Welcome to Gaia! ::

You can do it here; that's fine with me.

Sorry about the having to have a sample thing, but there are so many people here that I see that just ask for a partnership without providing anything of their own work. They just expect people to walk into a partnership blindly on good faith, and I am just annoyed by that. I think a person searching for a partner has a right to know what they're possibly getting into. I know I would never even think about joining up with someone without seeing samples.

And it doesn't have to be the actual story you're working on. You could maybe write a short story or something, just a little piece so that people can get a feel for your style.

And I might as well add myself.
I'm very tempted to put myself up at the moment as i'm in search of an artist to work on a number of projects, but with the sample idea could i submit a short story that i've done? does it need to be comic related or can it be on anything and does it matter i've never done comics before?
Yeah, maybe I should clarify that in my first post.

Your sample can be anything from a poem to a short story to a novel and it can be on any subject. It's just something that shows your abilities/style as a writer.

And it doesn't matter to me whether or not you've done a comic before. It's really up to the person looking at you to decide if they care if you're experienced or not. Most other people here probably haven't created a comic before, either, so I doubt it'll make much of a difference one way or another.
Ah, thanks! I was just thinking of making something like this. Seems like you just saved me some trouble. whee
Yeah, well a couple of people from CC were talking, and Miser mentioned ressurecting an old topic she had made like this, so I liked the idea and just went ahead and did it.
Name: Sin
Job: Scriptwritter, writter.
Seeking: Manga artist
Samples of your work: This is REALLY old...
Additional Info: I already have a story in mind, and its well rounded and thought out. It would require drawing a few Anthros (furries) and some reptiles (dragons, serphants.) I am pretty desprate sweatdrop I have been looking for a looooong time...
Page 1
1 small Panel- symbols on ground, like quotation marks, small panel
2 small Panel- Wind around sybmols pick up, symbols starting to light up.
3 Tall panel- Blast of light going upwards.
scripts like this...
Alternate Contact: Im- oXIndelibleSin0x, Msn- XfangX@msn.com
Name: WillieHewes
Job: Writer, in this case
Seeking: Artist for four-panel webcomic
Samples: I'm looking for someone to take over the art for GothBoy, my webcomic.

Additional info: GothBoy was a pretty popular webcomic in its day, and still gets a good number of hits, in spite of being dead. It's basically a funny/melancholy gagstrip about a bunch of chibi goths. Please check out the comic to see if it's something you'd enjoy drawing, I will be writing fairly detailed scripts for you to draw, though your creative input is very welcome.

You don't have to copy my style, as long as the characters are recognisable you're good to go. It's important that you're cool with the comic appearing in print as well as online; I'm a publisher too and would probably like to have books printed at some point. Compensation to be discussed... (don't get your hopes up)

Contact: my email is my Gaia name @yahoo.com, please put "amaranth" in the subject line to make sure I get it. Or PM, that works too.

*fairydust*
Job: Writer, web-designer, marketeer
Seeking: Artist
Scripts I want to work on: Strip Poker (a group of friends get together for a CD release, and no one shows up...; can be done as is or as yaoi; level of nudity is up to the artist; once character designs are done, I need chibis); Chinese Chess (a lieutenant of the city guard needs to deal with a dragon; pending)); Hinami Neon (cyber-punk about a guy killing off his former associates; long-term commitment; we'll discuss compensation. Needs to have some ability to draw tech)
Other Position Needed to Fill: Colorer Needed
Additional Info: I'll do everything but the drawing; that's up to you. I want at least a weekly update.
Alternate Contact: Contact Chart
KIRIHITO
Oh! Nice topic! eek If we're interested in any artist or writer here and wish to work with them, do we PM them, or can we post our requests here? sweatdrop

Y'know, it would be easier to contact you if you had a way of doing so...

TS
*all added*
Name: Erriane/Anne.
Job: Writing, plot ideas (although input from the artist would obviously be welcome there), basic character designs and personalities, discussion, my personal 'universe' of story (as in not the Potterverse or the Gaiaverse, but along the same lines).
Seeking: An skilled artist, interested in fantasy and yaoi, able to work with poses and possessing a distinctive personal style.
Samples of your work: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12947413 -- Here is located the premise and what might be the first couple of pages.
Additional Info: It's on the page, but I want someone with a sense of humour but not too crack-addled, hopefully older than the average on Gaia (17+ might be nice) with a good handle on human anatomy, psychology and facial expressions. They'd also have to be an empathetic sort so they can get into the characters, because much of the story is personal. I want figures that aren't too cardboard-looking, and an ability to draw backgrounds.
Alternate Contact: scarlet_asphodel@hotmail.com is occasionally checked.

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
I'm a writer that needs an artist... but there are so many other writers and so few artists that I don't think it's even worth posting my bio. >>'

Though I'm willing to bet that I *am* one of the few humor writers.
Jerrit
I'm a writer that needs an artist... but there are so many other writers and so few artists that I don't think it's even worth posting my bio. >>'

Though I'm willing to bet that I *am* one of the few humor writers.

Hey, I write humor too. And that goes from randome humor to a drama with humrous elements

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
I'll eventually get to humor with drama elements, but for now I'm content with just gag-a-day one-shot funny comics. >>' Unfortunately, it is very, very difficult to get an artist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff