Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Bibliophile

17,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100
As we all know, today on 9/11 the Trade towers were destroyed, and left with unforgettable memories. For instance what we were doing at the exact moment when we found out that the Trade towers were attacked. Post here what you remember doing when you found out what was going on.

10 years ago: I was in Mrs. Lopez's 3rd grade classroom doing my math test when the intercom announced to turn the tv on to the news channel.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
I was in 9th grade. Also in math class when the first announcement was made. Watched the second tower get hit live on tv in chorus class.

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
<3

Well, even though this is the wrong forum and a lot of the Gaia community isn't even American...

Anyways. I was in the 6th grade. First period. All the teachers were crying, and I was very confused until they turned the TV on and had us watch. Definitely something you'll never forget.

Versatile Dabbler

5,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Mr. Fords 5th grade class, and after we watched the news I asked "Does this mean we don't have to do Morning Work?" like a jackass. sweatdrop

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
This thread will probably get moved but... *shrug*

I had just come in from school and my neighbour came running in shouting "They're bombing America!" - I thought she was joking, but we turned on the tv and then it all got crazy.

I remember going on neopets - which had a bit more of a community feel back then - talking to my friend, who was 9 years old and living in New York. I remember her asking me "Why would someone do that?", but I was only a teenager myself and I had no idea what to say to her. Instead, I stayed up until a stupid hour, because of timezones, and she asked me to light a candle with her, so I did.

@ `J i r a i y a: 9/11 didn't just have an impact on Americans. I'm British and I remember that day clearly.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I was in Mrs. King's 5'th grade class. I remember it well. We stopped lessons and just watched the tragedy unfold...

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I was on my way to work at the veterinary hospital when I heard on the radio a plane had crashed into one of the twin towers, and I remember at first everyone thought it was an accident. When I got to work we turned the little tv on and another plane had crashed into the towers so then we knew it was not an accident. It was weird to work knowing what is going on and there is nothing that could be done.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sitting on the sofa, I saw the first news report when the first plane hit and they weren't sure it was a plane for definite at that time. I kept watching and saw the second plane hit.
It's kinda bad but I wasn't really shocked or upset just really interested to see what would happen next. Grew up in an area with frequent terrorist attacks so they weren't really shocking to me.
It's my birthday so I was probably at chuck e. cheese having the time of my life smile

Festive Phantom

(¯`v´¯)
`*..*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.
I was at home watching tv and the program was interrupted. I turned on the news and never moved till it was time to go to bed. I cried a lot that day.

Trash Bear

Pissed off that I couldn't watch Monster Rancher while eating breakfast. Didn't care then, don't care now.

O.G. Fatcat

kurl
Pissed off that I couldn't watch Monster Rancher while eating breakfast. Didn't care then, don't care now.

>3000 dead
>i wanna watch cartoons ^____________________^

ur so edgy and cool and stuff

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I lived on the Air Force base that Former President Bush made his speech at after the attacks. We were only at school for an hour before all of us who lived on the base (which was most of the school) were taken home before the base had a major security lock in. I remember Mom couldn't get home from work because of the base shutting down, so me and my brother were home alone for a while. I was in fifth grade and he was in seventh.

I just remember being confused most of the time, till Dad came home (because he worked on the base) and explained it to us as we went with him back to his work. The only thing I remember asking him was "Does this mean you're going to have to go away again?"

And he did. The years after the event effected me more than the day itself, because I remember all the nights I was terrified because my father had to go overseas four or five times.

Trash Bear

sazed
kurl

>3000 dead
>i wanna watch cartoons ^____________________^

ur so edgy and cool and stuff

Didn't affect me in any way. Why would I say that if I didn't mean it? Its just how it is.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
1st grade, doing what I do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers