Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Shoujo

17,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
='D! An active Hanna!thread! Yay~♥. ^-^

I'm relatively new to the fandom...After discovering/devouring the comic a couple of weeks ago, I've become a bit obsessed. x3;

I'm on the edge of my seat after that last update. The sound of a gunshot is more often than not, a very bad sign. >3<
Yay! I'm so happy that I can stay! Looks cozy...Thanks everyone! I promise I'll keep my shoes clean!

Ho s**t, I didn't notice the update! Yay~It brightened up my day!
And I think Worth's holding a liver...bean thing. Kinda looks like a giant mutated bean to me....

And I wonder if Tessa will show characters actually celebrating someone's birthday. Would be kinda cool....
@ Escuro- Hey there! I love your avatar!

Oh you know when in comics and movies and stuff you hear a gunshot, then suddenly the scene changes and you think something bad has happened and then when they return to the scene it turns out that something funny actually happened? I kinda think that will happen....unless a character dies or something...
Hmm... I think it's a kidney. It just doesn't look like a heart to me, and it's much too small to be a liver, and the wrong shape to be a lobe of a liver. Hearts are definitely creepy, but black market kidneys are skeezy by definition. Ooh! It could maybe be a spleen. That would be kinda funny.
I can't imagine anybody actually going to Worth for a transplant, so I'm guessing he just got it for his own amusement. Like he's going to put it in a jar or something and keep it on his desk.

As for the relationship question, I agree with kitkati. I'd just want to be Hanna's friend, 'cause hanging out with him would be a kick.

Also, welcome, Escuro-sama!

Artemis-Sensei: I don't think anyone's died. If anyone's been injured, I'm guessing it'll turn out to be alright. Remember, Zombie is narrating, and even though he is ridiculously laid back, I can't imagine him nonchalantly talking to Conrad if someone had just gotten mortally wounded.
I'm guessing one of them managed to stop him from hitting his mark, or he just ended up shooting something ultimately non-consequential.
Maybe he just missed? Maybe Ples is a really bad shot or something and he was aiming for, say, someone's head, and ended up hitting a chair or something...just throwing out random ideas.

Oh and is Ples some sort of steampunk thing or something?
I think that Ples having missed his intended target is as likely as any other out come. Especialy in light of how nortoriously inacurate the aim of older guns are.
This being said though, I think it's just as likely that it was {...} himself that was shot. I say this for three reasons. Firstly, he has as little self regard as hanna does, so he wouldn't think that himself being shot would have been that big a deal. Also his being shot would have the least reprocusions, given that he's already dead. And lastly Ples has shown disturbing corousity over {...} and claimed the offending gun as part of his "small experiment".

Timid Shoujo

17,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. ='> And thanks for the love, Artemis-sensei. ^^-

But yes, I agree with Lady Katie about the possibility of {...} being shot...It makes a lot of sense, especially considering the dialogue Ples has been offering up about {...} 'til this point.
Well, at least we know that he can't die!

6,850 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hygienic 200
Little late here, but welcome, Escuro!

@Artemis: But he can feel pain, ouch. Dx Even if he can't die, I doubt that getting shot is a pleasant experience. But then again, he did get his arm ripped off previously...

'Tis only a flesh wound!

Oh, and also.

User Image

Now excuse me while I go weep at the cost of that particular combination of items.
Oh, I'd imagine if Zombie got shot in the head, he would quite possibly die. Anywhere else, though, he'd probably live through (un-live through?). Buuuut... if he did die, he wouldn't be narrating this story. So I think we're all clear. biggrin

I also agree that Zombie was most likely the one Ples intended to shoot. However, I have to wonder what he was doing with that gun in the first place. I'm pretty sure that gun is why he has the wound in his side. (There was a similar bang sound effect right before Ples first started screaming when they entered the house.) So maybe the experiment is on himself?

Jalee: Oh, nice, you got it right down to the bandage on his face!
Yay! Lamont avie!

Maybe Ples shot himself in order to stop his evil psycho side?

What if he shoots Toni or Hanna? That's not completely impossible ...
Yeah, I feel that's the most likely. Jekyll!Ples and Hyde!Ples were simultaneously in control at first. I'm not quite sure why shooting himself would get rid of Hyde, though.

Yeah, it's still possible that he shot at Hanna or Toni, but I can't think of what sort of 'experiment' he would be running in those cases.

Also, woo! New page! But no more pages for the entirety of next week. :<
Is it just me, or did Lamont's eyebrows nearly double in size sine last we saw him?

6,850 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hygienic 200
Lol, he's got FLCL brows. I was trying to find an item on tektek like that and I could have SWORN there was one, but oh well. Time to go work on figuring out how much stuff I'd have to sell off to get that other stuff. Augh, I wish the detective's eyes weren't so damn perfect for Lamont, that way I wouldn't feel bad about substituting them for regular eyes.

Today's page cracked me up and kind of made up for the fact that there won't be any more new distractions pages next week. Oooooops, so much for that kidney... Worth, do not pick it up off the ground and put it in the box like nothing happened. DO NOT... at least wash it off if you do. gonk

And can anyone else imagine hearing Conrad fire out those six speech bubbles in an hilariously epic case of motor mouth? I wouldn't be surprised if Worth only commented on the hooker bit, though.
one....whole...weeeeeek burning_eyes
Well at least we got warning on this one. And it's only one week, as opposed to a month or so.
In the mean time we can bask in the glory that is Conrad's rant. Which was awesome.
As for the possible motivation behind Ples bringing in the guns (or gun in this case), I think this is 100% Hyde!Ples' doing. Why he's doing it though? I think it maybe to test what the gang can do.
He's already aware that they have 1 supernatraul being on their side, even if he is of questionable origin. What better way to get a potential enemy to show their cards than to blind side them and throw all the chips in. And nothing says throwing the chips in like pulling a gun in a creepy dungun/house they cant excape.
Although on that thought, as well as theorys behind Jekyll!Ples, I think that the bars might have been his doing. I think that maybe the change between Hyde! and Jekyll! may just be dictated by time. And knowing this Jekyll!Ples has outfitted his house to lockdown at the appointed time so as to contain his evil half. It's just unfortunate that in this one instance, it proves an advantage to the phycho this time.
Jalee
Worth, do not pick it up off the ground and put it in the box like nothing happened. DO NOT.

Oh, he will, I'm sure. XD

Oh, you're actually going to try to build that avatar? Wow. The eyes and the hair both are really expensive. I'd say you could probably find a standard haircut that you could make do with instead to save a few million gold, but... You really can't. I'm surprised Gaia has absolutely no standard hair styles that even come close to Lamont's hair. The eyes are so perfect, though. He makes that exact expression when Hanna asks about Adelaide.

Haha, yeah, I can totally imagine Conrad going through that whole spiel super fast. With his voice cracking in indignant rage toward the end. XD
I really like Worth's "Ya are kinna greasy."

LadyKatie: Huh. Very interesting. So the bars are supposed to go down right when Hyde!Ples takes control. But the tonic is changing the pattern. I would expect that would mean in Jekyll's favor, since Jekyll said "Good. You have overstayed your welcome" right after that. I originally thought that meant it would change the time of the change, and maybe give Hyde less time in control. But I would also expect Jekyll to have set the bars to go down right as they change, not this far afterward.
So now I'm a little confused on the order of events. I originally took the "BNG" followed by a scream to mean Ples shot himself. But now I've noticed that in the comics following that one, there are a bunch more "BNG" sound effects, and that gun is not a revolver. It probably needs to be reloaded between shots. Soo... Maybe those we the sound of a clock bonging midnight? I don't even know anymore.
In addition, now that I actually stop and use my brain, Ples was bleeding before they heard him scream, because there was a trail of blood from the open door. Maybe Ples shot himself long before they even came. Like, they were struggling for control, and Hyde was trying to get out before the bars came down, and then Jekyll shot him in desperation just as he opened the door, and so he retreated back into the house.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff