Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
GSK Lives
*SIGH* Doesn't matter to him, I suppose, that I actually feel guilty about that stunt and wish I never pulled it off. I can't even justify it to myself anymore.

I've just unmuted you because I saw this in HTC's reply. It's not that it doesn't matter to me that you feel guilty, it's that I don't believe you feel guilty.

You made up your girlfriend, you made up your conversion to hard-core christianity and you faked a suicide.

The people who know you best believed you committed suicide, GSK, the people who you have returned to having tantrumed your way off. We believed you committed suicide.

******** how vile what you did is, right now I'm not sure I even care about it or you anymore. We believed you topped yourself.

What. The. ********. Does that say about you?

You're a ******** basketcase. A pastiche. You're the ******** up crazy c**t that every right wing woman hating MRA uses to justify his behaviour.

The best thing you can do for your cause is quit Gaia permanently, get some very serious psychological help and become a fully formed person. Because now, right now, you're helping the enemy camp with your every post.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yoshpet
I think it's pretty pathetic how feminists are trying to position themselves against gaming as a hobby and twist the issue into "keeping women out of gaming". Women are already involved in gaming, both as consumers and developers. The women being harassed are not being harassed to keep women out of gaming. By and large we don't know who or why they're being harassed. Covert attacks by gamers, feminists victimizing themselves, or 4Chan trolls stirring up s**t for the lulz? Nobody knows, but everyone reads whatever their agenda is into the situation as if it were implicit in the actions. It is not.

The outspoken majority of GG is not opposed to women, or women in gaming, or even feminism. So uh... give it up?

Civil rights is not feminism versus the world. Such an obnoxious trend.

Yosh, I know women who have been harassed and threatened for being nothing more females in the games industry :/ A friend of mine was recently threatened with being doxxed because she's a female games dev - she hasn't spoken publicly about this issue, the whole gamergate thing, but she got targeted anyway - because she belongs to a women in gaming group, made up of professional female game developers and programmers.

There is an issue of journalistic integrity in gaming - most people in the industry admit that, and it isn't limited to indie games, not even by any stretch of the imagination. Yet why is the gamergate thing mostly targeted at indie games? And why is it mostly targeting women and the men who support them? Its a minority yes, but a shrill and increasingly influential one, and for many of them the aim is to keep people they perceive as the enemy from changing or influencing their gaming expectations and experiences.
CuAnnan

I've just unmuted you because I saw this in HTC's reply. It's not that it doesn't matter to me that you feel guilty, it's that I don't believe you feel guilty.

Don't suppose I blame you.

Quote:
You made up your girlfriend, you made up your conversion to hard-core christianity and you faked a suicide.

The people who know you best believed you committed suicide, GSK, the people who you have returned to having tantrumed your way off. We believed you committed suicide.

******** how vile what you did is, right now I'm not sure I even care about it or you anymore. We believed you topped yourself.

What. The. ********. Does that say about you?

That I have issues. Ranging from anger, to self destructive behavior, to a need for attention.

Quote:
You're a ******** basketcase. A pastiche. You're the ******** up crazy c**t that every right wing woman hating MRA uses to justify his behaviour.

No.

I'm not some manipulative c**t that takes a man for everything he's worth then leaves him hanging only to go ******** some grunting ape-man Alpha to get abused. I'm not some fat brightly colored cretin who pulls fire alarms and demands that everything male oriented get censored to s**t so I can feel more comfortable in the hobby.

Quote:
The best thing you can do for your cause is quit Gaia permanently, get some very serious psychological help and become a fully formed person. Because now, right now, you're helping the enemy camp with your every post.

The first part, maybe.

The second part, no. The only women the enemy camp are ever going to respect is Donna Reed clones. Me living my life is enough to piss the enemy camp off.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I AM R U
Yoshpet
I think it's pretty pathetic how feminists are trying to position themselves against gaming as a hobby and twist the issue into "keeping women out of gaming". Women are already involved in gaming, both as consumers and developers. The women being harassed are not being harassed to keep women out of gaming. By and large we don't know who or why they're being harassed. Covert attacks by gamers, feminists victimizing themselves, or 4Chan trolls stirring up s**t for the lulz? Nobody knows, but everyone reads whatever their agenda is into the situation as if it were implicit in the actions. It is not.

The outspoken majority of GG is not opposed to women, or women in gaming, or even feminism. So uh... give it up?

Yosh, I know women who have been harassed and threatened for being nothing more females in the games industry :/ A friend of mine was recently threatened with being doxxed because she's a female games dev - she hasn't spoken publicly about this issue, the whole gamergate thing, but she got targeted anyway - because she belongs to a women in gaming group, made up of professional female game developers and programmers.

There is an issue of journalistic integrity in gaming - most people in the industry admit that, and it isn't limited to indie games, not even by any stretch of the imagination. Yet why is the gamergate thing mostly targeted at indie games? And why is it mostly targeting women and the men who support them? Its a minority yes, but a shrill and increasingly influential one, and for many of them the aim is to keep people they perceive as the enemy from changing or influencing their gaming expectations and experiences.

That's the thing though, I'm not convinced the people doing the harassment actually represent GamerGate so much as they're taking advantage of the situation. There's no evidence to suggest harassment is the real goal of GG, and that GamerGate reps are getting doxxed too suggests there might be a third party simply fanning the flames. Either that or the irate feminists are playing dirty too, abandoning any moral high ground they might have had.

GG supporters have no more an obligation to abandon their name or movement because of extremists (whom they openly denounce) than feminism should have to abandon its identity because of the crazies among them.
I AM R U
Yoshpet

These anecdotes remind me of how everyone I speak to about LSD knows a guy who took just one tab and is no permanently institutionalized over it, and therefore you should never use LSD.

Tell me why this anecdote trope being adapted to womyn in vidya is any more intellectually robust than the LSD institutionalization anecdote.
Yoshpet
I AM R U
Yoshpet

That's the thing though, I'm not convinced the people doing the harassment actually represent GamerGate so much as they're taking advantage of the situation. There's no evidence to suggest harassment is the real goal of GG, and that GamerGate reps are getting doxxed too suggests there might be a third party simply fanning the flames. Either that or the irate feminists are playing dirty too, abandoning any moral high ground they might have had.

GG supporters have no more an obligation to abandon their name or movement because of extremists (whom they openly denounce) than feminism should have to abandon its identity because of the crazies among them.
Sure they do, because woman good, man bad.

Anything short of that is brazen misogyny
Yoshpet
I AM R U
Yoshpet

what do you think the goal of gamergate is then? lol

gamergate has been pointless nonsense from the get-go
sitting cow
Yoshpet
I AM R U
Yoshpet

I don't see how excising SJW bullshit from the video game industry is "pointless nonsense."

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
sitting cow

Maybe you should go talk to them and read their posts? Sounds like you're the one who doesn't actually know what's going on.
Yoshpet
sitting cow

Maybe you should go talk to them and read their posts? Sounds like you're the one who doesn't actually know what's going on.

nah because i'm asking you

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
sitting cow

I think secondhand accounts are what got you on the misogyny train in the first place.

learn2integrity
Yoshpet
sitting cow

I think secondhand accounts are what got you on the misogyny train in the first place.

learn2integrity

so now you're admitting you have no idea what you're talking about? gotcha

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
sitting cow
so now you're admitting you have no idea what you're talking about? gotcha

Oh, you got me. I know nothing about this situation. That's why I've been posting about it in-depth for pages on multiple threads.

But hey, I heard it was about misogyny. No one ever jokes about misogyny, so it's probably just about misogyny. Feminism! neutral

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Gunzstray

If you think about it. GamerGate is about fighting against corruption in the (game)journalism.

Do explain calls for getting game companies to remove review copies from sites they don't like if they're against corruption in game journalism.

Because game companies having influence over reviewers and using it is kind of an actual problem of corruption.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff