Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
So, I'm going to be completely honest and say that I disagree with abortion. But, I can only control what goes on in my own body. I take birth control and am very careful so I won't have to ever get an abortion.

But I can't say to anyone "NO YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE EITHER I DON'T LIKE THEM." Because WTF.

The best I can do to prevent abortion is not get one.

I do disagree with government funded ones, just because ******** welfare pisses me off. But then, you've got one three hundred dollar procedure compared to 18 years of welfare + medicaid for welfare mama? Guess I'm going to go with the $300 procedure pissing me off less.

Conservative Citizen

Queen of Mercury
I assume you do not know what it means when you imply something by making a broad spectrum statement such as the bold?

Back pedaling, which is what this could be considered, is a logical fallacy.

Making assumptions that were never clearly stated is logical? And what about the bolded statement? I'm pretty sure my fingernail won't ever develop into a human being and there's no assumption there that every zygote will. Trying to claim my "logical fallacy" to justify your assumptions is really reaching. I was never implying, whether you want to believe so or not, that all zygotes become people. Of course, I do understand that every zygote does not turn into a human and I stated that in other posts on this thread prior to even making the one you're quoting. It's not like I wasn't aware of this until you made me think about it, or something.

Isn't what's really important is that we both understand they don't all develop into humans? I'm pretty sure we've both got that covered.
I am a big believer in birth control. People reproduce at an alarming rate. It started with other kids when I was in school. 14, 15, BOOM pregnant. BAM two more kids. Kids up for adoption, kids being raised by their grandparents (i.e. me). Kids that people didn't want, accident kids, you got pregnant by some guy at a party and were too sloppy to make him use a condom and now you have kids, no job, and don't know what you're doing. Now all these kids are in the world being raised up messed up, abused, unwanted, and turn into ******** up adults. Trust me, my sister and I were a couple of those kids. She was in and out of foster care, half the time she lived with me once I was an adult, and I was an accident baby whose mom was just too sheltered to realize she needed to use protection. It's not fair to any of us that we were born into this.

Seriously, if you're not ready for kids, wear a condom and take the pill, or whatever you need to do. Give more blow jobs. Whatever.

As for abortions, I don't like them, I probably wouldn't get one unless I were pregnant with a rape baby, but I acknowledge there are cases where it's necessary. I do wish people would be more careful about getting pregnant in the first place, which is what my rant was all about in the first place. I don't want to jump in the abortion debate.

Hilarious Prophet

I prefer to stay silent about abortion.
Bubble Shark
So, I'm going to be completely honest and say that I disagree with abortion. But, I can only control what goes on in my own body. I take birth control and am very careful so I won't have to ever get an abortion.

But I can't say to anyone "NO YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE EITHER I DON'T LIKE THEM." Because WTF.

I do disagree with government funded ones, just because ******** welfare pisses me off. But then, you've got one three hundred dollar procedure compared to 18 years of welfare + medicaid for welfare mama? Guess I'm going to go with the $300 procedure pissing me off less.

I assume you do not have vaginal sex since you said you are 'careful' so you 'never have to get an abortion'. All contraceptives have a failure rate. I conceived while using both a hormonal pill and a barrier method, aka a condom. It might not be extremely common but it does happen.

Now, that said, thank you for being of the mind that despite the fact you disagree with it, you do not think you should be able to dictate to others what they do with their bodies and anything within them.
Jolie Maidele
Queen of Mercury
I assume you do not know what it means when you imply something by making a broad spectrum statement such as the bold?

Back pedaling, which is what this could be considered, is a logical fallacy.

Making assumptions that were never clearly stated is logical?

So you do not know what it meant to imply something? Gotcha.

Jolie Maidele
And what about the bolded statement? I'm pretty sure my fingernail won't ever develop into a human being and there's no assumption there that every zygote will.

You left the implication that every one would with your broad spectrum generalization of 'becoming a developed human being'. Of course, like most, you will deny you left that implication because few can admit when they ******** up.
Phallic Wonderland
Queen of Mercury
Phallic Wonderland
We Do Not Kneel
Phallic Wonderland

But no, it is YOU who cannot understand what I am typing.

except you said this despite the qualifying statement "if she doesn't want to be pregnant..."

yes, there are options and choices; but only one concludes in the specific criteria which this hypothetical woman desire: an end to a pregnancy. you seem incapable of comprehending this.

You can feel like you don't want to continue a pregnancy and continue with it. An end to a pregnancy comes soon enough especially if they don't find out for 5 months. Considering that many women who want this end and choose to keep it anyways, I feel that any person who will not die or go mad should want to keep the pregnancy and give the child up.

I am giving up and leaving because being badgered by three people who are okay with killing babies is not what I want to do right now. Call me whatever you want, I respect life and killing it no matter difficult it can be is downright disgusting. Disorganized infanticide.

What is disgusting is your misogyny and desire to turn women into property and broodmares. A zygote is not a baby. Quit using erroneous terms to create an emotional image of a laughing 4 month old. The six month fetus I lost due to an automobile accident was NOT a baby. It was a fetus. The fact that you think a woman should be forced to go through pregnancy all because yours was a walk in the park is deplorable.

To your other posts: Blah blah blah still a life a woman should give a chance to.

So this 'its still a life and deserves a chance' philosophy includes fetuses from rape and incest as well, yes?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Queen of Mercury
Bubble Shark

I assume you do not have vaginal sex since you said you are 'careful' so you 'never have to get an abortion'. All contraceptives have a failure rate. I conceived while using both a hormonal pill and a barrier method, aka a condom. It might not be extremely common but it does happen.

Now, that said, thank you for being of the mind that despite the fact you disagree with it, you do not think you should be able to dictate to others what they do with their bodies and anything within them.

I do xd but I mean, I'm as careful as I can be, short of being abstinent. I do use hormonal contraceptives and the condom, and I'm aware of my ovulation cycles and try to avoid sexy time during fertile time, and my boyfriend does "pull out" (wow that's awkward in text). I feel like the failure rate of all of this put together is VERY small. I mean, certainly not 100%, but hopefully pretty good.

But yeah, I totally can't say someone else can't have an abortion. It's not my body, not my fetus, and not my life. Who's to say she would be a good mother or that child won't end up abused in the foster system? Anything could happen. Abortion isn't necessarily the worst thing that could happen to that fetus.
Bubble Shark
I do xd but I mean, I'm as careful as I can be, short of being abstinent. I do use hormonal contraceptives and the condom, and I'm aware of my ovulation cycles and try to avoid sexy time during fertile time, and my boyfriend does "pull out" (wow that's awkward in text). I feel like the failure rate of all of this put together is VERY small. I mean, certainly not 100%, but hopefully pretty good.

why not just put it in yo' butt?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
hahahalolwut
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bubble Shark
hahahalolwut
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.
Don't knock it till ya try it

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark
hahahalolwut
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.

I know, but... my butt. And poop...

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bubble Shark
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark
hahahalolwut
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.

And people have been having a**l sex since the dawn of man. People actually enjoy it. And you don't do it after you s**t, unless you also wash the area.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark
hahahalolwut
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.

And people have been having a**l sex since the dawn of man. People actually enjoy it. And you don't do it after you s**t, unless you also wash the area.

But isn't there still poop in there? I'm not washing inside my pooper. I'll just skip on a**l. For those that enjoy it, great. But I don't think it's for me xd

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bubble Shark
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark
Steam Punk Adept
Bubble Shark

because ow my butt.

But isn't there still poop in there? I'm not washing inside my pooper. I'll just skip on a**l. For those that enjoy it, great. But I don't think it's for me xd
Generally, unless you have some bowel problems, once you finish a good poop, your intestines are clear enough for long enough a way, that there's no poop in there

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff