Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I tried looking at walks, me and my friend walked up and down the hall. I assume if I bash myself against my tablet enough times, something will look presentable...

Oh and you skipped a line where Charlie says "yeah yeah yeah" really fast. ...didn't notice until now.

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
if it helps any the arms will always be going opposite of the leg they are above, so right arm going back while the right leg is going forward. For a simple arm swing you can just animate the arm as if it were a pendulum (aka less frames in the middle and more frames to cushion the end of the swing) , and the secondary action would be the forearm and hand slighting moving forward as the arm swings back, and the hand flipping back as the arm moves forward. I just got done a walkcycle myself, and the arms gave me a ridiculous amount of trouble.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Walk cycles are irritating as hell. XD Vena has the right of it.
Now try a 3/4ths walk cycle...

There is a secret to walk cycles. It's a highly guarded trade secret amongst animators that will make your life a helluva lot easier.

Start with the contact position. One foot back on the ball of the foot, one foot forward with the heel of the foot just setting down on the ground. The contact position allows you to then draw the opposite contact position so you have your first side of the walk, and your other side of the walk.

Here's another: Don't animate the arms with the legs. Animate the legs, and the up and down movement of the torso and head, then go back and animate the arms. Once your legs are working, THEN you can add the arms.

Walk cycles will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about a character. Are they proud? Are they meek? Do they have a limp? Are their feet soooo heavy or do they have a light, prancing step.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Animator's Survival Kit goes into a LOT of detail on walk cycles. I love it.

...Even though I decided I hate animating. XD
I love my sig. heart

I'm currently having a battle with spiders over the territorial supremacy of my basement. I'll have the voices done sometime this weekend.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mr McGrumpypants
I love my sig. heart
I love your sig too. XD

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I HAVE PUMPKIN PIE. I'M SO HAPPY. heart

Heehee, walk cycles. I'm looking forward to doing them next semester. Also, I shall steal Kay's advice for my own evil bidding.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mmm, pumpkin pie. I want.

Anybody doing anything for Thanksgiving?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I got invited to a friend's family gathering for Thanksgiving so I'll be spending Turkey Day with them.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Going back with the family for Thanksgiving. We'll have over-cooked turkey and chunky mashed potatoes, YAY. Also, Sea World in San Diego.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hopefully my brothers will come home to visit me and my mom for some turkey and cranberry sauce. We're too broke to have a big ol' family reunion, but having my siblings back for a few days would be nice. :3

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Mr McGrumpypants
I love my sig. heart

I'm currently having a battle with spiders over the territorial supremacy of my basement. I'll have the voices done sometime this weekend.

What a sig...

Meep, spiders...

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I just looked at my inventory to change my avi and realized I have an extra cig in there that isn't soulbound.

Edit: Nevermind, it is now for some reason.
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I want a cig. ********.

Funny how I didn't even want the item until I found out it's going to become rare.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff