Welcome to Gaia! ::

I PLEDGE MY ALLEGIANCE TO (HEAVEN EDITION)

CAS 0.5875 58.8% [ 47 ]
METATRON 0.0625 6.2% [ 5 ]
BARTHOLOMEW 0.0625 6.2% [ 5 ]
MICHAEL / RAPHAEL 0.1625 16.2% [ 13 ]
CHUCK 0.125 12.5% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Were you satisfied with season nine? Why or why not?

Ehhh... sweatdrop

Coulda been a lot worse. I suppose at some point this hiatus I'll re-watch the whole thing and then I'll be able to see it as a whole?

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
User Image

Omg how did I miss this before? Is this edited or were they in a thing together? Because oh my Denny-shipping heart. emotion_kirakira

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Which were your favourite / least favourite episodes?

My faves:

I really liked 9x01 and 9x02. I thought they started the season off really strongly, and I think we would all be very spoiled right now if everything had kept up to that level.

9x06 (Heaven Can't Wait) was one of my favourite Cas episodes possibly ever. It gave us a glimpse of the human!Cas that I think a lot of people wanted to see.

Although I totally secretly wished (okay it wasn't a secret) that the big secret that was going to be revealed in 9x07 was that Dean turned tricks to feed Sammy when he was a teenager I still really loved Bad Boys. Because apparently I just can't get enough of pain.

And of course "First Born" (9x11) with Cain and the first blade. Can we see Cain again please? Because of reasons. I think that was maybe my last omg episode of the season tho...

Oh wait no 9x14! Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yeah that's it. I was particularly disappointed by 9x03, 9x04, 9x05 (that was a dark time), 9x08, and 9x12. sweatdrop

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'll just keep talking to myself, shall I? 4laugh

Datasstiel

How did you feel about the characters' journeys this year? Who was your favourite?

Hmm... ask me again after the finale! I know there has to be an aspect of cliff-hanger-ish-ness in any season finale, but I really hope we get some closure on something. Anything, really. emotion_drool

Rainbow Unicorn

Sammirah
Although I totally secretly wished (okay it wasn't a secret) that the big secret that was going to be revealed in 9x07 was that Dean turned tricks to feed Sammy when he was a teenager I still really loved Bad Boys. Because apparently I just can't get enough of pain.

-dies a little- <3

Divine Hunter

Sammirah
Datasstiel
User Image

Omg how did I miss this before? Is this edited or were they in a thing together? Because oh my Denny-shipping heart. emotion_kirakira

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL IT'S NOT A MANIP TY WAS ON DARK ANGEL WHY DID I STOP WATCHING THAT SHOW SO EARLY WE NEED TO SEE THE THING

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Were you satisfied with the possible spin off? Were you disappointed that the network didn't pick it up?

I pretty much knew it was sunk when they fridged the girlfriend in the first five minutes. rolleyes

Also, it's been said before and it'll be said again: THAT'S NOT HOW SHIFTERS WORK! scream

So yeah. I actually had no idea they'd actually passed on it until now and I... pretty much don't care. I'm kind of happy, actually. I think the show would have been really bland, and it would have sucked to have the Supernatural name on something so mediocre.

But apparently they remain "open to another “Supernatural” spinoff, given fans’ devotion to the long-running series" [source]

Which basically means they want our money and devotion to last past the end of the show, which possibly/likely won't go past, or much past, season 10. neutral

Divine Hunter

Sammirah
Datasstiel
What were your expectations going into season nine?

I really did want to see a lot more of the dynamic between Dean and Cas and how Cas being human was going to effect that. And of course I wanted a lot more human!Cas. I know I'm not the only one who's disappointed with that. Lord, I think even Misha has mentioned there was a lot of wasted potential there (tho of course I don't have a source on that because I'm a lazy butt).

So much potential. But we absolutely had to see Dean talk to dogs and Cas get raped and a weird retcon of Crowley's son and whatever the ******** they did to Tessa.

How many characters died needlessly this year?

User Image

Sammirah
I also wanted Abaddon to be scary. I feel like we got that in 9x02 and then... she kind of disappeared. And then wasn't that terribly threatening when she did pop in again.

MY QUEEN

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

But I think this has been an issue over the whole series. They have the Big Bad in the first few and the last few episodes of the season and then we barely hear what they're doing in between. I suppose they're trying to go for a limited POV type thing, only focussing on Sam and Dean and letting us know (mostly) only what they know. It happened in season two - they barely touched on Azazel . . . the boys only saved a handful of seals in season four. . . Lucifer sort of disappeared. (Although we saw the Horsemen and demons doing demony things, they didn't tell us what his ~ ultimate plan ~ was until the Brady episode?) I wish we'd seen more of the war in season six, seven seven was . . . eunh. And eight and nine feel like four different seasons - or like maybe the second half of season eight and the first half of season nine should have been one, instead of splitting up the story and then just dropping Sam's recovery after the midway point?

I think what I'm trying to say is: (and I'm probably repeating myself because I do that) it feels like the writers try to pack all the story into a handful of eps instead of spacing it out evenly. Like no one around here nope. Like they have trouble sustaining 22 / 23 seasons. In season three, having only sixteen felt like we were being robbed of story. Now they could stand to cut some of the fat. CAN WE JUST MOVE THE SHOW TO HBO SO WE GET DICKS AND "********" AND BUTTS AND "********" AND HOMOEROTICISM NOT JUST THINLY VEILED HOMOEROTICISM. ALSO BUTTS.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Miss Snuffles
Sammirah

-dies a little- <3

Omg, ikr? It's still a favourite headcanon of mine. Even if it never ever became canon I do think there's other shady s**t that Dean would have gotten up to in order to feed Sam. Do you think? Hmm?

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Sammirah
Datasstiel
User Image

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL IT'S NOT A MANIP TY WAS ON DARK ANGEL WHY DID I STOP WATCHING THAT SHOW SO EARLY WE NEED TO SEE THE THING

I've seen most of Darkangel twice: once when it originally aired and once a couple years ago. Both times I only made it up to about the last third of the second season. sweatdrop I had no idea Ty was in it, and I don't remember if I saw that episode or not.

But really, how do the Denny shippers not know about this gif? rofl

Divine Hunter

Sammirah
Datasstiel

Ehhh... sweatdrop

Coulda been a lot worse. I suppose at some point this hiatus I'll re-watch the whole thing and then I'll be able to see it as a whole?

I was doing this and stopped at Holy Terror because Them. Butit'salmostlikewatchingtwodifferentseasonsanyway.

Sammirah
I really liked 9x01 and 9x02. I thought they started the season off really strongly, and I think we would all be very spoiled right now if everything had kept up to that level.

I liked 9.02 more, possibly because I knew it was filmed first. Or it could have been the presence of my glorious ginger goddess.

Sammirah
9x06 (Heaven Can't Wait) was one of my favourite Cas episodes possibly ever. It gave us a glimpse of the human!Cas that I think a lot of people wanted to see.

User Image

FEELS ALSO THAT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY EVER SRSLY

Sammirah

User Image

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel

How long have you been watching the show? Do you participate in fandom? Have you done any fanart, written fanfic / meta, attended any cons, participated in GISHWHES?

I started watching it in 2012 when I was back (edit: newly back) in Canada and feeling displaced. I watched up to mid-season 7 in a couple weeks and then lost interest until last year around the time season 8 was ending, and then I discovered the fandom... and yeah. sweatdrop

And yes. It's possible I may have written a few things. ninja

And for anyone who doesn't know, I am a crazy person who is going VanCon this year, and VegasCon next year. blaugh

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Okay, last one!

Datasstiel
Will you be back for season ten?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So yes.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Sammirah
Datasstiel
What were your expectations going into season nine?

I really did want to see a lot more of the dynamic between Dean and Cas and how Cas being human was going to effect that. And of course I wanted a lot more human!Cas. I know I'm not the only one who's disappointed with that. Lord, I think even Misha has mentioned there was a lot of wasted potential there (tho of course I don't have a source on that because I'm a lazy butt).

So much potential. But we absolutely had to see Dean talk to dogs and Cas get raped and a weird retcon of Crowley's son and whatever the ******** they did to Tessa.

How many characters died needlessly this year?

UGH.

Datasstiel
Sammirah
I also wanted Abaddon to be scary. I feel like we got that in 9x02 and then... she kind of disappeared. And then wasn't that terribly threatening when she did pop in again.

MY QUEEN

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

But I think this has been an issue over the whole series. They have the Big Bad in the first few and the last few episodes of the season and then we barely hear what they're doing in between. I suppose they're trying to go for a limited POV type thing, only focussing on Sam and Dean and letting us know (mostly) only what they know. It happened in season two - they barely touched on Azazel . . . the boys only saved a handful of seals in season four. . . Lucifer sort of disappeared. (Although we saw the Horsemen and demons doing demony things, they didn't tell us what his ~ ultimate plan ~ was until the Brady episode?) I wish we'd seen more of the war in season six, seven seven was . . . eunh. And eight and nine feel like four different seasons - or like maybe the second half of season eight and the first half of season nine should have been one, instead of splitting up the story and then just dropping Sam's recovery after the midway point?

I think what I'm trying to say is: (and I'm probably repeating myself because I do that) it feels like the writers try to pack all the story into a handful of eps instead of spacing it out evenly. Like no one around here nope. Like they have trouble sustaining 22 / 23 seasons. In season three, having only sixteen felt like we were being robbed of story. Now they could stand to cut some of the fat.

They really could stand to cut some extra stuff. I'm sure that there were no more stand-alone/filler episodes this season than there normally is, except that so many of them were so bad.

Datasstiel
CAN WE JUST MOVE THE SHOW TO HBO SO WE GET DICKS AND "********" AND BUTTS AND "********" AND HOMOEROTICISM NOT JUST THINLY VEILED HOMOEROTICISM. ALSO BUTTS.

I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT TIT FOR THIS.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Datasstiel
Sammirah
Datasstiel

Ehhh... sweatdrop

I was doing this and stopped at Holy Terror because Them. Butit'salmostlikewatchingtwodifferentseasonsanyway.

Sammirah

I liked 9.02 more, possibly because I knew it was filmed first. Or it could have been the presence of my glorious ginger goddess.

Sammirah

User Image

FEELS ALSO THAT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY EVER SRSLY

Sammirah

User Image

I feel like this season has been really polarising. Basically, when it's been great it's been GREAT but when it hasn't it's been pretty damn brutal. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff