Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Citizen

Lacarnum I can almost hardly believe that you actually made a thread about abortion when there have been just about a million others. All you pro-lifers do is b***h and moan about how abortion should be illegal and that woman should just give their babies up for adoption or throw them into the foster care system. Well I don't see any of you pro-lifers going out there and adopting all of these damn kids. If you guys want women to give away their children then you better go out and adopt a whole s**t load of them. Your views on abortion being immoral is just terrible. You keep saying that people are killing innocent children when they get abortions but in reality they aren't. For some strange reason you must be thinking that all women are getting abortions when they are 8 months pregnant. Well no! Thats not how it works! Women can get early abortions and when they do they are not killing a child because last time a checked, taking a clump of cells out of a persons body was not considered killing a baby. I completely agree with Steam Punk Adept about what they said. If you do not remember, here it is:
"Choosing not to abort and dumping your kid on others is just as immoral, and in some cases I even view it as more immoral. Forcing your moral beliefs on others is immoral. Pro-Life is not what it claims to be, and is very immoral. Your views are not mine, and I would prefer you keep your moral views to your life, and not affect mine."
But even if abortion does someday become illegal it wouldn't stop women from getting abortions, it would only make it more unsafe and cause the female death rate to rise. Take a look:
BEFORE ROE V WADE:

Approximately 50% of all maternal deaths resulted from illegal abortion during the first half of the 20th century

Estimates of the annual number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 60s range from 200,000 to 1.2 million, even though abortion procedures were unsafe and often life-threatening, in addition to being illegal

During the 1950s and 60s, each year an estimated 160 to 260 women died from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injured

AFTER ROE V WADE:

Legal abortion is credited with decreasing both maternal and infant mortality. Today, abortion is 11 times safer than childbirth and less than 1% of those who undergo abortion procedures experience major complications

Abortion is now one of the most commonly performed clinical procedures, and the current death rate from abortion is 0.6 per 100,000 procedures.Comparably, the death rate from childbirth is 8 deaths per 100,000 live births. However, only 12% of U.S. medical schools teach first-trimester abortion procedures

I hope that was enough information for you because its people like you that do not care about the women of America.

High-functioning Sleuth

Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just immoral. People should learn to control themselves and the best way is to take away their chances from escaping these circumstances by the use of such methods which kills life. I recommend to use family planning.

It's not always that simple, and it irks me when people make it sound that way. Most of the women who get abortions are desperate, they are often rapes victims and/or have gone through things that I know I can't imagine. Some of them are going from home to home, and/or getting abused, and feel that the child they're carrying is better off dead, then living in the hell they're living in. Regardless, it's never a first choice.

I don't believe I would get an abortion regardless of how the child was conceived, but I certainly understand why some of these women do.

Next time, please think and thoroughly try to empathize with some of these people, before you make statements like this because, news flash; the world isn't black or white.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but like a stated it really irked me.

Shameless Man-Lover

Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Steam Punk Adept
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just immoral. People should learn to control themselves and the best way is to take away their chances from escaping these circumstances by the use of such methods which kills life. I recommend to use family planning.
Choosing not to abort and dumping your kid on others is just as immoral, and in some cases I even view it as more immoral. Forcing your moral beliefs on others is immoral. Pro-Life is not what it claims to be, and is very immoral. Your views are not mine, and I would prefer you keep your moral views to your life, and not affect mine.

I respect your stand. But i have the right to do everything what i wanted and those children have the right to live. Consume it or not.

A fetus has no rights. It gets rights once it's born.

Shameless Man-Lover

liljeholm
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
I think the same. Nowadays we have several ways not to get pregnant, condoms, pills- and i dont think that people should sacrifice other people's life because of their own mistake.

What if condoms fail? What if you're using both birth control and condoms and you still get pregnant, but you are an engaged couple in college, struggling to pay for food each month? Would you still believe that the women should keep the fetus? Knowing she wouldn't be able to afford taking care of this child when it was born?

What if I need an abortion for medical reasons? What if I survive a rape and end up pregnant?

You can't assume that ALL abortion circumstances are the same or even similar, because they're not.

Shameless Man-Lover

s h i a w e i
Queen of Mercury
s h i a w e i
I always get crap for saying this these days but I'm pro-life.
As for contraceptives, I think birth control and condoms are fine but I would not condone the morning after pill or Plan B.
The question really comes down to, when does the fetus become a baby, when does it have a life?
I think it's unreasonable to think that the baby is only alive after it comes out of the mother. Babies react in the mother's womb, to music and it's surroundings and they move.What if a woman is stabbed in the stomach during or right before labour, was it not a life yet? Was that not murder or just the wounding of some random tissue?
I think the life starts right at the conception of the child.

I think its unreasonable to think that a woman is beholden to the contents of her uterus. A fetus is alive, but the status of 'alive' does not mean it has a life, nor that it has special rights to use a person's body against their will. If you think it is acceptable to force a woman's body to be used against her will, in order to sustain the life of something else, does that also mean you advocate for forced organ donations and bone marrow transplants? If I need a transplant and you are a perfect match, should I not be allowed to FORCE you to sustain my life with part of your body?

So.. when is it alive ? When does the baby have rights?
What about when a baby is born, does that mean that the mother shouldn't have to care for the baby if she doesn't want to? If she doesn't have to use her body to nurse and take care of the child if it's not in her will?
Women have a right to their bodies but they also have a responsibility. In an ideal world, a woman would not have to be forced to have a baby but would rather do so willingly, in the same way that although I am not forced to give you a transplant, I would be wiling to because I want to do that.

The fetus has rights after it's born. An unborn person does not have rights. It doesn't even have thoughts or feelings.
Actually, yes. The women can choose to give up the baby for adoption if she wanted to that time.
In an ideal world, women could make their own choices involving their own bodies without people shaming them or condemning them.
this rainbow lover
liljeholm
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
I think the same. Nowadays we have several ways not to get pregnant, condoms, pills- and i dont think that people should sacrifice other people's life because of their own mistake.

What if condoms fail? What if you're using both birth control and condoms and you still get pregnant, but you are an engaged couple in college, struggling to pay for food each month? Would you still believe that the women should keep the fetus? Knowing she wouldn't be able to afford taking care of this child when it was born?

What if I need an abortion for medical reasons? What if I survive a rape and end up pregnant?

You can't assume that ALL abortion circumstances are the same or even similar, because they're not.
The Goverment still offers you plans to help you out. So that makes your argument pointless.

I would like to imagine you as fetus, would have loved if your mum did it, huh?

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
liljeholm
this rainbow lover
liljeholm
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

The Goverment still offers you plans to help you out. So that makes your argument pointless.

Me, as a fetus, I would have had no ******** clue or even perception of what was going on, so I'd be incapable of caring if I had been aborted.

As for the government helping people out, have you looked at what all is required for welfare? Not to mention that a majority of those opposed to abortion are also against welfare. Which makes your suggestion that the government would help utterly laughable.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
liljeholm

If you were a rock would you not want to be kicked? Don't kick rocks!

Or maybe we should not project emotions on to things that do not have them.

Lunatic

liljeholm
this rainbow lover
liljeholm
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

If I was a fetus I wouldn't be capable of loving because, at the majority of the time a fetus is aborted, it's little more than a cluster of cells that is vacuumed out of the uterus.

Dapper Swapper

I just recently had a pregnancy scare, and if I was pregnant, I would have aborted.
Not because I wanted to, but because I would be an unfit mother for a child, and I'm not willing to go through a birth so another kid can be in the system.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Divine Moment of Truth
I just recently had a pregnancy scare, and if I was pregnant, I would have aborted.
Not because I wanted to, but because I would be an unfit mother for a child, and I'm not willing to go through a birth so another kid can be in the system.
But, But!!! You have a duty to all those people who can't have children to spawn so that they can be parents!!!! /sarcasm

Dapper Swapper

Steam Punk Adept
Divine Moment of Truth
But, But!!! You have a duty to all those people who can't have children to spawn so that they can be parents!!!! /sarcasm

I had a sudden change of heart, did I mention I get all my parenting education from youtube? I plan on raising my children to be like this wonderful lady one day.
(Strong language)
Abortion being illegal is like saying to a girl whose boyfriend walked out on her; "your a slut who had sex, now you have to devote 18 years of your time, money and emotions on a kid. this kid will most likely be some poor ghetto kid and your not allowed to get an education or anything. slut"

Think about this situation. It's never happened to me thank god but its soemthing to think about.

A women is age 16 and the man is age 20. She have been in a relationship for half a year but they were friends before dating. She's in 11th grade and he dropped out of college to go to a culinary career school. They both lost their virginies to each other. She takes birth control and he wears a condom every time.
One day the condom broke. It must've been defective because they bought it a month ago and it was kept in a box in room temp. She freaks out., takes a shower but calms down remembering that birth control is 98% effective. Unknown to her, the birth control pills weren't being absorbed 100% by her body and she released an egg anyways. Its fertilized.
Two weeks later she misses her period. A week later she takes a pregnancy test.. She told her parents and saw a doctor. Her 20 year old boyfriend is worried. He doesn't want to go to jail for statutory rape and her parents don't know his real age. They both don't want to quit school and he doesn't want to raise a child in his dysfunctional family. Her parents are Catholic pro life and promise to disown her if she got an abortion.

This is pretty much the situation if my birth control methods fail. Good thing its a long shot. But what would you do/?
RossetteAmi
Abortion being illegal is like saying to a girl whose boyfriend walked out on her; "your a slut who had sex, now you have to devote 18 years of your time, money and emotions on a kid. this kid will most likely be some poor ghetto kid and your not allowed to get an education or anything. slut"

well that or she can dump it at the hospital

they have boxes for that sort of thing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas