Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Combatant

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I can attest to the "young and impressionable" part of all of this.

My sister started acting very strangely (read: hostile) after things started happening at school. We found she had been talking to a Trans person who very much hater his/her parents and was telling my sister to do the same. Why? Because they couldn't apparently understand her way of thinking and her sexuality. To contrast that, my parents are probably the most liberal (in the American sense) that you can get. If she would have come out the normal way, she would be welcomed in her sexuality. But the way they found it is that they saw a skype chat log still on her computer with very hostile speech going back and forth speaking of killing our stepfather because he was cisgendered. My sister, before all this had a very rough time because here in the south, different sexualities and nerd culture don't get received well and she was never able to find a group that could relate. So she found people through the internet.

On another note concerning my sister, every time I try to talk to her about it, she dodges all questions and keeps telling me Im not a decent person for understanding when all I'm trying to do is get her away from this toxic relationship with this idiot on the other end of the computer.

Magical Girl

GSK Lives
HMS Thunder Child

I think gamers are a cancer and I'm trans and I game. Do you think I give a crap if you find trans people who agree with you?

H, you are NOT helping here. I'm a gamer and will always ID as one, despite some people trying to drum me out of the community.
I refuse to align myself with people who make jokes about committing violence on people like me. Find me a label where most members don't find tranny-bashing hilarious and love to let me know about it and we'll talk
GSK Lives
No, I said it's suspect, not automatically invalid.

Suspect to what? To your personal criticism? Well great, you can say things about other things. That has nothing to so with the actual movement OR anything to do with the poor 16 year old girl who thought that being a GOOD FEMINIST was to HURT PEOPLE.

Now you can say that she was 'misguided' or that she 'misunderstood' but you have to question: where exactly did she get those ideas from? She didn't make them up in her head, she was following other people. Someone told her those things, taught them to her, and ingrained them into her so often that she was brainwashed by them.

GSK Lives

I said it seems supported. I'm still leaving out the idea it might be wrong.

By what exactly? You say next not to envoke 'NotYourShield' but at least I have something to show you, something to hand to you and say, 'this is the point I am referencing.'

GSK Lives

Oh, and before you do it, don't you even try to cite NotYourShield either. We've got gays here on Gaia who lobby against gays (Kawrou 17), and plenty of women think women should be removed from gaming and anything viewed as male oriented (Sunshine Mary).

Great, people sometimes self hate, so now everything everyone says is only valid if you say so? Or how should we decide that? What magical line in the sand or divining stick do you possess that allows you to determine which people are disingenuous? Because I would like to see that.

GSK Lives

Considering what MRA's have in store for women like me, I got a pretty damned good reason to think of it as a bad thing.

And here we have the biggest issue.

So tell me, what exactly does every single MRA on the face of the earth want to do to 'women like you' (Which you haven't quantified)? And where is the evidence of these claims?

Magical Girl

God-The-RapistV2.0
HMS Thunder Child
I think gamers are a cancer and I'm trans and I game.

User Image
It's funny that you bring up NotYourShield which reeks to me of MY BLACK FRIEND SAYS and then backpedal fast as lightning when you're called.

Chickenshit coward.
God-The-RapistV2.0

So tell me, what exactly does every single MRA on the face of the earth want to do to 'women like you' (Which you haven't quantified)? And where is the evidence of these claims?

Ooo, ooo! Can I start with Paul Elam! Or maybe Vox Day! Just point where, man!
HMS Thunder Child
It's funny that you bring up NotYourShield which reeks to me of MY BLACK FRIEND SAYS and then backpedal fast as lightning when you're called.

Chickenshit coward.

I told you very clearly and reasonably why I would not be talking about the people you listed. You then tried to talk about the people you listed.

I decided that you didn't have enough brain power to have a conversation and decided to brush you off.

If you would like to try and prove that you have a comprehension level greater than a Gnat then I would be glad to discuss other points with you, as it stands I couldn't give half a ******** about your opinion.

HMS Thunder Child

I refuse to align myself with people who make jokes about committing violence on people like me.

RadFems
Quote:
I will not call a male “she”; thirty-two years of suffering in this androcentric society, and of surviving, have earned me the title “woman”; one walk down the street by a male transvestite, five minutes of his being hassled (which he may enjoy), and then he dares, he dares to think he understands our pain? No, in our mothers’ names and in our own, we must not call him sister.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/04/woman-2

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
HMS Thunder Child
I refuse to align myself with people who make jokes about committing violence on people like me. Find me a label where most members don't find tranny-bashing hilarious and love to let me know about it and we'll talk

Are you saying that the term "gamer" or the hobby altogether has been tarnished by association? Do you still identify as a feminist despite the extremists? Is that different somehow?
GSK Lives
God-The-RapistV2.0

Ooo, ooo! Can I start with Paul Elam! Or maybe Vox Day! Just point where, man!

Sure, go ahead and list individual people who are so retarded that they can't put on their own shoes and then try and blast an entire movement with them.

I can do that too. Let's go with Valerie Solanas to start.
HMS Thunder Child
GSK Lives
HMS Thunder Child

I think gamers are a cancer and I'm trans and I game. Do you think I give a crap if you find trans people who agree with you?

H, you are NOT helping here. I'm a gamer and will always ID as one, despite some people trying to drum me out of the community.

Sorry, but I love the medium. I'm going to keep with it and defend it, and the people involved in this ********, I'm not using it to advance a political/social agenda either for slapping down the would-be rapists and Commissars of Rape Culture (whatever the ******** that means, nobody's been able to pinpojnt it yet) in the name of all noncis tetrasexual furries OR for waging a war against the bleeding hole Destroy All Men feminazi/SJW horde because some male got screwed in divorce court and that could have been ME!

******** ALL Y'ALL.

Hilarious Capitalist

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Yoshpet
HMS Thunder Child

Are you saying that the term "gamer" or the hobby altogether has been tarnished by association? Do you still identify as a feminist despite the extremists? Is that different somehow?

I'm really hoping that she's joking.

Magical Girl

Yoshpet
HMS Thunder Child

The term. I still game, a lot. Been playing the heck out of Destiny.

Feminism is not a hobby. It is a significant movement that I have an obligation to improve. Mainstream feminism favors the privileged and being of some privileged axes it's important for me not to shirk and actively attack those problems with it while attempting to raise the level of discourse because the notion itself is very important. If you follow my meaning.
God-The-RapistV2.0

Sure, go ahead and list individual people who are so retarded that they can't put on their own shoes and then try and blast an entire movement with them

You know, I was about to say "Hey, it works for you and Gamergate, doesn't it?" but then you go and do it before I even say it. Bwavo. Kwappity kwappity.

Magical Girl

God-The-RapistV2.0
HMS Thunder Child

Chickenshit coward.

I told you very clearly and reasonably why I would not be talking about the people you listed. You then tried to talk about the people you listed.

I decided that you didn't have enough brain power to have a conversation and decided to brush you off.

If you would like to try and prove that you have a comprehension level greater than a Gnat then I would be glad to discuss other points with you, as it stands I couldn't give half a ******** about your opinion.

HMS Thunder Child

I refuse to align myself with people who make jokes about committing violence on people like me.

RadFems
Quote:
I will not call a male “she”; thirty-two years of suffering in this androcentric society, and of surviving, have earned me the title “woman”; one walk down the street by a male transvestite, five minutes of his being hassled (which he may enjoy), and then he dares, he dares to think he understands our pain? No, in our mothers’ names and in our own, we must not call him sister.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/04/woman-2
I don't associate with radfems. Ever. The only reason I'm not super vocal about them is because they're known for doxxing and outing trans people so that they get hurt. I appreciate the help but I don't need people telling me who my enemies are. I've got a pretty good sense of that.
GSK Lives
God-The-RapistV2.0

Sure, go ahead and list individual people who are so retarded that they can't put on their own shoes and then try and blast an entire movement with them

You know, I was about to say "Hey, it works for you and Gamergate, doesn't it?" but then you go and do it before I even say it. Bwavo. Kwappity kwappity.

That is not even a response.
HMS Thunder Child
I don't associate with radfems. Ever. The only reason I'm not super vocal about them is because they're known for doxxing and outing trans people so that they get hurt. I appreciate the help but I don't need people telling me who my enemies are. I've got a pretty good sense of that.

But you align yourself with Feminism. The thing that MADE radfems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff