Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
living life thinking that there's nothing after death - it would have been better that you won't even existed at all

if you see God as of being different to anyone, then you think that you are your own God, which implies that you don't know s**t about what will come after death, so you would be a worthless god

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
living life thinking that there's nothing after death - it would have been better that you won't even existed at all

if you see God as of being different to anyone, then you think that you are your own God, which implies that you don't know s**t about what will come after death, so you would be a worthless god

once you learn to respect and accept death maybe you will understand that "life after death" is an impossibility presented in many religions to invoke servitude.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

once you learn to respect and accept death maybe you will understand that "life after death" is an impossibility presented in many religions to invoke servitude.

if I accept death, then I would have killed myself a long time ago

Friendly Raider

Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

Death is inevitable. The only chance one has of a "true" immortal soul belongs with the message and energy one emits during life. The fact is that your words and actions will be stored in other peoples brains, for eternity if your message was meaningful to society at large or to your friend group whom will share your habits. If I write a book, I may become immortalized in people brains. To which I would then spread out through their interpretation of me.

Your life after death is not yours, it will belong to the people. Will your words and actions be cherished by future generations, or hated? Will your god be worthless because of your actions or will they embrace your god?

What counts is the now, as now is simply part of eternity. If you perceive your life as separate from eternity, than what you work for will be brought quicker by your death.

Tipsy Smoker

SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

Death is inevitable. The only chance one has of a "true" immortal soul belongs with the message and energy one emits during life. The fact is that your words and actions will be stored in other peoples brains, for eternity if your message was meaningful to society at large or to your friend group whom will share your habits. If I write a book, I may become immortalized in people brains. To which I would then spread out through their interpretation of me.

Your life after death is not yours, it will belong to the people. Will your words and actions be cherished by future generations, or hated? Will your god be worthless because of your actions or will they embrace your god?

What counts is the now, as now is simply part of eternity. If you perceive your life as separate from eternity, than what you work for will be brought quicker by your death.

clapping.gif
I'm no christian but this is some heavy s**t

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

yeah, but everything that I sotred on their brains will be worthless, meaningless... there will be no point of doing anything if I do things when I know that I will die. There's no reward for me if I leave knowledge on everyone's brain if I die and if they die.. is just pointless to live if you will die for nothing, but I believe in continuing my life in God after I die.

Tipsy Smoker

Luffy--1
I'm no christian but this is some heavy s**t

yeah i like zao

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

yeah, but everything that I sotred on their brains will be worthless, meaningless... there will be no point of doing anything if I do things when I know that I will die. There's no reward for me if I leave knowledge on everyone's brain if I die and if they die.. is just pointless to live if you will die for nothing, but I believe in continuing my life in God after I die.

that is the most narrow-minded and selfish thing I think I have ever heard, I'm really glad I don't have a desire to leave mankind to seek the Elysian Fields.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

that is the most narrow-minded and selfish thing I think I have ever heard, I'm really glad I don't have a desire to leave mankind to seek the Elysian Fields.

but, does it matter if it is selfish or not if you think there's nothing after death? I dont think so, that's why Im putting it at that point of view when we don't believe in life after death..

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

but, does it matter if it is selfish or not if you think there's nothing after death? I dont think so, that's why Im putting it at that point of view when we don't believe in life after death..

read your previous post and how willing you are to abandon your fellow man and knowledge for heaven.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

read your previous post and how willing you are to abandon your fellow man and knowledge for heaven.

if I need to abandon myself in this world, then get it done

Tipsy Smoker

β€œFor those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

-- Charles Bukowski

β€œ...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honourably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!”

-- Mark Twain
Honestly, I don't care if they're Christian or not. On the other hand, worship/preachy lyrics are a tad on the trite side. But I don't hold it against the Christian faith. Although I have some gripes with them. Trouble's early Christian stuff was damn good, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff