• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I got my braces in grade 7 too. God did it hurt.

I was in judo too, had to play with boys because of my weight and height...I think that's when I started to dislike playing rough with boys. I think I broke my braces about 3x doing random things...like eating a few crackers...

Judo is cool though biggrin but broke them? Ouch that sounds painful D:
It doesn't hurt so much when it brakes, as it's just the connection between the pad and the wire, but the part where the dentist puts it back...yikes, I did not like that. Boys can be rough, they don't realize they've got their sleeve in your mouth and you can't breathe =p

Ah ok. Never happened with mine but every time when they wound the wire up to add more tension to the teeth...ouch couldn't eat for days each time. D:
Ah yes. But maybe that's also because they were beginners? Women who are seasoned in martial arts can be very rough too ;p

Yea the days of congee and soups eh? Hence why I had the crackers and caused my braces to break haha.
Yes that's true too, I wasn't quite motivated to make it to the level of being a seasoned fighter. I decided after the second time I hit my head that my academic studies wouldn't really benefit too much from it =p

Yup. And lots of painful moments when I forgot about it and grit my teeth. Ouch. xD
A pity. Martial Arts are one of the best ways to keep fit. And it can be lots of fun biggrin

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

It doesn't hurt so much when it brakes, as it's just the connection between the pad and the wire, but the part where the dentist puts it back...yikes, I did not like that. Boys can be rough, they don't realize they've got their sleeve in your mouth and you can't breathe =p

Ah ok. Never happened with mine but every time when they wound the wire up to add more tension to the teeth...ouch couldn't eat for days each time. D:
Ah yes. But maybe that's also because they were beginners? Women who are seasoned in martial arts can be very rough too ;p

Yea the days of congee and soups eh? Hence why I had the crackers and caused my braces to break haha.
Yes that's true too, I wasn't quite motivated to make it to the level of being a seasoned fighter. I decided after the second time I hit my head that my academic studies wouldn't really benefit too much from it =p

Yup. And lots of painful moments when I forgot about it and grit my teeth. Ouch. xD
A pity. Martial Arts are one of the best ways to keep fit. And it can be lots of fun biggrin

I am so glad those days are over haha. Although, I didn't get the full benefits because the retainer made me so sick I refused to wear it a lot of the time, but still relatively straight hahaha.
Yea, part of me wishes I continued, but I have a bad record with any kind of sports I have ever tried...except walking that I'm still ok. I might join my work people for walleyball on Sunday...let's see who I injure this time...them or me hahahaha.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I am so glad those days are over haha. Although, I didn't get the full benefits because the retainer made me so sick I refused to wear it a lot of the time, but still relatively straight hahaha.
Yea, part of me wishes I continued, but I have a bad record with any kind of sports I have ever tried...except walking that I'm still ok. I might join my work people for walleyball on Sunday...let's see who I injure this time...them or me hahahaha.

Yeah me too. Happy it's over but also glad that I endured it. I had no choice of not wearing it though. Mine was the type that got glued on each tooth. No taking it out. xD
Hehe accidents happens to everyone here and there ;p sounds cool have fun =)

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah me too. Happy it's over but also glad that I endured it. I had no choice of not wearing it though. Mine was the type that got glued on each tooth. No taking it out. xD

I didn't know you could do that...that seems a little cruel lol.
I seem to have more than my fair share lol. If I survive I shall let you know haha.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I seem to have more than my fair share lol. If I survive I shall let you know haha.

I looked up retainers. I mixed something up. I didn't get a retainer after the braces instead there are wires glued to the inner side of my four upper and lower front teeth to keep them in place. I still have it actually.
Well yes some got more than others :p Good luck wink

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I looked up retainers. I mixed something up. I didn't get a retainer after the braces instead there are wires glued to the inner side of my four upper and lower front teeth to keep them in place. I still have it actually.

Is it like that head gear stuff?
I did go today, I didn't realize but it's been like 12 years since I last played Volleyball. I did ok actually haha my arms are pretty bruised though. I should probably remember to bring a wrist guard next time =p but it was a lot of fun.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I did go today, I didn't realize but it's been like 12 years since I last played Volleyball. I did ok actually haha my arms are pretty bruised though. I should probably remember to bring a wrist guard next time =p but it was a lot of fun.

No I got that head gear stuff before the braces actually. Worn during the night while sleeping.
Cool. I think the last time I played was back in the school days too. Yeah it hurts quite a bit depending on which part you hit the ball with xD It often tends to be the wrong parts though xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

No I got that head gear stuff before the braces actually. Worn during the night while sleeping.
Cool. I think the last time I played was back in the school days too. Yeah it hurts quite a bit depending on which part you hit the ball with xD It often tends to be the wrong parts though xD

I wonder why braces has always looked like cruel and unusual punishment for kids lol.
Some of them were a little off, but even the ones I did get right because my skin isn't used to the beating they've become quite sensitive now. It almost looked like my arms had freckles from all the blood vessels bursting under my skin >.<

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I wonder why braces has always looked like cruel and unusual punishment for kids lol.
Some of them were a little off, but even the ones I did get right because my skin isn't used to the beating they've become quite sensitive now. It almost looked like my arms had freckles from all the blood vessels bursting under my skin >.<

Yeah the head gear thing really looked like some punishment device and it certainly felt like that xD
Yeah the body needs time to get used to the new stress. Do you have sore muscles too? wink

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah the head gear thing really looked like some punishment device and it certainly felt like that xD
Yeah the body needs time to get used to the new stress. Do you have sore muscles too? wink

Yup, I think we all felt that way when our parents told us we'd be getting braces and that it would all be worth it at the end. Not quite sure I fully agree with that haha.
Actually not really, I'm generally ok with that kind of activity with my muscles, it's more mundane things, like answering the phone all day at work that generally cause me to strain muscles.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yup, I think we all felt that way when our parents told us we'd be getting braces and that it would all be worth it at the end. Not quite sure I fully agree with that haha.
Actually not really, I'm generally ok with that kind of activity with my muscles, it's more mundane things, like answering the phone all day at work that generally cause me to strain muscles.

Well in my case I'm happy that I endured it. It did work out well in the end.
That's good then. But not the latter. That's the con of office work.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

That's good I'm glad to hear that it worked well for you.
Office work is kind of like a time management game to me so it's not too difficult. It's when the management suddenly throws a bomb at you and your time gets cut short, or if your coworker throws their game at you, and you're playing 2 games with the same time limit. I'm starting to deal with it better, like today I raged and then delegated to the people who don't have anything to do.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Office work is kind of like a time management game to me so it's not too difficult. It's when the management suddenly throws a bomb at you and your time gets cut short, or if your coworker throws their game at you, and you're playing 2 games with the same time limit. I'm starting to deal with it better, like today I raged and then delegated to the people who don't have anything to do.

Yeah sometimes you have to delegate yourself when the one who is supposed to do it doesn't ¬¬

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah sometimes you have to delegate yourself when the one who is supposed to do it doesn't ¬¬
Yea some people just need to do their job no matter their resentments at the work.
Oh I've been watching Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain. The plot is a little slow I think for the first week. The dialogue is the usual Ancient setting but modern speech. And yet it's not quite as bad as some of the shows that have been on this year. Maybe something to watch if you're really bored haha.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yea some people just need to do their job no matter their resentments at the work.
Oh I've been watching Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain. The plot is a little slow I think for the first week. The dialogue is the usual Ancient setting but modern speech. And yet it's not quite as bad as some of the shows that have been on this year. Maybe something to watch if you're really bored haha.

I watched the trailer but it didn't reveal anything from the plot only a bit posing with cliché phrases thrown at you xD but I might look into it ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff