading everyone's mail has anything to do with "defending Americans". The only thing spying on the populace does if defend them from freedom.

Also you're forgetting Terri Schiavo. Kasich says he wants a government agency to promote "Judeo-Christian" values. There are many, many more government intrusions into people's freedom that conservative politicians want. It's all there if you only have the eyes to see it. For that matter, there's lots of welfare programs conservatives support. Take the Mortgage Interest Deduction. It is a $70 billion dollar program, 77% of which goes to homeowners making more than $100,000 a year.

Conservative don't want small government, they want big government for the rich and a police state for everyone else. Lucky for them, they have plenty of stooges like yourself, who are too ignorant to know when they're being ******** right up the a**.
I am against the ACA because of the people who cant afford to pay but get penalized for being too poor to afford the Affordable Care Act. That is why I am, personally, against it. Use to support it. Now I don't. I would vote against it.

Now that I have established why the Affordable Care Act is bad, I will speak to the NSA. I used to be paranoid about that Orwellian nightmare stuff but so far, it has only helped with sniffing out potential terrorists plots and will continue to do so in the future. Also, them 'spying on me' hasnt had a real world negative for me to be mad at it without seeming a bit irrational.

Again, my reasons for why I like one over the other is just how it affects me in the real world so Im not some naive stooge.

Now, like I have also already said, I am in favor of spending a lot of money on national security because I see that as something that government is actually supposed to do and liberals are definitely not.

I am also in favor of not trying to ban guns every 5 seconds as well. Forgot to mention that.

I am also in favor of giving incentives to business owners because they do create jobs for the working class which is exactly what we need. But i wasnt in favor of bailing out Wall Street to the tune of $800 million dollars of taxpayer money. That was a Democratic President with a Democratic majority for Congress who did that so I wouldn't pull the "Republicans are for the rich" crap. Democrats do the same stuff.

When I go through what my personal interests are, most of the time, conservatives have the same interests. I dont agree with everything but I really don't like what liberals are doing these days.

Biggest case in point, why is the reaction after a terrorist attack to bring in refugees and not ramp up attacks? Conservatives, France, and Russia all are for going after ISIS harder. France went in to Raqqa a day after being attacked. Russia has also been moving in and destroying ISIS. But America is just sitting back and its because of our liberal foreign policy. Its really sad to watch us lose influence in that reason and watch Putin just out play us in Syria and Ukraine.

Also, to the point of the whole "all Republicans sound more fascist", that seems to just be how liberals feel and usually liberals are quick to label somebody something like a fascist, racist, sexist, etc as though that really means something when they say it. Honestly, like, no one is calling for exterminating entire populations of Americans or anything. No one.

Ammo Amy
La Chocolate Bliss
GOD WARRIOR MARGUERITE

And I definitely won't vote for anyone who tells me that government is the problem and can't do anything right since electing that person is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It's interesting to note that the people who say they want smaller government tends to be the ones wanting to put more government in your bedrooms and women's vaginas.

Let me guess. You are pro-choice? Do you see yourself aborting your child one day?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff