Welcome to Gaia! ::

Floppy Member

Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
Actually, he's only funny to US, but in the world he resides in, he is, for the most part, not. Which is what I meant about myself. My statement stands.
User ImageUser Image
See, now you're moving the goalpost, because the world Deadpool exists in is fictional, and we don't have a large enough sample size of the public to accurately determine whether or not he is or is not funny in his world.

Not that it really matters, because in this world, we find him funny.
That poster is not funny in any universe.

It would appear that his version of reality is a fictional universe.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GSK Lives
toasega

I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me.

And you erroneously assume they'll never have that power. Or that others who DO have power and influence don't agree with them...

Quote:
I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

Lawmakers can.
Quote:

I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights
"

Except they ARE.

Homosexuals are being arrested in Lousiana for just meeting in a park to arrange a date.

Just last year, hoss, we nearly elected a man to the state Governor's office who was intending to re-criminalize homosexuality.

We have people HERE on Gaia who work to re-criminalize homosexuality.

So yea, ******** off with that "noone is coming for you" s**t.

GSK!

I'm actually really happy to see you, I was getting worried when you didn't IMMEDIATELY show up to point out that I was somehow wrong about something!

Also, what is "hoss"?

And I never knew homosexuality was legally criminalized to begin with. I guess you learn something new every day-GODDAMN IT! SEE?! YOU'RE PISSED OFF BUT AT LEAST I ******** LEARN THINGS FROM YOU!

Also, before I forget:
This Is NoMercy
GSK Lives
toasega

I even see a few "black people should just die, go away, etc" topics on here from time to time, but instead of charging into battle, filled with righteous fury, I ignore it and move on with my life, because for me, the words of a stranger who has no power or influence mean nothing to me.

And you erroneously assume they'll never have that power. Or that others who DO have power and influence don't agree with them...

Quote:
I can't DO anything to you, and neither can anyone else on this site, or even in real life, to a large extent.

Lawmakers can.
Quote:

I'm trying to get you to see that unless someone is literally coming after you with weapons, violence and legal papers, a simple difference in opinion is NOT an attempt to deny you your "basic human rights
"

Except they ARE.

Homosexuals are being arrested in Lousiana for just meeting in a park to arrange a date.

Just last year, hoss, we nearly elected a man to the state Governor's office who was intending to re-criminalize homosexuality.

We have people HERE on Gaia who work to re-criminalize homosexuality.

So yea, ******** off with that "noone is coming for you" s**t.

Seriously, this thread is full of people talking about their experiences with homophobia and discrimination, and there are multiple users who openly talk about wanting to jail and outlaw gays ALL THE TIME (coghvough prince ikari, misty moonsliver, coughcough) yet this shithead STILL has the balls to tell us were "over-reacting" and that straight people apparently have it worse then us because we called them a few names on an Internet forum.
emotion_eyebrow

Wait, when did Misty call for sodomy laws? Got some choice words for her if she did...

Tipsy Smoker

The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
Actually, he's only funny to US, but in the world he resides in, he is, for the most part, not. Which is what I meant about myself. My statement stands.
User ImageUser Image
See, now you're moving the goalpost, because the world Deadpool exists in is fictional, and we don't have a large enough sample size of the public to accurately determine whether or not he is or is not funny in his world.

Everytime he posts it reminds me of a small child.
toasega

I'm actually really happy to see you, I was getting worried when you didn't IMMEDIATELY show up to point out that I was somehow wrong about something!

Happy to relieve that worry

Quote:
And I never knew homosexuality was legally criminalized to begin with

Go look up Sodomy Laws. Until just after 2000, they were on the books and considered constitutional and enforceable. It took the SCOTUS decision in Lawrence vs Texas to finally undo that.

Floppy Member

Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
User ImageUser Image

Same. The minimum age for Gaia is 13 but that seems a bit generous with respect to the amount of sheer nonsense posts he has in the ED. It'll catch up with him, spamming is reportable, you know. wink

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GSK Lives
toasega

Quote:

Go look up Sodomy Laws. Until just after 2000, they were on the books and considered constitutional and enforceable. It took the SCOTUS decision in Lawrence vs Texas to finally undo that.

Wow, apparently San Francisco had Sodomy Laws?! They obviously threw those right out the window, EH?! DURHURHURHURHURHURHURHURHUR

Honestly, though, to everyone else who is (apparently) reading through literally EVERY comment on this topic, GSK is one of two perfect examples of how to educate someone. Most of you attempt to "educate" people like this:

GSK does that s**t like THIS:

Your face afterwards:
User Image

The other perfect example would be to simply explain the situation in layman's terms as calmly and as rationally as possible, making sure to keep the tension down and the potential for education high, and if the person doesn't feel like listening then ******** LEAVE.

Tipsy Smoker

The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
User ImageUser Image

Same. The minimum age for Gaia is 13 but that seems a bit generous with respect to the amount of sheer nonsense posts he has in the ED. It'll catch up with him, spamming is reportable, you know. wink
I don't have any more faith in the mods here. sad

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
User ImageUser Image

Every post in this topic specifically or EVERY POST EVER?

Because the second one doesn't really seem possible. That, or you're just talking smack.

Tipsy Smoker

toasega
GSK Lives
toasega

Quote:

Wow, apparently San Francisco had Sodomy Laws?! They obviously threw those right out the window, EH?! DURHURHURHURHURHURHURHURHUR

Honestly, though, to everyone else who is (apparently) reading through literally EVERY comment on this topic, GSK is one of two perfect examples of how to educate someone. Most of you attempt to "educate" people like this:

Your face afterwards:
User Image

The other perfect example would be to simply explain the situation in layman's terms as calmly and as rationally as possible, making sure to keep the tension down and the potential for education high, and if the person doesn't feel like listening then ******** LEAVE.
You're the last person to take advice on about reasonable and intelligent responses. I'll only apologize if you have some reasonably diminished mental capacity.

Tipsy Smoker

toasega
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
A Mythic Angel
toasega
User ImageUser Image

Every post in this topic specifically or EVERY POST EVER?

Because the second one doesn't really seem possible. That, or you're just talking smack.
Just this thread.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Chahklet
toasega
GSK Lives
toasega

Quote:

Your face afterwards:
User Image

You're the last person to take advice on about reasonable and intelligent responses. I'll only apologize if you have some reasonably diminished mental capacity.

I don't care if you apologize or not (and I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, either). If you think I'm a dumbass or an a*****e, or a d**k, or some horrible combination of the three, then that's just what you think. And honestly I can respect people who can just "BE", like GSK, and just be like "You're a ******** d**k, and here's why", while at the same time actually giving either concrete evidence to support what they're saying, some sort of pathway to finding out about something (which she did), or both.

It's all too easy for people to say "Gay people have it rough!", but they never actually give any sort of evidence, and it makes it look like whining. If I was to actually look up "gay people have it rough" I'd probably just run into more whining. GSK, despite her unbridled hatred of me, kept everything, EVERYTHING, down to only a few short sentences that basically amounted to "No, you're a ******** idiot, and as for the arguments, here's some s**t you can actually look up and learn from". And now I'm like "Oooooooooohhhhh! I get some of it now!" Like, yeah, I joked about San Fran not having any sodomy laws but I actually get a little of what people are saying, thanks to that wonderful, horrible GSK.

And no, I don't understand it all (and there's a good chance I never will), and for the most part, I still stand by what I've been arguing (much to your never-ending annoyance and my never-ending indifference, I'm sure), but at least, in my own, seriously ******** up way, I am in fact TRYING to get it, even though it may seem like I'm not. Although really, calling someone an idiot because they don't understand what you're trying to tell them makes you.......I dunno. Elitist? Snobby? Uppity? A Douchebag?

And as far as diminished mental capacity goes, I don't THINK I have any medical problems, although I was hit in the head alot by different objects growing up; most of them were stepdad's fists, or that cup he broke over my head, or that time I fell off my bike which flipped over and landed on my head, or that time the closet door came unhinged and smacked me in the head, or all those times he hit me in the head with rolled up newspaper (does more damage than you might think), or the time he kicked me in the head while I was down, or *continues for several hours*

Floppy Member

Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet

I don't have any more faith in the mods here. sad
They have a backlog, for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff