Welcome to Gaia! ::

wickeddelight
So has anybody partnered up and started a project so far?

I don't want to jynx anything ninja

Isin's Waifu

Bashful Giver

Yume Yokohama
ninja posting to help keep this on the first page. ninja
Hmm, maybe I'll share some tips for getting a collaboration started up. smile

1. As a writer, of course I have lots of story ideas floating around in my head. Many of these are kind of modular - like a resturant menu where you pick one thing from Column A and one from Column B and one dessert. wink So what I'm doing currently is putting them in a spreadsheet - plot progression from left to right, and the choices for each plot point from top to bottom. I hope that if an artist wants to partner up with me this will make it easy for them to tell me which ideas they like best and want to illustrate.

2. A really helpful thing I've seen artist's do is a similar kind of choice sheet - they copy and paste, for example, all the faces they have drawn into one picture, and number them. Then the writer can say, aha!, Character X should look like face 22 except with eyes like face 31.
Well, I'm starting on a few projects(was it two?) with some of the people who PM'ed me or something....*convention zombie*
You know what would be a great addition to this thread, a list of links to other comics forums where people can look for a collaborator. Like DeviantArt's Projects forum for starters.
Soo booored... sad I could be creating a story outline right now if I had someone who wanted to draw it...
wickeddelight
Soo booored... sad I could be creating a story outline right now if I had someone who wanted to draw it...

Aw, I'd love to help you. But I'm just so swamped with my current other projects and getting ready for school and other things that I just don't know how much of a use I'd be. sweatdrop But maybe later, when things slow down? ^_^ Since the PMs are down, I couldn't Pm you, but if you'd just like to chat anyway, send me a message when the message system is working again. whee
wickeddelight

No, no, no, wrong way around. Write your story outlines regardless of having anyone to draw them. That way you can give artists that are interested a little list so they can see the kind of thing you do, and suggest something else if they don't see what they want.

Seriously, it's much better to have something to show. Like a portfolio of sorts.

Senalove, my brains are a-crackin. It's a strange way to think up stories, but I'm trying. I'll send you some initial thoughts once the system's back up. (you wanna exchange emails?)
WillieHewes
wickeddelight

No, no, no, wrong way around. Write your story outlines regardless of having anyone to draw them. That way you can give artists that are interested a little list so they can see the kind of thing you do, and suggest something else if they don't see what they want.

Seriously, it's much better to have something to show. Like a portfolio of sorts.

Senalove, my brains are a-crackin. It's a strange way to think up stories, but I'm trying. I'll send you some initial thoughts once the system's back up. (you wanna exchange emails?)

I agree, thinking up and already having stories at hand for a potential artist would be a great way for you to exercise your talents 3nodding as well as make it easier to begin a project. Don't give up xd

No worries Willie 3nodding I'm a patient girl ( ok not really, but I'm pretending to be blaugh and sure, we can exchange-mails ^_^ )
WillieHewes
wickeddelight

I do have writing samples, but I want the artist to be involved in the process of deciding what the story will be about, that way they feel like it's theirs and are loyal to drawing it, not like it's my idea and they're just illustrating it. If I do my part alone, then the artist does their part alone, that defeats the whole joy of collaboration, at least from my point of view.
SeNalove
wickeddelight

Aw, I'd love to help you. But I'm just so swamped with my current other projects and getting ready for school and other things that I just don't know how much of a use I'd be. sweatdrop But maybe later, when things slow down? ^_^ Since the PMs are down, I couldn't Pm you, but if you'd just like to chat anyway, send me a message when the message system is working again. whee

That's okay, thanks for the good wishes. What I need to find is an artist who loves my writing so we can be a permanent or at least fairly long-term team.
Name: Sora Neko (or riftmaker. Or raika. Take your pick.)
Job: Artist, writer, and CGer(?). I'm kind of lazy at inking, mostly because I'm not good at it (yet)
Seeking: A fellow artist and or writer to either collab on a comic OR be an arting buddy (I desperately need an art buddy sad )
Samples of your work: DeviantArt
Additional Info: I work mostly in the Fantasy genre. I will draw almost anything, given reason. I enjoy angst, shounen-ai, fighting, and making people laugh. I dislike stereotypes however can find ways to make them work. I seem to have a problem with commitment, but by searching for an art buddy I hope to gain a bit more dedication to my projects (competition is good for me). I feel that my writing is fairly strong and am already writing a story for myself. A few of my writing samples are in my DA account, but if you would like more please contact me.
Alternate Contact: I don't usually check Gaia very often, however I check DA on a regular basis. AIM is "xriftmakerx". Y! is iban_chan. Please only use the Gaia PM system as a last resort; I do not frequent Gaia on a regular basis and it might take awhile to get to your message.
Ooh I might maybe have a partner! We came up with a fun plot outline yesterday, but, wish us luck with actually putting it into production. heart (I would still be interested if a second person wanted to do a collaboration with me though, because I imagine I'll be able to write the script a lot faster than she'll be able to illustrate it all, and she didn't want me to help with the drawing at all even though I offered. *shrug*

I have one new idea that won't leave me alone too - I dreamed about this sexy plant guy searching for the trigger that would make him burst into bloom. But it's a challenging idea to develop because I don't know exactly what sexy plant people might look like or do all day, and it's a much more surreal idea than most things I've written.
Added Sora_neko.

And congratulations.

Isin's Waifu

Bashful Giver

Yume Yokohama
ninja posting to help keep this on the first page. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers