Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phallic Wonderland
You still seem to misunderstand that I am only against abortion on demand. Necessary abortions, for severe mental or physical reasons, are a sad reality. It shouldn't have to happen, as no one knows what the childs life will be like and shouldn't kill them based on assumptions or generalizations (eg. a poor family won't be able to care adequately for a baby.)

so you're pro-slavery, got it.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
hahahalolwut
Phallic Wonderland
You still seem to misunderstand that I am only against abortion on demand. Necessary abortions, for severe mental or physical reasons, are a sad reality. It shouldn't have to happen, as no one knows what the childs life will be like and shouldn't kill them based on assumptions or generalizations (eg. a poor family won't be able to care adequately for a baby.)

And you support a selfish society. Glad we got that covered.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Steam Punk Adept
Phallic Wonderland
Currently a friends daughter kept a rape pregnancy and now the child is a grown woman graduating from ASU. So, if you aren't so scarred from it that you don't want to punish the child for the crimes of the father, keeping it is still a viable option.
Because THAT'S the norm rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Because what is "the norm" is always the correct way to do things? Those gays and trans-folk should go back in their closet, then.
Phallic Wonderland
hahahalolwut
Phallic Wonderland

And you support a selfish society. Glad we got that covered.

agreed, it is pretty selfish of slaves to want self-determinism

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Do you think abortion is wrong under any circumstance?
Abortion is just wrong, but to the mother and child live-die options (mostly during cesarean sections) i think it is reasonable.
You view abortion as wrong, but saying it is always wrong is like saying killing is always wrong. Do you feel the same remorse when you eat an egg for breakfast? Do you feel it is so wrong when you cut your grass or squash the spider on your wall? Yes the baby has potential life but if the baby is going to be born with severe complications and be mentally and physically challenged and you decided to keep it anyway is very selfish on your part, your child won't have a life, not bond to a wheel chair unable to communicate with people. Just because he's alive doesn't mean he's living, to be blunt he's a financial and physical burden, and yes we all know that he can still be loved but it's selfish for you to but your kid through that kind of pain because you couldn't do what you had to to set them free.

Also another question, are you religious?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
SilverCities
Queen of Mercury
SilverCities
I'm okay with abortion as long as the would be parents both agree. I find it insulting that fathers have nearly no rights when it comes to abortion and even adoption.

The argument that it's the woman's body and thus her choice is a fools notion. It is her body and it was her choice to have sex with that person. If she wants the power she needs to accept that responsibly. It is no longer just her body, it is in the man's eyes also the body of his child, where she as the mother gets HALF the choice.

She decided to sleep with him, so if she feels that strongly, she should have to answer to society as to why her say is more important then his, be it heath reasons or what not. Also vice versa, he needs to prove he can take on the responsibly. Otherwise failure to inform or comply should be a serious offence.

No, She gets the total choice of who and what uses her body and for how long. Its attitudes like this that allowed rape within marriage to be acceptable in society.

She should NEVER have to answer to anyone for the decision of who uses her body and who doesn't and to suggest otherwise is absolutely disgusting.

No, but it is attitudes like yours that make woman think it's okay to conest to sex, change their minds and call it "rape."

You make a choice you consent with another person to have sex. You had equal say in it, so he get's equal say in the case of a pregnancy. It's hard on everyone! A lot of men end up suffering from Couvade syndrome anyway.

The point is, even plan B medication is prescription only, because it is hard on the woman. Anything, either abortion or birth have risks, and we can't always say what one is greater. The best of a bad situation is to be fair to both people.

I'm not a sexist in thinking woman shouldn't have more rights then men. That is however what most of you think, so the funny thing is, it's the other way around.
I have to disagree that men get half the say only because if the man wants to, he can give up rights to the child and not have to pay child support. Also he maybe gets the child every other weekend, while it is the mother staying up with the baby all night for his every 2 hour feedings. Also if the man has half the decision in being okay with an abortion, what if the woman doesn't want one? Does this mean he can force her to keep the baby then give up his rights and go about his marry life? I feel that yes he can give suggestions but can't force anything.

To do things how you suggested would allow too many loopholes and would really have to be case to case.
Bubble Shark
Steam Punk Adept
Bonah Myte
a**l in an abortion thread... Gaia is effing great. xd
I was just thinking the same thing

Seriously, I love this place. Who knew an abortion thread was where I would learn all about a**l? xd

I always refused to try a**l for the same reasons. I finally did it with my husband after we got married and didn't really like it. We've tried it a few times now, but he doesn't really like to because he knows it's uncomfortable for me.

Dapper Phantom

Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just immoral. People should learn to control themselves and the best way is to take away their chances from escaping these circumstances by the use of such methods which kills life. I recommend to use family planning.
People DO control themselves, but accidents DO happen. Abortion is often the "final step" or "last resort" in family planning, once all other precautions have failed. A condom broke, the pill wasn't effective, or something along those lines, and it happened without their knowledge, so they weren't able to use the morning after pill. Or a woman was raped, and in too much psychological shock to do anything.
Phallic Wonderland
Queen of Mercury
So this 'its still a life and deserves a chance' philosophy includes fetuses from rape and incest as well, yes?

Currently a friends daughter kept a rape pregnancy and now the child is a grown woman graduating from ASU. So, if you aren't so scarred from it that you don't want to punish the child for the crimes of the father, keeping it is still a viable option.

Answer the damn question. It is not that difficult. IF your claim is that 'it deserves a chance at life' does that mean you are adamantly AGAINST a fetus from rape or incest being aborted as well? Or are they unworthy in your mind because the females who are pregnant didn't willingly spread their legs?

Phallic Wonderland
You still seem to misunderstand that I am only against abortion on demand. Necessary abortions, for severe mental or physical reasons, are a sad reality.

This is irrelevant. Answer the question, misogynist.

Phallic Wonderland
It shouldn't have to happen, as no one knows what the childs life will be like and shouldn't kill them based on assumptions or generalizations (eg. a poor family won't be able to care adequately for a baby.)

But YOU are allowed to make assumptions, right? YOU are the only one allowed to dictate.. oh, wait, no gods or goddesses granted you such power. kindly shove your misogyny up your a**.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Desideraht
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just immoral. People should learn to control themselves and the best way is to take away their chances from escaping these circumstances by the use of such methods which kills life. I recommend to use family planning.
People DO control themselves, but accidents DO happen. Abortion is often the "final step" or "last resort" in family planning, once all other precautions have failed. A condom broke, the pill wasn't effective, or something along those lines, and it happened without their knowledge, so they weren't able to use the morning after pill. Or a woman was raped, and in too much psychological shock to do anything.
But the had SEX! They can't possibly be controlling themselves if they DARED to have SEX. /Pro-life Logic
Queen of Mercury
s h i a w e i
I always get crap for saying this these days but I'm pro-life.
As for contraceptives, I think birth control and condoms are fine but I would not condone the morning after pill or Plan B.
The question really comes down to, when does the fetus become a baby, when does it have a life?
I think it's unreasonable to think that the baby is only alive after it comes out of the mother. Babies react in the mother's womb, to music and it's surroundings and they move.What if a woman is stabbed in the stomach during or right before labour, was it not a life yet? Was that not murder or just the wounding of some random tissue?
I think the life starts right at the conception of the child.

I think its unreasonable to think that a woman is beholden to the contents of her uterus. A fetus is alive, but the status of 'alive' does not mean it has a life, nor that it has special rights to use a person's body against their will. If you think it is acceptable to force a woman's body to be used against her will, in order to sustain the life of something else, does that also mean you advocate for forced organ donations and bone marrow transplants? If I need a transplant and you are a perfect match, should I not be allowed to FORCE you to sustain my life with part of your body?

So.. when is it alive ? When does the baby have rights?
What about when a baby is born, does that mean that the mother shouldn't have to care for the baby if she doesn't want to? If she doesn't have to use her body to nurse and take care of the child if it's not in her will?
Women have a right to their bodies but they also have a responsibility. In an ideal world, a woman would not have to be forced to have a baby but would rather do so willingly, in the same way that although I am not forced to give you a transplant, I would be wiling to because I want to do that.
s h i a w e i
Queen of Mercury
s h i a w e i
I always get crap for saying this these days but I'm pro-life.
As for contraceptives, I think birth control and condoms are fine but I would not condone the morning after pill or Plan B.
The question really comes down to, when does the fetus become a baby, when does it have a life?
I think it's unreasonable to think that the baby is only alive after it comes out of the mother. Babies react in the mother's womb, to music and it's surroundings and they move.What if a woman is stabbed in the stomach during or right before labour, was it not a life yet? Was that not murder or just the wounding of some random tissue?
I think the life starts right at the conception of the child.

I think its unreasonable to think that a woman is beholden to the contents of her uterus. A fetus is alive, but the status of 'alive' does not mean it has a life, nor that it has special rights to use a person's body against their will. If you think it is acceptable to force a woman's body to be used against her will, in order to sustain the life of something else, does that also mean you advocate for forced organ donations and bone marrow transplants? If I need a transplant and you are a perfect match, should I not be allowed to FORCE you to sustain my life with part of your body?

So.. when is it alive ?

I stated quite clearly a fetus is alive. However, the status of living =/= having a life as to be able to do that one must be able to think, feel, and interact with others. A fetus cannot do any of those things.

s h i a w e i
When does the baby have rights?

When it is a baby, you know, when its BORN. Until then it is not a baby and using an emotionally charged word to elicit images of a laughing four month old infant is intellectual dishonesty.

s h i a w e i
What about when a baby is born, does that mean that the mother shouldn't have to care for the baby if she doesn't want to? If she doesn't have to use her body to nurse and take care of the child if it's not in her will?

Nope, she doesn't. That's what the broken adoption system/foster care system is there for.

s h i a w e i
Women have a right to their bodies but they also have a responsibility.

Tell me, which god or goddess deemed you supreme ruler of what is and is not responsible?

s h i a w e i
In an ideal world, a woman would not have to be forced to have a baby but would rather do so willingly,

Which is what we HAVE now. Duh. Since, you know, at least in the US and much of the world, abortion is legal up to a specific time of gestation. Hence, a perfect world, if you exclude the sick people like yourself who think a woman should be forced to be violated for nine months.

s h i a w e i
in the same way that although I am not forced to give you a transplant, I would be wiling to because I want to do that.

Way to miss the point. But I'm not entirely surprised.

Mewling Lunatic

10,725 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I don't "discuss about" things. I discuss things and talk about things, however, I don't think I have ever discussed about anything....

Alien Duck

I'm very pro-contraceptive and I can't imagine how anyone could logically argue against. In fact, I think having casual sex without using them is absolutely irresponsible and I view those who do so negatively.

I don't like abortion, but at the time being, it's difficult to see any favorable alternatives. I'm especially irked that those who wish to ban it are almost always the same people who adamantly argue against expanding funding to the foster system or offering any sorts of helpful programs to low income families. If you want to help these lives, you can't only stand up for them until they're born.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Gay Science
I'm very pro-contraceptive and I can't imagine how anyone could logically argue against. In fact, I think having casual sex without using them is absolutely irresponsible and I view those who do so negatively.

I don't like abortion, but at the time being, it's difficult to see any favorable alternatives. I'm especially irked that those who wish to ban it are almost always the same people who adamantly argue against expanding funding to the foster system or offering any sorts of helpful programs to low income families. If you want to help these lives, you can't only stand up for them until they're born.
The same people that argue against abortion also argue against contraceptives too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff