Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yuki the Third
Goddamnit, I hate microsoft RMS.
Yeah, it's an okay point of sale system, but only if it's not in a point of sale environment.
Try to install YOUR printer? oh no, you have to use the one they reccomend, or the driver package for the other epson and their OPOS config package will completely ******** up the front end POS. Try to use a cash drawer? Better hope your computer still used a com port, because nothing else works! Serial, usb, ethernet, carrier pidgeon, nothing.

and the cables.....
six foot monitor cable.
six foot printer cable.
six foot receipt printer cable.
six foot mouse cable
six foot tower lcd cable
four foot barcode scanner cable. pull the PC out, barcode scanner is unplugged.

And the customer dosn't complrende when I say MY STARTER IS DEAD, CLICKCLICKCLICK MAKEY NO VROOMVROOM FOR YUKI.

She's caused me to loose two customers already. And is now making me come out, before I'd normaly be open, on my day off, and using my mom's crysler (whose brakes are tighter than heck)...

/ranty time over

I''m already going to be billing her for two calls +3 hrs overtime, should I tack on an emergency call charge for tomorrow?
If she is somehow causing you to lose customers, I would just drop her as a customer.

Also, I think a lot of the POS crash has to do with PCI compliance.
So a few days ago I was doing research to build a new computer. The new bulldozer chips have to much marketing speak tied into them. Even the wikipedia page on the subject seems to be confused on the subject. Not to mention I can't seem to find any benchmarks of their performance after microsoft released the Windows 7 patch to fix the queuing problem.

So far it seems the best way to go is to get a Phenom 2 x4 and hope it OCs to 4Ghz. Although I'm planning on spending much less money than my last computer it sure does not feel like things have gotten that much faster.

Shameless Enabler

My girlfriend just bought me a 42" plasma TV for an early birthday present. It's amazing, compared to what we had. The only issue we had was at the store - the sales ******** kept trying to sell us on larger, more expensive 3D TVs, even after we told him that neither of us can see 3D, and it actually has given my girlfriend seizures. And yet, he was undeterred.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
nouveau sereph
My girlfriend just bought me a 42" plasma TV for an early birthday present. It's amazing, compared to what we had. The only issue we had was at the store - the sales ******** kept trying to sell us on larger, more expensive 3D TVs, even after we told him that neither of us can see 3D, and it actually has given my girlfriend seizures. And yet, he was undeterred.
Reminds me of when I was a Best Buy and the guy was trying to upsell my sister from her laptop to a MacBook pro, the 15" model, because it had more RAM.

No dude, more RAM is not worth an /extra/ $850. That's before buying a Windows license because she needed it for school, which ran Windows-specific software for her classes.
the only presents I got that didn't suck I got myself. speaking of, getting HP Veer tomorrow.
Because WebOS.

@tv: I can only see part of the 3d pic if i concentrate. Everything else is just fuzzy and headache inducing. neutral

Shameless Enabler

The image doesn't resolve for me, and my girlfriend gets insta-headaches.
Sonic Offline
nouveau sereph
Reminds me of when I was a Best Buy and the guy was trying to upsell my sister from her laptop to a MacBook pro, the 15" model, because it had more RAM.

No dude, more RAM is not worth an /extra/ $850. That's before buying a Windows license because she needed it for school, which ran Windows-specific software for her classes.

Could always just tell them "mac is t3h w0rst thing evar" and then list every minute reason under the sun that people don't care about.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
nouveau sereph

My friends had that same problem. They can't see 3D and yet the sales ******** kept trying to push 3D TVs onto them. They just walked out of the store and purchased online instead. Shitty and over pushy sales ******** like that are the reason I've never purchased any form of electronics in a bricks and mortar store apart from the one time I'd left home rather impulsively and my then boyfriend happened to work there so I got him to serve me to avoid the usual bullshit of extended warranties.

If I ever ran a retail company, this sort of overzealous sale would not be allowed. The sales would revolve around the needs of the client. I would also not bother with extended warranties at the very least for small electronics (seriously I have been asked if I want an extended warranty for a cheap iron) and possibly just not bother with them at all. Those damned strip lights would be banned as well, unless they were more shielded than a level 20 fighter wearing full plate armour. Sure I wouldn't make money hand over fist, but there are things more valuable than money.
I recently bought a 32" HDTV for my parents. I bought it at Richer Sounds. The guys there gave me great advice on which model to buy, which Bluray player would go best with it, and didn't try to push s**t on me. I love Richer Sounds. Oh, and their extended warranty/insurance cover is awesome, covers pretty much everything for five years, and costs about £30. So I always get that when I buy from them.

Dangerous Trader

Jaydi Blaze
the only presents I got that didn't suck I got myself. speaking of, getting HP Veer tomorrow.
Because WebOS.

@tv: I can only see part of the 3d pic if i concentrate. Everything else is just fuzzy and headache inducing. neutral

i have one of those nvidia 3dvision systems for my computer, after they fixed up the sync issues it works fine. Mostly I don't use it because it kills my frames, but it looks awesome in WoW. Don't much see the point of a 3d tv though.

Original Gaian

I used to lose my sense of balance with theatre anaglyph pictures; so the only way I can enjoy a 3d film is if its a shutter glasses system.
Oh the woes of vision.

This being said, I don't go out of my way to watch things in 3d. Thus, Sadly, Batman Arkham Asylum must leave its anaglyph glasses shrinkwrapped.

Dangerous Trader

Gabriel Faust
I used to lose my sense of balance with theatre anaglyph pictures; so the only way I can enjoy a 3d film is if its a shutter glasses system.
Oh the woes of vision.

This being said, I don't go out of my way to watch things in 3d. Thus, Sadly, Batman Arkham Asylum must leave its anaglyph glasses shrinkwrapped.

the nvidia system I have is a shutter system, makes it pretty dark in my room.
dunno why webOS has so much hate...I like my new veer.
it's fast, good with the battery, has turn-by-turn offline gps, a freakin' magsafe-like usb/power/headphone cord, great antenna, and gorilla glass.

Also, thinking with portals:
http://www.deviantart.com/#/d4nnv2q
Yuki the Third
it's fast, good with the battery, has turn-by-turn offline gps, a freakin' magsafe-like usb/power/headphone cord, great antenna, and gorilla glass.

With the exception of the magsafe part I could say the same things about my N8 running Symbian. (Also HDMI out, FM transmitter and FM reciever)
Yuki the Third

With a portal gun i could build a perpetual motion machine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff