Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Shapeshifter

DID YOU KNOW THAT ELROND CAN FLY??????

Tricky Lunatic

Lorelin Losse Tir-Earwath

DID YOU KNOW THAT ELROND CAN FLY??????

Stop it.

Merily
REALLY glad I didn't see this in 3d. I was really headachy and dizzy after watching it in 2D (stupid Labrynthitis), but it was totally worth it! I LOVED IT! I don't think the changes were particularly drastic and the stuff that was added made sense. And that's coming from a purist who complained about a lot of the changes in LotR. I loved that it kept the humor (and had songs!) from the book, I ended up loving how each of the dwarves look, I loved getting to see Radagast and Thranduil (my two favorite minor Middle Earth characters!). In general, much love!

Let's see if I can do a spoiler here, just in case it is a spoiler. ninja

The only really big change was Thorin, in my opinion. But I actually liked movie-Thorin better than book-Thorin. I never much liked book-Thorin, lol. But movie-Thorin TOTALLY reminds me of Faramir! That same noble sadness about him, ya know? But it worked! Now I actually *care* about that particular dwarf. wink ninja

And I agree, Loth- I loved the dwarves! Which is a lot coming from me because generally I'm all about elves and of the "ew, dwarves are icky and boring" camp. xd (Well, I've always liked Fili and Kili, but otherwise, I'm not really a dwarf fan.)

But oh my gosh, I'm geeking out here! My dad couldn't make it because he threw his back out, but he promises to see it with me once he's feeling better. So that means I'll see it again at least one more time. Yay!

I am still worried about what they're going to do with my beloved Mirkwood, though. I really am not looking forward to Tauriel in the least.

Those two showed up and I'm like, "Wait...those are dwarves right?" Then they started acting stupid and then it was, "Yep."
My favorite dwarf is still Bombur. No explanation needed.

Aww, sorry about your dad. I will totally have to see it in 3D. My mom didn't want b/c she's farsighted and doesn't like it, but my dad's just old so his eyes are a bit dim, lol.

Dwarves truly are a dependable and mighty race (think back to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad), but I just didn't see it when reading The Hobbit. Thought of them all like petty dwarves, lol. (No harsh on Gimli o' course. He's a good fellow.)

Geek-squee-segue: Martin Freeman anyone? Kick-a** Bilbo, if I do say so myself.

Who the hell is Taurial?

edit: Oh ********.

Well at least I can find consolation in that I like the actress. But still *gag*...*cough cough*............*gollum, cough*

ACK.

Why does there always have to be an Glorfindel Arwen-option? gonk gonk gonk gonk

Think I may get over any appreciation for PJ by next movie *headdesk* ....... *gollum.....cough*
Cold in here...should put on a sweater.

My mom and I were making jokes about scary mothers-in-law for some reason.
Le gasp! I just wiki'd and Tauriel's real name is Thauron! Like Old Noldorin were there's no 's' ! Only lithpth!!!!!

Tauriel is the necromancer that was spoken of!

This could also mean that Tharuman is thtraight, but I wouldn't bet on it.
rofl So that's why I hate Tauriel so much- she's evil! I don't even like the actress any (she's the whole reason I stopped watch Lost), so that's not a help. And WHY does she have an action figure already when she wasn't even in this movie? I can't get an Ori action figure yet (or even a Fili or Kili in regular size figures), but there's a freaking Tauriel already. Pout.

LOL! "Then they started acting stupid and then it was, "Yep." " Yeah, that sums them up.

My husband pointed out that Bombur didn't have any lines. He didn't, did he? Bofur talked a lot, but Bombur only ate things. xd

Oh my gosh, Freeman was a perfect Bilbo! I'm so glad he got cast in that role!

Edit: Wait, what? The Wiki page on Tauriel says "The character appears only briefly in the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which has been released in 2012." No she wasn't. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that and gotten pissed off. lol!

Tricky Lunatic

Merily
rofl So that's why I hate Tauriel so much- she's evil! I don't even like the actress any (she's the whole reason I stopped watch Lost), so that's not a help. And WHY does she have an action figure already when she wasn't even in this movie? I can't get an Ori action figure yet (or even a Fili or Kili in regular size figures), but there's a freaking Tauriel already. Pout.

LOL! "Then they started acting stupid and then it was, "Yep." " Yeah, that sums them up.

My husband pointed out that Bombur didn't have any lines. He didn't, did he? Bofur talked a lot, but Bombur only ate things. xd

Oh my gosh, Freeman was a perfect Bilbo! I'm so glad he got cast in that role!

Edit: Wait, what? The Wiki page on Tauriel says "The character appears only briefly in the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which has been released in 2012." No she wasn't. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that and gotten pissed off. lol!

His mother must have taught him to not talk with his mouth full. blaugh

Oh I saw her. It was right at the end of the scene where Radagast cast expelliarmus at the witch-king ghost of Christmas future. She pops up on screen wearing green Riddler-pajamas and babbles incoherently, Radagast does a little dance in his poopy-pants, and then he suddenly gets a phone call on the witch-king's phone telling him that his name is actually Neo and that he is "The One" who will save mankind from the Matrix.
Rinn Lothron

His mother must have taught him to not talk with his mouth full. blaugh

Oh I saw her. It was right at the end of the scene where Radagast cast expelliarmus at the witch-king ghost of Christmas future. She pops up on screen wearing green Riddler-pajamas and babbles incoherently, Radagast does a little dance in his poopy-pants, and then he suddenly gets a phone call on the witch-king's phone telling him that his name is actually Neo and that he is "The One" who will save mankind from the Matrix.

Oh! So he's just really polite! wink

And rofl . How could I ever have missed that?

Dangerous Trader

Rinn Lothron
he suddenly gets a phone call on the witch-king's phone telling him that his name is actually Neo and that he is "The One" who will save mankind from the Matrix.

User Image
His name is Neon Rig and he has to go on a quest to throw himself into a volcano to free the land from the oppressive forces of Saurtrix

Tricky Lunatic

Ryuke Dragon
Rinn Lothron
he suddenly gets a phone call on the witch-king's phone telling him that his name is actually Neo and that he is "The One" who will save mankind from the Matrix.

User Image
His name is Neon Rig and he has to go on a quest to throw himself into a volcano to free the land from the oppressive forces of Saurtrix

Wat? Dude, you makin' that up.

And, I must duly inform you, Saurtrix are actually quite good. eek

Also, put the gun down and go see the movie : D

Dangerous Trader

Rinn Lothron
Ryuke Dragon
Rinn Lothron

User Image

What has been drawn cannot be un-drawn. Maybe Monday.

Tricky Lunatic

Ryuke Dragon
Rinn Lothron
Ryuke Dragon
Rinn Lothron

User Image

What has been drawn cannot be un-drawn. Maybe Monday.

Oh no, your....weird drawing is fine. I merely took it as an implication that you were brandishing an M16 at a bunch of small children. Something which I'd much prefer you didn't do.

/goes to find some elvish Christmas carols. talk2hand

Tricky Lunatic

*wonders why so many of the elves in the film have blue eyes*

I guess blue eyes are better suited to many actors and actresses.
And we all know what happened with Legolas and the eye contacts.

Like Lee Pace as Thranduil. Maybe Legolas gets his eye-color-changing ability from his mother.

Elrond's babies are all grey-eyed. Wonder what Celebrian's eyes are?

Galadriel probably had the steely-grey Noldorin eyes. But Celeborn's eyes could have been any color. Doubtfully brown or black, as both are highly dominant genetic traits, and all his grand-kids have light eyes.

Yellow or amber is recessive compared to blue. Purple or violet is related to partial albinism. He could have had partial albinism - silver hair, pale skin, avoidance of natural sunlight...lol i dunno. Of course a recessive trait as well.

But the Sindar are prone to forests and tree-life (except Eol), so most likely brown and green would have the better adaptational quialities. Which puts his eye-color at possibly hazel, meaning Celebrian could have been anything. D;

My guess would be perhaps green flecked with grey, cause that fits my aesthetic assumptions and looks pretty with silver hairs.

Anyways, back on logical train of thought, grey eyes are clearly a dominant trait in elfies and things, And since a large portion of the Sindar are of Telerin descent (which is clearly the case with Celeborn), No doubt Celebrian would have grey eyes.

This argument stems from the fanbase's tendency to depict her with violet eyes, which, like I said, may have been possible due to partial abilnism. Only to a very small fraction, of course. As much albinism as Maiarin in Arwen.

Said Maiarin descent could explain her ability to give Glorfindel the boot, but I wouldn't count on it.

Violet eyes sets her apart from other elfies and things, but my vote is on grey eyes.

Rainbow Codger

Merily

Haven't been following the thread recently, but saw this and had to pop in. It's possible she's the elf maiden playing the harp during the dwarves visit to Rivendell. I noticed her because she's the only female elf I noticed other than Galadriel. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff