Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Doofi3
severedDEATHelemental

So, let me get this straight. You want to take over their system... using their system? Not possible.

"You can do a whole lot more damage from inside the system than from outside of it." -SLC Punk

That is infinitely true. We have to beat them at their own game. That is the point here. We're not going to get rid of the problems brought on by the current government by attacking from the outside, its just too strong of a system and its rooted too firmly in the bedrock of our society.

Yes it is possible. Certainly much more possible than what you're advocating (essentially anarchy with a subsequent rebuild of governmen). Not to mention the fact that nothing is really impossible. People said it was impossible for man to fly too. One of my favorite quotes from Alice in Wonderland (the cartoon Disney movie) is: "Impossible? You mean impassable, nothing is impossible."

You must destroy the society and rebuild it.

Sure, whatever. Keep trying. They'll still be alive to control things your way.

Let's just say that, that's the case.

You would not necessarily need violence to do such a thing.

I don't believe you, but elaborate.
Doofi3
severedDEATHelemental

I don't believe that. Sure, its one way to go about it. However, that's simply replacing the "evils" they're perpetrating against us with other "evils" that the rest of us would be committing to achieve such a thing. The concepts of a "war to end war" or "oppression to end oppression" or a "government to end all governments" all sound absurd to me.

If enough people are educated and realize how many problems there are in the "system" they can work together to change the system. I'm not saying we go as far as Gandhi and use "passive resistance." However, I don't see how violence would do anything but make things worse.

severedDEATHelemental

Not if society itself changes.

War to end war, maybe. Oppression to end oppression, definitely. Government is always replaced by government, though, or at least that's what they say.

You clearly aren't aware of the many ways in which violence can make things better.

No, society can change, but the people in charge will still be in charge. And what's more, they'll be the ones changing society the way they want to.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Doofi3
severedDEATHelemental

So, let me get this straight. You want to take over their system... using their system? Not possible.

"You can do a whole lot more damage from inside the system than from outside of it." -SLC Punk

That is infinitely true. We have to beat them at their own game. That is the point here. We're not going to get rid of the problems brought on by the current government by attacking from the outside, its just too strong of a system and its rooted too firmly in the bedrock of our society.

Yes it is possible. Certainly much more possible than what you're advocating (essentially anarchy with a subsequent rebuild of governmen). Not to mention the fact that nothing is really impossible. People said it was impossible for man to fly too. One of my favorite quotes from Alice in Wonderland (the cartoon Disney movie) is: "Impossible? You mean impassable, nothing is impossible."

Dismantling a government does not necessarily require violence.

For instance, if we simply removed it and put in new legislation, not violence would needed.
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Doofi3
severedDEATHelemental

For instance, if we simply removed it and put in new legislation, not violence would needed.

Same government, new legislation. Governments are tricky little bastards, they tend to grow back if you leave even a piece alive.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Same government, new legislation. Governments are tricky little bastards, they tend to grow back if you leave even a piece alive.

That's not really true at all.

But let's just say that it did- you could still just change legislation, blam, no problem.
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

But let's just say that it did- you could still just change legislation, blam, no problem.

But that wouldn't do anything.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

New legislation, new government rules, simple as that.

Would change everything.

I mean, imagine if murder was made legal or something.
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

Would change everything.

The rules are only part of the problem. The other parts are the systems and the participants.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

Would change everything.

The rules are only part of the problem. The other parts are the systems and the participants.

The "systems"- that's again legislation?

The "participants"?

Oh, so you want a dictatorship.

Figures. rolleyes
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

Would change everything.

The "participants"?

Figures. rolleyes

No, I want freedom.

No, legislation is part of the system. You must remove one before you start another, otherwise the first will contaminate the other.

Fanatical Zealot

severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

Would change everything.

The "participants"?

Figures. rolleyes

No, I want freedom.

No, legislation is part of the system. You must remove one before you start another, otherwise the first will contaminate the other.

You want "freedom", yet you claim the participants are the problem, I.E. you don't want democracy.

Legislation is good, and your whole "it will contaminate" thing doesn't really make any sense, as even if we "dismantled" the government and replaced it with the exact same method of government and then put in new legislation, which we would probably do, it would have no bearing sense it's an abstract concept.
How about I spare you the drama? The rich own you.
The rose in spring
How about I spare you the drama? The rich own you.

Wanna help me ******** 'em up?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
All of this talk about destroying society and rebuilding it is pointless to me. It's all just wishful thinking that can never be put into action. You'd never get the people behind you, and even if you did, who's to say the plan will go as you want it to? Things could go awry very easily, and then what do you have? Society is destroyed, and it was all for nothing, because now you've failed anyway. The system isn't perfect, but that is the fault of humanity; we are not perfect beings, so nothing we create can be perfect. Corruption will creep in everywhere, even if you destroy society and rebuild it, it will come back. So, the only thing you can really do is speak out when your rights are threatened and work within the system for change
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental
Suicidesoldier#1
severedDEATHelemental

Course it would.

Would change everything.

The "participants"?

Figures. rolleyes

No, I want freedom.

You want "freedom", yet you claim the participants are the problem, I.E. you don't want democracy.

Legislation is good, and your whole "it will contaminate" thing doesn't really make any sense, as even if we "dismantled" the government and replaced it with the exact same method of government and then put in new legislation, which we would probably do, it would have no bearing sense it's an abstract concept.

Don't kid yourself. American government isn't democracy.

EDIT: What's so goddamn great about legislation? We have a lot, it isn't doing so much.

EDIT EDIT: Or did they assign you that idea to promote today?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff