Welcome to Gaia! ::

psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
Sonic Offline
Scriptkitten
I hate to ruin a party, but I have terrible news, everyone. We're getting merged. No time frame on when it'll happen though. source
sad
I hope we don't lose WIHL. But it did say this forum would be closed and archived... What will we do if we lose this? D:
Congregate at a forum that isn't complete trash?

I agree that this would be a very good idea to start doing now.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
Sonic Offline
Scriptkitten
I hate to ruin a party, but I have terrible news, everyone. We're getting merged. No time frame on when it'll happen though. source
sad
I hope we don't lose WIHL. But it did say this forum would be closed and archived... What will we do if we lose this? D:

But where could we go? As far as Gaia goes this is the only place, but outside of here? Where is there?
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
Sonic Offline
Scriptkitten
sad

But where could we go? As far as Gaia goes this is the only place, but outside of here? Where is there?

Pick a place

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

Pick a place
Too many choices gonk

Newbie Noob

Scriptkitten
What will we do if we lose this? D:
WIHL moved from the main forum to this subform, and hopefully, it'll just move back.
MyNameIsKir

Let's move to Farmville. It has a coast and inland rivers. The disputed border with Facebook is surely just a technicality
Is it recruiter season or do recruiters just attack you once you've been at a company for 3 months? I got 50+ emails today, after a couple weeks of none.

Edit: decided to look at my LinkedIn profile. In my viewed by history, the "Talent Acquisition" guy from a company in the Philippines finds me through LinkedIn search. Then my next several views are from others in the company, specifically engineers, the CTO and CEO....

I get the feeling I was a subject of conversation. Well then.
MyNameIsKir
Is it recruiter season or do recruiters just attack you once you've been at a company for 3 months? I got 50+ emails today, after a couple weeks of none.

Edit: decided to look at my LinkedIn profile. In my viewed by history, the "Talent Acquisition" guy from a company in the Philippines finds me through LinkedIn search. Then my next several views are from others in the company, specifically engineers, the CTO and CEO....

Slightly creepy, yet also exciting?
Everybody's talking about these carrier career networks lately.

Regarding the dissolving of CT:TT:
Well, ********.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TODAY.
contrains
MyNameIsKir

Slightly creepy, yet also exciting?

Mostly just the former; I'm extremely satisfied with my job and have no desire to move to the Philippines. All of the countries I would want to move to are not friendly to my lack of college degree, or just plain don't let foreigners in. Odds are that in my later years, assuming things don't change on the immigration front, I'll just buy property overseas and use a couple 90 day vacation visas annually.

The20
Everybody's talking about these carrier career networks lately.

I'll take that to mean that it's recruiter season. It would make sense as all of these messages I'm getting through LinkedIn are addressed to "Kirstin &Kir&" and all others to "MyNameIsKir" Parsing the period of time one has been working at their current company I assume is no bueno on the wallet since you would have the parse the LinkedIn pages thanks to their API limiting requests.

Newbie Noob

MyNameIsKir
Companies operate on a lot of different methods, but one of the most popular is the quarterly method.

The next quarter ends in January, and 2 months is about how long it takes to get someone interviewed for the job. So yeah, you get a lot of recruitment around this time, and around July. It's just how the world works.
Slutty_Eddie
MyNameIsKir
Companies operate on a lot of different methods, but one of the most popular is the quarterly method.

The next quarter ends in January, and 2 months is about how long it takes to get someone interviewed for the job. So yeah, you get a lot of recruitment around this time, and around July. It's just how the world works.

I know the quarterly system, I work at a company. IME beginning of Q1 is when most of the recruiting begins because that's when companies budgets (usually) reset, and recruiting takes money. You have to pay for ads, you have to spoil your candidates a bit to be competitive with others they're interviewing with, etc. Twitch for example will be hiring starting Q1 which is perfect because that's when my BF's internship ends, so he'll have perfect timing.

With smaller startups however, usually it's immediately after a funding round. But for all I know, this could be the time of year where companies get funded. If so, it would make perfect sense that this would be recruiting season and explain the sudden explosion of contact.
The20
Well, ********.

now I will have to stalk The20 IRL

Everyday Cat

Well, I don't understand how, but apparently my performance at work as slipped so hard suddenly that my manager wants me gone. ._.

I'm in deep s**t if I lose this job. There's nothing else in Cove.
Joda01
The20
Well, ********.

now I will have to stalk The20 IRL
That'll get boring fast.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash