Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arthalion's Wife

Yay, hair update! Yay, they're all kind of weird and I don't like any of them... Some of the eyes are interesting though?

Tricky Lunatic

Some of the hairs are a bit fanciful. But the eyes are okay. Certainly worth consideration.
Hair styles not bad. Wouldn't mind styling a rock or dread look for fun...but nice enough to perm-change. Not a fan of the new eyes.

Merily
rofl Sauron may have been evil, but at least he was environmentally friendly?
Evilly environmentally friendly. His master did "recycle" elves into orcs >.>

Tricky Lunatic

Recycle as in change of state or nature for use as another purpose? That strikes me as more of the law of the conservation of mass/energy than the recycling cycle.

Eating your own sh*t is recycling. Taking up a career working as a wh*re is simply a change of state.

All the elves needed was a catalyst to that effect. i.e. sadism and cruelty.

Not like you can't do the same thing to human beings, but for some reason this is considered to be simply a part of human nature.

I suppose such is when you are as capable of taking control of your own fate as you are of consigning yourself to it. So perhaps the root nature of elves is unchangeable by default, enter Morgoth a.k.a. one sick b*****d.

I liked the translation regarding speed skating better, personally.

In lieu of that, I prefer the idea of Chance over Fate. Causality is a b***h, I'll agree, but the lack of humanity's ability to obtain and withstand omniscience means that calling out Fate when confronting perceived events is really just a way of saying "HAY GAIZ I'M LIEK, A TIME LORD AND EVERYTHING." Which, in my opinion, is the equivalent of telling someone, "The world is ending so you should sleep with me."

My negative words express no opinion on the topic, or any content thereof. This is a matter of great concern to me if only in the sense that I'm too stupid to be this smart and people are too smart to be that stupid.

You want to tell the truth, tell the truth. You want people to do something? Ask.
This mining process of extracting ore requires a very precise application of Chemistry as well as devotion to craftsmanship.

Trans. note: I'm crazy.

Translators are lucky. They get to be as redundant as they like without being insulting. lmao
Everyone must be busy writing...
That is a good point about elves being recycled into orcs. Ick!

Ugh, writing. I'm *thisclose* to hitting 50k on my NaNo (I'm at 46k), but my story still isn't getting anywhere. I'm going to have to set a new goal of actually finishing the darn thing by Christmas. My characters keep doing things I didn't expect and having drastic personality changes, but they refuse to actually get to the plot. I'm looking forward to editing so I can fix this mess! xp

Tricky Lunatic

Woohoo! Editing!! 4laugh blaugh

Editing is always fun. ninja

Arthalion's Wife

I'm not writing. Just been lurking a lot. I feel bad that I've been lurking so much.

Dangerous Trader

Niere
I'm not writing. Just been lurking a lot. I feel bad that I've been lurking so much.
On at least one forum I post on, lurking is equivalent to winning.
Rinn Lothron

xd Oh man, I have misplaced dialogue and characters with personalities that are all over the place. But hey, I just hit 50k, so that means at least I "won" at NaNo. Now to just finish the second half of the story. And then do crazy amounts of editing. And probably make plushies of my characters since I always end up doing that. wink

Tricky Lunatic

Merily
Rinn Lothron

xd Oh man, I have misplaced dialogue and characters with personalities that are all over the place. But hey, I just hit 50k, so that means at least I "won" at NaNo. Now to just finish the second half of the story. And then do crazy amounts of editing. And probably make plushies of my characters since I always end up doing that. wink

Lol, sounds like the preferred layout of all my stories. The more chaos, the better.

Also, the last part of your statement is absolute win.

Speaking of winning, now you've got me curious Ryuke. What forum would that be?

Nothing is wrong with lurking from time to time. I'm just no longer good at it because at some point I hit the realization that I can post some form of inebriated nonsense and throw off, accelerate, or just plain be looked over by the conversation. Or whatever passes for a convo.

Some idiot put a keyboard on my tablet. That was not a good idea.
The more I attempt to refrain, the more compelled I am to say something ridiculous with an added intelligence quotient of +33. ~*

Tricky Lunatic

Anyone been watching the Colbert Report this week?

If not, look it up. Do it. Do it now. biggrin
Chaos is always fun in writing! The sad thing is, after a month of working on my novel, I'm still not sure what I'm doing with it. The plot's completely changed from what I had originally in mind and one of my main characters is nothing like I'd originally planned. Who knows where this mess is going to end up? xd

I think I missed a lot of the Colbert Report episodes this week. I caught Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis, but I think other people were on there, too, right?

Tricky Lunatic

Yep. There was Martin Freeman and P.J. was on last night. But all the episodes are on the Colbert Report website.

Lol I loved when Colbert and Andy Serkis were hopping up onto the chairs and making gollum poses. xd

Can't wait to see Bilbo as played by Colbert in the movie. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces