Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
That's about what I expected. The Xbox 360 has a 3 core PowerPC (with 6 logical cores) running at 3.2GHz. You would need a mother of an x86 machine to emulate and have similar performance. IIRC the original PowerMac G5 dev machines were regarded as running slowly, and those were native PPC machines running from 2-2.5GHz.

They're also power hungry monsters. My new i7 3820 box uses less power than my PowerMac G5 did lol.

I'm impressed they stuffed so much CPU into such a small machine.
Disconsented
Nope its a crock of s**t. Dang.
Given that the download is off zippyshare, yeah, I'd assume so.
psychic stalker
Disconsented
Nope its a crock of s**t. Dang.
Given that the download is off zippyshare, yeah, I'd assume so.

I learnt how to use Boxxi so it wasn't a total loss.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Oh that gets even better. Apparently most of those 360/ps3 emulator links go to a series of surveys that are meant to get the creator $$, instead of actually getting you a download link. rofl
WWLink
Oh that gets even better. Apparently most of those 360/ps3 emulator links go to a series of surveys that are meant to get the creator $$, instead of actually getting you a download link. rofl

Look at the videos of "proof" the gameplay is just way to smooth and stuff like file extensions are covered as well as there is no task bar or desktop icons.

Everyday Cat

I'm hardly a proper programmer script kiddie Scriptkitten if I can't even do the most basic things in JavaScript...

Any good recommendations for tutorials? I'm done with w3schools. In my time away they've... just... have they even updated the site at all since I left in late 2010?! Great for copypasting shoddy code with no explanation of how it works, no good for learning the language I've always struggled most with gonk
Scriptkitten
I'm hardly a proper programmer script kiddie Scriptkitten if I can't even do the most basic things in JavaScript...

Any good recommendations for tutorials? I'm done with w3schools. In my time away they've... just... have they even updated the site at all since I left in late 2010?! Great for copypasting shoddy code with no explanation of how it works, no good for learning the language I've always struggled most with gonk
As I've said dozens of times, w3schools is trash and doesn't serve to educate anyone.

Read Eloquent Javascript. Use MDN as a reference.
psychic stalker

The server you posted before. Are you using bukkit? If so then Spigot is worth a look at (appears to work with my modded server via MCPC+).
Disconsented
Are you using bukkit?
No.

I'm actually weighing writing my own server, because none of the existing C++ servers are worth running (and worse, none of them are portable to BSD), and Java is too ******** slow on Atom.

(But there's an Erlang server. lol.)
psychic stalker
Disconsented
Are you using bukkit?
No.

I'm actually weighing writing my own server, because none of the existing C++ servers are worth running (and worse, none of them are portable to BSD), and Java is too ******** slow on Atom.

If you do gl;hf but I don't see why (other than Java seems to have some problems with Garbage Collection).
Disconsented
psychic stalker
Disconsented
Are you using bukkit?
No.

If you do gl;hf but I don't see why (other than Java seems to have some problems with Garbage Collection).
Well, I'm running it on a 2.1GHz Atom, and the Atom seems to have more trouble with Java than my 3.3GHz Phenom II desktop, despite the fact that this is the only thing it's running.

I get the feeling that some of the design trade-offs Intel made on Atom (particularly the lack of instruction reordering and register renaming) are severely detrimental to JVM performance. (It would certainly explain why Minecraft is such a shitty piece of s**t on netbooks that I've seen running it.)
psychic stalker
Disconsented
psychic stalker
Disconsented
Are you using bukkit?
No.

Well, I'm running it on a 2.1GHz Atom, and the Atom seems to have more trouble with Java than my 3.3GHz Phenom II desktop, despite the fact that this is the only thing it's running.

I get the feeling that some of the design trade-offs Intel made on Atom (particularly the lack of instruction reordering and register renaming) are severely detrimental to JVM performance. (It would certainly explain why Minecraft is such a shitty piece of s**t on netbooks that I've seen running it.)

I was able to run 6 people on a modded server on my Phenom X2, can't think of why you were having problems :/.
I didn't think that Atom was that powerful.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
GAH! I can't believe something as prestigious as the Open University would allow us to use W3Schools as a teaching aid for XSLT. I know it's only the "try it" that they've put into the online materials but still...... total conflict.

There has to be an alternative that has a "try it" as well.
2x Xeon E5-2630 6-core - 12 cores, 24 threads.
16gb EEC DDR3
1TB Seagate 7200RPM SATA
160GB Seagate 15000RPM SAS
80GB Intel SSD
2x Nvidia Quadro 4000

Allow the jelly to soak into your bones.
Tadpole Jackson
2x Xeon E5-2630 6-core - 12 cores, 24 threads.
16gb EEC DDR3
1TB Seagate 7200RPM SATA
160GB Seagate 15000RPM SAS
80GB Intel SSD
2x Nvidia Quadro 4000

Allow the jelly to soak into your bones.
12 cores and only 16 GB RAM? Why?
Edit: And only one terabyte storage?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas