Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
sitting cow
did you tell him you play dress up with your avatar too?

Are you mocking a fellow Gaia Online user for dressing up their avatar? How is that supposed to be embarrassing for them?
Yoshpet
sitting cow

Are you mocking a fellow Gaia Online user for dressing up their avatar? How is that supposed to be embarrassing for them?

do you talk about your poop or any other private matters with just anybody? no b/c some things are just not talked about, unless you're a social retard

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
sitting cow
Yoshpet
sitting cow

do you talk about your poop or any other private matters with just anybody? no b/c some things are just not talked about, unless you're a social retard

So that wasn't sarcasm? You think he actually explained how Gaia users dress up their avatars instead of discussing how "GamerGate" is a hot topic in general?

Well...okay, then. neutral
black_wing_angel
YourNeighborsCat
black_wing_angel
YourNeighborsCat
black_wing_angel

I assume they got arrested for causing a false alarm. Kinda serious charges, too.

What I like about Anita, is that she goes on and on about her "deep, dedicated research", but won't cite her sources. Mostly because "My a**" doesn't look credible, on a references page.
I've been trying to look at the bigger picture of things. So far I've hit bedrock on the fact that humans aren't all driven to helping out other humans and holding logic on a level equal to that of emotion.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Logic solves problems that emotions create.
Without emotions we would not be motivated to use logic. Like the sides of the Yin Yang.

Incorrect. Computers, for example, use logic, without a hint of emotion. Emotion does not drive logic. Nor does logic drive emotion.
Logic can suppress or explain away emotional extremes, also known as becoming more mature. On the same note, why does man first begin using logic but for the reason that he is curious (Read: unsatisfied with his current state of being).

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
I'm sorry, but unapologetic doxxing from gamergate, and one internet dude's word that a 16 year old girl doxxed him because feminism made her do it because he says so?

Excuse me while I'm skeptical.

And how about the obvious double standard (gamergate people who dox aren't really gamergate, but 16 year old girls who dox are the bastions of and totally represent feminisim)?

Plausible deniability. They want their side to look morally righteous so they deny involvement in the incidents that would make them look bad, but will harp on any single instance to make the other side look like the devil, even if they're doing the exact same thing.

Well, it's different because it's being done to them instead of them being the ones to do it, I guess.

I call that hypocrisy.

But it's not because they say so.

...seriously?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Honestly, I think whatever cause their fighting for could be achieved just as easily without harassing people. But that's just me.

Ah, you meant - that was their perspective? So...they were objectively being hypocritical?

Quotable Prophet

I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U

I call that hypocrisy.

...seriously?

Honestly, I think whatever cause their fighting for could be achieved just as easily without harassing people. But that's just me.

Ah, you meant - that was their perspective? So...they were objectively being hypocritical?

My apologies, I was being facetious earlier about the hypocrisy bit. But that honestly seems to be their pov of the whole thing.

The way they see it, they're the ones being victimized by the "evil corrupt media" they're fighting against and the "social justice warriors" who are trying to ruin video games.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous

...seriously?

My apologies, I was being facetious earlier about the hypocrisy bit. But that honestly seems to be their pov of the whole thing.

Gotcha.

Quote:
The way they see it, they're the ones being victimized by the "evil corrupt media" they're fighting against and the "social justice warriors" who are trying to ruin video games.

I am aware.
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U
Nobody Famous
I AM R U

I call that hypocrisy.

...seriously?

Yes and they are factually incorrect. Bes practice is to tell them to shut the ******** up because nobody cares enough about video games to ruin them.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Roih Uvet
sitting cow
Roih Uvet
God-The-RapistV2.0
HMS Thunder Child
I think gamers are a cancer and I'm trans and I game.

User Image
I wish I could tip this like five times because I lol'd IRL right in the middle of my Operating Systems class.

you go on gaia at school? in the middle of class?
I go on a number of social media/web forums/etc sites. I even spoke to my professor about this exact topic, and he's "very interested" in 4chan due to its free speech implications.

Techies do not give one single solitary ******** about formalities and decorum. They care about what you know, and only about what you know.

4chan and free speech, that's a good one.

Since GG started, there's been mass censorship about it all over the site. Moot replaced the old admins with SJWs, which started by that, then started handing out bans for other things that were accepted board by board.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
You know, I've been doing some thinking as to exactly why the GG pushback has been so strong, and I think I got it. Gamers are just plain sick of their industry shitting on them.

Think about it. How much discontent has there been going around the past couple years in the community? Paid DLC to complete games, DRM rights and stuff like that, and in the past year or two, there's been an extremely vocal but tiny minority that's been demanding everything tailored to their tastes, and getting it.

Its also been pretty clear that a lot of publishers don't give a ******** what devs want to do.

First half is why the gamers are pissed, second half is why a lot of devs started backing GG. Makes sense to me.

Quotable Prophet

Capt Buckner CTO
You know, I've been doing some thinking as to exactly why the GG pushback has been so strong, and I think I got it. Gamers are just plain sick of their industry shitting on them.

Think about it. How much discontent has there been going around the past couple years in the community? Paid DLC to complete games, DRM rights and stuff like that, and in the past year or two, there's been an extremely vocal but tiny minority that's been demanding everything tailored to their tastes, and getting it.

Its also been pretty clear that a lot of publishers don't give a ******** what devs want to do.

First half is why the gamers are pissed, second half is why a lot of devs started backing GG. Makes sense to me.

I'm confused, who is this vocal minority and in what ways are they getting everything tailored to their tastes?
Capt Buckner CTO

It is 100% about girls trying to join their little boys club.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Senator Armstrong
Capt Buckner CTO

Even if GG was only about Quinnspiracy bullshit and insane amounts of vitriol for Sarkeesian's weak-a** trope series, that still wouldn't make excluding women from video gaming the issue.

How do people think those are even remotely the same thing?
Senator Armstrong
Capt Buckner CTO

How the hell did I get in then?
Yoshpet
Senator Armstrong
Capt Buckner CTO

Even if GG was only about Quinnspiracy bullshit and insane amounts of vitriol for Sarkeesian's weak-a** trope series, that still wouldn't make excluding women from video gaming the issue.

How do people think those are even remotely the same thing?

And here's the thing; there ARE people who want to exclude us, among other things.

But I'm not convinced that's the bulk of GG. Even after realizing how astroturfed by Anon goons the whole movement was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff