• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I like to let off some fireworks myself on National Day or New Year's Eve. I have to admit I'm not always on the safe side either xp The child inside me comes out on occasions like these xD

Haha as long as you don't get burned. Fireworks are so expensive here though. I'll just watch the ones my neighbors do haha.

Nope. If then I burn myself with the incense used to to ignite the fireworks xD and yeah it's very expensive here too. But once or twice a year I'll spent the 50 bucks for having a bit of fun =)

The most I'll buy is those little Sparklers. I find they make more exciting birthday candles XD

Yes and those are really cheap and you can use them year round too. =) I like those firework batteries and rockets though biggrin

Yup it satisfies my firework and cheapness LOL.

Just saw some movie directed and starring Nick Cheung. It was apparently his first time at horror. I've never been so confused by a horror movie. It had so many cliches from like 90s horror movies, I couldn't figure out why any of it was happening. I think the English title was Hungry Ghost Ritual. I have to say though, scary horror movies are one thing, gross horror movies are worse.

Yeah I saw Hungry Ghost Ritual too. I was looking forward to it after seeing the trailer and since I really like Nick Cheung's work. But this movie was confusing I agree. I didn't fully get the plot in the end. It has so many story elements mentioned briefly and never picked up again. It feels unfinished in the end. Like nothing happened with a deeper meaning. I liked the theme though. I'm always interested in hearing more of those opera group taboo's. They always have a rich repertoire of ghost stories.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Nope. If then I burn myself with the incense used to to ignite the fireworks xD and yeah it's very expensive here too. But once or twice a year I'll spent the 50 bucks for having a bit of fun =)

The most I'll buy is those little Sparklers. I find they make more exciting birthday candles XD

Yes and those are really cheap and you can use them year round too. =) I like those firework batteries and rockets though biggrin

Just saw some movie directed and starring Nick Cheung. It was apparently his first time at horror. I've never been so confused by a horror movie. It had so many cliches from like 90s horror movies, I couldn't figure out why any of it was happening. I think the English title was Hungry Ghost Ritual. I have to say though, scary horror movies are one thing, gross horror movies are worse.

Yeah I saw Hungry Ghost Ritual too. I was looking forward to it after seeing the trailer and since I really like Nick Cheung's work. But this movie was confusing I agree. I didn't fully get the plot in the end. It has so many story elements mentioned briefly and never picked up again. It feels unfinished in the end. Like nothing happened with a deeper meaning. I liked the theme though. I'm always interested in hearing more of those opera group taboo's. They always have a rich repertoire of ghost stories.
I kept hoping something would be explained, like when he screamed "Why are you doing this?" I thought maybe there'd be like a story that would be told. But nope, just face contortion and other fun stuff...
I do find that interesting too, which was the original reason why I kept watching. But I was so distracted with why anything was happening...I couldn't really enjoy it. I suppose it is Nick's first horror movie as the director. Hopefully he learns that plot making sense really helps the movie experience =p Don't get me wrong I still love him, just might skip his horror movies for now lol.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I kept hoping something would be explained, like when he screamed "Why are you doing this?" I thought maybe there'd be like a story that would be told. But nope, just face contortion and other fun stuff...
I do find that interesting too, which was the original reason why I kept watching. But I was so distracted with why anything was happening...I couldn't really enjoy it. I suppose it is Nick's first horror movie as the director. Hopefully he learns that plot making sense really helps the movie experience =p Don't get me wrong I still love him, just might skip his horror movies for now lol.

Yeah felt the same. Felt like he wanted to put too many things into the movie. Isn't it his first time directing in general? Yeah as an actor I like him a lot. And as director he could still progress =D

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah felt the same. Felt like he wanted to put too many things into the movie. Isn't it his first time directing in general? Yeah as an actor I like him a lot. And as director he could still progress =D

That's possible it's his first time directing too. I am curious to who came up with the story too. I've been wondering that a lot with multiple shows lol. Who writes this stuff? Then again, it may not be entirely their fault either, after the story has been picked apart by the other staff like directors and producers, who knows what's left of the original story.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

That's possible it's his first time directing too. I am curious to who came up with the story too. I've been wondering that a lot with multiple shows lol. Who writes this stuff? Then again, it may not be entirely their fault either, after the story has been picked apart by the other staff like directors and producers, who knows what's left of the original story.

Yup. Producers and directors can change a lot. Maybe it's not the same story the screenwriter originally intended it to be. And/or the writer was a newbie himself lol

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yup. Producers and directors can change a lot. Maybe it's not the same story the screenwriter originally intended it to be. And/or the writer was a newbie himself lol
That would be quite the combination. A newb producer tears apart the writing of a newb writer XDDDDDD the uber newb script!

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

That would be quite the combination. A newb producer tears apart the writing of a newb writer XDDDDDD the uber newb script!

Hahahaha and then comes the newb director to bend the screenplay to his will biggrin

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hahahaha and then comes the newb director to bend the screenplay to his will biggrin

And thus an uber newb movie is born bathed in the outraged cries of bloody murder by the angry mob of viewers. And we wonder why the box office suffers so much. I heard that Line Walker had good ratings on Monday because viewers in HK were all forced to stay home.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

And thus an uber newb movie is born bathed in the outraged cries of bloody murder by the angry mob of viewers. And we wonder why the box office suffers so much. I heard that Line Walker had good ratings on Monday because viewers in HK were all forced to stay home.

And since the box office suffers they have to raise the entry fees. It's a vicious cycle. Why? What happened on Monday?

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

And since the box office suffers they have to raise the entry fees. It's a vicious cycle. Why? What happened on Monday?
Oh there was a typhoon in HK on Monday, so pretty much everyone was stuck at home watching TV. Only then did TVB's ratings go up lol.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Oh there was a typhoon in HK on Monday, so pretty much everyone was stuck at home watching TV. Only then did TVB's ratings go up lol.

Ah lol and that only because there was nothing better to watch haha

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Considering today's options, that's still saying something. Afterall, back in the day, TVB was the only other thing to watch in HK, now we have Korean Dramas, Mainland dramas, English dramas, American sitcoms/dramas. And yet there are days where I really can't find anything to watch...lol. First world problems.

Dapper Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Considering today's options, that's still saying something. Afterall, back in the day, TVB was the only other thing to watch in HK, now we have Korean Dramas, Mainland dramas, English dramas, American sitcoms/dramas. And yet there are days where I really can't find anything to watch...lol. First world problems.

True. But I think it might have been mainly the elderly watching the TV, and they stick to TVB no matter what because they are used to it not because they haven't got other options. Young people would be surfing or gaming in the meantime.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

True. But I think it might have been mainly the elderly watching the TV, and they stick to TVB no matter what because they are used to it not because they haven't got other options. Young people would be surfing or gaming in the meantime.

That's probably true. I've tried watching HK tv, if you don't have extra channels, there really is nothing much to watch. Whenever I've been in HK, I am very grateful for internet...my grandma doesn't have it, so I have to forage for internet...sad days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff