Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
American people in general are like sheep. We get man-handled by scary guys(the government). Then they go as far as shaving our wool off whether we like it or not(take away our rights, right under our noses). Chances are, won't do d**k about it either. Nothing but baa our little heads off.
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night

7 billion people is a lot of stories to be told.

Then the telling is futile, and living is all you can do.

That's the basic thing that all people can do until they die. Breathing and living.

I don't think I could do only those two things for the rest of my natural life. I'd go quite insane.

Lmao, that's true. People do need activity and purpose in their lives.

Personal fulfillment is important. Do what you want to do.

Do you think that pursuing personal fulfillment in life might be hedonistic and self-centered? (Outside of the typical perception that anything one does is ultimately centered around personal fulfillment and is of the self).

Invisible Phantom

CISPA has been voted and approved in the house of representatives. If you're wondering how your states representatives voted there's a list of who voted for what right here.

If you don't know your state representatives you can find them over here
Love Muffin88
American people in general are like sheep. .

Oh ******** right off.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Love Muffin88

Oh ******** right off.

Ha! How civil of a response. Did I touch a nerve?
Love Muffin88
The Sky Does Not Bow
Love Muffin88

Oh ******** right off.

Nobody is like a sheep. I'm not going to be ******** civil to assholes they begin with an uncivil tone. So I reiterate: ******** off.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Love Muffin88
The Sky Does Not Bow
Love Muffin88

Oh ******** right off.

Nobody is like a sheep. I'm not going to be ******** civil to assholes they begin with an uncivil tone. So I reiterate: ******** off.

In most all of the post that I notice you make, you go in with your guns cocked. As if you are looking for an argument. Also, you always seem so angry. All of this leads me to believe you have demons IRL that you need to work on. Good luck with that.
Sombre_Ash
severedDEATHelemental
no one notices, no one cares.

Why, though, is everyone just ignoring this s**t and letting it happen? Where's the riots, America? Your freedom is in jeopardy, ironically at the hands of your "democratically-elected government" at that, and what the ******** are you doing about it?

People are more concerned with who will get eliminated this week on American Idol and having a phone to play 'words with friends' on than they are any sort of politics. Most people just trust whatever they see on the news and don't realize it's all controlled by the people with money and where they want influence to go. Read Noah Chomsky's 'Manufacturing Consent' sometime. Or watch the old video. It does a great job of explaining how the government's propaganda goes back much further than 10 years.

Thanks, sounds pretty interesting.
Belonging To Night
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night

That's the basic thing that all people can do until they die. Breathing and living.

I don't think I could do only those two things for the rest of my natural life. I'd go quite insane.

Lmao, that's true. People do need activity and purpose in their lives.

Personal fulfillment is important. Do what you want to do.

Do you think that pursuing personal fulfillment in life might be hedonistic and self-centered? (Outside of the typical perception that anything one does is ultimately centered around personal fulfillment and is of the self).

Depends on whether you're a hedonistic and self-centered person. I would derive more personal fulfillment from, say, destroying the world's governments than from bitches and cognac.
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't really care.

The government already has access to your records, s**t man they write the records, to be silly enough to think that they won't look through them if they're searching for a criminal is silly.

I know, but they're making it legitimate so they can use it out in the open. That's not cool. If the People of America object to the idea of it, they should say so before it's too late and the government realizes you don't care enough to stop it.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't really care.

The government already has access to your records, s**t man they write the records, to be silly enough to think that they won't look through them if they're searching for a criminal is silly.

I know, but they're making it legitimate so they can use it out in the open. That's not cool. If the People of America object to the idea of it, they should say so before it's too late and the government realizes you don't care enough to stop it.

Idk.

It doesn't seem so bad.
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't really care.

Idk.

It doesn't seem so bad.

It didn't seem so bad to Nazis either. You know what they ended up having to do for their government.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't really care.

Idk.

It doesn't seem so bad.

It didn't seem so bad to Nazis either. You know what they ended up having to do for their government.

Yeah but Nazis also breathed air.

Some arbitrary attribute might not really matter.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Belonging To Night
severedDEATHelemental
Belonging To Night
Do we get to spy on them as well? If these people want transparency, there should be an addition to the bill that allows everyone to look at everyone. That way very few people would probably encourage this bill.

Ah, but that wouldn't be a power grab, now would it?

It'd be balanced legislating.

Like a concept like "balanced legislating" will ever take hold in the U.S...

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Suicidesoldier#1

Yeah but Nazis also breathed air.

Some arbitrary attribute might not really matter.

It is true that they "might not really matter". The scary part is that they might matter enormously.

The basic freedoms and civil liberties we all enjoy are potentially at risk here. Even if it there is a potential for risk, we should be concerned about it. I certainly hope Obama follows through with vetoing the bill if it is passed. The way I see it, the bill (in its current form) violates our constitutional rights anyway, or at the very least has the potential to violate them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff