Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Bloodsucker

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
The problem here is that I think people have decided that accepting it means it's okay. Thats not exactly the truth.

Fat people deserve to be accepted, and in many societies they are.

Being obese is a health problem/can lead to health problems, YES. However, just because I have Lupus, or Psoriasis, or Allergies, does that mean you can't accept me?

Why is it that people draw the line at fat? It's because it doesn't conform to societal norms aesthetically. Lack of acceptance has NOTHING to do with health, because people are accepted and celebrated everyday who have health conditions. People who claim to refuse to accept fat people, or who discriminate against them are doing it based on LOOKS, nothing else, because they aren't discriminating on the person in the next cubicle who is going through chemo!!

There is NOTHING wrong with advocating a healthier lifestyle. However people should be accepting of the fact that sometimes, that won't change anything. I'll give you an example: myself.

I am overweight, based on standard BMI I am obese. Based on a measured BMI where structure is accounted for, I am NOT obese. Due to my structure there is a 30-40 lbs difference in my baseline weight. On either scale, I am still overweight.
I eat an EXTREMELY healthy diet, I have to. I am gluten and dairy intolerant. Do not tolerate caffiene well, and am hypoglycemic so I must watch my sugar intake. Everything I eat is homemade, and the ingredients are checked and double checked. I eat almost nothing with preservatives, even natural ones. I consume fresh foods and veggies, and have a regular meat intake. My diet, is impeccable. I do not eat any sort of fast food, because I don't know what has been on their tables/knives/cooktops. Due to a medical condition, I cannot do even moderate amounts of exercise without causing physical harm. My diet is adjusted accordingly.

So tell me, does this mean that because I'm fat, I don't deserve acceptance? Don't get me wrong, I've found plenty of acceptance in friends, family, and guys who like that kind of body(yes they exist). I don't NEED your acceptance, especially not if you're so hung up on the social norms that all you see is my belly roll, or my floppy upper arms. I'll tell you though, I have a large bust, and an a** to match, too bad you can't usually get one without the other huh, especially since if you see me, that's probably the first place your going to look if you like women.

Society is so busy picking people apart piece by piece that no one looks at the whole person anymore. Oh they have a nice chest! Look at their hair,, it's horrible! Look at his nose it's all crooked. Her eyes are too close together she looks funny. Often times the most beautiful things are the things that stand out in a sea of ordinary. For example, a waterfall in a desert. How beautiful would that be? Rain during a drought. An island amid the roiling sea. But people are so busy looking at the water that they miss the island. So busy looking at the desert they miss the waterfall. Yes, if you look around and all you see is sand everywhere because that's all your looking for, its going to be ugly, and barren, and desolate. But if that's all you see, it's because you aren't looking.

Look into the eyes of a man whose face is covered in pock marks. I bet he's got beautiful eyes, and I bet they stand out in that desert of marks. Look at the luscious lips of the girl who is severely overweight. You'll never see them if your too busy looking at her tummy rolls, or double chin.

The only people who are REALLY missing out, are those that choose to accept everyone as they are.
People who are fat shouldn't be accepting themselves, they should be trying to improve themselves. Goodness. Society today is all about "accepting yourself for who you are" and all this fluffy bullshit. If you're fat, that really really sucks and if I were you I would be trying to work out and improve myself so I could live longer, have self respect and attract more people. Stop feeling bad for yourselves people and start to improve that which you are too afraid to admit is a flaw!

Hilarious Prophet

Agent Borealis
People who are fat shouldn't be accepting themselves, they should be trying to improve themselves. Goodness. Society today is all about "accepting yourself for who you are" and all this fluffy bullshit. If you're fat, that really really sucks and if I were you I would be trying to work out and improve myself so I could live longer, have self respect and attract more people. Stop feeling bad for yourselves people and start to improve that which you are too afraid to admit is a flaw!
Fat isn't a flaw. Is it the worst thing someone could be? Prejudice, hateful or miserable? Everyone needs to be loved as they are.
Jacque De Molay
Fat isn't a flaw. Is it the worst thing someone could be? Not prejudice, hateful or miserable? Everyone needs to be loved as they are.

I think its a flaw and there are plenty of people who would agree with me. No it isn't the worst thing that someone could be. And everyone WANTS to be loved as they are but not everyone will get a satisfactory amount of love if people don't find them acceptable enough which is why self improvement is useful.

Hilarious Prophet

Agent Borealis
Jacque De Molay
Fat isn't a flaw. Is it the worst thing someone could be? Not prejudice, hateful or miserable? Everyone needs to be loved as they are.

I think its a flaw and there are plenty of people who would agree with me. No it isn't the worst thing that someone could be. And everyone WANTS to be loved as they are but not everyone will get a satisfactory amount of love if people don't find them acceptable enough which is why self improvement is useful.
Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle and is infinite and unconditional. To love someone is to completely accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now. The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve this only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.
Jacque De Molay
Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle and is infinite and unconditional. To love someone is to completely accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now. The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve this only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.

That's a moving emotional testimony I'm sure but I'm afraid it doesn't make much sense. What do you mean love in infinite and unconditional? Are you saying there are no conditions to your love and that you simply love everyone? Well I don't love serial killers, or *****. I don't even love perfectly normal people if I don't know them. I only love the people that are closest to me in my life and you do too. You can profess to love everyone but it just isn't possible. No human truly thinks that way.

Hilarious Prophet

Agent Borealis
Jacque De Molay

That's a moving emotional testimony I'm sure but I'm afraid it doesn't make much sense. What do you mean love in infinite and unconditional? Are you saying there are no conditions to your love and that you simply love everyone? Well I don't love serial killers, or *****. I don't even love perfectly normal people if I don't know them. I only love the people that are closest to me in my life and you do too. You can profess to love everyone but it just isn't possible. No human truly thinks that way.

There are no conditions to my love, I love all. You don't have to be lovely in order to be loved, I like you just the way you are and you're perfect just because you are you.
Jacque De Molay

There are no conditions to my love, I love all with a deep spiritual love. You don't have to be lovely in order to be loved, I like you just the way you are and you're fine just for being you.

You don't love everyone. You can hate too. You're just ignoring that side of yourself. You're living in a fantasy world rather than accepting reality for what it is. You may not like it but its the truth.

For instance, if someone murdered the ones that you actually do love, right in front of your eyes, I'm sure you could be prompted to hate that person. To detest their existence and to wish that they were dead. And you know what? Thats a good thing. Loving everyone one earth, beyond being completely impossible, would be a horrible thing. It would mean loving those who do not deserve love. Wasting kindness on evil people.

Fanatical Zealot

Agent Borealis
Jacque De Molay

There are no conditions to my love, I love all with a deep spiritual love. You don't have to be lovely in order to be loved, I like you just the way you are and you're fine just for being you.

You don't love everyone. You can hate too. You're just ignoring that side of yourself. You're living in a fantasy world rather than accepting reality for what it is. You may not like it but its the truth.

For instance, if someone murdered the ones that you actually do love, right in front of your eyes, I'm sure you could be prompted to hate that person. To detest their existence and to wish that they were dead. And you know what? Thats a good thing. Loving everyone one earth, beyond being completely impossible, would be a horrible thing. It would mean loving those who do not deserve love. Wasting kindness on evil people.

Pssft, I love everyone.

That does not in fact mean that I don't hate them also. xp

Hilarious Prophet

Agent Borealis
Jacque De Molay

For instance, if someone murdered the ones that you actually do love, right in front of your eyes, I'm sure you could be prompted to hate that person. To detest their existence and to wish that they were dead. And you know what? Thats a good thing.
The only thing that evil cannot trample is forgiveness.
Quote:
Loving everyone one earth, beyond being completely impossible, would be a horrible thing. It would mean loving those who do not deserve love. Wasting kindness on evil people.
What do you do with the mad that you feel? You don't bottle it up, you express it.
Jacque De Molay

Jacque De Molay

What do you do with the mad that you feel? You don't bottle it up, you express it.

What does any of this have to do with the points that I'm making? As for anger, of course I express it?

Hilarious Prophet

Agent Borealis
Jacque De Molay

Jacque De Molay

What does any of this have to do with the points that I'm making? As for anger, of course I express it?
I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

Not necessarily.

For example, my mom is overweight. She had a heart attack last year and had a quadruple bypass. She's been told she won't live to christmas this year.

Because she won't stop eating garbage.

That impacts me on a pretty personal level.

I don't have a car. I have to walk to the store, which is about a mile's walk. I'm also well at the bottom of the low-income range, and barely manage to pay the bills. But I eat very healthy. I couldn't afford to live on junk food if I tried.

MLK was shot, yes, but the movement still had the effect desired.

Well, that sucks, but I can't blame her for living her life without fear of death. That's some pretty radical s**t, and I respect it. If we all accepted death like that, we could all really live, without fear.

I ain't walking a mile there, then a mile back with a shitload of food in my bare hands. Hell fat-a** no, I'd rather be hungry. Good on you though.

Did it? So many years later, just take a look at what percent of prison population people of colour occupy versus how they're represented on the census books. Looks pretty ******** up, right? Plus, I can't prove it to you, but they killed Tupac. They keep killing our leaders. How long are we going to let this go on?

That's your opinion, which you have a right to, but I don't agree with it.

You don't have to walk a mile, my point is that it can be done. Being fat is a choice. That's the point. A person is not forced to be fat.

Considered blacks aren't slaves anymore, yes, I'd say it had a huge impact.

Why not? We've reached an impasse, we should get to the root of it. Understanding, not arguing, is what resolves issues.

I do, though, I would have to walk pretty goddamn far myself.

January 15, 1929 - Martin Luther King Jr. born, black people not slaves
April 4, 1968 - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. assassinated by police officer, black people still not slaves
ahhhh, progress

Her reasoning isn't about living the good life. She just doesn't care if she dies. She doesn't care that it would affect all the people it would affect because it's her life and she takes no responsibility for how her methods of living said life affect others, which I refuse to approve of. She is passively hurting those who love her and she is too selfish to do anything about it. On top of that, she is the sole caregiver for my sister, who is unable to care for herself due to mental health issues. My mother has a very long history of making selfish choices which have been detrimental to our family and this is just the final one, I suppose.

My history is a bit hazy, but wasn't the black rights movement existing long before MLK was born?

Yeah, that is kinda ******** up.

As far back as there's been racial oppression, pretty much, but not in terms of the protest thing.

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
Love hate...

I love it because people can be themselves entirely...

But I hate it because there used to be a lot of sweet larger people because they felt inadequate physically. I really loved when some girl felt inadequate and I got to honestly tell her and show her she was beautiful. Not even for personal gain... Anonymously or as a passerby.

But now they're just as liberal and mean as other people... And while they have every right to be... It was really nice to have a hidden gem in a box full of coal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff