Welcome to Gaia! ::

PotO in Paris! Yea or Nay?

Yeah dude! 0.48583877995643 48.6% [ 669 ]
Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Obsessive Kitten

Well let's hope the audience doesn't know the actor pairing well. Though I have to say he looks good in the mask. It's not too glaring a contrast and I'm sure will look better onstage.

Unmasked: BJDs can be bought from many different companies. Here's a site that links to a few of them. Be warned, they're very pricey depending on the size doll you get. I have one that's 4 inches tall and cost me around $300 just because she came with clothes and a painted face.
Just wanted to let y'all know that I've found my old account and will be posting from there as soon as I can change the username to UnmaskedHearts smile

Protector

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Had my two buddies over for some catch up since we never see each other anymore. And whadyya know, the conversation turns to Phantom (I'm the only Phan).

I was 2/3s done with the 25th DVD so we watched the rest of that and they were impressed. Also showed them the One Man Phantom video on YouTube. Everyone makes the same face when he first sings Christine's high voice. rofl

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Has anyone ever heard this rendition of MOTN?

Music of the Night

Obsessive Kitten

That a baritone? I can't say I like it, though it may be the accompaniment which sounds like it's trying too hard to be Danny Elfman.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
That was... different. If some dude in a mask sang that to me I would not hang around long enough to find out what was under said mask.

Phantom

13,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bookworm 100
I agree with Dora. I didn't really like it sweatdrop

Obsessive Kitten

Looks like they're at it again. Here. The company looking to make an animated PotO film has put up a new Kickstarter with a lower goal, this time supposedly just to fund the script writing.

The incentives aren't much, but if you feel like supporting them then I guess it doesn't matter much. At least they're back on their feet, for better or worse.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Bleeding Art
Looks like they're at it again. Here. The company looking to make an animated PotO film has put up a new Kickstarter with a lower goal, this time supposedly just to fund the script writing.

The incentives aren't much, but if you feel like supporting them then I guess it doesn't matter much. At least they're back on their feet, for better or worse.

They should really move their project over to indiegogo... ninja

Obsessive Kitten

So on Tumblr I found a reaction to the company's 'revival' of their Kickstarter.

Quote:
It makes me very uncomfortable that the animated movie people are trying to get funded “in stages” now, and the reason I’m squicky about it is because I’m pretty sure it undermines the whole point of Kickstarter. The whole point of Kickstarter is to have a whole viable product that you need funding for, one that can be completely made/accomplished with the funds they are asking for.

The whole point of Kickstarter is all or nothing BECAUSE either you get all the money you need to finish your project, which gives you no financial excuse not to finish your project (barring any truly unforeseen circumstances) or you don’t get it at all and no one’s money gets invested with no guarantee on the product.

Asking for a more reasonable amount of money like three grand sure sounds like a solid business plan, since they doubled that in their initial Kickstarter, so it stands to reason that they could get funded for at least that much this time around. Which is all well and good except for the fact that they’re saying that at this point all that money is going to be allotted for is the screenwriters, which is deeply worrisome when you think about how the script is the most fundamental part of a movie.

If they get funded for the screenwriting, that means the ONLY thing they are contractually held to (because again, “stages”) is to get a screenplay written. Okay, so once that’s done, they’ll probably want to do another fundraiser… let’s say for animation this time. And if it doesn’t get funded? Sure, they don’t get the money from that Kickstarter, but they STILL have the money from the first one, and if they choose to give up at that point (keep in mind that they ultimately did choose to cancel their first Kickstarter days before completion) you do not get your initial investment back. That is in their pockets, it’s gone because the screenwriter is already hired, but there was never a guarantee of a finished product.

I’m not saying any of this to be a pessimist, but to be realistic about it. Just because it’s just over 3 grand they need for this stage doesn’t mean they suddenly started needing exponentially less than the $250 grand to finish the movie they couldn’t get funded for the first time around.

But this time it will be without the protection of Kickstarter’s safeguard of funding ‘all’ or nothing.

I have to reiterate, this is NOT me saying “don’t do it, bad people are going to run away with your money.” This is me saying “really think about what you’re investing before you put your hard earned money into it.”

While I'm not as leery about it as they are (I honestly believe they have the best of intentions, and I'm normally a cynic) I have to agree it doesn't look good, them breaking it into parts like this and putting each stage at risk by using Kickstarter this way.

And while I agree with you Dora about them using another site I think the reason they're using Kickstarter is right now it's a very 'in' thing and people know for certain their money's safe because of the stuff the site does before they approve your campaign. (unless you count the incident of a guy trying to fund getting a book made with all stolen and altered photography in it, but it was eventually pulled)
It's so barely reviewed before allowed to go up to Kickstarter anyway. It's a false sense of security that people have fostered, you need to be sure of the location your money is going to anyway.

Funding for films is rough. Real rough. I feel that it's not unreasonable to break it down into pieces. That way you can make the script, and if you wait three years to get established before making it, there is still the potential for a project down the line. Films are made in stages, and it is easy to lay down the ground work and then wait on the ready for opportunity. It's not terribly easy to get it all in one go.

That being said, I'm just sad it didn't get funded.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Browsing Kryolan Professional Makeup's facebook page when suddenly - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=731141253595797&set=pb.130832636959998.-2207520000.1399914895.&type=3&theater

(I know facebook images can be finnicky, I'll take a screenshot if this doesn't work).

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Oh gosh. I'm only 3 minutes in and it's great.

Hope everything goes amazing tonight!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces