Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Businesswoman

8,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
KH3 should at least be on the PS3 and 360 though it will more than likely be for the Playstation since I and II were on the PS2. Not only are they doing FF 13 Versus but there is also supposed to be a FF X remake for the PS3. I also heard from a person at gamestop, this is going to be a FF 14 as well. They need to focus more on KH since alot of fans want that first and not another FF game since 13-2 was just released a few months ago.
Valkinhien Van Hellsing mrgreen
I think I must be the only person who didn't give a ******** that they made spinoff games :I
I love them all.

Sure not everyone has the extra money to get a psp or 3ds but its not like you can't try and earn money. Hell I get my money from babysitting and mowing a friends lawn and selling art.
They're not forcing you to buy these games anyway. If you can't afford them people post game plays and many other things on the internet.

I won't be buying a ps3 till kingdom hearts 2 is coming out, if I even do. I could use my boyfriends ps3 because personally I'm not going too buy a system I can't play my old games on.

Super excited for the release of KH: DDD soon. <3
Pre ordering the mark of mastery edition.

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
I believe there is actually one more game coming before KH3, and I think it's gonna be what's called Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 (Here's the video they released for Birth by Sleep Final Mix Secret Ending: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgn0wy_kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-vol-2-trailer_videogames)

Honestly, as much as I want KH3 to be out already, I'm fine with waiting. I want them to make sure they do it right, same with Versus. I don't want them to rush a potentially AMAZING game just because the fans are demanding the release. The wait will be worth it so long as they're being productive with their time and doing everything they can to make these games to their full potential. I think the "1 game a year" thing is ridiculous and just sets Nomura up for failure.

Sparkly Phantom

11,000 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
they better cause i am tried of waiting lol
I watch E3 yesterday and they said that while Japan already has KH3 (which is kinda iffy for me since they've been using American Disney characters and such) they have to convert the game. There's a reason why international games suck. They weren't converted. The developers have to change everything from the dialog to the minute nuances of speech so what the character is saying matches up with mouth movement, actions, etc. and with a game like KH3 and such, it's always gonna take time. But yes, I agree with everyone else. It's been a bit of a while. Everyone's getting impatient.
On the flip side, Assassins Creed comes out November 3, and now you'll be able to climb trees as well as play as a girl assassin in multiplayer I do believe. And the ancestor now is Conner.

Manly Sex Symbol

Well.. i really hope that Nomura should finishing Versus and KH3 as same time, Nomura is always working on the other programs.. v_v;

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
Nomura said in an interview a couple months bak that it was time for them to start work on kh3 an the new kh game coming out on the ds is supposed to tie right into kh3 or so they say so we may be looking at a late 14or early 2015 release date
Illucio
Super Stardom
AngelxGirl14
On the Kingdom Hearts Facebook page, Square Enix already announced that they're going to start working on KH3 now.
Wut, they're not starting development until after they have finished FFvXIII.

So never? Right?
Yeah, that's usually how it works. Or I'll be in my 30s by the time it comes out

Vampire

been i hear that they are coming out with a new kingdom hearts in 3D...

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200
Kingdom Hearts 3, as far as we know, is not into development until FFvXII is done. And that has been in development for about 6 years now if I'm correct. And in a KH3. Maybe BBSv2? Who knows what he's thinking.. Anyway, for now I'm not to focused on KH3, I'm more pumped for KH3D! smile

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200
rebel to the core
I watch E3 yesterday and they said that while Japan already has KH3 (which is kinda iffy for me since they've been using American Disney characters and such) they have to convert the game. There's a reason why international games suck. They weren't converted. The developers have to change everything from the dialog to the minute nuances of speech so what the character is saying matches up with mouth movement, actions, etc. and with a game like KH3 and such, it's always gonna take time. But yes, I agree with everyone else. It's been a bit of a while. Everyone's getting impatient.
On the flip side, Assassins Creed comes out November 3, and now you'll be able to climb trees as well as play as a girl assassin in multiplayer I do believe. And the ancestor now is Conner.

Your confusing KH3 with KH3D. They are very different titles.

beebee1234cde's Princess

Anxious Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
Today's revelation of a Marvel buyout by Disney has many wondering if this means Adamantium weapons, or even more elaborate tie-ins, for the next Kingdom Hearts game. Obviously, with the deal having just been announced, no one is talking about video game collaborations just yet. But we do have some possible first details on the game that could be Kingdom Hearts III.

The information comes our way via Famitsu, who's issue last week featured an interview with Kingdom Hearts producer Tetsuya Nomura. The interview was mostly about Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, the upcoming PSP entry in the series. The long awaited true sequel in the Kingdom Hearts line is now due for Japanese release this Winter.

Closing off the interview, Nomura said of Birth By Sleep, "There are lots of mysteries or areas of interest, so perhaps people will want to play the next title. There is a secret movie after all."

For those who are new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, one tradition for the series has been to offer a special video teaser of the next main entry following the end credits of the current entry. Kingdom Hearts II's "secret movie" offered a first glimpse at what ended up becoming Birth By Sleep.

Asked if by "next title" he meant Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura would only say, "The next title is the next title."

This was just one of many revelations shared by Nomura during the interview. Among the other points of note, we were pleased to hear that Birth By Sleep will offer some 50 hours of play time. Nomura expects each playable character, Aqua, Ventus, and Terra, to take about 15 hours. The remaining time is for customization of your decks.

Adding up the play times for each character may seem like cheating, but it could be appropriate here. Each character takes a different path through the game, explained Nomura, although there are some areas where two or all three meet up.

Outside of the Kingdom Hearts talk, Nomura provided a glimpse at Square Enix's plans for the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Sadly, it looks like the company's booth this year will be a small one. The "Closed Megatheater" trailer show, a tradition going back as far as we can remember, will be missing this year. While those who sample Birth By Sleep and Final Fantasy XIII will get a glimpse at trailers of a few games, Nomura said to not expect footage from Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, and The Third Birthday to be among them.

We hope the Closed Megatheater returns at next year's show and brings with it footage from Kingdom Hearts III along with some sweet Marvel tie-ups.
-
Square Enix has traditionally been associated with the Final Fantasy franchise, but one particular series that began in 2002 took the gaming community by surprise. Kingdom Hearts combined the JRPG expertise of Square Enix with the rich worlds and characters of the Disney universe. Add in a few Final Fantasy cameos and you had one of the most unlikely pairs in videogame history -- but it worked. The original Kingdom Hearts was met with a tremendous amount of success and gamers everywhere were captivated by its unique charm and sincere emotion.

The action RPG revolved around a young boy named Sora and his two close friends: Riku and Kairi. The three children played together on an idyllic tropical island until one day a strange darkness invaded their surreal sanctuary and swept Sora up into a quest to find his friends. This journey connects Sora with Donald and Goofy, servants of the King, and the eager trio travels to many worlds in search of old companions -- all while battling the Heartless.

Kingdom Hearts would later be followed by a GBA game titled Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which followed main character Sora and his adventures after the conclusion of the original Kingdom Hearts. With the launch of Kingdom Hearts II, the protagonists enjoyed a dramatic growth both physically and emotionally, as even more villains threatened the natural order of the worlds.

The most recent game in the Kingdom Hearts series to reach the US was Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, a PS2 remake of the aforementioned GBA spin-off. With two more spin-offs on the horizon, little is known about the seemingly inevitable Kingdom Hearts III. As Kingdom Hearts is a very special series to me, I decided to put together this outline of what I'd like to see out of the third proper entry in the series. In my effort to shape this as-of-yet untold adventure, I called upon friends and readers alike to create original concept art for this dream project.

Welcome to an Older World

When Time Meanders On
The best way to approach the third Kingdom Hearts would be to set it at least a few years into the future, if not further. The dramatic -- but still believable -- jump in time from the first game to the second game helped mature the story and coax more adult themes out of the characters, so jumping forward in time again would be the best natural step for the series. Clearly Square Enix is interested in telling a mature, edgier tale, as the classic imagery in "Another side, Another story..." presents a strikingly mature atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the original game. This aesthetic is expanded even further in Kingdom Hearts II and is a necessity for Kingdom Hearts III.

Sora's Grown up
As the story and world evolve in the Kingdom Hearts series, so do the characters. Seeing the dramatic change in Sora's character was one of the highlights of Kingdom Hearts II, but he needs to grow up even more if he's to properly reflect the character development of the first two games. In Kingdom Hearts III, Sora needs to be confident, collected and committed to the tasks at hand. Minor hesitations are great and help add to plot tension, but if Sora reverts back to his childish, immature self, it'll be a huge hurdle to clear for the experience as a whole.

Also, we need to see a real romance blossom between Sora and Kairi. It's what everyone wants, right? It can retain its innocent flair, but I'd like to see their relationship take a step forward.

Levi Buchanan says: As much as I liked the "TRON" sequences just because I love that movie, I think Kingdom Hearts works better when strictly in worlds based on the animated movies. Too much cognitive dissonance with Goofy and Sora alongside Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Cartoon-y characters next to realistic actors looks weird. Of course, Square could just cartoon-up the live-action movie characters. That might actually look cool.

Darkness Spreads
One thing I've always appreciated about the Kingdom Hearts series is the cast of antagonists. Organization XIII was filled with some fantastic characters (at least in terms of their actual design) and Kingdom Hearts III needs to build off of that phenomenal momentum. The antagonists need to be darker, more vicious and hell-bent on accomplishing their goals. The Heartless and Nobodies were just the beginning -- I want to see some truly nefarious forces at work to counterbalance the purity of Sora and his friends.

Stephen Butts says: The original Kingdom Hearts is the reason I bought a PS2. It had a strong story, an inventive approach to merging both franchises and a simple but flexible combat system. They weren't able to maintain those elements for the sequel, but if they can bring them back (and lose the tedious intro levels and pointless Gummi ship sequences), I'll be buying a PS3.
-
History

After Square Enix finished development of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, Kingdom Hearts producer Tetsuya Nomura was approached by Disney who expressed interest in a sequel. In regard to a possible release of a Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura said "We have various ideas, but we're not at the point where we can say that." He added that due to the development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, "it's physically impossible at the present. I feel that it's not the right time to talk about the future of Kingdom Hearts."[1] In response to questions as to the secret movie in Final Mix+, Nomura noted that it was of a "new series" in Kingdom Hearts rather than Kingdom Hearts III. When asked about Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura noted that fans and partners alike were interested in its release, and would work to "realize it" as soon as possible.[2] In the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Ultimania guide book, Nomura announced three upcoming titles, one of which was Kingdom Hearts III. However, Final Fantasy Versus XIII was still his primary focus, preventing him from starting production on Kingdom Hearts III.[3] He later noted that Kingdom Hearts III would not see a release until after 2012, due to his pressing on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, regardless of the 10th anniversary of the series occurring in that year.[4] The Nintendo 3DS video game Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was announced to connect to Kingdom Hearts III, both in terms of gameplay system and story.[5] Once Kingdom Hearts 3D was released, Nomura was asked whether the last credits' image resembling a roman numeral III as well as the secret message directly written in English stating "The past will be reawakened as a new number In never-before seen detail Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number". Nomura refrained from answering such questions, leaving it to people's imaginations.[6]

[edit] Rumors and speculation

Ars Technica's Frank Caron noted that speculation existed whether the gap between Kingdom Hearts II and III would be similar to the gap between the first game and II, where both would have spin-off titles in between them.[7] In an interview conducted between Nomura and Famitsu, Nomura mentioned a secret video in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep of the "next title." When asked if this was of Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura responded by saying "the next title is the next title."[8] A rumor in the Official PlayStation Magazine[disambiguation needed ] suggested that Kingdom Hearts III would be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and would be revealed at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show. 1UP.com's Kris Pigna said it was nothing more than a rumor, however, citing a recent false rumor made in a previous issue of the magazine.[9] Shack News speculated whether Kingdom Hearts III would be featured on the Xbox 360, considering Final Fantasy XIII was released on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 previously.[10] Metro noted rumors that Kingdom Hearts III would appear on the Wii, though added that due to recent comments on high-definition graphics, this was unlikely. They did note, however that another rumor indicates that Kingdom Hearts III would appear on next-generation consoles, specifically the recently announced Wii U.[11]

[edit] Expectations

IGN's Ryan Clements, as a result of his Kingdom Hearts fandom, created a concept of how he wanted such a game to be; in particular, he wanted it to show a more romantic relationship between Sora and Kairi, darker antagonists, and a deeper combat system.[12] Due to The Walt Disney Company's buyout of Marvel Entertainment, it was speculated whether Marvel characters or themes would appear in a future Kingdom Hearts game.[13] Metro criticized Kingdom Hearts Re:coded along with the other spin-offs following Kingdom Hearts II, wanting Square Enix to "hurry up and get on with" Kingdom Hearts III, feeling that it would provide an opportunity for the series to be revamped.[14] G4TV's review of Re:coded gave similar criticism, calling it "no Kingdom Hearts III."[15] The Escapist's John Funk joked that we would see Kingdom Hearts III released alongside Diablo III and Half-Life 2: Episode 3, two other upcoming video games notorious for taking a long time to be released. "[16]

-There's no shortage of new Kingdom Hearts games coming out for handhelds, but what about the real sequel fans have been waiting for since Kingdom Hearts II was released in 2006? If a rumor in the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine is to be believed, we'll soon find out all about Kingdom Hearts III at the Tokyo Game Show in early October. And, not very surprisingly, it'll purportedly be a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

The rumor comes by way of GOONL!NE (via Kotaku), which reports that the latest issue of OPM (likely an oversees version of the mag, although it wasn't specified) has this to say in their rumor section: "Kingdom Hearts III is currently in development as a PS3 exclusive and will be announced at TGS." Can't get any more straight-forward than that, huh?

While it makes enough sense that Kingdom Hearts would remain a PlayStation exclusive, we're not quite ready to call this anything more than a rumor just yet. Remember -- the last time we heard a rumor from OPM, it turned out to be off the mark. But frankly, we'd be surprised if Square Enix didn't have KHIII in development already. And if there was a place to unveil it, TGS seems as good as any. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when the show kicks off on October 9.

-This is all I'm posting. There's more links if you go on wikipedia.org and search.

beebee1234cde's Princess

Anxious Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
GreeNuu
I think I must be the only person who didn't give a ******** that they made spinoff games :I
I love them all.

Sure not everyone has the extra money to get a psp or 3ds but its not like you can't try and earn money. Hell I get my money from babysitting and mowing a friends lawn and selling art.
They're not forcing you to buy these games anyway. If you can't afford them people post game plays and many other things on the internet.

I won't be buying a ps3 till kingdom hearts 2 is coming out, if I even do. I could use my boyfriends ps3 because personally I'm not going too buy a system I can't play my old games on.

Super excited for the release of KH: DDD soon. <3
Pre ordering the mark of mastery edition.

Actually some Ps3's can play Ps2 and PS games on them. Just depends which Ps3 you have.
MarzAttack
Honestly I know this is probably unpopular opinion BUT if square was smart KH3 would come out on 360. more people have 360 then PS3 and while the other games were on ps2 xbox has gotten bigger. I personally just think they would head that route. However if they do PS3 thats cool too. I wont complain. LOL

and anyone complaining about buying a new system on this thread is going to be VERY disappointed when they realize their PS2 is worthless now.

While it is true that 360 owners do have greater numbers than the PS3 owners, think of just how few have ever actually played Kingdom Hearts? Most people who own a 360 owned the original x-box and from what I can tell not a very huge number of people owned both. So I guess what I am saying is that I can't very well imagine many 360 owners would jump at the chance to get it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff