Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I took a scan of one old illustration from even older comics and Inked it, but also I sketched out 5 pages. I am so happy about it that I think I will re-animate the idea, rewrite some parts and push out a chapter or two (the whole thing is 7 chapters long, but I don't think I like it that much). But then I would need someone who would edit the text to grammatical and syntax correct English QQ

Eloquent Explorer

The Zorya
But then I would need someone who would edit the text to grammatical and syntax correct English QQ

I'd be happy to help you edit the English if you need someone? That's if you don't mind British English spelling and grammar. I have a feeling that if I tried to imitate American English it would end up as some bizarre hybrid of the two and miss the mark on all counts, because I'm sure there are many more subtle differences between the two than those I'm currently aware of.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
enchantedsleeper
The Zorya
But then I would need someone who would edit the text to grammatical and syntax correct English QQ

I'd be happy to help you edit the English if you need someone? That's if you don't mind British English spelling and grammar. I have a feeling that if I tried to imitate American English it would end up as some bizarre hybrid of the two and miss the mark on all counts, because I'm sure there are many more subtle differences between the two than those I'm currently aware of.

Aww, thank you!
I will ask for help once I have material to show (which will be couple of months).

Eloquent Explorer

Okay, no problem :3 That's good, since I'll be on holiday by then and will have plenty of free time.
I finished a page, but that was like 10 minutes of coloring. There was some other stuff too I guess. I just felt crappy today, some of it's allergies.
Oh I like this thread!
Today I got page #21 of 9LoMM (Nine Lives of Maggie Monroe) inked and updated on my site in addition to sketching out page #22 for Wednesday's update. This is in addition to the stuff I do for my day-job around the house (I work from home.)
Awesome thread! heart

I did thumbnailing for one page. Not much, but it's still something. redface
enchantedsleeper
The Zorya

Eh, from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be THAT many differences, other than some words, spellings, and slang. Like 'whinge' and 'whine'. I mean, I've read plenty of books by British authors and I hardly come across anything that makes me go, "WTF does that mean?"

As for what I did today? Nothing really, other than trying to find my freaking ruler. I finished the thumbnails to the Tailypo comic, but my ruler's A.W.O.L. Great.

Shadowy Phantom

Aside from spelling differences, there are some phrases that are used more/less often in one or the other.
But as Mink said, even with that, there are very few instances where it's impossible to understand what's being said.

I finished a whole bunch of rewrites on BD! Made some key portions a lot shorter, and fixed up some minor continuity errors.
Overall, I probably chopped 60-70 pages off the comic without losing anything, and that's always a great feeling. There are still a few portions left that could use some minor editing, but this was the last huge rewrite I'll need to do, I think.

Tomorrow after work, I can finally go back to thumbnailing!

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I love this thread. It is a nice way to keep track of what you're doing and sharing your workload with others.

I am today starting to work on my NaNoManGo script. And inking my webcomic update.

It shall be really fun.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I couldn't sleep last night so I have thrown myself onto page 24 and found out that I have no idea how should a magic powered train look like. Maybe I will just draw a normal train.
For what I have noticed, biggest difference to me is that Americans say soccer and Brits say football. gonk
Yes, this thread is very lovely to participate in.

Shadowy Phantom

Daw you guys are so nice ;_; But I can't take the credit for the thread idea. I stole it from a thread on the SmackJeeves forums.

Fixed up a tiny bit that was bothering me about my script and added an extra touch of humour to a scene that needed it. Now I get to wait for work to end for the day so I can go thumbnail some sex.
The first act outline was looking good, so I expanded it into a full-fledged summary of all the scenes. I'm going to work on act two until I need to go to work.

Shadowy Phantom

Kept slacking, bah. Only thumbed two pages, had a hard time. I think I am happy with them, though. Finished thumbnailing my first ever sex scene, so that's something. And this chapter seems to be working out well length-wise.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Planning on getting a cover done for chapter 5 of my webcomic. Stupid thing doesn't want to get down on paper. -_-'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff