Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm sure the guy in the middle is just a (ph)fan posing with cast members, haha.
If not .... o.0...

Yeah, the mask to me, seems ...off. As if the measurements were a few increments in error.

Merch? Sale? *woosh*

Obsessive Kitten

The guy in the middle isn't Raoul. He's just a phan. There was another photo I saw of the same Phantom onstage with the facial hair but when I did a Tumblr search that photo was the first to come up.

A lot of people are, justifiably, pissed off about this guy not only wearing his hair the way he is like in the photo (aka slung over the mask instead of wearing the slicked back wig) but for sporting the unclean facial hair.

Honestly I hope that he's clean shaven by the time this rolls near me. I don't need my first time seeing the show ruined not only by all the changes but by him too.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I'm confused about Christine, too. Is that her wig? Or her real hair post-wig? (I'm guessing the latter because of the band of skin sans makeup around her hairline.) If it weren't for the mics I wouldn't think that photo was even taken after a show.

Obsessive Kitten

Yeah it's her real hair post-wig.

Someone said it looked like a high school production of Phantom and I have to agree. It looks amateurish. I just really don't like it and I'm afraid this is what I'll end up with in November and if that's the case I'll call it a solid waste of money, even if they can sing and act.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Ok. Good. That's not Raoul. *whew*

I'll give my best review of it after I see it. Maybe if enough people tell the idiots currently ruining the show, the guy'll get a shave (not by Sweeney) and fix his wig. I mean - tampering with sets is ok, tampering with costumes is kinda ok - but tampering with the Phantom? That's cause for chandelier crashing.

Oh!!! Wednesday at work most of my day was canceled due to weather, but I had to wait right until each one was supposed to go (I drive a bus, usually to a helicopter tour for cruise ships). So the other lady I was with and I were in the break room pretty much from 6:15-6:15. SO, she had the '04 POTO movie with her. We totally watched it and it was awesome!! Any kind of Phantom that day was the best. And I was able to talk phantom and point things out in the movie. (Which she got a kick out of - I did try and stay quiet, but movie trivia is what I do best. Especially Phantom trivia.) It was kinda nice watching the movie that brought me back into phantom and theatre. smile (I still think Butler looks dang attractive *suemelater*)

So, yeah - good Phantomy news. (^)^

Obsessive Kitten

Hokay so some good news. Cooper Grodin, the tour's Phantom, tweeted yesterday that he has finally shaven his beard/facial hair off. Let's hope this trend lasts.

Silvy: Oh man that sounds like an awesome day. I wish I had friends here that were into musicals or at least Phantom with me. The closest friend I have lives an hour away and the only musical she ever kinda-liked because it was funny was Avenue Q. I had a friend who liked musical theater but she never liked Phantom and turned out she had one too many issues for me to deal with.

Luckily my mom likes Phantom though, but she's not on our level. She still likes the 04 movie, which is fine. She's gonna be with me when I go see the tour in November.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Huzzah! (Who thought that was a good idea in the first place...?)

It is irritating with the amount of changes they're making for the show. I can understand costume and set changes for ease of a travel-show, but then there's somethings that makes you wonder 'Why...??'

It'll be a neat experience for you two, none-the-less, Art. I hope you guys have lots of fun!

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
That is such a relief!

I can now look forward to this again. On that note - anyone know where I can get some awesome opera glasses, mini ones? That won't hurt the wrist and whatnot?

And - yeah. So I like to leave my iPod on shuffle. Today when I came back to it, it was a phantom song. The next five were also phantom songs. I have 8,141 songs - what are the odds?

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Y'know...opera glasses would actually be a really great thing to have.

Searching on Amazon brings up some small-looking ones - Amazon search

Obsessive Kitten

Hokay so more unhappy news. The US tour's deformity has changed. And people are complaining that they can't even see it onstage, one person said she was in the third row and didn't see it.

Here's the deformity:

User Image

Someone else commented that it looks like "melting cheese." Thoughts?

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Wait, wow...what??

Maybe because the actor isn't in costume/semi-profile view, but it seems quite a bit less...seamless.

I can see the cheese resemblance too.

Obsessive Kitten

My problem is it doesn't LOOK like a deformity, it really does look like latex and makeup. The original deformity looks more possible even with its colors of red and purple to pop out onstage. With this being entirely flesh-toned, it's no wonder no one can see it. To people in the back row they'll think he's just balding.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Yeah really. Plus stage lighting really washes out everything already. Where are the different tones of flesh? There is (suppose to be) exposed skull! >:V

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Norm

All issues with the tour (what the F are they thinking/drinking?) aside. They posted this video on the faceboook. I'm not so sure I really like Norm. He's a fantastic actor, but his voice is too ... rough for my liking. It just sounds too harsh. I dunno - what about you guys?

Obsessive Kitten

When you first hear him it's weird because he is a lower range, but after a while your ears get used to it. He's not bad.

Bad news for me though. Because of some financial problems I've had to spend nearly all my PotO ticket money and I won't be able to save up enough in time to still buy tickets. I guess it's all for the best, the tour's going through growing pains and it might be better to wait a year or two when it comes back and they've fixed the problems. (hopefully)

2 Day Later EDIT: So Sierra Bogess' last performance as Christine is September 6. Thoughts? From what I've gathered on Tumblr a lot of people are happy about it simply because it will "force" media to recognize other actresses playing the role. Because apparently she's been over-glorified and there was that stint with the (I think it was) 11,000th performance where she was credited with performing it when another actress had.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff