Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Aww, cute little cat-dog. Catdog. I remember that cartoon. XD

It's bad enough I might have to learn how to use a taxi this week. If mom gets this job I won't have a ride to work. I won't have money to move. I'm really afraid it'll quickly get to the point where it'll cost me more to get to and from work than I'm actually making. I don't know what I'll do. I'm still not exactly keen on the idea of using taxis or public transport at all. It just doesn't seem safe.
Oh no, you poor girl, having to use a taxi. Such a horrible, unheard of thing. It's not like Uber alone has 8 million users.

Also didn't you once tell me that taxis didn't come to your house, therefore you couldn't ever get to an airport, therefore you couldn't ever move out? And it's not like 38% of your state's residents lack driver's licenses and still get by fine or anything.

Seriously. Stop bitching about things that you are perfectly capable of fixing. Life isn't meant to be easy or comfortable. No matter what you do, it's ******** scary, ******** hard, bills suck a**, everything can break, and everyone is currently dying at varying rates.

Everyday Cat

The20
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir

It's bad enough I might have to learn how to use a taxi this week. If mom gets this job I won't have a ride to work. I won't have money to move. I'm really afraid it'll quickly get to the point where it'll cost me more to get to and from work than I'm actually making. I don't know what I'll do. I'm still not exactly keen on the idea of using taxis or public transport at all. It just doesn't seem safe.
How far away is work for you? If you are taking a taxi twice every day - yeah, that'll get expensive fast.
Google is claiming I'm currently 4.1mi from home but I don't know how accurate that is considering a ton of new roads are being built as I type this...

Joda01
I don't quite understand your question sweatdrop I live in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

MyNameIsKir

with all the new roads being built, taxis are a possibility now. The bus is still a nope but taxis can be used. Doesn't mean I want to though...

Why is this s**t so hard crying
Joda01
don't Scripkitten live in a place where all you need to start driving a taxi, in 3 or less attempts point to the front of the car/taxi and not to anything more then minor crimes to your fist three costumers?

shouldn't that drive the price down?
Erm ... what?

Scriptkitten
The20
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir

How far away is work for you? If you are taking a taxi twice every day - yeah, that'll get expensive fast.
Google is claiming I'm currently 4.1mi from home but I don't know how accurate that is considering a ton of new roads are being built as I type this...

Joda01
I don't quite understand your question sweatdrop I live in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

MyNameIsKir

with all the new roads being built, taxis are a possibility now. The bus is still a nope but taxis can be used. Doesn't mean I want to though...

Why is this s**t so hard crying
4.1 miles, that's maybe 7 kilometers? I'd consider getting a bike. This is half an hour driving very gemütlich (That's a word from the English dictionary now? Oh well.)
On the other hand, Texas? Maybe not the ideal climate to be outside at all, much less drive a bike.
MyNameIsKir
Life isn't meant to be easy or comfortable.
It's not? I might be doing something wrong.

Edit: Unrelated: first post on reddit. Let's see if this gets anywhere. Not holding my breath for it.

Everyday Cat

The20
MyNameIsKir

Edit: Unrelated: first post on reddit. Let's see if this gets anywhere. Not holding my breath for it.
Reddit is weird. I started fairly recently too. But their comment chains never fail to entertain.
The20
MyNameIsKir

It's not, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a lucky few, as virtually nonexistent as they are. So I give you a genuine congrats. But clearly Scriptkitten isn't one of those number with how much she bitches about her unwillingness to behave as a normal first-world human being.

Everyday Cat

I fail to see how having to pay some stranger (who is in no way guaranteed to be a safe driver, among other things) to ferry my a** to and from my dead-end job for an exorbitant fee classifies as "first-world"...

I was going to say "'Second-world" at best. Maybe", until I looked it up and realized I'd sound like an idiot typing that. Turns out that doesn't mean what I think it does.

I did once try to ride a bike when I was in dire straits and needed to get to town in a hurry. Once.
I couldn't even make it out of my neighborhood. It's uphill both ways. gonk
Scriptkitten
I fail to see how having to pay some stranger (who is in no way guaranteed to be a safe driver, among other things) to ferry my a** to and from my dead-end job for an exorbitant fee classifies as "first-world"...

I was going to say "'Second-world" at best. Maybe", until I looked it up and realized I'd sound like an idiot typing that. Turns out that doesn't mean what I think it does.

I did once try to ride a bike when I was in dire straits and needed to get to town in a hurry. Once.
I don't think anybody still uses those therms the way they were meant. These days "First world" simply means rich and mostly politically stable while "Third world" means poor and unstable.

Edit: Unrelated: apparently the subreddit i posted on is even slower than CT. That was unexpected
I've been on reddit for 3 years and mostly just lurked. There is a subreddit for almost anything you can possibly think of. I think I might start participating on stackoverflow. At least, the non programming sections. That will come after I finish this semester.

Because I surrounded myself with only gay people after moving here for college, it now feels weird to talk to heterosexual people. Actually, it's always been weird, just worse now. It would be much easier if I told them right off the bat I'm gay, or if they didn't talk about their sexual relationships.

edit: Coolbeans, I got a pink link. I've never gotten one before.

Edit: The Reddit commenting protocol.

User Image

Newbie Noob

Scriptkitten
There's so many ways to fix this.

A mopad, or even getting someone to put a motor on your bike would be good enough. I mean, it's lame to drive a motorized bike, but it works and it's cheap. Any bike store would be able to retrofit your current bike with a motor. It's winter now in Texas, so you won't have to worry about sweating to death. A kit to motorize a bike is about $200, which is affordable.

I've often suggested to purchase a tricycle, and get that motorized, since you'll have the stability of three wheels for the rain. That's closer to $500, but it's totally doable.

Maybe keep it going, and then buy an Elio when they come out, if you can wing the $8k price tag.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
So I let my friend borrow the car and it wound up in a wreck. He doesn't have insurance and I'm not certain I'll have a car. The front is pretty ********.

What do? :c

inb4 obligatory negative comments about the situation.
Sonic Offline
So I let my friend borrow the car and it wound up in a wreck. He doesn't have insurance and I'm not certain I'll have a car. The front is pretty ********.

What do? :c

inb4 obligatory negative comments about the situation.
Well, we were talking about bicycles a little earlier ...

Everyday Cat

Slutty_Eddie
Scriptkitten
There's so many ways to fix this.

A mopad, or even getting someone to put a motor on your bike would be good enough. I mean, it's lame to drive a motorized bike, but it works and it's cheap. Any bike store would be able to retrofit your current bike with a motor. It's winter now in Texas, so you won't have to worry about sweating to death. A kit to motorize a bike is about $200, which is affordable.

I've often suggested to purchase a tricycle, and get that motorized, since you'll have the stability of three wheels for the rain. That's closer to $500, but it's totally doable.

Maybe keep it going, and then buy an Elio when they come out, if you can wing the $8k price tag.

I really don't like the idea of a moped or motorized bike. We knew a guy who had one. He died in an accident on the highway several years ago. If I lived somewhere with fewer highways, I'd have done it a long time ago.
Seriously. Look up Copperas Cove. It's all highways. gonk

Captcha: metropolis
I have a 33 GB page file?! How the ******** did that happen? No wonder the system drive is almost full ...

Everyday Cat

The20
I have a 33 GB page file?! How the ******** did that happen? No wonder the system drive is almost full ...

Tell me how to make one that big! Mine won't get any bigger!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff